Happy Valentine's Day!

Your Love Is All I Need

Prompt: Flowers
Additional Character: Sungmin
Word Count: 3,287

 

He paced the aisles back and forth, trying to decide what gift he should get for the man. It was Valentine’s Day and he wanted everything to be special; luckily the day fell on the weekend so he would actually get to spend time with his lover and he did not have a schedule to go to either on that day. It was their day to celebrate their love.

But as he looked up and down the aisle, making sure that his disguise kept his face hidden from any fangirls or anyone that would recognize him, because he knew the scandals that would come up about him having a girlfriend if anyone saw him looking for chocolates or candies, he couldn’t find anything. At least, nothing that he figured that the man would like. To be honest, Jongwoon didn’t seem to like sweets as much as he did, and it was usually the dark chocolates if Jongwoon did get any kind of sweets.

But Kyuhyun wanted to find something that they both could enjoy. His eyes finally found a heart-shaped container that said it was the world’s best dark chocolates, he wondered if that was really the truth when he picked it up and decided to go ahead and get it anyway. If anything, he could bear with the bitter taste just for Jongwoon’s sake, and he’d have Jongwoon’s kisses to sweeten the bitterness. The thought of finally getting to kiss the man after so long made his heart almost soar as he walked to another aisle for something else that would make his night special as well.

Wine. A dark red wine. That’d go perfect with the dark chocolates. Jongwoon wouldn’t be able to drink as much of it, but Kyuhyun was sure that the man would appreciate at least a glass of it.

When he finally stepped in line to checkout, in his hands, the chocolates and the wine, he wondered if there was anything else that he needed to get.

They had dinner reservations at one of the finest restaurants that Kyuhyun knew of, he had bought plenty of condoms and lube, he told the others to stay out of the dorms for the night, and he even washed his blankets and sheets. He believed he had everything sorted out and ready for the night.

Although when he got back to the dorms, seeing Sungmin there, getting himself ready for his date with his girlfriend, he realized he had forgotten something. Something very important. In Sungmin’s hands was a bouquet of the prettiest white flowers he’d ever seen.

Now Jongwoon wasn’t a girl, and it would seem odd for a man to be buying another man flowers, but Jongwoon did like flowers. Even though Kyuhyun would never say anything, he knew about a small book that the man had with flowers pressed to the pages, preserving them. Jongwoon liked collecting the delicate plants, and he cursed himself for not remembering to at least get a bouquet of roses or some kind of flower that Jongwoon would love.

“Have you got everything ready for your date night with Jongwoon-hyung?” Sungmin’s voice broke Kyuhyun from his thoughts, glancing over at the younger male as he continued to fix his tie in one of the mirrors hanging up on the living room wall.

Kyuhyun had to admit that Sungmin did look sharp in his tuxedo, and he knew that Kim Saeun was one lucky girl. If all the sickening cutesy-Noona talk that Sungmin did to her on the phone sometimes was any indication. Kyuhyun shrugged, he was happy that Sungmin was happy.

“I thought I did,” Kyuhyun glanced down at the wine and the chocolates then looked at the bouquet that the man had set down. He really hated to have to go back out because he was running low on time and he had to meet Jongwoon at the restaurant in an hour, he didn’t have time to go back out and get flowers and still arrived on time for dinner, “Does Kim Saeun like those flowers?”

Sungmin looked down at the bouquet and smiled, “Yeah, they’re her favorite. Gardenias.”

Kyuhyun cursed, there went his plan of bribing to pay Sungmin for the bouquet. But then another idea hit him, “Would you mind if I got two of them? Just two, I’ll even pay you, hyung, I just need some flowers to go with what I got for Jongwoon.” He was already setting down the items in his hands to pull out his wallet.

Sungmin gave him a look of confusion then shrugged, “He likes flowers? I never thought Jongwoon-hyung was the type.” He took two of them out of the bouquet and handed them to the maknae.

“You learn something new every day, hyung,” Kyuhyun replied, when he reached for the flowers, he paused, “Just keep that secret to yourself though, not many people know and I’m not sure if he wants more people to know either.”

He nodded with a smile, “It’s safe with me. No charge either, Kyuhyun, tonight’s our night to enjoy.”

Kyuhyun chuckled, “It may as well be, we’re the only two that are actually in a relationship in Super Junior. If you disregard the weird friendship that Gunhee and Heechul have… I’m waiting for the day they finally admit that they’re together.”

Sungmin laughed, “It wouldn’t be surprising.” He glanced down at his watch, his eyes slightly widening, he grabbed the bouquet, “Well I should get going, dinner reservations are at seven. Have fun with Jongwoon-hyung.”

“Thanks, and you have fun with Kim Saeun. Remember to use protection, hyung,” Kyuhyun added with a smirk that grew wider when Sungmin’s face turned cherry red.

Once Sungmin had left, Kyuhyun grabbed the wine and chocolates and headed towards his bedroom. The bed had been neatly made, he had picked up the discarded dirty clothes of his that usually laid in a pile on the floor, and he had made sure the room looked halfway decent. He was proud of himself for the turnout, at least now Jongwoon wouldn’t start picking up clothes and books and papers that had been thrown about his room as soon as the man entered.

He sat the bottle of wine down on his bedside table that already had two wine glasses, and then laid the chocolates down on his pillow. He took one of the flowers and laid it over the box of chocolates and decided to present the other flower to Jongwoon once he’d gotten to the restaurant. Glancing at his alarm clock, he saw that he had about five minutes to spare before having to head out to reach the place, so he headed to the bathroom to fix his hair and add a little bit of makeup to conceal some of his acne scars.

Jongwoon always liked it when Kyuhyun was barefaced though, but Kyuhyun, he felt so hideous next to the man when the only makeup that Jongwoon ever seemed to wear was his eyeliner. The man had beautiful skin, clear skin that Kyuhyun was so jealous of. Of course, he also blames the man for touching his face all the time as to where all his acne came from, Jongwoon’s hands were always so clammy, and it just seemed to bring more acne out.

But he wouldn’t trade those moments when the man did cradle his face, especially right now when they barely had time for each other anymore. Kyuhyun was always busy with his solo and with Super Junior’s schedule and Jongwoon, he was still in service. God, he missed him.

His thoughts were interrupted when his phone rang, a small text coming from the man he was just thinking about, informing him that he was dressed and ready and just about to leave Mouse Rabbit to head to the restaurant.

Kyuhyun texted back a simple ‘okay, meet you there’ before he went back in his room, grabbed the white flower and his coat, and then headed out the door.

 

“Kyuhyun,” the younger male thought his heart had almost stopped when that husky, deep voice breathed his name.

Jongwoon looked so stunning, standing up from their table to embrace the maknae. He always looked so beautiful in all his black clothes, as much as Kyuhyun always wanted to attempt the rocker look; he left that for the older man. If anything, Kyuhyun could do that onstage.

“Hyung, I’ve missed you so much,” Kyuhyun whispered, returning the embrace with a tight squeeze, taking in Jongwoon’s warmth and scent. He always smelled like his mother’s coffee shop.

Jongwoon pulled back with a smile before releasing the younger male to keep from causing too many people to wonder about the two males hugging. The two sat down at the table, ordering the foods, and started talking about this and that. Everything that they wanted to say to each other, it had to wait until they were back in the safety of the dorms for that. So that left Kyuhyun with asking questions about Jongwoon’s work day and Jongwoon asking about Kyuhyun’s schedules.

Once they finished their dinner and paid, Kyuhyun insisting that he paid since he was the one that set up the dinner date, they both got into Jongwoon’s car, and Kyuhyun thanked the man for having a car with darkly tinted windows because the first thing he did as soon as they were seated was grab the man and pull him into a kiss. One that he had been craving for so long, and it was obvious that Jongwoon had missed the maknae’s kisses too because he didn’t try to pull away and complain about Kyuhyun doing that while they were still in public. Instead, Jongwoon cupped the maknae’s face and gave into the kiss.

It was soft and sweet, neither Jongwoon nor Kyuhyun pressed for anything more, just happy to finally get to have this kind of contact after so long. Although that changed when Kyuhyun’s tongue slipped out and started working to get Jongwoon’s mouth open to deepen the kiss. Jongwoon quickly pulled away, despite the whining maknae trying to bring their lips back together.

“N-Not in public,” Jongwoon reprimanded, already focusing on cranking the car.

Kyuhyun scoffed, “But we were already kissing, hyung, and you didn’t say no to that.”

A blush tinted Jongwoon’s cheeks, refusing to look at the maknae as he changed gears, “I, uh, I know, I just missed… your kisses.”

And as much as Kyuhyun wanted to coo at the confession and tease the man merciless, he figured that if he did, then he would not get another confession like that for awhile. He just smiled softly, turning to look out the windshield, whispering quietly, “I missed your kisses too, Jongwoon.”

As they got further down the road and towards the dorms, Kyuhyun shifted in his seat and felt something rub against him in the inside pocket of his coat. He quickly remembered the white flower that he’d put there, wanting to surprise it when they got into the car after leaving the restaurant, but the need to kiss the man had distracted him.

Once Jongwoon had gotten parked in the dorms’ parking lot, Kyuhyun finally pulled out the gardenia, and after fixing some of the petals that looked a bit crumpled up, he presented it to the man.

“A gardenia?” Jongwoon asked, taking the flower and raising it to his nose to smell the scent of it. He exhaled with a smile at the sweet smell of the flower.

“Yeah, it was pretty and I figured you’d like it, hyung,” Kyuhyun replied, leaving out the little part of him having to ask Sungmin for that flower and the other one that was still waiting for the man in his room, because what he didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him.

Jongwoon nodded, “It is pretty, Kyuhyun… I didn’t know you’d get me a flower though. You’re so cheesy,” he teased, reaching over to softly pinch the maknae’s cheek.

“Yah!” Kyuhyun batted away his tiny hand and moved to get out of the vehicle, “If you think that’s cheesy, wait until you see what I have set up for you in the dorms.”

Jongwoon followed after him, curious now. He slipped the gardenia behind his ear, and grabbed the maknae’s hand as they made their way up the elevator towards their floor. He was curious to see what exactly Kyuhyun had planned, if anything, he figured that since it was the night of Valentine’s Day, all he’d find in Kyuhyun’s room was plenty of condoms and at least two bottles of lube waiting for him. And Kyuhyun always complains that Jongwoon was the one with the dirty mind but it was honestly earned from having a boyfriend like the evil erted maknae.

“Wow, you cleaned,” was the first words that came out of Jongwoon’s mouth as soon as Kyuhyun opened his bedroom door and flipped on the lights.

And the maknae had. Everything looked spotless, very different from the many times that Jongwoon visited and found clothes on the floor, video game boxes thrown about, papers and trash surrounding the trash can from not quite making it into the bin. Then Jongwoon spotted the heart-shaped box of chocolates and another white gardenia on the bed, and a bottle of wine with two glasses on the bedside table.

He chuckled to himself, “I stand corrected, you are so cheesy, Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun’s arms wrapped around Jongwoon’s waist from behind him, he pouted, “Is that all you can say? I wanted everything to be perfect for us tonight. That’s why I had to pay Gunhee to drag Heechul out of here to keep him from listening to us and figuring out who tops.”

Jongwoon laughed again, reaching up to ruffle Kyuhyun’s hair, turning his head to place a small kiss to the boy’s cheek, “Fine, it’s perfect, Kyuhyun. Thank you for this.”

Kyuhyun caught Jongwoon’s lips in a kiss before the man could turn back towards the room, murmuring against them, “You’re welcome.”

“So where’s the condoms and lube?” Jongwoon asked as soon as Kyuhyun pulled away to walk over to the bedside table to open the wine.

Cheeks slightly turning red, Kyuhyun glanced at the first drawer of his bedside table, “Uh…”

A chuckle left Jongwoon’s lips as he crossed the room and sat down on the bed, “I think my real question should be, how many bottles of lube did you get for the night?” He picked up the other gardenia and sniffed it, sighing at the sweet smell of the flower.

Kyuhyun avoided the man’s gaze as he poured them some of the wine, “W-Well… I didn’t think we’d use both of them—”

Just two?” Jongwoon cut in with another laugh.

“—but I got two just in case,” Kyuhyun sent a small glare at the man, handing him the cup of wine.

“You were planning on getting really lucky tonight,” Jongwoon stated, nose scrunching up at the bitter smell of the wine, but took a small sip of it anyway. As Kyuhyun said, if he could enjoy the bitter taste of his coffee then he could enjoy the bitter taste of Kyuhyun’s favorite wine.

Only coffee didn’t have as bad of an aftertaste as wine though. One thing that Jongwoon appreciated about the hot beverage.

“I was just… prepared for whatever you wanted, hyung,” Kyuhyun replied, lying beside the man on the bed, propped up by his elbow with the wine glass in his other hand, taking a sip. He smirked to himself, “I never know when you’re going to be screaming for more and more and I’d hate to run out of lube this tim—yah!” Kyuhyun yelled out when a hand hit the back of his head.

He glanced up to see two burning red cheeks of his hyung’s. Despite the small blow to his head, he couldn’t hold back the laugh leaving his lips. “You’re so cute, hyung.”

“Shut up.” Jongwoon buried his face in his wine glass as he took another sip.

Kyuhyun shrugged, shifting up to grab the box of chocolates and started opening them, “Do you want me to make it up to you by feeding you some chocolates?”

Jongwoon set down his wine glass on the bedside table, “Are they sweet?”

“Uh… some of them might be,” Kyuhyun picked up one and bit into it, face scrunching up at the taste, it was bitter, dark chocolate, “This one is dark chocolate. Honestly, I really don’t know how to pick out chocolates for you, hyung.”

Jongwoon pulled Kyuhyun’s hand with the other half of the chocolate up to his lips, “It’s the thought that counts.” He ate the other half of the chocolate, eyes lightening up at the taste, “That’s not bad.”

“I’ll never understand your taste buds, hyung,” Kyuhyun retorted, picking up another piece that looked like it would have some kind of filling inside it. Turned out it was peanut butter, and it tasted a little better despite the dark chocolate covering it. “This one isn’t bad.” Kyuhyun lifted the other half up to Jongwoon’s lips for him to eat the rest.

“Mmm, not bad,” Jongwoon chewed the chocolate, it wasn’t bad, the peanut butter was making the aftertaste of the wine a little better. “So you got me wine, flowers, chocolates, condoms, lube, and a nice dinner for Valentine’s Day,” he stated with a small smile, lying back on the bed, honestly, he was tired from the week before.

Kyuhyun hummed, “So I did, and we haven’t even gotten to the condoms and lube yet.”

Jongwoon laughed, “The night isn’t over yet.”

“True,” Kyuhyun moved up to place his wine glass down beside Jongwoon’s and then moved to straddle the man, “are you enjoying it so far?” Kyuhyun looked a little worried about Jongwoon’s reply, the two were both romantics at heart, but sometimes things just never seemed to work out in that way, and they were usually too shy to do the things that they wanted. Their teasing didn’t help either though.

Jongwoon smiled, running his hands up Kyuhyun’s arms and leading up to lace together behind Kyuhyun’s head, “I would’ve enjoyed it even without everything else, and if it was just you.”

Kyuhyun chuckled, “And you nagged me earlier about being cheesy.”

“It’s Valentine’s Day, I’m sure we’re allowed to be cheesy at least until midnight,” and with that, Jongwoon pulled the maknae down into a kiss, one that was soft but sweet with the taste of wine and chocolate. “Let’s put the condoms and lube to use now.”

Kyuhyun breathed a laugh against the man’s lips, “You think two bottles is going to be enough?”

“I guess we’ll find out,” Jongwoon replied with a grin, pulling Kyuhyun into another kiss, murmuring against his lips, “Happy Valentine’s Day, Kyuhyun.”

“Mmm, Happy Valentine’s Day, Jongwoon.”

 

Arriving later that night after an exciting and happy evening with his girlfriend, who he was certain would be his wife one day, Sungmin walked into the dorms. His eyes widened when he heard the noises coming from Kyuhyun’s room. The lights were off throughout the rest of the dorms so it was obvious that no one else was home, except for the two that were filling the place with loud moans.

Pulling his phone back out, he texted Saeun again, and with her reply, he was already grabbing his coat and heading back out the door. He figured that he would allow Kyuhyun and Jongwoon to enjoy the rest of their night and have the dorms to themselves. After all, he did not want to stick around and hear Jongwoon’s muffled voice complaining about there being no more lube. 

 

A/N: I wanted to get this posted on Valentine's Day but my furnace went out yesterday and yeah, I spent the whole day working on that, but here it is! kekeke~ Happy Belated Valentine's Day!