Footprints

Lovely Fairytale

The bell had finally rung signaling the beginning of the long awaited lunch hour. Quickly, Sunny gathered her books and bowed to her spell teacher before racing out the door and heading to her dorm room where she promised to meet her fellow dorm mates. After her encounter with that tall rude man, she was more than happy to see two beautifully friendly faces smiling at her when she entered the dorm. The first girl to introduce herself was TaeYeon. She seemed normal at first, and Sunny had concluded that she was a young witch; however, when she pushed some hair behind her ear and revealed pointy, large ears, it was evident that she was an elf.

The second girl’s name was Jessica and Sunny immediately figured out what she was when they shook hands. As soon as Sunny’s thin fingers meet Jessica’s beautifully manicured fingertips, an ice cold shiver ran down her spine and her heart rate increased to a shockingly scary rate. If she didn’t immediately pull back from Jessica’s touch, she was sure she would have frozen to death. So her first friends were an elf and an ice sorceress. Well, an elf, an ice sorceress and a wolf. She smiled as she remembered the image of the red haired boy who helped her to her dorm. XiuMin.

“You coming Sunny?” asked TaeYeon as she reached out and grabbed Sunny’s hand.

“Oh, um y-yes,” said Sunny as she regained her mentality. Quickly, she pulled her book bag over her shoulder and followed TaeYeon and Jessica to the cafeteria.

Right before they entered the large doors, Sunny’s eyes rested onto the stale face of the man who bumped into her rudely just yesterday. She learned his name was Kris, but knew nothing else. He was in her first period class; a class created specifically for wolves and people who didn’t know what kind of creature they were. At first she was confused as to why the dean would decide to create such a class, but she soon learned that all wolves had different powers. It amazed her.

“Sunny, stop spacing out,” said Jessica as she waved a cold hand in front of Sunny’s blank face. “What are you staring at anyway?” asked Jessica as she turned in the direction of Sunny’s previous gaze.

“N-nothing!” declared Sunny as she struggled to stop Jessica from spotting Kris, but he was the tallest and the most attractive man in her view and so she instantly knew Sunny’s thoughts.

“Sunny, you weren’t looking at...Kris were you?” asked Jessica as she turned towards her petite friend, a look of worry on her face. Sunny’s heart sped up as she realized that Jessica was not impressed. What could be so wrong about Kris for Jessica to act like this?

“U-um, no. Why?” said Sunny as she followed Jessica into the cafeteria. She couldn’t help but notice the impeccably loud chatter that consumed the atmosphere, but it made her feel comfortable.

“He’s one to stay away from. People say that when he gets really upset, he turns into his wolf form and tears innocent people apart. And he smiles while he does it!” she said as she found TaeYeon and sat next to her.

“Who smiles while who does what?” asked TaeYeon as she munched on some strange looking chips. Sunny didn’t bother looking at the packet for fear of what she might see.

“Kris,” replied Jessica as she reached into the bag and grabbed a handful of crunchy bunches. “I was telling Sunny to stay away from him.”

Turning to her new friend, TaeYeon’s eyes widened in worry as she placed the bag onto the table and rested a hand on Sunny’s shoulder. “He’s in your class isn’t he?” she said as she suddenly remembered that Sunny was unaware of her magical classification.

“Well, yes, but-“

“Listen to Jessica. He’s nothing but trouble. Don’t talk to him. Don’t even look at him. You might as well not even think about him,” said TaeYeon as she awaited Sunny’s response.

Nodding in response, Sunny watched as her friends sighed in relief. “I’m gonna go get something to eat,” said Sunny as she walked towards the kitchen. A strange scent filled her nose as she struggled to find food that would satisfy her hunger without causing her to throw up. When she decided to attend the house, she completely overlooked that fact that she wasn’t raise in a magical setting and therefore she’s not used to the incredibly disgusting food. “What do I do now?” asked Sunny as she poked at a jar of eyeballs that sat on the counter.

“I know it’s not much, but it’s better than nothing,” said a familiarly friendly voice. Quickly, Sunny turned around and found herself face to face with XiuMin. A warm smile made its way onto his face as he held a small carton of ice cream up. Sunny’s face lit up with excitement as she carefully took the carton from XiuMin. He let out a chuckle as he saw her face light up with happiness.

“XiuMin! Where did you get this?” she said as she read the packaging excitedly.

“I remembered that you were new here so I went out and bought it for you, but don’t expect it every day,” said XiuMin as he let out a chuckle.

Before she could stop herself, she wrapped her arms around XiuMin’s neck and embraced him happily. “It’s even my favorite flavor, thank you,” she said as she comfortably let go of him. He hoped she didn’t see his blushing face or the newly developed blue tint to his usually brown eyes.

“Don’t worry about it,” he said as he smiled towards the ground.

“Wanna share it?” offered Sunny as she reached for two plastic spoons.

“Oh definitely not,” said XiuMin as he scrunched up his face to show disgust.

“Why?” asked Sunny, obvious confusion on her face.

“That’s absolutely disgusting. There’s cream and milk and sugar in that stuff. I think I’ll stick to my frog eyes,” said XiuMin as he reached for the jar of eyes behind Sunny. Giggling slightly, Sunny held the ice cream close to her chest and thanked XiuMin again before inviting him to sit with her.

“I’d love to, but I’m supposed to help Mr. Im set up for next period. I’ll see you later Sunny,” he said as he walked away, a bright smile on his face as he remembered the feeling of Sunny’s arms around his neck and the feeling of her body so close to his. He knew exactly why his heart sped up at just the mention of her name.

Happily, Sunny found her seat across from Jessica and TaeYeon and started to eat her ice cream. “This is really good,” she mumbled to herself as she savored each bite. She knew Jessica and TaeYeon were looking at her disgustedly, but she was too consumed by her ice cream to bother looking up.

However a different set of eyes kept pestering her. She felt a stare burn into her back and no matter how hard she tried to ignore it, she was unable to. It was as if the person was waiting for something to happen and Sunny feared that something might, so she turned around and locked eyes with none other than Kris himself. Before she could gasp in shock, his eyes were already diverted as he made his way outside of the cafeteria.

Turning back to her ice cream, she wondered why he was staring at her so intently for so long. ‘It doesn’t matter, I’m supposed to stay away from him’ thought Sunny as she tried to continue eating her ice cream. This time, it didn’t taste as sweet. She ate another bite, but was unable to focus on the flavor. Kris’s stare stole her mind and she couldn’t handle not knowing more about him. He was mysterious and isolated, but he looked like the type of person to have lots of friends and popularity. He was too intriguing to simply forget about. “Hey guys? I’ll be back,” said Sunny as she covered her ice cream and placed her spoon down. Placing her book bag around her shoulders she walked out the same door Kris had walked through and found herself outside.

“Oh great, where did he go?” she said as she stared into the shadiness of the large forest that surrounded the back of the school. Just as she was about to give up, she looked down to see footprints leading from the doors to the woods. She knew they belonged to Kris, but she was unsure of her next move. “I’ve gotten this far, I might as well continue,” she said as she followed the footprints into the vast forest.

---

Where did he go? ^_^

Please look forward to the next episode, thank you! :)