Not So Beautiful Hangover (Pt. 1)

Daily Notes

Oh, .

That up there was the single thought circling Jiyong’s head when he woke up, facedown on a diner table with a hangover that one shouldn’t have to live through. He brought up his head to peer at his surroundings through mostly-lidded eyes. The place was dark, as far as he can see. There was some light, but it was coming from the windows. The sun was rising. The sun was rising. The sun was risi- OH, .

With a start, he jostled his tired and aching body to a stiff sitting position. “Oh oh oh what have I done oh oH OH !” he cried out, holding his hands on his head. Truth is, he didn’t remember ANYTHING from the past night, and it frightened him. 

Not far from his position, he heard a loud bang followed by some rustling, which ended with a groan and some profanities thrown at the air.

“Who’s that?” Jiyong hissed towards the sound.

It stopped. “Who are YOU?”

“Oh god.” With a rush, Jiyong bolted from his seat and towards the voice. Sure enough, he found the poor maknae rubbing his head. He got to his knees and cleaned up around the vicinity, brushing away the cans of enegry drinks covering Seungri’s body. “Are you-” he started, only pausing as his jaw dropped.

Seungri looked up at him irritably. “What is it- OH MY GOD WHO ARE YOU?!?” he finally shrieked out, trying his best to scoot as far away from his leader as fast as possible. 

Jiyong opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. 

“Answer me! Who the hell are you?!?” Seungri shouted, coming to a stop as his back hit a wall.

Jolted to reality by Seungri’s harsh tone of voice, Jiyong angrily yelled back. “Who taught you to talk to your hyungs like this?!”

The maknae cowered in fear, the realization hitting him square on the head; literally, as Jiyong hit him with an open hand. “Hyung, I’m scared! I don’t remember anything!”

He ignored Seungri, instead looking him in the eyes. “Seungri, answer this carefully.”

The man in question meekly nodded his head.

“WHY THE DO YOU HAVE PIERCINGS!?”

Instinctively, Seungri’s hands flew to his face. To his displeasure, he found piercings on his eyebrow, nose, and the side of his lip. “Oh my god, I didn’t even notice them…”

“How do you not notice that?” Jiyong scoffed.

“The same way you don’t know that your face is coated in makeup fit for a drag queen!” Seungri retaliated, trying his very best to not laugh.

With quick reflexes, Jiyong grabbed a metal napkin holder and gawked at his reflection. “OH MY GOD. You ty maknae; why didn’t you mention that I had a dress on as well?!”

“Thought you knew...” Seungri breathed out, before rolling over on his stomach to get up. His actions got him face to face with another mount of beer cans, looking as if it covered a human-sized spot. “H-Hyung… The stack is moving…” he squeaked, quickly backing out from his spot from under the table.

Jiyong, however, got on his hands and knees to help the poor person get out from all the clutter. His first finds were short legs clothed by a designer label he only knew too well, seeing it in Fashion Week with- Oh. Continuing his clean-up process, the hunch he had was right. But… was it?

“Hyung?” Seungri peeked from his left shoulder with wide eyes, “Isn’t that… Could it be...?”

“I don’t know.” Jiyong breathed out, eyes glued to the top of his bandmate’s head, where hair was scarily lacking.

The maknae pushed him aside, dragging Youngbae out slowly from under the table. “Who ELSE dresses in expensive designer labels and somehow comes out looking like a gangster?”

“But… his hair…” Jiyong choked out, covering his quivering mouth.

“I know you’re trying not to laugh. But really, I don’t even know what to expect anymore…” Seungri sighed, running his hand over the mass expanse of Youngbae's bald head. “Hyung, wake up…”

Jiyong suddenly smiled, walking over to behind the employee station and filling a glass with cold water. “I have an idea.”

Looking up to see the glass, Seungri shook his head, hesitation obviously showing in his eyes. “I don’t want to… I’m not that type of person.”

“Don’t make me laugh, Seungri, or I’ll pour this on you. Plus, we all know you’re the type of person to do it. Go on.” Jiyong cooed, putting the glass in his hands.

Getting up to stand next to his leader, Seungri smiled. “I guess I am that kind of person.” Without hesitation, he tipped the cup over. Just as cold and refreshing water hit Youngbae in the face, a high-pitched scream echoed through the diner.

A pissed and soaked Youngbae huffed as he got up, sending death glares at the two holding each other, trying to stay upright while almost literally laughing their asses off. With a scoff, he said, “Nice getups. You look like stars of a new drama involving a drag queen and a metal rocker.”

“At… At least we- we have hair!” Seungri bursted out, holding onto the table for a more structured support. His previous support was now on the foor, tears springing from the sides of his eyes.

Finally wiping his tears away, Jiyong began to stand up, pushing himself off from the ground. “Don’t bother freaking out about it. We still have Seunghyun and Daesung to find.” he said to Youngbae, running his fingers through his bald head.

“How- Why- Okay.” he mumbled, hand still on his head as he began to make his way around the restaurant. Jiyong and Seungri followed suit, splitting up to find the two other missing band members. 

Jiyong’s search wasn’t in the general area of the diner. Instead, he went through the employee station again, in hopes of finding Seunghyun or Daesung sleeping in a corner. He looked under counters, boxes, tables; anywhere, really. Hell, even the small medicine cabinet in the employee restroom! Coming out from the kitchen, he tried calling out to the other two. “Seungri, Youngbae! Any luck?”

Seungri came into view, crawling out from a table. “Nope. No sign of them anywhere. I’ve searched under every single table here, and there’s been no sign.”

From somewhere in the opposite direction, Youngbae called out. “Not here either. Like Seungri said, we’ve exhausted every place a person can hide in.”

Jiyong sighed, sitting on one of the stools for the bar. He had a scary idea, but didn’t bother to try it. Like Seunghyun or Daesung were stupid enough to be there…

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Seungri asked, taking a seat next to him. “Did you search everywhere too?”

He bit his lip. “... No. There’s one more place I haven’t checked in the kitchen, but I’m sure they’re not in there-”

Seungri wasted no time, taking Jiyong’s wrist and dragging him back to the kitchen. “We HAVE to be extra sure and check, hyung! We can’t lose them!” 

“Okay, okay, okay!” Jiyong cried out, pulling his wrist from Seungri’s death grip. “I understand! Now let’s go check out the fridge. I hope my hunch is wrong...” he muttered, leading the way to the industrial-sized refrigerator. 

With a few tugs, Seungri finally got the door open. As he swung it to the side, a frozen body collapsed onto them both.

“Holy !” Jiyong screamed, getting out from under the body and covering his mouth in shock. “How the - How long has hyung been in there?!”

“I don't ing know! Oh , oh , oh !” Seungri hyperventilated, tears springing from his eyes. “Is he dead? Is he dead? Oh god, please tell me he's not dead.”

“Calm the down, Seungri!” Jiyong hissed, putting his ear onto Seunghyun’s frozen chest. “His heart’s still beating! Check inside if Daesung’s in there, and meet me outside.” The maknae nodded, rushing back inside the fridge while Jiyong dragged his poor frozen hyung out into the open. With a plea for help, Youngbae helped him place Seunghyun on a table.

As Jiyong took his jacket off to cover and warm Seunghyun, Seungri came back with a bucket of warm water. “Daesung’s not in there. I checked the temperature of the fridge, and it was at 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Nothing else was inside there. I don’t know how to convert that to Celsius, though.”

“Isn’t that around 10 degrees Celsius?” Youngbae asked. The other two gave him a look of shock as he shrugged. “What? I learned it and it stuck. I needed it a lot, since we travelled like no one’s business.”

“That’s pretty cool…” Jiyong wondered out loud.

Seungri smiled. “Well! At least we know that it wasn't that cold inside! Here, there’s a clean rag in there. Use it to warm him up.” he said, handing the bucket to his hyungs.

The three got to work, carefully avoiding to open anything out of respect for their frozen bandmate’s modesty. Once they used up all the water, signs were beginning to show that Seunghyun was successfully defrosting. Jiyong leaned back, letting out a relieved sigh.

“I feel like he’s in a coma of sorts.” Youngbae muttered, pointing to the swelling bump on Seunghyun’s forehead. “But we still found him.”

“That’s good~” Seungri nodded, taking the bucket and setting it on another table.

“No it’s not.” Jiyong replied.

“What do you mean?” the two looked at him weirdly. “We found hyung…”

Jiyong chuckled. “Didn’t you guys say that we searched everywhere in this restaurant?”

“Yes…?” came the hesitant reply.

“If that’s so, then where’s Daesung?”


SURPRISE~! This is my apology gift to you guys: a story arc! I've wanted to do this for a while now, and I'm happy that I finally finished planning everything out for me to start it. Here's the summary for the arc!

It's the day after Halloween. Jiyong wakes up with a throbbing headache, a bald best friend, a studded maknae, a frozen hyung, a missing bandmate, and no recollection of what's happened the night before. 

It's based off the Hangover series, as you can tell. This is also an AU of sorts, since this would probably not happen. Probably. Let me know what you think, and as always, I'm taking requests for future chapters!

-lightstoguide