A Simple Lunch?

Daily Notes

The table was quiet.

Daesung peeked out from the top of his menu to look at the four other men sitting around him. Yep, stone quiet. Was everyone so hungry and intent to order food that conversation wasn't a prime importance at that moment? He shook his head in disgust at his heartless bandmembers. They haven't seen each other in God knows how long, and this is how they treat each other once together again? What kind of twisted bromance is this? He let out a quiet huff, putting his menu down to try and get a conversation started. But apparently someone already beat him to the chase.

"Is there something on my face that is turning world-renowned dumb Kang Daesung gay?"

At that, everyone else immediately closed their menus and laid them down onto the table to stare at the man in question.

"Yah, yah! I think ahjussi needs to get to know his friends better because I don't remember being Kwon Jiyong." Daesung retorted without a moment's hesitation.

Seunghyun raised an eyebrow, giving his dongsaeng a round of applause.

"Wait. Why are you applauding me?" Daesung asked, scratching his head in confusion.

Seunghyun chuckled. "And that's the dumb we all know."

"Aish; you , hyung!" Daesung cried out, crossing his arms childishly as he stuck his tongue out in annoyance.

Look at the other three knowingly, Seunghyun gave Daesung a flirty wink. "Certainly not for free." A corner of his mouth turned up into a playful smirk, eyes daring the younger to talk back again.

Seungri frowned. "Hyung, I'm not going to judge you or anything, but will you actually if someone paid you?"

"I would pay." Jiyong joked, sending his hyung an overdone sultry look.

Youngbae leaned towards Seunghyun, beckoning him to come closer. "Don't think he's not serious. He can lure you with anything your heart desires with his stack of credit cards."

"Just smack maknae for me, will ya?" Seunghyun asked. "And I don't doubt it; not one bit."

"Only when we're drunk!" Jiyong hissed. He then cupped his hands over his mouth in shock for having revealed that out loud.

"DRUNK?!" the other three screeched.

"Another story for another time, children." Seunghyun replied, giving everyone else on the table a death glare. They silently nodded in return. "Anyways! How are you all~?" he cooed.

More silence.

Seunghyun frowned. "There goes any more chances of me being nice..."

"When have you ever been nice?!" Daesung choked out, obviously trying to hold in his chuckling.

"Hm, who's the paying for this lunch again?" Seunghyun retorted, raising one eyebrow up.

Youngbae then looked at him with awe in his eyes. "Hyung, you're paying?"

Seunghyun sighed, giving the other a sidelong glance. "Yes, you cheap . Hyung can be nice."

"Waah, my cool hyung! Looking out for us and giving us food to eat!" Seungri cried out, a big grin threatening to split his face. "I'm so glad we're all together after so long!"

"I would say that's his cheap side talking, but it is really nice to come outside and do things with you guys." Jiyong replied, flipping his menu over. "And I am also glad I can eat like a king today. Hyunnie's paying!"

Seunghyun groaned in exasperation. "How rich do you guys think I am?! And also, get whatever you want, Jiyong."

"Do we get whatever we want too?" Seungri piped up, eyes shining brightly at his hyung.

"To an extent." Seunghyun grumbled. "Get a dish, a drink, and dessert if you want. Jiyong, however, can go wild."

Daesung pouted at that, joining Seungri in his wail about favoritism. "Why not? Is it because he your ? Is that all it takes?!"

Jiyong raised his head to meet Daesung and Seungri's gazes, giving them both the stink-eye. "Ungrateful children."

Shushing Jiyong down with a glare, Youngbae turned to the confused duo. "Come on, guys. Ji's been working super hard on this album. I was the one that told Seunghyun that we needed to make him eat. It was actually kind of hyung to include all of us!"

"We were all at the shoot. If I didnt invite everyone, you guys would just assume it was a date. Which it won't ever be." Seunghyun groaned, rubbing his temples. "Actually, I should have just stayed being a cold-hearted hyung and went by myself!"

"Good to know that we matter so much in your heart, hyung." Jiyong dryly noted.

"Hey, Almond. Y'know how cold freezing temparature is?" Seunghyun asked, turning to Jiyong with an innocent demeanor.

Jiyong chuckled. "Zero degrees. Why, my little turtle?"

"That's as cold as my heart." Seunghyun deadpanned. "There is no room for anything else besides art, furniture, ice cream, and Bearbricks."

"Um, hyung.." Youngbae said, his brows furrowing, "There is enough room for you to replace with us."

Seunghyun pretended to contemplate before responding. "Can I? Yes. Will I? No."

"Aish, this hyung!" Daesung groaned, making pulling motions with his hair.

"Some people have fond memories of their kind hyungs, but all we get is the cold-hearted vampire!" Seungri complained, giving Seunghyun a sad look. "I was once proud to share the same name as you!"

Amidst all the whining, Seunghyun gave out a loud and agitated sigh. "Do you idiots not know what a joke is? Of course I have room in my heart for you asshats!"

Silence. Absolute, mind-numbing silence.

Seunghyun locked eyes with all four of his band members, opening and closing his mouth as if he didn't know what to say. It was a while before someone spoke up.

"Pay up, losers." Jiyong crooned, sticking his hands out.

To Seunghyun's surprise and dismay, Youngbae, Seungri, and Daesung each handed Jiyong 50,000 won. "What the is this?!"

Jiyong was about to explain, but Seungri smiled at him instead. "Leader hyung, shush. Let me tell the story."

Little Seunghyun then faced Seunghyun before he began. "Jiyong hyung said that you were a cool but secretly caring guy, but none of us believed him. So, we made a bet about you being a caring and nice person."

Taking slow and deep breaths, Seunghyun glared at everyone around the table, save for Jiyong. "My only question is that why didn't the bet end when I said that I was treating you all to lunch?"

"I thought I had an unfair advantage over that one." Jiyong smiled.

"It was fair. You have not eaten for a while." Youngbae assured his best friend.

Daesung nodded. "You look like a bag of bones, hyung!"

Jiyong grimaced, his eyes widening all of a sudden. "Was it obvious at the shoot?"

Everyone shook their heads at that.

"Speaking of..." Seungri began, "How cool was that shoot?! I like the idea of me having superpowers!"

"I think I got water because of how gentle and calm I am." Daesung happily chimed in.

Youngbae snorted at that. "Man, they should see you drunk. Ehem. 'WHAT THE ?!' "

That garnered a whole round of laughter from everyone at the table as they started to speak over each other.

"My only question is that how the did Seunghyun hyung get light? He's the meanest out of all of us!"

"Do you want to starve to death?!"

"I sort of get why they gave Jiyong hyung the dark power. Considering he's the dirtiest out of all of us."

"Kiss my squeaky clean you piece of ! How'd you get earth anyway, is it because you're a stick in the mud?"

"Damn man, that was bad."

"As in, Daesung could come up with better ones than that."

"Yeah, I can- HEY WAIT A SECOND. I'm not that stupid!"

"Anyways, why do you guys think I got fire?"

"Because you never have a shirt one and your body is hot?"

"Okay, that was a bit gayer than expected."

"Oh, I know! Is it because you have so much energy like a fire?"

"I like that one! Thanks, maknae."

It took another half hour until the waiter could take their orders.


Hello, hello! 'Tis lightstoguide, and I am back from my unexpected hiatus! I am deeply sorry for that; it was unplanned. School and the workload that came with it just took me by surprise and I honestly had no time for myself, let alone write. I am so sorry for abandoning you guys and I promise this will be a weekly thing from now on!

I planned this lunch after the photoshoot for Tower of Saviors last year. I know, so long ago ;-; But as I resurrected this, the idea still sounded good, so I went with it. That explains the power talk. See you next chapter, next week!

-lightstoguide