Good Luck

Follow Me

As Woohyun was washing the dishes, looking behind him every now and then to admire his boss, he noticed how deep Sunggyu was in his own world.

He soon found that Sunggyu didn’t talk much when he was baking; he would be too absorbed in it. Out of nowhere he would sigh or grunt if he would mess up. He would bite his lip as he worked on difficult pieces and Woohyun found the little chuckle he released whenever he succeeded endearing. 

Sunggyu sighed and puffed his cheeks out as the worked the dough in his hands. As he reached over to get more flour he felt two thick arms envelope him in a back hug. Startled by the sudden action he let out a tiny yelp and as he began to calm down he chuckled a little, “You shouldn’t be back here, Dongwoo!”

Dongwoo, a short thick lipped pink haired ball of sunshine, tightened his grip on Sunggyu and rubbed his cheeks on Sunggyu’s back, “but I came all the way here to see you.”

Sunggyu pushed the shorter away and turned to face him, “I’m working here! And the studio is five minutes away what are you talking about.”

Dongwoo only pouted and hummed in response.

“Did Hoya come with you?”

“Who cares about Hoya I see him every day.” He joked, throwing Sunggyu into another hug, “yeah out there ordering our drinks.”

“Get out!” Sunggyu groaned with his cheeks tinted pink, “or at least get off me!”

Dongwoo released his grasp, “You should come over tonight. Hoya’s going to Busan for the weekend, some sort of dance conference.”

“I get out late today. Sorry, Dongwoo!” the older smiled as he pinched his cheeks. “Now really, get out, I have to finish this so I can start on another order.”

Dongwoo only turned away with a smile, knowing that if he didn’t budge now he’d have to deal with a Sunggyu-rant, and he could live without wasting 20 minutes of his life.  As he was walking he noticed Woohyun by the sink. “Oh, who’s this?”

Woohyun turned to him and bowed, “Hello, I’m Nam Woohyun, a new worker.”

“Oh, very cool! I’m Jang Dongwoo.” he smiled as he walked out, “take care of Sunggyu. I’ll see you around.”

---

Dongwoo walked to his friend and sat in front of him, “What did you get for me?”

“Strawberry milkshake to match your hair.”

“How thoughtful of you!” Dongwoo smiled reaching out to place his hand on top of Hoya’s.

“Stop touching me.” Hoya pulled his hand away and winked, “My fangirls will be upset to see their oppa being touched by someone else.”

Dongwoo sighed, “Hurry up and set me up with someone. I’ve got ALL THIS LOVE and no one to give it to.”

“You know all the girls I know. I’m sorry none of them find you attractive,” Hoya grinned, “it must be difficult for you to be compared to someone as y as me.”

“Is that why you’ve never had a girlfriend?”

“Dancing is my passion; I didn’t have time for girls before.”

Dongwoo groaned, “Where are all the girls? I don’t understand. I’m not even picky. I like all women! Why am I struggling?”

To that, Hoya pointed his finger accusingly at his best friend, “because your world is tiny! You narrow the amount of women in the world to people that Sunggyu or I know, or people you meet in school. There are girls everywhere! Just look around. But then again why bother- you won’t even say hi.”

Dongwoo’s eyes grew and a gasp escaped his lips, “You can’t trust strangers!”

“Are you five?” he questioned, “Plus you get to pick whomever you want to talk to. Just don’t pick someone who’s obviously taken or someone who can kick your and you’re good. It might be helpful if you can out run them…”

---

“Good luck today.”

Sungyeol turned around to find Myungsoo walking up to him. “For what?”

“You have an exam today.” The beauty poked his cheek.

Sungyeol must have said something about it lord knows how long ago. Myungsoo always listened to everything Sungyeol said. He paid attention to every detail of his existence and never seemed to forget. It’s not something he had to remind himself of by taking notes on his schedule; he was just genuinely interested in what his taller friend had to say.

“Oh. Right. Thanks.” He beamed. “I’ll tell you about it when I see you at home.”

----

Dongwoo sighed as slurped the last of his drink. Hoya had left a little while ago to do some last minute packing and meet up with his ride to the train station. What Hoya said really stuck with him. He only knew about 20 girls, half of which were taken and the other half either much too young, or crushing on Hoya. If he wanted to meet someone, he had to find her himself.

As he walked to the counter, empty glass on hand, he heard a loud grunt. Surprised, he turned to find a young lady throw her phone across her table.

This is your shot, Dongwoo. Talk to her. He thought to himself but soon changed his mind, No, don’t. That’s weird. Stop. No.

By that point he had been staring at her for too long. He didn’t even notice he was still staring- not until she looked back at them and they had made eye contact for about 10 long seconds. .

---you’re-so-weird-wtf-dongwoo-wtf look away now!

Make that 20 long seconds of awkward eye contact.

“Is something wrong?” she asked concern in her voice.

He smiled and turned back toward the counter, nice save, Dongwoo. But he soon realized that she said something. He turned around and walked away after she asked him a question. WHAT AM I DOING?

He quickly scuttled back to her booth, and scratched the back of his neck. “I was going to ask you that.”

“What?”

“I was going to ask if something was wrong.”

“With me?”

“Yeah, you threw your phone and grunted.” He answered with a chuckle.

Now it was her turn to blush. The noise she made probably sounded ungraceful in every way. This is why all her friends are getting boyfriends and she’s struggling to find a proper man.

“May I sit?” he asked gesturing to the seat across from her to which she nodded. “So what’s the problem?”

“I bought all these pastries and two Americanos because my sister said she was going to come with me. Now she calls saying she can’t make it.”

He nods understandingly.

“Now I have all this and I’m eating alone. How embarrassing.” Her hands flew around, “I mean some people might like eating alone but I can’t. It’s so awkward and just look at all this! Who can finish this by themselves?”

“You’re not alone now. I’d love to help you finish these up!” He grinned, “I’m Dongwoo by the way.”

She smiled back, running her long fingers through her elegant blonde hair. “Thank you. I’m Jessica.”

As she was about to say more, he spit the drink back into the glass. “Bitter!” He stuck his tongue out.

She giggled at him, “you don’t have to drink it, it’s ok.”

“No! I said I would help you so I will.”

She nodded with amusement, “A man of his words! You are a true proper man.”

---

“So this ‘Dongwoo,’” Woohyun slowly cautiously approached Sunggyu, “is he your boyfriend?”

Sunggyu turned bright red and waved his arms around. “No!”

“You looked pretty affectionate back there…”

He scratched his face irritated, “he’s like that with everybody.”

“He wasn’t like that with me.”

“He just met you, .” Sunggyu made his way out with Woohyun on his tail but stopped suddenly at the door. “Also he’s straight.”

Woohyun looked over Sunggyu’s shoulder to find Dongwoo laughing heartily as a girl softly touched his pink hair curiously.

Sunggyu turned back into the kitchen with a heavy sigh. Woohyun followed and leaned against a counter.

“Are you?”

Sunggyu shot him a questioning look.

“Are you straight too?”

His eyes grew. “That’s a bit private don’t you think?! Go do the dishes!”

“I just did them.” Woohyun pouted.

“Then go help the kids out front!” He replied, his pitch rising in annoyance.

“Leader-nim~”

“BYE.”

Woohyun huffed but walked out. He considered himself lucky and decided he would be able to find out more by bothering his coworkers instead.


a/n: SORRY. there's barely any Woogyu and only like 3 lines of Myungyeol interaction. So much Dongwoo in this. He wasn't even supposed to be an important chara but it just kind of happened. He's important now and there's no where else I could've thrown him in. Next ch is gonna have more woogyu and myungyeol promise.