Chapter 5

What Would You Do?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N- Hey! I just needed to tell you guys that I changed her details in chapter one- Eunseol is actually seventeen (not Korean age) and in the middle of her first year of high school. When she returns to school, it is her second term of school. I checked the Korean school system and tried to match it with this story so yeah :) Also, she has been in love with Myungsoo for almost a year. If you spot any mistakes or details that don't match up, please tell me! Thanks!

Eunseol stared at the tall mirror in front of her and swallowed. Just two months ago, her whole reflection could not have been contained within the frame, but now... She gasped at the deep brown eyes gazing back at her, the soft pink lips, and the thin but healthy face. Her slender fingers reached up to touch her soft, fair skin which was now acne free. Slowly, they brushed against her black wavy hair and traced her collar bones. Her gaze fell to her flat stomach and slender legs; a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Eunseol-ah..." Jaemi began, staring at her with pride and joy gleaming in her eyes.

After a pause, Eunseol opened to speak, but no words came out. Her eyes never left her reflection, and after another long silence, she finally croaked out, "This... is me?" Her hand reached up to cover as more tears ran down her face. "Oh my god... oh my god", she repeated in disbelief.

Jaemi gave her a heartwarming hug, "Don't cry..." She patted her back softly and Eunseol suddenly pulled back.

"You're right", she frantically wiped her tears away, "I don't need to cry", she grinned, and Jaemi watched her eyes turn into cresent moons. "Finally! Finally, I'll get my revenge! No more bullying, no more sadness... I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING CHD OR DIABETES!" She whooped, throwing her arms into the air.

Her best friend beamed, "and of course..." Wiggling her eyebrows up and down, she nudged her friend gently in the side.

Eunseol turned pink, "Whatever..."

"Anyway! Now that your diet has officially ended, we are going out to a nice restaurant and buying nice clothes! YES! I have waited so long for this! And we're going to do your make up, and your hair! Oh, we need to buy you make up!" Jaemi rambled, when Eunseol suddenly pulled her into another hug.

"Thank you, Jaemi-ah... I couldn't have done it without you, seriously..." Jaemi smiled in return, even though Eunseol wouldn't be able to see it anyway. "You only just came back to Korea and you helped me with all this! You barely spent any time at your own house, and I just... Wow, I can't tell you just how grateful I a-"

"Eunseol-ah!" Jaemi broke the hug but placed her hands on her shoulders, "You don't need to be all emotional! We're besties! We help eachother out, right?" Eunseol nodded, grinning, and Jaemi mirrored her actions.

They left Eunseol's room after getting ready, and was about to leave when Mrs Han enveloped her daughter into an embrace. "Mum...", she mumbled in embarrassment; her father was smiling behind them and Jaemi was laughing quietly.

"I'm just so glad I can finally fully wrap my arms around your back now!" She exclaimed, her eyes getting teary.

Eunseol pulled back awkwardly, "Erm, yeah... thanks mum".

 

As the two walked through the shopping mall, Eunseol shyly trailed behind Jaemi, who kept awkwardly pulling her forward so it didn't look weird. "What are you doing?" Jaemi asked, giving her a confused look.

"People are looking at me", Eunseol hissed, avoiding eye contact with strangers. She was used to being stared at, not being leered at.

Jaemi rolled her eyes and sighed, "because you're pretty, Eunseol-ah!"

She pouted and reluctantly stopped hiding behind her best friend. Since she only had over-sized clothes now, borrowing Jaemi's clothes had become a convenient habit. Another reason why they had to go out shopping for her today.

Eunseol tugged her cut off jean shorts down as she was pulled into a store. Glancing around, she realised it was a store she'd never been into before. The walls were pink, the decorations were pink, even the mannequins were pink! At least not all the clothes were pink.

Immediately, Jaemi began to browse through clothing rails and display tables and pulled out anything that matched her taste- basically everything. Meanwhile, Eunseol stood awkwardly amongst the crowd of teenage girls, heels, lace and denim. She rubbed her arms frantically; clearly, wearing a lime green tank top in a room blasted with cold air conditioning was not enough.

"You have to try these on!" Jaemi squealed excitedly, and before she knew it, Eunseol was shoved into a dressing room with a stack of clothes in her arms. Dumping the pile onto the bench on the side, she carefully looked through them. Although she felt doubtful, being able to go shopping with friends and trying on pretty clothes was a long time dream of hers'.

Smiling, she picked up a short baby pink dress with lace sections on the side. Throwing her white bow flats off, she quickly pulled the dress on and paired them with cream coloured brogue heels. "Are you done yet?" Jaemi's enthusiastic voice could be heard from behind the curtains, so she peeked out from inside and Jaemi gasped, before roughly pulling the curtains aside.

"Oh my god, girl! You look so pretty in that!" Jaemi grinned dreamily, and made Eunseol give her a shy twirl around.

"I think I look weird though..." Eunseol whispered unsurely, glancing at the mirror.

Jaemi rolled her eyes, "Oh, shut up... You know you look good".

 

Tired and hungry from three long hours of shopping, the two girls dragged their bags to a Korean barbecue buffet. Their eyes lit up at the sight of tall steaming bowls of rice, and they unconciously their lips when the sound of beef sizzling on a pan could be heard.

They were quickly seated by a blushing waiter, who gave them their plates, cutlery and drinks. Both the girls decided on water to try and cut back on the sugar. They also ordered dukbokki and kimbap. As soon as he left, they both hurrie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter