Take my hand and we will shine

Let's seize the day, let's run away

Title: Take my hand and we will shine (from Wild Heart by The Vamps)
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: PG-15


This is a failed naruto!au ;n; anyway, I won't use most of the japanese words because it's confusing even for me too (?) <3 if you have never read or watched it, don't worry, i'll make it as understoodable as i can ^^ and it won't be the same as the original plot anyway..

Woohyun is not an ordinary kid. He always knew he isn't. People always glance at him in disgust and he knows he is unwanted, yet he doesn't understand why his father sacrificed his soul just to trap such a hateful creature inside his own son. The monster even killed Woohyun's mother too. He knows he should be proud that his father was a man with authority, but he can't help but feel the regret of being born, of being alive.


He goes into a ninja school - a shinobi school, when he hits thirteen. The glances are still there - the whispers, the sudden mellow atmosphere when he comes - they all still there but Woohyun has changed anyway. He becomes used to it thus a new ambition has appeared to Woohyun's self, to become the ruler of the village, the hokage - like his father.

Woohyun is put into the same group as Kim Sunggyu, and Oh Hayoung. Sunggyu is someone who at first, doesn't show any emotion on his face. He is a Kim anyway, and everyone knows that the Kim clan is mostly murdered. That doesn't stop Woohyun from greeting Sunggyu though, and being the typical Woohyun, he greets Sunggyu and asks him for a conversation when they're practicing their speed by running.


"Hi," Woohyun catches Sunggyu and is now running on his right, but Sunggyu pays no attention. "I supposed we haven't greeted each other! Hello! I'm -"


"I think you should watch your steps," that's all what Sunggyu says before Woohyun blinks and realizes that he runs into a big tree.


He kind of doesn't regret it though, when he hears Sunggyu chuckling a bit at how dumb his behaviour is.


Woohyun thinks he can be friends with Sunggyu like how he can with Hayoung, but he eventually finds out it wrong. Sunggyu doesn't seem like he wants to be close with anybody - including their mentor, Lee Donghae. He replies curtly and he rarely laughs, and Woohyun thinks he is damn lucky to hear Sunggyu's small chuckle that day, because, has he told you about how beautiful it sounded?


Sunggyu decides that their relationship is better off with only rivals too, because he kind of finds out that Woohyun has a ing monster inside him and Sunggyu thinks the dumb kid will become stronger than him. Woohyun doesn't like the fact that they can't be friends just because he is controlled by a dangerous creature. He tries to break the rivality between them both but Sunggyu obeys no exception.


But even the sun knows that the walls Sunggyu build between him and Woohyun are fleeting. The universe watches Sunggyu smile slightly whenever Woohyun makes a joke to Donghae seosangnim and slowly, but carefully; the wall breaks.

 



Sunggyu and Woohyun are now 15, well-trained and has completed a lot of missions. Sunggyu shows more of his true face behind his mask day by day, and Woohyun happily notices. Sunggyu starts to laugh a lot, and talks with Woohyun about almost everything. Even though some times Woohyun can see his cold, blank face, he knows Sunggyu will grin like he is not the old Kim Sunggyu when the older glances at Woohyun.


And Woohyun thinks they can be more than best friends.


He almost gives up when Hayoung realizes she likes Woohyun and Woohyun thinks Hayoung is a nice girl - beautiful, tough, and she's really good at healing with her inner power. Hayoung really matches Sunggyu, in Woohyun's perspective. Beside, he doesn't want to see Hayoung gets hurt because of him. She's Woohyun's friend, after all.


"Hyung," Woohyun starts, drinking a gulp from Sunggyu's water bottle. "I think Hayoung likes you, um, a lot,"


Sunggyu scoffs and steals his own bottle away from Woohyun's grab. "Yeah, sure. Then what should I do?"


Woohyun lets the silence plays around them for awhile, before he bites his lips and says, "I don't know, date her, maybe?"


Sunggyu doesn't say anything, no one does. The sun is setting and Woohyun can see the sky getting the beautiful orange shade. Sunggyu nevertheless, doesn't seem like he is going to go home any soon, so Woohyun just let them be in silence.


"What if I don't want to?" Sunggyu mumbles. "I like someone else, you know," Woohyun's breath hitches quietly and he dares to ask who, much to his curiousness.


"Who?" He asks. Sunggyu turns his head to the direction of Woohyun, and they stare at each other for a few moments before the older leans closer and in a blink of eye, their lips touch softly. When Woohyun is going to kiss back, Sunggyu pulls away too fast for his liking.


"You,"

 



The next day, Sunggyu runs away from the village.


Woohyun doesn't know why, or how, or when exactly he has stepped his feet outside and decides to follow their enemy instead, but the only thing Sunggyu leaves him is heartbreak. The younger tries to ask for every information that is available though, that maybe Sunggyu is traitoring because he is hypnotized or something but no, the villagers say the boy leaves because of his own will.


Sunggyu leaves nothing but beaten up shinobis on the village gate - probably not by Sunggyu but their enemy instead, Lee Sungjong. That guy is absolutely dangerous. Woohyun hears that Sunggyu wants to learn from Sungjong, to become strong- no, really strong, to beat his older brother who has murdered the KIm clan. Sungjong gives him promising things and Sunggyu agrees.
 

 

 


For two years long, Woohyun searches for Sunggyu, chasing him. He practices more, more and more, until the monster inside his body is well controlled by himself. He, of course, has missions to accomplish and he knows billions of infomations about the Kim clan and Lee Sungjong from the people he meets in the missions.


Sunggyu appearently has defeated his brother last year and Sungjong too, has died. Thus he is now heading to search for the strongests - strongest sword, strongest shinobi, strongest tricks. Woohyun listens to the stories and news with all of his ears, because even after all those years, he has never once forgets about the older boy. How much has he grown his height? How strong is he now? Is his hair still goldly brown?


The questions are not answered even when a sudden attack on the village comes.


Every shinobis alive are sent to the war, including Woohyun, who is the biggest weapon in the village. The hokage has predicted there will be a war coming soon and now this is the time. The female and kids are evacuated to a different place, for their safety. The men are busy fighting with blood and corps. They don't have time to be weak or else, their souls will be the loss.


Woohyun himself, is almost loosing all of his power but hey, remember when I tell you he wants to be the hokage like his father? The ambition grows with him and he doesn't know what is giving up now. His body is sore and tired but the enemy is in front of his eyes, standing with glory because he knows that he is going to win.


Not until someone comes behind Woohyun just before the younger man collapses his body.


Woohyun turns his head around to expect Donghae seongsaengnim, but it's Sunggyu. ing Kim Sunggyu.


"Hey," He says casually and Woohyun feels like both slapping or kissing him right now. "You should go back for awhile, let me handle this with the others,"
Woohyun does what he tells him. He jumps to the back where it's far enough from the war field and the healers are doing their job.


"Woohyun?" Hayoung gasps when she sees her friend sorely comes. "Gosh, look at you! How's the condition on the front?" She asks as the female starts healing Woohyun's wounds.


Woohyun needs to catch some breath before answering, "Sunggyu," he pants. "He comes back and.. he is handling over," Woohyun sees a glimpse of hope on the girl's eyes and it kind of hurts him at how she hasn't gotten over Sunggyu just like him and maybe this time Sunggyu has changed his mind and decides that Hayoung is good for-

"I know how you're feeling about him," Hayoung chuckles. "You should go for him you know. Win the war together, build the village with him. He likes you too," Woohyun gapes for a few moment before he nods slowly. Hayoung pats him on the shoulder before he gets into the war again.


Sunggyu is half tired when Woohyun comes back. He seems like he has used a lot of power and Woohyun knows he needs help. The younger goes to stand beside Sunggyu and Sunggyu smiles at him, realizing the apperance.


"You alright?" The older asks and Woohyun nods. "We have a lot of things to talk about after this, so let's win it as soon as we can, okay?" The grin comes back to Sunggyu's face, and Woohyun feels like he can win anything as long as Sunggyu is grinning like that to him.

 

 



It's midnight when Sunggyu and Woohyun almost defeat Lee Howon, the leader of those traitor shinobis. They both have used everything they have and they're almost out of breath when Howon is ready to launch another attack. Woohyun looks at Howon with half-lidded eyes, almost unbelieving Howon is already going to destroy them once again. Sunggyu notices this and looks forward to their main and last enemy.


"Woohyun-ah," Sunggyu calls. "You said you want to be the hokage, didn't you?" Woohyun nods, even though he doesn't get where is this sudden talk about dream will go. "Then.. I guess.." Sunggyu turns to him to kiss him tenderly, for a few seconds that once again, Woohyun thinks too fast. "Good luck at that, alright?"


Woohyun frowns and he completely understands when Sunggyu runs towards Howon, getting ready to use something huge towards the man. Woohyun doesn't know where Sunggyu learned that, but suddenly, Sunggyu blows a really huge flaming fire that looks like a gigantic dragon. Howon makes a same size ball of electricity and the next moment, the both elements crush together, making a huge explosion to the area. Woohyun has to grip the ground to keep him from being blown away.


When the burst has ended, Woohyun and the rest of the fighting shinobis turn their heads up to see what the hell has just happened and they cheer in bliss. Howon is lying on the ground, lifeless, with his eyes closed and nose not breathing. The war has ended and everyone hugs each other in joy.


Except for Woohyun.


He crawls closer to where Sunggyu is lying and he looks so fragile and weak and his skin is full of wounds. Woohyun can feel Sunggyu is breathing really lightly and he has never saw a Kim Sunggyu this agony. Sunggyu can still open his eyes a bit and he glances at Woohyun, whose his eyes are b in tears.


"I.. I'm sorry," Sunggyu speaks. "I was b-blinded with revenge a-and.." A deep breath. Hayoung comes to heal Sunggyu as much as she can. "I shouldn't have left y-you.." Woohyun is clutching on Sunggyu's dirtied shirt now. The power Hayoung is giving is getting bigger but there is still no result of Sunggyu getting better. "I love you, hyun,"


And with that, Sunggyu closes his eyes slowly, his hand on Woohyun's and the younger finally lets his tears fall onto Sunggyu's wound. Hayoung sobs too and she starts giving up the healing for Sunggyu, since there is no one who is able to heal a man who has just died, even Hayoung herself. The people surround the three with sadness, lowering their heads at the loss of their important shinobi.

 




Three years later, Woohyun becomes hokage, just like his childhood dream.


The village is now safe and have good terms with other villages. Enemies are still there but at least no sign of an upcoming huge war because Howon has been defeated. Woohyun builds  more school and markets and houses, where more people can gather and Woohyun himself, still try to train and practice between his busy figure as the new hokage.


His office is heading to where a big statue of Sunggyu is placed. He looks cool and tough even when it's just a statue. 'Sunggyu' is placed on the edge of the village, so it looks like he is watching the place with Woohyun, together, just like what Hayoung said. His face is now cold but is not happy either, since the one who made the statue has never saw Sunggyu smile so happily like Woohyun ever did.


Woohyun watches as the sun sets on 'Sunggyu's head and Woohyun knows the older man is smiling right now.


He just knows.