Chapter 2

What Would You Do?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo lay on his bed with black headphones on; the soft beats of the music could be heard even from outside his room, as he turned his music up loud to block out the rest of the world. He was looking at photographs he'd taken with his new dslr camera, when his brother came bursting through the door.

"Hyung, let me borrow your calculator for my homework!" Moonsoo shouted, disrupting his peace.

Myungsoo groaned, and rolled over on his bed. "It's in my school bag, just take it and don't touch anything else", he grumbled, throwing his bag at Moonsoo's face, who managed to catch it before it flattened his nose.

Rummaging through the piles of rubbish quickly, Moonsoo found it within seconds, but something else caught his attention. "What's this?"

With his head still in his pillow, Myungsoo spoke up, "What's what?"

"Looks like a love letter! To Myungsoo, heart?" He read out, and Myungsoo immediately jumped up from his bed and lunged at his younger brother, tackling him straight to the ground.

"Yah! Don't read that! Give it back!" He shouted, forcefully pulling the letter back from his brother's hands.

Moonsoo sat up in defeat, "It's only a letter, hyung... jeez, I was only joking around anyway", he stuck his tongue out cheekily and left.

For a while, Myungsoo only stared at the crumpled envelope, but finally decided to open the letter carefully and start reading. His deep brown eyes widened at every word, and he felt his heart turn warm.

 

Eunseol arrived at her house five minutes after she got off the bus, "I'm home!" She shouted cheerfully, and her mother came running up to her.

"Darling! We have a surprise for you!" She hugged her daughter happily, as Eunseol took her shoes off, trying to politely pry her mother off so she could put her stuff away.

"What is it?" She asked curiously, once she'd gotten through the hallway. Her mother only smiled, and lead her to the living room. Eunseol gasped, standing in the middle of the warmly furnished room, and cream coloured walls, was her best friend, Kwon Jaemi.

"J-Jaemi?!" She shouted, tears b her eyes, as she ran forward to embrace the friend she hadn't seen in seven years, "You're finally back! Why didn't you tell me?!"

Jaemi, on the other hand, looked positively shocked. "Uhh... Eu-Eunseol?!" She stuttered, pulling back from the hug. "Y-You..."

After five seconds of gaping, Eunseol suddenly realised why Jaemi was so shocked. "O-Oh... I kind of... changed a bit", she mumbled, rubbing the back of her neck shyly.

"Changed?! Eunseol, you've become so... so... Chunky!" Jaemi blurted out, still staring bewilderedly at her best friend. Eunseol pouted sadly, and that was when Jaemi realised her surprise had unintentionally caused hurt towards Eunseol.

"O-Oh... I'm sorry. I was just surprised..."

Eunseol burst into a grin, "Idiot! That's fine! It'd be even more insulting if you expected me to look like this and weren't shocked at all!"

"Eunseol-ah!" Jaemi cried happily, wrapping her arms round her best friend, now that her astonishment had washed away.

Ten minutes later, the two girls were in Eunseol's bedroom, still hugging and crying. "I missed you so much!" Eunseol cried, hugging Jaemi with an iron grip, "I thought you'd never come back!"

"Me too, Eunseol-ah!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter