Final

Pinku Pinku is Alive or Lay Adopts a Unicorn

The day of the incident

“Minnie- come on…it will be fun!”

“Stop calling me that Pabo”

“Fine- Minseokkkiieeee it will be fun!”

Minseok was frustrated. It had been a long day of shopping and his feet hurt and he was getting tired despite all of the coffee he had managed to down in between shops. It was a fun day for the most part, really, hanging out with his consistently over eager best friend Luhan. But now that the sun was setting and clouds were beginning to promise rain, the eldest member of Exo had one thing on his mind and that was going home and putting his feet up. So now he was frustrated.

Luhan grabbed Minseok’s wrist and started to drag him towards the shop of interest.

“Come on, we can sit down and it probably won’t take long. Aren’t you a little curious what the future has in store for you?” Luhan was all smiles and energy, which was hard to ignore. No, it was impossible to ignore. Which was good most of the time, unless you wanted to rest.

Minseok knew there was no further arguing when Luhan had already thrown open the door and pushed him inside. The smell hit him first, the lack of light second. The air was heavy with incense, the smoke of the burning sticks curling in the low light. The ceiling had a bare light bulb, but the thing seemed to be covered with a layer of dust to the point that the light was barely visible.

The store was old, a strange little place tucked in an alley off of Apgujeong’s main thoroughfare. It was weird, Minseok thought, that he had never seen the place before. But then again he never paid much attention to stores advertising fortune telling.

Luhan shut the door behind them and looked around, excited to see what this house of fortune contained. There was a table in the middle, covered with some kind of beaded monstrosity of patchwork silk. The walls were bare, except for a framed sign that read “Fortunes told, No refunds”. A curtain hung along the back wall, which he supposed divided the store from some kind of office.

Before either man could analyze the store further the curtain was pulled back dramatically. A little old man hobbled out, his face weathered. His long gray hair was hanging around his face, making him seem not of this world.

“Hi” Luhan bowed, pushing a shocked Minseok to follow, “It is nice to meet you! We would like to have our fortunes read.”

The old man said nothing, only motioned for the two of them to sit at the table. Minseok did not find this comfortable, not even one bit. Luhan on the other hand practically shoved him into the chair never once changing his expression from that of happy anticipation.

The old man sat.

“You realize there is no going back.” The old man’s voice was strained, raspy.

No, Minseok thought, this is totally not weird.

“Sure. So what do you see in our future?” Luhan apparently thought differently.

“Wait! How much does this cost? And, um, do you need to see our hands or something or do you use cards?” Minseok didn’t like unknown things. Hated them.

The old man ignored the questions, well at least those asked by Minseok.

“You” the fortune teller pointed a crooked finger at Minseok “Will be married within a year.”

Minseok chocked. What? Married? He wasn’t even dating anyone?

“And you,” The fortune teller turned his attention to suddenly very pale Luhan, “Will be alone. Forever.”

A bolt of lightning struck, almost on queue. Minseok and Luhan jumped in tandem, while the fortune teller remained eerily still.

“What are you talking about? Ha, that is just crazy. Minnie doesn’t even have a girlfriend, I mean how could you even think that? And me alone? I have a lot of friends and-“

Luhan’s rambling was interrupted by another lightning strike. The rain, which was falling heavily, drummed against the shop’s roof.

“What about our careers? Or our health?”

The old man just stared. After a moment he held out his hand. Luhan scoffed, did he want payment for two sentences?

Minseok, hearing another rumble of thunder, grabbed Luhan’s arm “Just pay him, we need to get back.”

Luhan handed the man some money and scurried after Minseok, who had practically bolted from the place. Luhan, caught up to him, throwing an arm over his shoulder so they would both be covered by Minseok’s umbrella.

“That man was crazy. Married? Me alone. Ha…ha…” Luhan squeezed his baozi’s shoulder which told Minseok all he needed to know.

“Don’t believe it Lu, he is probably a fraud.” Luhan had taken the fortune tellers words to heart.

“Yeah, probably a fraud” Luhan mumbled, emphasizing the word probably.

***

Later that night, back at the Exo dorms

“Hyung, why do you look so down?” Jongin had noticed that Luhan had been uncharacteristically sulking since Minseok and him and returned from their shopping trip. It was unusual to see Luhan like that. While was not the most exuberant of the group (Baekhyun and Chanyeol took that title) he was usually pretty placid and good natured- not frowning and withdrawn like he was now.

As soon as they had returned from their outing, Minseok had gone to his room to rest and Luhan (who normally would have followed after him because “who can nap alone?”) retreated to a corner of the living room where he busied himself watching something on his phone. And it was several hours later and Luhan was still sitting there, frowning, not really paying attention to whatever it was playing on his device.

Luhan looked away from his phone and gave Jongin a sad smile, “Hyung is just tired.”

“Then why don’t you go to bed?” Jongin plopped down in a chair next to Luhan.

“Yeah….”

“Hyung if you have a problem you can tell me, you know that right?”

Luhan nodded. It took him a minute but he finally spoke up, “We went to a fortune teller today and he said I would be alone forever. And Minnie….”

Jongin could swear that Luhan was choking up but he didn’t want to act like he noticed, then the boy might stop talking.

“Minnie is going to be married in a year!”

Ah, Jongin thought, so that was it. It was a well-known secret that Luhan liked Minseok far more than he liked any other person- ever. Jongin could guess that this type of news would rip Luhan apart.

“What if he is right, Jongin?!”

Jongin bit his lip. He wasn’t sure if this was the right course of action, but he wanted to help his hyung.

“Hyung, Kyungsoo might be able to help you.” Now it was too late, Jongin thought.

“Really?! How?” Luhan’s face lit up instantly. He was the right mixture of naiveté and cute to make Jongin think he had begun to ease his hyung’s troubled mind.

“Uh, well that I am not sure on. How that is. But Taemin had a problem awhile back kind of like yours and Kyungsoo said he would help and apparently everything was fixed after that. You should go talk to him.”

Luhan nodded, jumping up to go find the tiny, squishy, lead vocal.

***

Kyungsoo was sitting on his bed, engrossed in watching The Prince of Tennis on his tablet (he could never get enough of this show) when Luhan burst into his room. Kyungsoo had gotten used to having a room all to himself ever since Chanyeol had begun filming the reality show Roommate, so an intrusion was no longer the norm. Kyungsoo was about to curse when he saw who it was plopping down on his bed.

“Kyungsoo, hyung needs your help!”

Kyungsoo took out his headphones and sat up. This had better be good. “With what Hyung?” He desperately hoped he was not going to be asked to cook.

Luhan blurted out the entire story, the fortune teller, the horrible news, the pain oh the pain of thinking he would be alone. Oh, and the part where Jongin said he had helped with a similar problem Taemin was having.

Kyungsoo took a deep breath before answering.

“Hyung, I can help you, but you have to keep it a secret.”

“Of course! What do I need to do?”

“Bring me something that belongs to Minseok Hyung.” Kyungsoo answered.

“Like this?” Without warning Luhan had stripped off his t-shirt, handing it to his dongsaeng.

“Wait! Why are you undressing?!”

“This is Minnie’s, I borrowed it. So what exactly are you going to do?”

“Just make sure you aren’t alone, that’s all. Make sure you can set your own destiny.”

“Okay, that sounds good. How do I know though? I mean, how do I know my destiny has been changed?” Luhan’s worried expression returned.

“There will be a sign, one you cannot ignore.” Kyungsoo answered cryptically.

“Oh, well I guess then I will look for a sign. Thanks Kyungsoo, Hyung really needs this.”

Kyungsoo smiled at his hyung. Of course he really should not be helping Luhan, after all it was something he was most definitely not ever, never supposed to do. After that incident in his trainee days he had been threatened by the company, in fact it had been written into his contract. It was a rather harmless bit of legal jargon unless one knew what it referred to

SM Entertainment will not be liable for any damage to the trainee that occurs due to acts of war, acts of god, acts of a nature inherent or originating of the trainee, electrical faults or misuse.

One had to study all of Exo’s contracts to find that his was the only one with that clause. But Kyungsoo couldn’t help it, he had friends in other places. Dark places. And sometimes he just needed to ask for their help, and this time his hyung needed him. It was time to get to work.

***

The rain kept falling heavily through the night. Luhan had felt at least marginally better, hoping to see some sort of sign soon. Of course he could just choose to not believe that blasted fortune, but he couldn’t ignore it either. Alone and Minseok married? What kind of cruel joke would that be?

Luhan drifted in and out of sleep, waking up with a start around four in the morning. He heard a noise. A scurrying noise. Did the dorm have a mouse problem?! He wanted to scream his most manly scream but held back. Maybe this was some sort of sign, like Kyungsoo had told him to watch for?

He got out of bed and cautiously opened the door, Jongdae was passed out in the bed across the room. Carefully walking out of his room, he heard the scurrying coming from down the hall, near where Sehun and Suho bunked. Repeating an “I am a manly man” mantra in his head he tiptoed down the hall to see what was making the noise. Then he saw it. It was a flash of pink darting into the room Tao and Lay shared.

Then he heard a scream.

“Holy s**t!” And then more screaming. High pitched screams. Luhan rushed in and found Tao clutching his blanket, eyes wide with fear. Within a minute the rest of the group was crowded in the doorway, all woken up by the shouts and trying to find out what was going on.

“What’s wrong Tao?” Suho rushed forward. His hair was mussed up from sleep and he looked like he was only half awake but his maternal instincts were kicking in.

“Pinku Pinku is alive! I saw it on my bed! Ahhhh!” Tao began to cry as Sehun started to laugh at the thought that his favorite stuffed toy was roaming around the dorms at night.

Suho looked confused, as did the rest of the guys (but he gave Sehun a stern look to stop laughing, which was promptly ignored).

“Pinku Pinku is alive?” Suho said it slowly, like he was trying to confirm that is what Tao had just said.

“He was on my bed looking at meeee” Tao was outright sobbing at that point.

Suho patted his back as Sehun continued to laugh. Baekhyun was awake enough to begin teasing, while Lay looked around the room in confusion. Minseok went back to bed, as did Jongin both shaking their heads at Tao’s claim. Jongdae, Luhan noticed, was not present, he was probably still sleeping. Luhan was not sure what to do so he just stood there. Surely the maknae was seeing things. Or not, at least that was his thought when he heard Kyungsoo whisper to him “It was a sign”

Luhan tensed up. So then was everything going to be okay…because Pinku Pinku was alive?

***

The day after the incident

“Sehun-ah, it is alive. I saw it!” Tao, with darker circles than normal, pointed at the small pink stuffed toy which sat rather harmlessly on Sehun’s bed.

“Really Tao, you have seen ghosts and stuff but Pinku Pinku being alive?! Ha, come on!” Sehun shook his head at his best friend, “You have to be freaking seeing things.”

“No!” Tao was resolute in what he saw. After Suho slept next to him last night to ease his fears, Tao had woken up and crept into Sehun’s room to see the pink plush looking so harmless. But it was all a lie.

“I am going to prove it to you Sehun! That thing can move!”

“Sure” Sehun did his best eye roll “You get that thing on camera and I will believe you.”

Tao nodded. He would. But he needed backup, “Can you stay with me while we watch it?”

“No!” Sehun stalked off, sure Tao had finally lost it.

***

 The cold water on his face felt so good. Luhan had a rather long manly beauty routine, which started with a thorough cold face wash. He rubbed the cold water on his face, smacking his cheeks. It was difficult to wear so much makeup and keep his skin clear and pimple free. I seriously was a chore being good looking.

“Lu, I have been looking for your everywhere!”

Luhan turned to see Minseok bolting into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

“What’s up Minnie?”

“I need to talk to you.” Minseok looked bothered. He must be bothered about something, Luhan thought, to not even scold him for using the nickname that he so hated. His hair was still rumpled from sleep and his clothes were not ironed. He looked very unkempt as compared to how he usually presented himself.

“Is something wrong?” Luhan asked cautiously. He hoped not.

“Yes, um, yes there is something wrong…” Minseok blushed. He blushed, Luhan could not mistake the red creeping on the elder’s cheeks as anything else.

“Are you blushing?” Luhan didn’t mean to ask it, but the words tumbled out.

“Um, yeah. It is just…well, uh-“Minseok swallowed hard, “We have known each other for what- three years now?”

“Four years” Luhan corrected him.

“Yeah, four years. Well, I wanted to tell you earlier but for some reason I just don’t know why, it wasn’t like this before, how much I needed to say it but- will you marry me?”

There was no reply. Only a thump. Luhan had fainted.

***

Baekhyun tried to speak, but nothing. Which was especially torturous for someone who always had so much to say.

“Baek, what’s wrong?” Lay asked, noticing that his little friend was struggling to speak, moving his mouth without words. He wondered if perhaps this was some kind of joke. Lay had been lounging on the couch when Baekhyun had wandered out of his room, a distraught expression painting his handsome features.

Baekhyun pointed towards his throat, tears stinging his eyes. Lay realized this was no joke.

“Baekhyuuunnnn what is it?” Lay stood up and walked towards him. He shook the boy, before realizing if he could not speak the question was pointless. He grabbed a pad of paper and pen from the side table and pushed it towards Baek.

He wrote “my voice is gone”, tears not falling down his cheeks. It ripped his hyung’s heart in two.

“Baek, oh Baek” Lay grabbed his dongsaeng into a tight hug.

***

When Luhan regained consciousness he was lying on Minseok’s bed, the owner of the bed looking down at him with concern on his face.

“Lu, are you okay?” Minseok asked, taking his hand in a tight squeeze.

Luhan swallowed. Did that really happen? Did Minnie propose?

“I am sorry if I hurt you by asking, but I couldn’t help it, it is just something came over me and if you don’t want to or something I understand and I mean we aren’t even dating heck I don’t even know if you like guys or anything but-“

Luhan was never one to waste an opportunity. Instead he silenced Minseok with a kiss. And a nod of his head. Was this even real?

***

Suho knew that a family meeting was in order. After the events of the last twenty four hours- Tao freaking out, Baekhyun losing his voice, and whatever reason had resulted in pics of Luhan and Minseok ring shopping popping up online – needed some talking through.

Once everyone was gathered together in the living room, draped lazily over the chairs and couches as was usual, Suho began:

“A lot has happened over the last day and I think we need to regroup and talk everything out. Figure out what we can do to help Baek and-“

“Minseok and I are getting married!” Luhan bolted up, interrupting Suho and holding out his finger to proudly display an engagement ring.

A collective sound of gasps could be heard. Then Sehun started laughing. Baekhyun looked pained that he had something to say but could not, while Tao blurted out “Is that even legal?”

Soon madness descended on the group as Minseok and Luhan argued the legality of their apparent future marriage, while Lay offered to be best man or however that worked and Kyungsoo simply sat and smiled to himself.

A wave of depression hit Suho like a truck of doom from a drama. He was used to no one listening to him, but not like this. He quietly left the room, deciding it was high time he have an existential crisis.

***

Three days after the incident

“What do you mean Baekhyun lost his voice?!”

Suho explained it again, hoping his managers would stand strong beside him in the face of SM’s producers. Baekhyun had been to the doctor the day before and they had come to zero conclusions regarding how he had lost his voice. But it was a fact- Baekhyun could not sing nor speak. Which was a thousand times worse than normal because today was the time they would record their latest single. The physician had given him medication, but his voice had yet to return.

“Can Kyungsoo do it?”

The aforementioned seemed to brighten (well as much as Kyungsoo could look bright and cheery) at the producers suggestion. “Yes Producer-nim, I can cover Baekhyun’s portion.”

Suho just let him go with it, they had no choice after all. Did it even matter anymore?

It was only after the recording was over and everyone was listening to the playback, uniform remarks of “Kyungsoo, your range has really improved” were heard. It was like Kyungsoo had expanded to fill the role Baekhyun could no longer hold onto. Amazing.

***

Four days after the incident

Suho had barely slept through the night- again. He had promised Tao he would watch over him yet again that night  to save him from Pinku Pinku (knowing dang well Lay would be sleeping no matter how much he promised to stay awake) so he had spent the night without the comfort of his own bed. It did not seem to matter Tao stayed awake, a camera trained at the door in an effort to capture Pinku Pinku at work. His joints ached and he was about overdue for his morning health drink.

He stretched and hobbled into the kitchen, looking for his herbal tonic and the blender. Nothing like a good healthy disgusting tasting smoothie to start the day with. Especially a day where he felt as depressed as he did.

“I want to become a ballerino”

Suho squinted. Was he hearing things?

“I want to quit and become a ballerino.”

No, he most definitely was not imagining things. Jongin was standing in the doorway to the kitchen, outfit in a ballet costume. His face looked confident, his eyes sparkled with ambition.

“What are you talking about Jongin, and why are you wearing that?”

“Hyung, I said it already. I want to go back to ballet.”

What was going on? Suho looked down at the bottle of water he had set on the counter to make sure it wasn’t soju by mistake. Nope, water. He was definitely sober.

“Jongin, you must be tired. Take a seat, talk this over with hyung.” Suho seriously hoped this was some sort of cruel joke.

“There is nothing to talk over, really. I made up my mind. I don’t want to do this anymore I want to dance ballet. The nutcracker, Swan Lake.” Jongin executed an on pointe twirl, almost knocking down Kyungsoo, who was standing frozen in the kitchen doorway.

“What do you mean you want to quit?!” Kyungsoo blurted out, anger tinging his words.

“Hyung, I realized it. I don’t want to do this. I want to dance ballet.”

Kyungsoo paled. Suho gulped down his unfiltered herbal tonic, taking it in one shot. What in the hell was happening with their group?

“Jongin, you cannot be serious...”Kyungsoo whispered, his face drained of blood.

“Yeah, I am.” Jongin looked unusually confident in the face of Kyungsoo.

“No, you are not. I am sure of it.”

“Just do whatever” Suho muttered, feeling tears stinging his eyes. How did everything turn out like this? He pushed past Jongin and Kyungsoo, and made his to his bed. It was time to do some first class sulking. If only it was that easy.

As Suho made his way into his room he found Sehun with an open suitcase.

“Hyung, I am moving in with Chanyeol hyung.” The maknae said it matter-of-factly.

“What?! But he lives in the Roommate house!”

“Yeah, I know. I figured we could room together or something. I mean, we are friends and all.”

“You can’t just go on a reality show with no contract or company approval because you are running away from home!” Suho practically yelled.

“Uh, yeah I can.” Sehun snapped his suitcase shut.

“Why? Or should I even ask?”

“Pinku Pinku is uncomfortable with Tao watching him all the time. Said it was time to move.”

Suho just stared.

“Yeah, so he is alive, apparently. I mean he talks and stuff but don’t tell Tao because I would hate for him to know he is right and I was wrong. Funny but this little guy really likes to watch Pororo, which is why I figure he would get along really well with Chanyeol. So, um, I will write and stuff.” Suho noticed he had Pinku Pinku tucked under his right arm.

Suho continued staring. He watched Sehun go, not even sure he trusted how to respond. Something was wrong, something was so wrong. Why was he such a bad Mother?

***

Lay liked unicorns. That is why he was simply overjoyed when one showed up in his room. It was a good thing Tao had went after Sehun, who had left home or something. So now it was just Lay and his new unicorn friend.

“What is your name unicorn?” Lay asked, petting the creature’s mane.

The creature neighed in response, bucking its head. As it did so its horn struck the ceiling.

“Oh, um, please don’t dent the ceiling unicorn!” Lay asked politely, “My name is Lay. How did you get in here?”

Lay scanned the room, noticing an open window.

“Oh, you came in through the window. Well, I bet you are hungry. You just stay here and I will find out where to get you some hay.”

The creature snorted and stamped, which Lay took as a sign of acceptance towards his actions.

“I will call you Lay Jr, because he are a unicorn like me” Lay smiled before leaving to ask Suho where he could find some hay.

***

Kyungsoo had realized his spell had gone awry. After all he had become rusty in the dark magic department, ever since he signed his contract and was afraid that he would be kicked out if he dared to summon anything or cast a relatively harmless spell. So when Baekhyun lost his voice he knew that his spell was the cause, but the outcome was not so bad that he panicked. Nope. And when Luhan and Minseok became engaged he figured all was okay, because wasn’t that what Luhan wanted (who knew if Minseok wanted it, because he was so quiet, but they looked so happy together Kyungsoo could reason everything was okay).

Pinku Pinku coming alive was an unexpected twist, but it was actually pretty humorous. I mean, Tao just about lost it at the sight of the thing and so far the living plushie had proved to be harmless. So where did Kyungsoo’s spell go wrong? Jongin, that is where. How could he leave like that? How could he even think to leave…..? He was such a great dancer, and he was so happy to just be near his Kyungsoo hyung. How could he leave?!

Kyungsoo tried watching Prince of Tennis, but even his favorite show could not make him cry in a good way. No, he was crying with real human emotion now.

***

Suho stared at the ceiling. It was time, he thought, time to go on that sojourn to the mountains he had been considering. Time to become one with nature and figure out what he supposed to do with his life. What his inner Jun myoon wanted with this pointless existence. Time to figure out….wait, was that a horse he heard?

Suho jumped out of bed. Did Lay bring a horse home? How could he even get it in the dorm elevators? No, surely he was hearing something on television. Suho crept from his room, he heard it again. It was most certainly coming from Lay and Tao’s room. He threw open the door and before him stood a..Wait…was that a….F***ING UNICORN?!

“Hyung, I got the hay. Thanks for telling me where to get it” Lay brushed past Suho carrying a bundle of grain, “This is my new friend, Lay Jr. He is a unicorn.”

No , Suho thought rubbing his eyes, no .

***

Chaos. Pure chaos. Chanyeol had not been back to the dorms in a week, ever since he started rooming at the Roommates house as part of his stint on the new reality television show. Of course he saw his group mates during their schedule and he talked to them a lot on the phone. But it was still nice to be home, exo’s home. But he did not find the goofy and noisy set of friends he expected to find when he opened the door. Nope. Instead he was met with a shout of

“You can’t make my unicorn disappear!”

Chanyeol seriously considered backing out quietly, so no one ever knew he was there. Because honestly he did not really want to know what this unicorn business was about. Too bad he had no choice, when he witnessed Kyungsoo being repelled down the hallway by some unseen force. Ummm, okay.

“This has gone too far!”

It was Jongdae, yelling. Why was Jongdae yelling?

Kyungsoo dropped in the middle of the living room, his eyes full of tears. He was muttering something that sounded a lot like “I didn’t do it, really, don’t’ say I did it.”

Chanyeol rushed past him into Lay and Tao’s room, trying to find out what was going on. He found Lay, grasping at thin air. Jongdae was standing in the middle of the room, shaking his head, while Suho was grabbing onto his leg like a little kid who didn’t want their parent to leave.

“Kyungsoo-ah don’t ever do that again!” Jongdae shouted before recognizing Chanyeol’s entrance, “Hey Chanyeol. How are you?”

Chanyeol was not sure how to respond so he answered simply, “It is good to be home, I guess.”

***

It was a heady, delirious four days. While Minseok and Luhan had bought rings, kissed a few times, and made promises to each other, everything seemed intoxicating and unreal. And it probably was. At least according to Jongdae, who had called a family meeting early in the day? In no uncertain terms he had stated:

“You cannot allow Kyungsoo access to candles, chicken’s blood, incense, or anything that resembles evil dark magic material. If an evil wizard on a movie had it, he can’t. Oh, and Jongin you do not want to be a ballerino, Luhan and Minseok you are not engaged, Tao-Pinku Pinku is not alive, Sehun you are staying home, Suho you will not retreat to the mountains to commune with nature, Baekhyun you can speak now, Lay you are not getting a unicorn and Chanyeol you better not repeat this on national television. That is the end of it.”

Oddly it had all worked. Jongin couldn’t seem to recall why he wanted to be a ballerino, Minseok had giggled at the thought of marrying Luhan (remarking if that was even legal while Luhan actually felt some relief that Minnie was back to his old, non-intense self), Kyungsoo had stayed quiet but gave everyone that menacing glance before going back to his room to watch anime, Sehun who had followed Chanyeol home promised to stay at the dorms, Tao gave Pinku Pinku a hug and admitted the thing was not alive, Lay whispered sadly that he didn’t really want a unicorn, while Suho exclaimed he felt better than he had all week. Somehow everything was back to normal.

But something was still eating at Luhan and that was what had likely started this entire crazy journey- the fortune teller. Later that night Luhan took a taxi to the fortune teller’s shop, telling everyone he was going out for a breath of fresh air.

When he got to the store the light was on and the door opened easily. Like clockwork the curtain was pulled open, revealing the old man. He seemed to recognize Luhan, his eyes widening.

“Sir, I came about the fortune you read me the other-“

“Oh my god! Is that Luhan! Grandpa you were not kidding!”  It was a shriek that could only come from a teenage girl. The source of the scream was quickly confirmed as the girl, who looked about 13 or 14, came bounding out of the back room to gawk at Luhan.

“You are my favorite. Oh my god! Can you sign this for me? You are so handsome!”

Luhan was taken aback. The last thing he thought he would see at the creepy fortune tellers was an over eager fan girl. After signing a few autographs for her, posing for pictures, signing some polaroids, singing a poster, and another picture she was shooed away by her grandfather (okay, practically banished). Once the old man and Luhan were left alone the elderly gentleman spoke,

“Sorry about your fortune young man. My granddaughter is such a big fan I just couldn’t say you would end up with anyone. And she keeps going on with how much you are around that other fellow and how jealous she is  that I just…”

Luhan should have been angry, really. But something about how the old man looked out for his granddaughter’s fan-girl tendencies was touching. Plus it was nice to know the fortune was a farce (because he still had a chance, yep, not like he was considering that or anything).

“So, well thanks for letting me know.” The words came out quieter and gentler than Luhan had originally intended, but somehow they fit the situation.

“Yeah, sorry. I have to make a living the way I know how, and people seem to see me as some old mystic.” The old man bowed his head, “My granddaughter is such a fan of your music. I can’t seem to understand it. I like trot music myself.”

Luhan smiled.

“Listen son, do you want to watch a show with me? My favorite drama Trot Lovers is on in a few minutes. I can make you something tasty to eat for all of the trouble I caused. And don’t worry about my granddaughter, she is on her way home now. Really, I feel sorry. Seems you may have had some troubles because of my fortune.”

Luhan smiled, finding the man no longer creepy and mystical, seeing a kind old grandfather in the fortune teller’s place “Sure. Let’s watch a drama.”

And then all was well with the world.