Chapter 1

What Would You Do?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the last day before summer break, and Han Eun Seol walked through the school corridor, holding her books close to her chest. She avoided the stares and whispers she received like always, and carried on walking, trying to get to her classroom as quickly as possible.

"Oh my god, why is she so fat?" One girl whispered to her friend, who was giving Eunseol dirty looks. Eunseol quickened her pace, and stared down at her shoes, feeling more and more humiliated.

As she turned a corner, her arm brushed against a guy's shoulder, and she felt him flinch, then mutter, "watch where you're going, fatty", before walking off, brushing his shoulder like it had been contaminated.

It was like this everyday, and Eunseol thought she could eventually get used to it, but she didn't. It just became more and more hurtful. Every school she transferred to, she couldn't find a friend, every person she met, she was bullied or ignored by them.

After what seemed like forever, she reached her classroom. No one said good morning to her, no one greeted her, they only stopped, stared, and then went back to whatever they were doing.

Eunseol sighed inwardly and made her way to her seat at the back next to the window. It was only the morning and she already wanted to go home and sleep. Or eat. That could make everything better too. Just one more day, she thought, one more day.

"Oh, look who it is!" A voice shrieked, and Eunseol heard the sound of high heels growing louder as the person made her way to her seat, "Han Eun Seol!"

Eunseol looked up irritatedly, and her eyes met with a face of black eyeliner and red lipstick. "Some guy gave me a cake this morning, but I'm on a strict diet this week. Why don't you have it?" She batted her long lashes, and set a paper box on Eunseol's desk.

Gulping, Eunseol stared down at the strawberry cake whipped with fresh white cream and red, juicy berries. It was tempting, but no way was she going to accept food from Bae Suzy. *Don't accept it, don't accept it, Eunseol* she told herself.

After a long silence, Suzy spoke up again, "Hello? Oh, wait, are you wondering what a diet is? Cause you probably don't know", she mocked, eyeing Eunseol from head to toe.

"I don't want it", she answered, trying not to sound nervous, as some people had turned to watch.

Suzy glared at her, "Just eat it, fatty. We all know you want it", she snickered, and laughter could be heard from the background.

"Eat it! Eat it! Eat it!" People started chanting, and Eunseol felt tears well up in her eyes, not because the class was ganging up on her, that happened all the time, but because the cake was just so tempting. It was like the strawberries were telling Eunseol to eat them too.

From the seat next to hers, a brown haired boy stared at her watery eyes, and frowned. He was the only one not chanting with the rest of the class, and just as he was about to stand up to stop his classmates, the door slid open and their teacher walked in.

"What's going on?" She questioned sternly, as she made her way to the front of the class where her desk was.

"Nothing, Lee ssaem", one student answered.

Everyone else shut up, and Suzy hurried back to her seat, leaving the cake on Eunseol's desk. Giving it one last longing stare, Eunseol grabbed the box and shoved it in the bin behind her, which made everyone look at each other in amusement.

Just then, the door slid open again, this time, more violently, and three boys sauntered in casually. "Lee Howon, Jang Dongwoo, Kim Myungsoo, you're late- again", teacher Lee glared at them.

Eunseol's heart skipped a beat when she saw the last guy walk towards his seat, which happened to be diagonally accross from hers'. "Ssaem, I told you, my name's Hoya!" she almost couldn't hear Hoya protest in the background, as she tried not to stare at Myungsoo too obviously, which was easy, cause most of the girls were staring too.

Noticing a fresh cut on his face, Eunseol immediately grew worried, *did he get into a fight again?* she thought anxiously, as she studied his sharp jawline, and cold, yet sparkling eyes. His dark hair was messy but y, and Eunseol inwardly squealed. Even if the whole school day was horrible, at least she got to see him.

 

A few lessons passed, and luckily, Suzy hadn't gone to bother her again yet. It was lunch, and most of the students had gone out to get some sun, or just disappeared to the cafeteria for food. Eunseol sat alone in her classroom, stuffing her face with rice and side dishes that her mother had packed for her.

"School ", she muttered through her mouthful of food, before taking a big gulp, "thank god for food..." *and Myungsoo*, she added in her mind, and a smile spread across her lips.

When she finally finished her meal, she stared up at the clock, still fifteen minutes before lunchtime ended. What was she supposed to do? It was the last day of her first term of highschool. *I'm already seventeen, and nothing romantic has ever happened to me* she sulked, and her mind wandered to Myungsoo again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter