A change of a heart, a twist of fate

Let's seize the day, let's run away

Title from:
Talk by Kodaline

Title: A change of a heart, a twist of fate
Genre: Fantasy
Pairing: Woohyun/Sunggyu
Rating:PG-13

Have you ever heard about the tale of the Moon and the Sun? Yes, the Moon that we see every night, along with the Stars that surrounding it. Yes, the Sun which bright our day up, but unlike the Moon, the Sun has Clouds to be around.


Have you?


It happened a long time ago, where cities weren't made of pollution, where plants were still obvious to be seen in every corner of the place, where people weren't the same as the people we are now.


The Sun, the majesty of light, an important thing for humanity's life, it actually had a name. The Sun was called, Sunggyu.


Sunggyu shone so brightly, bright enough for everyone in the whole world to see. From South Pole all around to North Pole. Sunggyu was always the one with most respect, because without him, the circumstance of life couldn't go on perfectly.
But Sunggyu had never been arrogant about all those respects and loves he recieved. That's why everyone, the Clouds, the Stars, loved him.
Including the Moon, by the name Woohyun.


Woohyun, the Moon. He earned so many respects too, though, not as much as Sunggyu did. He didn't shine, Sunggyu was the one to do that. Everybody called him beautiful, especially when he was beside Sunggyu, smiling brightly that their smiles combined might defeat the brightness of Sunggyu's ray.
Because long time ago, the Moon and the Sun stood together in the sky. Never did they seperate.


"Gyu," Woohyun whined a bit. "Look at those two. The man is leaving the woman! His woman, to be exact. They are always together!" He pointed to the direction where a male was walking away with someone, who could be called a female. Not far from them stood another woman, watching those two with an obvious sadness on her eyes.


Sunggyu rolled his eyes. "Go watch someone else, Hyun. You have been watching him for years," Woohyun grinned sheepishly when the Sun decided to examine the situation. "It's no one's fault, actually.. Those people still don't even know how to talk properly. They don't know what is love, yet, and the man has never declared that they are each other's. You get me?"


Woohyun nodded, but unsatisfy feelings were still there. He knew what love meant, unlike the creatures he had been seeing for his entire life. To Woohyun, love was something he felt when he was near someone, when that someone made him feel comfortable and when Woohyun didn't even want to leave their side. He glanced at his left, where Sunggyu was looking at a bunch of people making fire. He was laughing in amusement with Sungyeol, the Cloud that could be called Sunggyu's friend, because he barely wasn't there for the Sun.


Woohyun smiled at the thought about Sunggyu's beautiful laughter. He was indeed gorgeous.

 

 


It was another day when the Moon and the Sun sat next to each other (not like they ever left each other's side). They were talking about how some people were starting to crave something, to make something ancestors couldn't. Sunggyu could see that one day, the earth won't be like this anymore: with traditional technologies that came from whatever they found, with their unability to communicate with words. He knew there were changes, there always were, because he had seen them everyday.


"Gyu, what are you thinking about?" Woohyun asked, grinning widely. Sunggyu blinked twice, before chuckling and patted the head of the Moon. Woohyun was just too cute to resist.


"About changes," Sunggyu honestly said. "I wonder.. how will everything be years from now. I bet it will be totally different, don't you think?" Woohyun hummed, agreeing at Sunggyu's deep thought. "Do you think I will be useless in the future?" The Moon frowned this time, staring at Sunggyu who was smiling sadly towards the people who were hunting animals.


"No," Woohyun hissed. "You won't be useless, Gyu. They will still need you even if they find another source of light," Sunggyu was looking at Woohyun this time, and Woohyun was putting a face which the Sun had never seen from his cute personality. "They will still need you.. Like I will, forever and always."
The Moon looked down just in case to hide his face. He wasn't planning to say those.. cheesy, greasy words to someone he had adored for his entire existence. To his surprise, Sunggyu chuckled, and it made Woohyun turn his head to see a beaming Sunggyu who was full with happiness. He couldn't understand what was in Sunggyu's head, not in a million years, because to Woohyun, Sunggyu was too impressive and amazing for someone like him to read. He could never understand why Sunggyu was suddenly kissing him on the forehead with so much love radiating from him.


But the Moon knew for sure, that the day went on brighter than usual.

 

 

Woohyun and Sunggyu had never felt any happier than they always were. They felt like the world was complete, just by standing at the same place everyday, looking at the lifes they couldn't have, watching over how things started to change in the generations. The Stars and the Clouds definitely felt the difference since that day, where Woohyun let the outburst that made him feel like the luckiest creature God had ever made. Because he got to be with Sunggyu, because he got to kiss Sunggyu, he got to feel Sunggyu's love and he couldn't ask for anything else.


The same went to the Sun, who shone his rays more and even people down there could feel how hot the earth sometimes. Because sometimes, Sunggyu would get too happy and he forgot his happiness effected his light, which was something really important for the earth. Sunggyu couldn't help it though. The Moon made him so happy, just with the fact that they were together, side by side, and Woohyun often threw a loving smile and gaze to him. The Sun had always have a soft side for the Moon.

 

 

Years came and soon the earth had became something both of them never thought it would, but still, Sunggyu took an important part of it. The Sun was used for much more things and Woohyun could only watch. He was, at first, proud of how his partner could be so important to every human beings, even animals. But as the time went on, Sunggyu started to change. He felt like the world revolved around him and he started to think he was the most majestic, most important part of everyone's lives. Woohyun noticed, he of course did. Though the Moon at first thought that maybe it was only his bad thoughts and jealousy, but Sunggyu started to act differently. He became ruder, to the Clouds, to the Stars. He sometimes even acted so in front of Woohyun.


It was one day, when they were watching over the earth, and Sunggyu decided to be a little again.


"Oh, look at them, depending on me like that." the Sun snickered, and Woohyun stayed silent. He was getting to hear more and more of Sunggyu's conceited self. The Moon was bothered, yes, but he could do nothing about it, since it was already a fact that Sunggyu was something humanity couldn't lose.
"Gyu," He called. "Don't look down at them like that." Woohyun turned his head to look at the Sun, who was twitching his eyebrows in annoyance and confusion, before Sunggyu sighed and scoffed lightly.


"I'm just stating the fact. It's not my fault if you have no use for them, you know. After all, you don't have rays to shine, unlike me. You can't make them dry, unlike me. You can't-"


"Stop," Woohyun growled. He was starting to have enough. He knew he couldn't do all those, and he was far from perfect, but what Sunggyu said was beyond the limit. He had always adored the Sun for being so kind and lovable. For being bright and wise. Not the one who acted all high and arrogant. "I know, Gyu. I know. I know I'm nothing against you. I'm just a simple figure that stand beside you, the one who thinks you are the greatest. I know."
Sunggyu gulped. He wanted to say something, apologize at least for his words because Woohyun looked so disappointed. He wanted to comfort him, something he hadn't done for awhile. But his pride held him back. He was eaten by them and he could only look away and stayed silent. Woohyun didn't utter any single word afterwards.


The Sun was starting to get annoyed at the silence between him and Woohyun. He didn't like it even just a slight bit. He wanted to have a conversation, but all the Moon did was ignoring him like he wasn't even there. So he decided to go back.


"I'm going back, are you going with me?" Sunggyu tried, but Woohyun said nothing and the Sun could only disappear behind him.


To his surprise, everything seemed dark once Sunggyu was gone. He was always with the others, being there for each other and it felt kind of weird at first to face a sudden darkness. Moments passed and Woohyun somehow enjoyed it. The feeling of being free from the pressures Sunggyu had giving him. The Moon felt peace and he felt like he would never go back to rest.


Slowly, the Stars started to come when they saw Woohyun alone. The Moon couldn't say he didn't like the company, since they were all very nice and kind. They were sparkling beautifully and Woohyun could smile again. Though the stars made the darkness faded a little, Woohyun didn't mind.


When they were starting to get tired, they went back, and Sunggyu saw no one when he decided to watch over the earth again. He looked around for Woohyun, but there was no sign of Woohyun to come. He waited and waited until he got tired and went back. Woohyun went just after the Sun disappeared to be in the darkness again. This went from time to time and Sunggyu eventually found out.


The Sun understoond at the decision Woohyun made to stay away from him. He realized he had been such a to everyone, especially to the Moon, who was always there for him. Sunggyu didn't force Woohyun to go back to him. So he could only share his rays to the Moon, so he could shine the earth and shove away the darkness to those who didn't like them. Woohyun noticed, and he felt thankful for what Sunggyu was doing for him. Though, he had never planned to go back to the Sun's side again.


Sometimes, they would meet. But the longest was only for 11 minutes and their meeting prevented Sunggyu to shine. The Sun didn't mind, because only by seeing Woohyun, he felt like his world was complete again, because honestly, every day he spent, he felt like something was missing. Something was incomplete and he knew it was because of the Moon's absent. However, none of them had ever asked each other to come back because somehow this was the best for them, for Sunggyu and also, Woohyun.


Woohyun started to see the old Sunggyu again whenever they meet. The Sun smiled widely whenever they faced each other and no words were uttered. Loving gazes were still there from both of them but they knew they had to part. They must to. The Moon fell in love again with the old Sunggyu who was starting to appear, and he would wait for another chance for them to meet again even if it takes years. And he knew Sunggyu would do the same.

 

******

 

First story done~

I got an inspiration of this story from my English exam /slapped.

The text in the exam said the moon and the sun used to be a couple and they used to be together. But I searched for more tales of them and you could see different versions of them. And there are also the song too!