Strange Feelings

Lovely Fairytale

Wrapping her jacket around her body tighter, she let out a shiver and began to increase her pace. “When did it get so cold?” murmured Sunny as she continued to walk briskly. She was on her way to the practice room despite the youngness of the day. The sun had rising only a few moments before Sunny departed from her dorm, but the feeling of being the only one awake was comforting.

The building soon came into sight as Sunny felt her stomach ache lightly in anxiousness. This was the first time she would attempt at understanding her powers, the first time she’d focus completely on the mess of powers she was gifted with. She remembered the first time she realized she had powers. She was 7, a normal little girl with the infamous bowl haircut atop her head. Her parents had moved to Seoul only a week before and so Sunny felt edgy at all times. However, as she stumbled upon a quiet little park with a rushing river, she experienced such a grand amount of serenity. She walked up to a tree and took a seat as she looked at her surroundings, happiness filling her heart. Just as she was about to return to her home, she felt soft fur make its way into her lap and looked down to see a small white rabbit with big brown eyes snuggle into her warm palms. Without much hesitation, she let out a soft giggle then began to pet the small creature. “You remind me of my old cat. She died about a week ago,” confessed little Sunny as she looked down at the rabbit sadly. Closing her eyes to keep her sudden tears from falling, she felt her fingertips tingle as she grasped the small animal a bit tighter. Opening her eyes at her strange actions, she watched as a shining blue wind wrapped itself around the small animal, its eyes widening in fear. Sunny reminisced on the fear the consumed her own heart as she gently placed the rabbit down and stood from her spot. She watched as the blue wind increased and thickened until she could no longer see the spotless white fur of the rabbit. However, just as she was about to run, she looked down to see a familiar white cat, a blue name tag around its neck. “S-Snowy?” asked Sunny as she reached down towards her once lost friend. And ever since that day, she knew there was something inside her that she couldn’t understand. And finally now she decided to figure it out.

She walked up to the building, the antique structure amazing her as she carefully walked into the warmth. Clasping her hands together, she began to walk towards the small practice room. She hoped for it to be empty, but was disappointed upon arrival. The image of a tall slim figure fostered annoyance in her tiny body; however, as the shadow turned around, she felt her heart quicken at the sight. “K-Kris...” She stuttered.

“Sunny, I was hoping to find you here,” said Kris as he walked towards the shocked girl. Her eyes roamed his face as she gasped at the scatches.

“Y-your face...”

“Don’t worry,” started Kris as he let out a soft chuckle. “I managed to fight him off pretty well.” Seating himself on one of the white square tables, he looked up towards Sunny and allowed a soft smile to form on his face.

“T-the wolf... do you know who...” started Sunny as she wondered whether or not she should confess the information she knows. Her mind found its way back to when Xiumin showed up at her dorm. She remembered the sad look on his face and the strange feelings she felt as their conversation grew. She then remembered the meaning to the strange color that found its way into Kris’s eyes.

“Don’t worry about what happened, okay? It’s over now,” said Kris as he waited for Sunny’s response. He looked at her softly as she nodded slowly, an awkward smile making its way onto her face. Chuckling at her cute expression, he began to walk towards the large bookshelf settled beside Sunny. “Did you come here to practice?”

“Yes, I did,” said Sunny as she smiled towards Kris. Walking towards the closest table she placed her bag down and took out her notebooks. She sat for a few moments, wondering what to do as she was unfamiliar with her powers.

“Would you like some help?” asked Kris as he took a seat beside Sunny. She looked up at him, shyness overwhelming her senses as she nodded childishly. Kris produced a book from behind his back entitled Unfamiliar Mystics. “We might find something in here,” he said as he placed it down softly. He opened it up and dusted off the pages as they struggled to read the tiny text. The brown paper was rough, yet fragile at the same time and it filled Sunny with an unbearable anxiousness every time the pages turned.

“Oh! There!” exclaimed Sunny as she pointed towards the bolded title of the paper. Relieving the Dead. Sunny looked at the page intently as she tried to understand the old literature as best as she could. Meanwhile, she didn’t notice as Kris stared at the side of her face, a look of happiness on his face as he thought about her motivation and desire to figure out what she was. He felt his heart ache at the thought of her hard effort, but soon felt his heart harden as his eyes began to turn to a familiar golden hazel color.

“Sunny,” said Kris as he leaned in closer towards the petite girl. She looked away from the paper to find her face only a few inches away from Kris’s. “Did you forget about what we were doing before that strange event?” asked Kris as he brought his hand up to Sunny’s cheek. Pushing some hair behind her ear, he watched as Sunny’s face slowly began to turn red.

“W-we were...” Sunny watched as Kris brought his face closer to hers, his eyes shining as he watched her become more and more vulnerable to his actions. She remembered the feeling of Kris’s breath on her lips and felt her body tense as she realized Kris’s true intentions. Kris’s eyes finally closed as he brought his face closer to hers, his lips almost touching hers. His hand rested securely behind her ears as he moved closer towards her tiny frame. Preparing himself for her kiss, he began to feel his heart quicken in anticipation.

“K-Kris? I can’t kiss you,” said Sunny as she gently rested her hand on his chest. Without intending to, she felt his heart as it began to beat even faster. Looking away, she heard Xiumin’s voice in her head as she struggled to stop herself from breaking down in embarrassment. ‘That color means greed and pride. Sunny I think he’s hiding something and I’m sorry, but I just don’t want you getting caught up with someone like that’.

“Why not? Why can’t you kiss me?” asked Kris as he unsuccessfully tried to hide his confusion.

“It doesn’t feel right. Why does your eye color change every time you’re with me?” asked Sunny as she removed her hand from his chest. Looking down, she felt his grasp disappear as he moved away slightly.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” replied Kris as he looked towards the opposite side of the room. He gulped as he tried to understand Sunny’s feelings.

Sunny looked at him, a sad expression staining her face as she tried to imagine how unmanly she made his heart feel, but she couldn’t just kiss him to make him feel good about himself. She needs to feel good about herself too, and having Kris steal her first kiss so easily wasn’t something Sunny was prepared to do. Clearing as naturally as she possibly could, she placed her bag over her shoulder and stood up, her face towards the ground as she tried to lighten the atmosphere. “I-I’ll see you in class. Bye,” said Sunny as she quickly smiled towards the tall man before jogging out of the room.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Kris quickly stood up and grabbed the open book as it sat on the table, its ancient style making him feel burdened. Letting out a short scream he threw the book onto the floor, the old pages flying all over the room as he kicked the book into the wall. Seating himself back on the chair angrily, he placed his head in his hands and mumbled to himself, his heart aching at the memory of Sunny’s face so close to his. “Why do my chances keep slipping away like this?”

---

“Oh, Sunny?” asked a familiar voice as Sunny quickly stopped to rest on the brick wall of the fairy building.

“Xiumin?” asked Sunny as she squinted her eyes towards the cute man. He walked towards her, a soft smile on his face as he tried to contain his sudden happiness. “What are you doing here so early?”

“Early? Classes start in about 30 minutes,” said Xiumin as he chuckled. Looking around, Sunny watched as the shining pavement began to populate with students of all descendants. Looking down, she let out a small laugh and wondered how time could fly by so quickly.

“I guess it isn’t that early,” said Sunny as she smiled towards Xiumin. She looked at him and let out another laugh as he smiled towards his shoes. Looking at his face, she noticed that his lips produced a slant whenever he smiled and that his gums and all his teeth showed. It was oddly cute and made Sunny’s heart feel sweet.

“I’m gonna go get some breakfast before school begins, wanna come?” asked Xiumin as he finally brought his eyes up towards Sunny’s. Without hesitation, his eyes began to lighten into an icy blue. Sunny’s mind reminisced back to Xiumin’s words once again as she stared into his beautiful eyes. ‘I-it means that the wolf is in love’. The realization made Sunny’s stomach ache in confusion. Love? If that’s so then why are his eyes glowing blue right now? He couldn’t possibly...no it’s impossible! Isn’t it?

Immediately, Sunny felt the need to rest as the realization hit her. “I’d really like to, but I...um...I...forgot my spell book in my dorm! Yea, that’s it, I forgot my spell book. I’ll just see you in class, okay?” said Sunny as she quickly tucked some hair behind her ears.

“O-okay,” said Xiumin as he watched her run off towards the girl dorms. “Bye,” he said to himself as he waited for him to lose sight of her tiny figure before letting out a chuckle at her cuteness.

---

Laying on her bed, she listened as Jessica and TaeYeon fussed over the curling iron and the sound of students accumulating outside. She closed her eyes and immediately remembered the sight of Xiumin’s eyes, the blueness sparkling and evident. “Maybe he was mistaken,” mumbled Sunny as she sat up, her eyes wandering towards the floor as she struggled to get the image of Xiumin’s face out of her head. “Maybe I was mistaken, maybe his eyes didn’t turn blue at all,” said Sunny as she tilted her head. She tried to convince herself that she didn’t see any blue in Xiumin’s eyes, but also felt a strange feeling beckon in her heart. Maybe she wanted his eyes to shine blue a bit, maybe she was just nervous and immediately thought that she wasn’t good enough for Xiumin. “Maybe I sort of like him too,” whispered Sunny as she placed her hands up to her flushed cheeks. “Aigoo, it can’t be that,” she started, letting out a nervous chuckle. “Could it?”

---

Oooh things are happening!

How do you think this story is gonna end? :)

I'm sorry for not updating in a while, I was having trouble trying to figure out how to pick up the story, but listening to the songs from S.M The Ballad really helped! ^_^

Please continue to look forward to the story and thanks for reading! ^_^