Sixteenth beat!

Exo Beats

“Everyone! Since it’s the semestral break next week, I planned something for us,” Suho happily announced to the group. Once again, everyone is gathered inside the secret room.

 

“You look excited. What did you plan, leader?” Xiumin asked.

 

“I planned an overnight camping for us!” All the members yelled in excitement, even Luhan.

 

“We can have campfire!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

“Or even barbecue party!” Chanyeol suddenly blurted out.

 

“We can cook with grills, right?” D.O tried to hide his excitement but failed.

 

“Of course. We can even have healing time,” Kai patted D.O’s head after responding.

 

“I think we’ll have some time to play!” Chen said excitedly.

 

“Ah really, all you do is play and move around. But, I agree to that,” Xiumin said with a smile.

 

“We’ll get to sleep in a tent, right? I can’t wait!” Tao was excited, too.

 

 

But Luhan stayed quiet. Can I possibly tell them that I want Sehun to join us?

 

 

“Guys…” All eyes were on him. “Can I…uh…bring Sehun along?” he asked. Please please please say yes.

 

“Who?” Suho asked. He didn’t seem to hear because Luhan’s voice became smaller as he spoke.

 

“Uhm…I would really appreciate it if I could take Sehun…with us.”

 

 

Everybody went silent. After the last attack they had with Sehun, which was successful but he got his position back anyway, they kind of noticed that Luhan did get a bit closer to the said one.

 

 

“No,” Suho said abruptly. Luhan’s brows creased.

 

“Why can’t I? He’s not as bad as we thought.”

 

 

The other members agreed one after another, and Luhan really appreciated that. But Suho...

 

 

“He’s our enemy, remember? Are you forgetting the rules? Are you forgetting the purpose of forming this group?” Suho emphasized. His blood is starting to boil and Luhan doesn’t understand why.

 

“But maybe if we give him a chance to prove himself then—“

 

“Did you forget what he did to Lay? He—“

 

“Suho that’s enough.” Luhan’s voice boomed and the other members felt the tension. “I thought we’re done with this thing?”

 

That’s when Suho realized it again. What was happening to him? “Yeah,” he sighed. “Yeah. I’m sorry, I don’t know what has gotten into me.”

 

“So you’ll let Sehun join us?”

 

“Yes.”

 

 

Thank you, everyone.

 

 

**

 

 

“Really, Suho hyung, there’s a place like this in this world?”

 

 

Suho lead the group, including Sehun, to a place near the school with a wide space enough for them to camp. There was a garden surrounding the place, which makes it look relaxing and calm.

 

 

“I found this by chance while I was taking a walk the other day. It’s nice, right?”

 

“It’s so beautiful…” Sehun blurted out, which made everyone look at him. Sehun felt uncomfortable at the sudden attention.

 

“It is, right?” Luhan smiled, and Sehun felt so relieved.

 

 

The members arranged their things. They first started to build their tents. There are only three tents. The two tents can be occupied by three persons and the other one with four because all in all there are 10 persons who came to the camp.

 

 

They drew lots for them to know the arrangement.

 

 

The first tent will be occupied by D.O, Kai, and Tao.

The second tent will be occupied by Xiumin, Chen, and Suho.

And the last tent will be the noisiest with Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Luhan, and Sehun occupying it.

 

 

After setting up the tents, they first grilled meat for them to eat something. D.O, Chen, and Chanyeol went to grill them.

 

 

“Yah! Be sure not to burn it, okay?” Baekhyun reminded Chanyeol.

 

“Chen-ah, don’t even try something funny or I’ll stuff charcoal in your mouth,” Xiumin reminded Chen.

 

“You’re good at cooking, I know you won’t fail,” Kai patted D.O’s head with a smile.

 

 

Ah seriously, they look like couples already, Luhan thought. His eyes landed on Suho, and he swore he saw envy on those pair of eyes.

 

 

“Come on, let’s get some logs for our campfire later,” he said to Suho.

 

“Okay. Sehun and Baekhyun! Come with us!” Suho shouted. I’m glad he called Sehun. They are slowly accepting him, Luhan thought.

 

 

They went into the forest to find some logs. Sehun had trouble because a log fell, but Baekhyun helped him.

 

 

“Here,” he placed the log on top so it won’t fall. Sehun smiled sincerely as he thanked him.

 

 

Luhan saw what happened, and he felt happy because the members are really accepting Sehun as their friend, but he couldn’t help feeling uncomfortable because he thought he should be the one to help Sehun, not Baekhyun.

 

 

“Someone’s feeling jealous,” Suho cooed. Luhan looked at him with wide eyes.

 

“I am not!” Luhan shouted at him.

 

“You’re not what?” Sehun asked, which made Luhan jump a little in surprise.

 

“Uh…Suho is just teasing me. Just go pick logs over there.” Luhan smiled to reassure him, and then he eyed Suho.

 

“I said someone, not Luhan hyung,” Suho continued.

 

“Ah seriously. You shouldn’t pick on me like that. You’re still my dongsaeng.”

 

“Whatever, hyung.”

 

 

They went back to their campsite with the logs. For the whole afternoon, they just played around, suggested by Chen. They played dodge ball, baseball, even soccer. Luhan felt so happy he actually thought he would be obliterated, because the members are playing with Sehun like they've known him for a long time already. They ate dinner at around 8 PM and after that, they settled for their campfire.

 

 

“So, everyone, I think this is the perfect time for us to say our apologies to a certain someone after all we’ve done,” Suho announced.

 

“Shall I start?” He asked. “So, Mr. Oh Sehun, also known as Mr. Student Body President, also known as Cheonsa, too. I know that we had been hard with you in the past times, but as the leader of this group, I ask for your forgiveness after all we’ve done.”

 

“Sorry if I put chewing gum on your chair before and you didn’t actually notice until someone pointed it out,” Baekhyun remembered, and Sehun just laughed.

 

“Sorry if I shot you with a bazooka before,” Xiumin said.

 

“Sorry if I ripped one of your uniforms before,” Chanyeol said.

 

“Sorry if I poured a bucket of water over you when you were in the comfort room one time,” Kai said.

 

“Sorry if I kicked you in the face. Heck, I’m a martial artist, alright,” Tao said which made everyone laugh.

 

“Sorry if I put too much hot sauce on your ddeokbokki before,” D.O said.

 

“Well, what would I say? Sorry if I was a part of their evil plans?” Chen questioned his answer and made everyone burst out in laughter again.

 

 

All eyes are now on Luhan. They were all anticipating on what he is going to say.

 

 

It wasn’t an apology, but rather, it was something different and unexpected.

 

 

“Thank you. Thank you for being with us after all we’ve done.”

 

 

Everyone smiled and clapped for Luhan, even Sehun, too. Luhan thought it was actually nice to have this healing time with everyone.

 

 

“After all our worries, I want to ask permission from my dearest members about one thing.” All of them looked at Suho, waiting for his announcement.

 

“EXO was formed because of one certain goal: to fight against Sehun. But now that our problems are solved and we became friends, does anyone want a new goal for the group?”

 

Luhan raised his hand before speaking. “I want us to help each and every student to overcome their unfair life and together, we will exit this world.”

 

 

Every member went silent. It was not the timid one, but rather, the comfortable one.

 

 

“Any objections?” Suho asked.

 

“I certainly agree with that,” Xiumin high-fived his best friend.

 

“Me too.” All the other members agreed.

 

“One more thing: I think Sehun can become a part of EXO. Don’t you think?” Suho asked again.

 

“Let him join! Sehunnie will be our maknae now, hooray!” Baekhyun announced. Everyone cheered for the new member. Really, always the loud one, Byun Baekhyun, Luhan thought.

 

“Yehet~” Sehun suddenly said, which made everyone laugh.

 

 

Luhan was literally smiling the whole time. Everyone is beginning to open up to Sehun, and accept him after all the happenings. Same thing with Sehun. He is beginning to like everyone in the group and he could tell some jokes, too.

 

 

**

 

 

The members went to sleep at around 10 PM or later. They woke up at around 6 AM to watch the sunrise, just like everyone promised last night.

 

 

As the sun was rising, everyone was one by one shouting their wishes to the sun as if it will listen to them.

 

 

“Please let everyone stay the way they are!” Chanyeol with the deepest voice shouted.

 

“I wish everyone can get the chance to be the happiest!” Baekhyun smiled as he wished.

 

“Please help me have the courage to voice out my feelings and speak more!” Their eldest hyung, Xiumin, wished.

 

“I wish I will stay healthy for me to play around more!” The members laughed at Chen’s wish, and he earned a smack in the head, courtesy of Minseok.

 

“I hope EXO will be together forever!” Tao wished. Everyone’s smiles went wider after hearing that.

 

“Help us during our problems!” Kai shouted with glee.

 

“I hope we can overcome the trials we will be facing!” D.O wished.

 

“Please help me become a better leader in the future!” Suho shouted. Everyone smiled because they know that that wish has already been true. Suho’s the leader everyone could ask for. What more will he wish? Everyone thought.

 

“I simply hope for the best results of all the things we will be doing from now on!” Luhan shouted. Everyone agreed to that.

 

Now they anticipated Sehun’s wish. He smiled before shouting his hopes. “I hope we will be a successful group in the future!” Everyone cheered for their maknae.

 

 

**

 

 

The members packed up as they will be leaving the place. Everyone had fun, and they couldn’t be closer after the time they’ve spent with each other.

 

 

As they were walking home, everyone had someone they could talk to as they made their way back.

 

 

“Hey, want to go get some ice cream after this?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun.

 

“Sure, giant! Your treat?”

 

“Fine. You always win,” Chanyeol said with a smile.

 

“You just can’t resist me.”

 

“Stop that or I’ll take that seriously,” Chanyeol said and that made Baekhyun shut up, his face turned into a beet shade of red.

 

“Why don’t you do it now?”

 

“You like me, huh?”

 

“You wish,” Baekhyun said but he can’t hide the smile on his face.

 

 

“Want to go to the soccer field?” Xiumin asked Chen.

 

“Just the two of us?” Chen asked.

 

“Uh…yeah. If that’s okay with you.”

 

“Probably more than okay,” Chen said with a smile.

 

 

“Can I come over at your room at the students’ dorm?” D.O asked Kai.

 

“What for?” the younger one asked back.

 

“Nothing. Let’s just play around, I guess. We have the whole two weeks for our break. I’ll just cook for you in return.”

 

“I would love that, hyung.” Kai patted D.O’s head once again.

 

 

“Ugh. I envy everyone, hyung,” Tao said to Suho.

 

“Me too, Tao. Me too.” Suho said back.

 

“But seriously, I think our lovers are watching us from above.” Tao looked up as he said those words.

 

“You think so?” Suho said and looked up as well.

 

“They’re probably still looking after us, you know.” Tao and Suho just smiled, their imaginations went on as they looked at the sky.

 

“That’s right. Distance is just a test to see how far love can travel.”

 

 

“Say, Luhan, why did you bring me along?” Sehun asked.

 

“Well, don’t laugh at me, okay?”

 

“I won’t.”

 

“I…I just want to spend some time with you. I’m your first friend, right?”

 

“First friend that didn’t leave me,” Sehun said with a smile.

 

“And I probably won’t leave you.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I like being with you, that’s why.”

 

Sehun smiled before speaking again. “I like being with you, too.”