My Love, Please Know My Heart

Your Love Is All I Need

Prompt: Winter
Additional Character: Cha (N) Hakyeon of VIXX
Word Count: 4,689

 

“You’re serious?”

“Yeah, I figured it’d be the perfect timing. Christmas is coming up, and I really want to surprise him.”

“But you realize how the media will run with this if they find out, right?”

“Mhm, I’ve already taken that into account and besides, we’ve been together for the past seven years and haven’t gotten caught yet. Besides, it’s just a small celebration between us. And I just want you and your group there to sing your Christmas song.”

The red head laughed, “Well… I’ll run it through with the other guys and tell them about it. When did you want to do it?”

“Christmas eve. I have a hotel room booked for the week there and I figured that if he accepts then we can just spend the week there to celebrate.”

“Sounds like you have everything planned and ready, huh?”

The other hummed, “Well, not everything. I was wondering if you could help me with one more thing…”

 

 

Super Junior’s Yesung and VIXX’s N spotted at local jewelry shop!

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes narrowed when he saw the headline on his phone from Twitter. He pulled up the article and saw the pictures that some of the fans took of the two walking into one of the most popular jewelry shops in Seoul. He wondered what exactly the lead vocals could be doing going to a jewelry shop with the young leader of VIXX.

Even though he felt like he was spying on the love of his life by looking through the fan-taken pictures, it didn’t stop him from looking through more of them. He was trying to see if the fans had snapped any pictures of what the two could’ve been looking at in the jewelry shop. Jongwoon hadn’t said anything about getting any new jewelry lately, so it left Kyuhyun in confusion at why he was taking N to the jewelry shop, especially since Kyuhyun was free and would’ve willingly went with Jongwoon, if only to be in the man’s presence as he tried to pick out whatever new ring or necklace he wanted.

But the more that he looked through the pictures, it seemed the fans were only concerned in taking pictures of Jongwoon and N instead of getting any pictures of what the two were looking at. He read through some of the captions and comments on the pages and finally got some information.

From what one fan said, the two were looking couple rings, but before the fan could find out if either of the two had bought a couple ring, the owners of the shop had already told the fans to leave if they weren’t going to make any purchases. But that statement alone was more than enough to make Kyuhyun more confused. Why was Jongwoon going to a jewelry shop to pick out couple rings with N?

He had noticed that the two were hanging around a little more. It was something that he noticed shortly after Jongwoon had been discharged from his service in the army, and he wondered what exactly conspired for the two to be so close. It didn’t bother Kyuhyun much at first, because he was still Jongwoon’s favorite dongsaeng to spoil, in many ways different from his other dongsaengs, of course, but it was starting to bother him now.

Especially since they were spotted at a jewelry shop, picking out couple rings! How could someone not be suspicious of that? He tried to refrain from freaking out about it, because maybe N was getting a ring for his girlfriend or whoever the guy was in love with? That was the only statement that was keeping Kyuhyun from finding the older male and demanding an answer from him.

He’d have to keep himself from jumping to any conclusions for the time being—

“I’m home!”

Kyuhyun all but jumped from his bed at the sound of that voice entering the dorms, he rushed to his door, ran through the hallway and into the living room to find Jongwoon at the door, taking off his shoes. The black haired male looked up at him and smiled softly, he was about to greet the maknae until Kyuhyun rushed over and grabbed the man’s hands, studying them.

There was no extra ring adorning the man’s little fingers. No other ring except for that black ring that Jongwoon liked to wear so much. The ring that Jongjin got him one year for his birthday.

“Is there wrong with my hands, Kyuhyun?” Jongwoon asked, trying to take back his hands to finish taking off his shoes, but the maknae wasn’t willing to let go at first until he glanced down and saw the man only had one of his shoes on and the other off.

“Uh… no?” Kyuhyun shook his head; he shouldn’t say anything about it. Really, he shouldn’t talk about the subject, because Jongwoon would never leave Kyuhyun in the dark about important things, he really did not need to know what the man in front of him and the leader of VIXX bought at the jewelry store today. Exactly four hours ago. Not that he was timing, of course. But he just couldn’t stop himself. “So what did you buy at the jewelry shop with Cha Hakyeon?”

Jongwoon’s eyes widened slightly before he quickly brushed off the question with a small chuckle, “It was nothing, Kyuhyun, he wanted my help with picking out a ring for his girlfriend. You know that Christmas is coming up and he wanted to surprise her.”

Kyuhyun was about to nod and accept the answer, except that Jongwoon was now avoiding eye contact with him, and a slight blush was tinting his cheeks. And he was trying harder to get his hands free from Kyuhyun’s grasp. He let go of Jongwoon’s hands to let the man reach down and take off his other shoe, but wondered if there was more to the story than what Jongwoon was saying.

“Did he find anything for her?” To be honest, he didn’t even know that Hakyeon had a girlfriend; he figured there was something going on with him and Leo.

Jongwoon glanced up for a second, before quickly returning to untying his shoe, “Y-Yeah, he did.”

“Was it pretty?”

The older male shrugged, “Yeah, I thought it was,” he slipped off his shoes and grabbed hold to Kyuhyun’s hand and started leading them back to the maknae’s room. “So have you cleared everything for Christmas? No schedules? No appointments?”

Kyuhyun nodded, “Other than whatever you said you had planned for the day, no, no schedules or anything of the sort.”

“Good,” as soon as Jongwoon entered Kyuhyun’s room, he started shedding off his backpack, coat, and scarf.

“What do you have planned for us on Christmas day, hyung?” He asked, glancing over at his laptop to see his paused game, he wanted to return to it to beat the current level but seeing Jongwoon in those tight black jeans of his and that baggy black shirt, he couldn’t resist moving behind the man and wrapping his arms around that small waist, resting his chin on the man’s shoulder. “I know it’ll be amazing whatever it is, but I really wouldn’t mind taking those days and just spending them in bed together—” he was cut off by a soft blow from an elbow digging into his stomach.

Jongwoon glared back at him, “I wouldn’t mind that, but I’d like to be able to walk straight for the days we have free, you brat.”

Kyuhyun shook his head, pulling away to rub at his stomach, it wasn’t a hard blow, but enough to shock him, “I didn’t mean like that, hyung! You and your dirty mind—”

“Can you blame me for having one with you as a boyfriend?”

Kyuhyun ignored the question with a scowl, “I meant, cuddling, just lying in bed together, they’re calling for snow, it’d be perfect! We could cuddle up in bed all day, watching movies, and keeping warm as snow’s falling outside our window, doesn’t it sound perfect, hyung?”

Jongwoon shrugged, it did sound perfect, and he’d love that more than anything, just to spend the entire day with Kyuhyun, but he had other plans, and if they fell through the way he wanted, then they would get to spend plenty of time together. For the next week. In a nice hotel room. With something new that Jongwoon had just bought earlier that day.

“It would be nice.”

“See? And you always think I’m erted—”

“ was on your mind though, admit it.”

Well, Kyuhyun could’ve lied and said no, but he shrugged, “Well, if after a few hours of cuddling, we end up making out, and end up tangled together with no clothes and you screaming for more and more, then I won’t argue—yah!” He shouted when he received a small punch to the arm from a blushing Jongwoon.

“erted brat.”

Kyuhyun pouted, as he rubbed at his arm now, whining, “Hyung, you’re so abusive to me!”

Even though Jongwoon wanted to say that the brat deserved it, and to be honest, he really did, he sighed to himself, he couldn’t stop himself from falling for Kyuhyun’s pout and whine. Instead, he pulled the younger male close to him and placed a kiss on those pouting lips. He had intended for it to be a small kiss but Kyuhyun had other things in mind as he wrapped his arms around Jongwoon and held him up, deepening the kiss, turning it into something more until they ended up on Kyuhyun’s bed.

 

 

The next day, Jongwoon received a call from Hakyeon, one that he quickly left the room that Kyuhyun was in to speak with the younger man. Kyuhyun’s eyes never left him though, excusing himself from talking to Sungmin and Leeteuk to find where Jongwoon went. He wasn’t going to think anything about the call at first, but the wide eyes flashing towards Kyuhyun and the hushed tones that were coming from Jongwoon as he talked to the younger male made him wonder what the call could’ve been about.

“Yeah, oh, that’s great! Thank you for getting them for that,” Jongwoon’s voice was full of excitement, Kyuhyun peeked around the doorway to see the man’s lips curled up in a smile as he continued talking on the phone, “Yeah, he still doesn’t know. I’m hoping to keep it that way; at least until I finally tell him… yeah, he saw that. I told him that we were shopping for your girlfriend’s ring… he dismissed it. Yeah, no problems there.”

The whole one-sided conversation just left Kyuhyun in more confusion with several thoughts going through his head. It was obvious that Jongwoon was talking about Kyuhyun to Hakyeon, and it was obvious that it was a lie that the two were shopping for Hakyeon’s girlfriend a ring the other day, and it was obvious that Jongwoon was keeping something from him, but what was it?

“Yeah, I can’t wait until Christmas. It’s going to be awesome,” Jongwoon’s voice drew Kyuhyun out of his thoughts as he continued to listen, “Mhmm… well you’re going to be there, I’ll have to keep everything a secret from him. No, I’m not going to tell him until the right time.”

What did Jongwoon have to tell him? And Hakyeon was going to be spending the day with them? And not only that, where exactly were they spending Christmas? Kyuhyun still had not gotten an answer from the older male, but he wasn’t too keen on spending the holiday with Hakyeon. He just wanted Jongwoon and himself to be alone.

Alone and preferably, in bed, wrapped in each other’s arms, sharing kisses, and just enjoying the other’s company. It’d been so long since they’d spent the entire morning just beside each other.

And how were they going to do that if Hakyeon was there? Not only that, why was Hakyeon going in the first place? Why would Jongwoon want to spend the holiday with dragging him along? Unless… of course, there was something going on between the two. Jongwoon would never cheat on him, Kyuhyun knew this, but he also knew that the man was dense when it came to someone else’s strong feelings for him.

Hell, it took almost beating the man over the head with his confession before it got through to Jongwoon that Kyuhyun loved him. More than just a hyung.

But to be honest, even though Hakyeon is more affectionate when it came to physical contact, he hadn’t shown more than just friendship with Jongwoon. Kyuhyun noticed that, since jealousy had flared when he saw the two hugging shortly after being introduced to the boy, but when he saw the two interact, it was just a hyung and his dongsaeng. Not like how it was between Kyuhyun and Jongwoon, as lovers.

“I’ll see you then,” Jongwoon’s voice drew him from his thoughts again, hearing the man ending the phone call.

He quickly ran back into the living room where the others were so it wouldn’t look like he was eavesdropping. Although that was completely blown out the window when Donghae announced to Jongwoon the moment that he walked back into the living room that Kyuhyun was listening to his conversation. And for the rest of the day, while Jongwoon was busy trying to keep Kyuhyun from attacking Donghae for telling on him, he was questioned by the maknae about the phone call and the plans for their Christmas.

“It’s nothing, Kyuhyun, seriously,” Jongwoon sighed as he finally fell on the bed for the night.

Kyuhyun shook his head, even though Jongwoon couldn’t see him since his head was buried in the pillows, “It didn’t sound like nothing, you were saying something about bringing Hakyeon along with us? How are we supposed to enjoy each other’s company if he’s tagging along? It’d be as bad as when you and I went out on a date with Donghae joining us. I couldn’t hold you or kiss you without him teasing the hell out of me.”

“Hakyeon’s not going to be with us in that sense, Kyuhyun, seriously, we’re going to have a great time during Christmas and no one’s going to ruin it,” Jongwoon assured, although a small bubble of doubt had been building up in his stomach for awhile ever since he’d came to the decision of asking the maknae an important question. Because what if the maknae didn’t accept? What would he do then? What would happen then? Jongwoon knew he wasn’t that great of a person, but since they had been together, he’d been trying all he could to make Kyuhyun happy. And he believed he had succeeded for the most part but what if—

“Hyung, are you even listening to me?” Kyuhyun asked, watching Jongwoon spacing out again, the man looked worried and when he had gone rigid in Kyuhyun’s grasp, it just made Kyuhyun more curious and confused about his behavior.

“Huh? What?”

“Why will he even be there to begin with?”

Jongwoon paused, he really didn’t have a good answer to that question, without saying the actual reason, so he just shrugged, “It’s a surprise, Kyuhyun, okay? You’ll find out all about it when we get there.”

Kyuhyun glared at the man, and his reply really deserved the slap from Jongwoon, “Well it’d better not be a because I’m not sharing you.”

It really did.

 

 

After having loaded up Jongwoon’s car with all their bags and things that Jongwoon said they’d need, the two were off towards the hotel that Jongwoon had booked for themselves. While Jongwoon drove, Kyuhyun sat in the passenger seat, watching as their surroundings went by, trying to figure out what Jongwoon’s surprise was, and why Cha Hakyeon had to be a part of it. The last few days, Jongwoon and Hakyeon had been spending even more time together and it was starting to get on Kyuhyun’s last nerve, but he kept quiet about it. To Jongwoon, he did, but to the rest of Super Junior, they had to suffer from a seething, jealous maknae.

“So where is the hotel?” Kyuhyun asked, still looking out his window at the cars going by and the tiny flakes of snow that had already started falling. The weather men were right. It was going to snow in Seoul. The joy and burden of winter.

“It’s near Hans River, it’s not far from where we are now,” Jongwoon answered.

The mention of Hans River made Kyuhyun even more curious. That was a place that mostly lovers and couples went to; did Jongwoon want to do something romantic like that with Kyuhyun? For Christmas? Kyuhyun almost cooed at the idea. It would be something that Jongwoon would think up.

Jongwoon was a bit of a romantic. And to be honest, so was Kyuhyun. It was their awkwardness that just made it horrible, and the teasing from both of them that made them hesitant to attempt something romantic. And that’s why Kyuhyun bit his tongue to keep from saying anything about Hans River.

“You’re sure we’re not going to get snowbound in the hotel though?”

Jongwoon shook his head, “I hope not, but if so, well, you’ll get your cuddling that you were wanting.”

Kyuhyun grinned to himself at the possibility of that, but he was really just curious about what surprise Jongwoon had planned for him.

Once they reached the hotel, they unloaded their luggage and headed to the small hotel room, Jongwoon had ordered a room with two separate beds to keep suspicions down with the hotel’s help since it was two males getting the room together. And although Kyuhyun wanted to whine and complain about the beds, he figured that it’d just be less space that Jongwoon could use to escape his clingy arms.

 

 

Later that night, once Jongwoon had received a phone call from Hakyeon, and after much convincing for the maknae to walk out in the cold wind and snow, Jongwoon led the boy outside of the hotel and in the direction of the Hans River. Hakyeon had called and said that everything was set up for Jongwoon’s surprise, and it was still a secret to Kyuhyun why the man wanted to come out in the freezing air of winter at almost midnight. Kyuhyun was mostly just surprised and glad that there were hardly any people walking around, so no fans or reporters could snap pictures of the two and where they were headed.

“We should’ve stayed at the hotel, hyung, it’s freezing out here!” Kyuhyun whined, wrapping his coat tighter around himself, and pulling his scarf up to cover his nose that was turning a faint red from the coldness.

Jongwoon glanced over at the maknae and then towards the direction they were going in, the snow was coming down a little bit harder now, but they only had a little bit further to go before they reached the place that he’d told Hakyeon about. He was slightly regretting this idea, seeing how cold Kyuhyun was, and knowing the maknae seemed to freeze at the slightest decrease in temperature.

“I’m sorry, Kyuhyun,” Jongwoon replied, wrapping his arm around the maknae to try and offer some of his body heat to the younger male, “Just a little bit further, I promise it’s going to be worth it!”

Kyuhyun started to grumble, but suddenly several lights came on above them. The trees had been covered with little lights, all lighting up, one by one until the entire walkway was filled with the lights. He had to admit it was a beautiful sight with the snow coming down around them, but it left him curious as to what was going on now.

“Uh… hyung? What’s going on?”

Jongwoon didn’t say anything at first, just smiled to himself as he watched Kyuhyun’s face light up with a smile at the lights above them, leading them further towards the little area beside the river, “It’s… it’s part of my surprise, Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun turned away from the lights, looking to Jongwoon, his eyebrow raising slightly, “Part of it?”

Just as he was about to reply, the sound of music interrupted him. It was soft, faint, and coming from another direction of the area. Jongwoon moved to see through the trees surrounding them towards the area, and started leading Kyuhyun to where the maknae could faintly make out a few people sitting on a picnic table. Kyuhyun caught bits and pieces of the song they were singing, and was starting to wonder even more about the surprise. Especially when there actually people around, seeing Jongwoon’s hand wrapped around his, and probably witnessed the closeness of them walking through the trees that were lit with the lights.

“Hyung, is that Hakyeon? And Leo? And Ravi…?” Kyuhyun asked, seeing the familiar faces as they got closer. The lyrics of Winter Propose were filling the area now.

Jongwoon looked back at the maknae with a bright grin, “It is. This is my surprise, Kyuhyun, I wanted it to be perfect but the snow is getting a bit heavy and I know that VIXX is almost frozen, waiting for us, but this is my surprise.”

Kyuhyun looked at him in confusion, glancing back towards VIXX’s group members still singing, Hakyeon was wearing the biggest grin he’d ever seen, and then back at the older male in front of him, “The song?”

Chuckling to himself softly, Jongwoon replied, “The song, Winter Propose, does speak what I want to tell you, Kyuhyun, but goes along with this,” Jongwoon pulled off his glove and reached into the pocket of his pants, and pulled out a small black box. Kyuhyun’s eyes widened once he saw the man’s knee hit the snow covered ground; Leo’s voice was getting louder with the lyrics he was singing.

 

“After saying this and that and changing the subject

The moment your eyes and my eyes met

Without even knowing

I kissed you and told you my heart.”

 

Kyuhyun stared down at Jongwoon, watching as a nervous smile made its way across Jongwoon’s lips when he opened the little black box and presented it to the maknae in his hand, “Kyu-Kyuhyun… it’s… it’s been awhile since we first confessed to each other… and I—I, I thought about it while I was still in service, and I really wanted to say something then, I was thinking about asking you this question even before I went into the army, but I chickened out, thinking that it would be selfish to ask you to tie yourself down with me while we were separated… and even now, I’m scared to death that you’ll say no to marrying someone like me, but I-I just wanted—”

“Yes,” Kyuhyun’s voice cut off the man’s rambling, he knew they’d be there all night if Jongwoon kept going. Jongwoon rambled with talking about anything, and if Jongwoon was nervous then it would take forever for the man to shut up from rambling.

 

“I guess I waited for all this time

While my feelings grew bigger

I really hoped my heart would reach yours.”

 

“Yes?” Jongwoon’s eyes widened as he repeated Kyuhyun’s answer, almost as if he couldn’t believe his ears.

Kyuhyun’s laughed at the man’s expression, “Yes, you idiot, I’ll marry you.” He reached down and pulled the man up, embracing him in a tight hug. “I’ll spend the rest of my life with you, Jongwoon.”

There were a few cheers going on behind the two from a few of the VIXX members as they continued singing the song.

 

“Again today, I’m standing here

On the street we first met

Out of the many people

I see you from far away

You’re walking toward me.

 

You’re smiling at me.”

 

Jongwoon hugged the maknae tighter, keeping a grip on the black box so it wouldn’t fall from his tiny hand as he couldn’t believe Kyuhyun’s answer. He knew that the maknae loved him, and even though they had been together for years now, he still had a hard time believing that Kyuhyun would want someone like him, with all his fails and shortcomings. And even though he knew it was freezing out in the cold, with the snow still falling, the temperatures still seemed to be dropping rapidly, he never felt so much warmth than what he felt right then, wrapped in Kyuhyun’s arms.

“So this is why you were at the jewelry shop that day with Hakyeon? And the phone calls between you two? And the reason why—” Kyuhyun asked, pulling back from the man to let Jongwoon slip the ring onto his finger before he noticed that there was a matching band on Jongwoon’s left ring finger too. One that he had not noticed before.

“Yeah, I was surprised you didn’t get all jealous and think that he was trying to steal me away,” Jongwoon replied, smiling at the sight of the silver band on Kyuhyun’s finger, the same as the one that was on his.

Kyuhyun chuckled and shrugged, Jongwoon wouldn’t have to know about the wrath that he unleashed on the Super Junior members behind Jongwoon’s back and the glares that he threw at the VIXX member from time to time when he was taking away Jongwoon’s attention. “See? I’m not a brat all the time.”

Jongwoon laughed, meeting Kyuhyun’s gaze, “Maybe not, but you’re still my brat.”

Kyuhyun held up his hand with the ring on it, smiling at Jongwoon, “Always and forever now.”

 

 

“Thank you again for that, Hakyeon, and I’m sorry about the drop in temperature. I knew it would be cold but I didn’t think it’d be that cold that night,” Jongwoon spoke into his phone as he watched Kyuhyun getting dressed for bed. They only had two more free days at the hotel and it was sad to see that they would have to return to their normal lives after this.

“You’re welcome, hyung, and it’s nothing, it is winter, after all. And besides, I told you he would accept!”

“Yeah… but I just… I still had doubts.”

“Well, now you won’t. He’s happy, you’re happy, be happy together for the rest of your lives! We want an invite to the wedding too, whenever you decide to have it.”

Jongwoon smiled, “We will. Thank you again, and tell Ken, I hope his cold isn’t too bad and I send my apologies!”

“Will do. Enjoy yourselves, hyung!” Hakyeon replied before hanging up.

“So how’s Ken’s cold?” Kyuhyun asked once Jongwoon put down his phone on the bedside table and laid back on the small bed. It wasn’t very spacious since they both slept on it, but Jongwoon wasn’t complaining.

“Hakyeon said it was just the sniffles right now, but hopefully it won’t turn into anything major,” Jongwoon stated, “I still feel bad about asking them to do that now.”

Kyuhyun shrugged, “I’ll send them a gift box of red ginseng and hope they accept that as an apology,” he pulled back the blankets on the bed before pulling Jongwoon to him, snuggling up to the man, “Now, I want to cuddle some more with my fiancé.”

He just couldn’t get enough of hearing that, they were fiancés now. Jongwoon smiled to himself, wrapping his arms around Kyuhyun and seeking out all the warmth he could get from the man. It was faintly warm in the room but still cool enough to make someone want a sweater or blanket to cover with. And to be honest, he just really wanted to be in Kyuhyun’s arms, cold or not.

They both knew that they’d have to return to their normal lives within a couple of days, but for the time being, they couldn’t care less. Their engagement would have to be hidden from the media and everyone except their families and the group, but they could worry about that later. All Kyuhyun cared about was getting to cuddle up with Jongwoon, rest beside the man and listen to the wind blowing outside the hotel and watch the snow falling outside, and Jongwoon, well, all he cared about was being with Kyuhyun, in his arms.

 

A/N: I had intended to get this out before or on Christmas day but due to work, I wasn't able to finish it. I'm sorry about that. I'm surprised it's under five thousand words! But I hope you enjoyed my OTP and my bias from VIXX!