Third beat!

Exo Beats

 

 

 

“Passengers, please stay calm for a minute for the train will stop. I repeat, please stay calm for the train will come to a complete stop.”

 

 

The train came to a full stop. Some passengers stumbled. Luhan, being one of them, helped the people to get up, especially the children and the elderly. They looked outside the windows and it was black. Luhan heard from the staff that they were trapped under a landslide.

 

 

“Hello, I’m Luhan. I’m taking Medicine in college, and I would like to help with people who are having difficulties right now.” Luhan went to the staff people and volunteered himself. 

 

“Oh, thank you, boy. We really need a hand right now,” they thankfully replied. Luhan smiled at them in response.

 

Luhan suddenly shouted in command, “Everyone, please pay attention. Anyone with food supplies or anything, please place them here and let’s divide it equally among us. We don't have a choice, so please follow suit if you want to survive longer."

 

 

The people immediately followed, and the operations were done properly.

 

 

Luhan went to the elderly, who were having a hard time walking and sitting down. Then he went to the people who fainted, helping them grasp some air. He helped a lot of people, thankfully. But suddenly, he heard voices and out.

**

 

“Luhan hyung! Luhan hyung!” Luhan heard shouts beside him, which caused him to wake up. He suddenly sat up and he realized that he was lying on a bed. He looked around and saw all the members surrounding him, with eyes full of wory.

 

“Good thing you’re already awake! We were so worried about you!” Baekhyun, the loud one, announced. Luhan's ears buzzed off for a while because Baekhyun is seated beside him, much to his luck.

 

His head hurts, and when he sat up he realized that he was attacked by Cheonsa earlier so he immediately checked his body.

 

 

But he found nothing.

 

 

The left side of his chest seemed normal, and he was breathing steadily. Ironically, he feels he’s alive.

 

 

“Hyung? What are you doing?” Tao asked.

 

“Oh. Uhm..” he hesitated on whether he should tell his friends or not about what happened, but he chose the latter. “Nothing. I’m fine,” he said and smiled for them not to worry and ask any more questions about the earlier incident.

 

“Lay’s band already finished their performance, then we realized that you’re missing and went to look for you. We found you lying on the ground somewhere near the hall. Most likely you just fainted because you have no wounds. But what really happened?” Suho asked with concern in his voice. Luhan can’t help but feel confused when he said that he has no wounds. How did it happen? He was sure that he was stabbed in the chest with a knife. How come there were no traces left behind?

 

“It’s not a big deal, so just don’t think about it, okay? I’m already fine." He stretched a little to show them. "Anyway, what happened to the plan?” he asked, successfully diverting the members’ attention other than his condition, or to himself.

 

“I can say that it was successful, we found some things on Cheonsa’s desk..” Suho told them about the activities, and Luhan knew that it was normal for the student body president to prepare some events for the school year, but why do they make a big deal out of it? It's just some extra-curricular things.

 

"What's wrong with that?" He suddenly spoke while they were all discussing. Luhan was stunned because he just suddenly blurted out his thoughts unintentionally, and all the members' attention were onto him once again (on which he got intimidated).

 

"Everything's wrong with that." Suho had his eyes sharp on Luhan, on which Luhan was surprised. Suho's eyes looked like they wanted to beat the hell out of Luhan, but Luhan just shrugged it off. Suho didn't push on Luhan's question anymore.

 

“Next Friday, we’ll go with this plan once again. I think many things are hidden on that desk, not just activities for the school. Things that we need to know for us to bring him down,” Suho said with determination as he looked them into the eye one by one.

 

 

After the mini meeting and Luhan’s ‘recovery’,everyone went to do his own business. As for Luhan, he wanted some peace to himself, so he got himself a canned coffee then he went to the rooftop.

 

 

Luhan stared at the view of the school. It seemed really normal, like everyone just goes here every day to study and learn new things. Like everyone is here to live.

 

 

“I can see you’re here again, hyung,” someone mentioned. Luhan turned to see who came only to find out it was Lay...again.

 

 

And of course, with his guitar.

 

 

“Hey. What're you doing here again??” Luhan sat down next to Lay as he talked.

 

"Hmm, just wanted some peace for myself. The students are noisy downstairs," Lay said as he smiled. He picked up his guitar and started to strum, but stopped for a bit only to ask Luhan a kind-of-nonsense question.

 

"You don't mind if I sing here now, would you?" Luhan, who was just staring at the setting sun, was a bit surprised by Lay's voice.

 

"Hmm? No, I don't mind at all. It's not like your voice is annoying." Lay smiled, showing off his cute dimple. He's glad that Luhan didn't mind, because he just wanted to sing his song again.

 

 

It was the second time Luhan heard it, and only now did he realize that the lyrics are coming from Lay’s heart. The lyrics tell Lay’s life story and what he really wanted for his life.

 

 

If only he had the chance..

 

 

“Lay, you can’t fool me.” Luhan said abruptly in the middle of the song.

 

“Huh? What do you mean, hyung?” Lay abruptly stopped singing because of Luhan's question.

 

“I know the song’s not finished. Like the last time, you fooled me. You didn’t sing the whole composition. Only up to the first chorus,” Luhan smirked, knowing he’s right. Lay was taken aback by Luhan's sudden statements, and was embarrassed by them,

 

“Can you sing the whole? For me? Please?” Luhan pleaded. Lay didn't know what to do. He suddenly felt like a tricky question was thrown onto him, and he can't answer anything. He felt trapped by a very simple request.

 

Lay turned away with an unexplainable look on his face, but he looked at Luhan again and smiled, not wanting Luhan to worry. “Not now hyung, not now..”

 

“Why?” Luhan sensed that there’s something wrong with Lay’s tone, but he can’t figure out what. His brows creased because of the sudden change of mood.

 

“Well..” Lay looked down, but his face lit up right away. “..you’ll ruin the surprise.” the younger one laughed when he saw his hyung’s reaction. Lay didn't want Luhan to know his intentions, so he kept smiling even if it was against his will.

 

“You dongsaeng! Picking on your hyung like that..” Luhan teased, and they both ended up laughing. Lay felt bothered but showed an indifferent reaction.

 

 

Luhan’s head turned to the side and saw from the above the people on the ground that looked like ants He saw Suho headed to the opposite building. Remembering Lay’s affection towards Suho, he looked around and saw his dongsaeng’s eyes glued to the man he loves.

 

 

Lay's eyes were glued to him and only him. He admires every bit of Suho. Even the way he walks felt special to him as he smiled at the view.

 

 

Luhan smiled as he saw Lay's reactions, even though he didn't know Lay's thoughts, he just knew.

 

 

“Lay, why don’t you tell him?”

 

“Tell who what?” Lay immediately turned away, not knowing that he's caught red-handed already by Luhan.

 

“Tell Suho that you like him.” Shocked by Luhan’s straightforwardness, he almost hit Luhan with his guitar. Well, almost. Luckily.

 

 

Luhan was shocked when Lay smiled sweetly. He assumed that the younger one will keep on denying it, but he did otherwise. Wow.

 

 

“Should I?” Lay asked back. He smiled, imagining the way things will happen. He doesn't know about Suho's feelings, but one thing's for sure: he loves Suho more than anything else in this world. Suho is all that matters to him.

 

“Why? You don’t want to?”

 

“I want to, but..”

 

“But?” Luhan got curious. At least he knew that confessing is normal, but why wouldn't Lay do it?

 

“Well, I just don’t feel like it.” Lay just shrugged at his sudden conclusion. Luhan wanted to laugh at Lay's nonchalance, but decided against it.

 

“Was he the leader ever since?” Luhan changed the topic. He had always wondered about it. He remembered Suho's eyes staring at him with anger. Is there a particular reason behind it? Luhan didn't know.

 

“Yes. It's been a while."

 

“Why?”

 

“I think you should just ask him yourself, it’s better.” Lay went to pick up his guitar.

 

“I’m leaving now, hyung. See you,” Lay bid his hyung goodbye.

 

“You, too. Thanks for your time,” Luhan greeted back.

 

 

And just then Luhan saw Suho coming outside of the opposite building. His curiosity triggered, so he went down to talk to the leader of his group.

 

 

**

 

 

“Suho!” Luhan called. Suho entered the secret room. Before he could close the door, Luhan stopped him.

 

"What is it?" Suho looked grumpy, much to Luhan's surprise. He doesn't know whether it's because he's just so stressed, or it's because it's Luhan whom he's talking to.

 

"Can I...uh...come in?" Suho let him enter the room.

 

"Do you need anything, hyung?" Suho asked. 

 

"Sorry for asking so much questions." Suho was stunned by Luhan's statement. Luhan knew he hit the spot. Probably Suho got a little mad earlier because of that.

 

"Sorry for having short temper, I just don't want so much asking. I'm so stressed lately," Suho said with a smile. At least, he said what was on his mind. Luhan felt relieved after the tension decreased between the both of them.

 

"No, it's okay. But I have one question, though." Suho pretended to look annoyed, and Luhan let out a short laugh.

 

"Be sure it's only one, hyung."

 

"Okay, okay." Luhan said. "I was just wondering...why were you the leader?"

 

"What? You don't want me as the leader?" Suho pretended to be hurt, on which Luhan found silly.

 

"No, no. Just wondering. So why?" Suho let out a soft and weak laugh and looked down. Suho wasn't sure on whether he would tell Luhan about it or not, but seeing his hyung with so much anticipation made him fall for it.

 

“Can I, perhaps, tell you a story?

 

“Oh, okay. I’ll listen. Just go on,” Luhan smiled at Suho, and so he started talking.

 

“It happened one time. There was a small boy, around 7 or 8 years old, I guess. He was the eldest in the family, and he had two younger siblings. It was during day, when their parents went out to buy some groceries. The boy was, of course, the one guiding his siblings while the eldest ones were gone. Then suddenly, they heard the door creak open. The three of them immediately went to the door, assuming that it was their parents. But it was a very wrong assumption.”

 

Suho stopped, but realizing that Luhan was curious and wanted to hear more, he continued. “Two men in black were standing there. I think they both realized that only the kids were home, so they ransacked the house, but they couldn’t find anything. The two younger kids trembled in terror, but the eldest one surrounded them, guided them, told them that it will be alright. But that changed when the two men found them again.”

 

“The two of them immediately tied up the two younger ones trembling in terror. They tied their hands together and put covers in their mouths. The oldest boy tried hurting them, but his small and young body was pushed away by them with their big arms. After that, one of them men asked him to find their important belongings and surrender those to them. Or else..” Suho’s voice cracked.

 

“Or else?” Luhan asked.

 

Or else he’ll shoot the other two.” Luhan gasped. Oh no..

 

“The man told the young one to hurry up. He gave him time to find everything he could, with the condition that every 30 minutes that passed and he came with nothing, one of his siblings must die. And so he went.”

 

“The boy, with his mind rumbling with things randomly popping on his head, searched for everything. At last, he found the family heirloom they had, a beautiful vase. He went to the thieves to show it. But he looked at the clock and he realized that an hour already passed..”

 

When he came to the supposed-to-be-place for their deal, he instead found the dead bodies of his siblings lying on the ground, looking and feeling helpless after all the innocence they had.”

 

“The boy’s hands trembled, which caused the vase to break. The two men got angry, and so..they placed the gun on the boy’s forehead..and..triggered.”

 

“Before dying, the boy promised himself that someday, he’ll be a better guardian. A better leader. A better protector for the people around him, so that no one gets hurt In the end.”

 

“And that boy..is standing in front of you right now,” Suho stated as he looked into Luhan’s eyes and smiled sadly, with tears slowly forming in his eyes.

 

**

 

Forever supporting Luhan :(

 

 

This is the first story I've ever written here in AFF, and I chose Luhan as my character. I got a little liking on him that time so I decided about it since I want to write a Xiumin fanfic with a different storyline. And now that he has issues...I'm hurt. I really am. It took me a long time to get over with the Kris issue, and now this? I'm so stressed the whole week and this is what I got after going online. It hurts like hell. It hurts my heart...

 

 

I'll try to update this story more. I dedicate this fanfic to Luhan. I don't know if I'll change the scenes from the original one since I'm just editing this but...I'll do my best. To those who support this, thank you very much. I appreciate your support. Hope you'll continue supporting me till the end. I'd love that.