I'm thinking about you with my eyes closed

Let's seize the day, let's run away

Title    :I'm thinking about you with my eyes closed (Time by Woohyun)
Genre  :Fluff(?)
Rating  :PG-15


"Watch out!"


A scream.


A crash.


Everything goes blank.

 

 

Woohyun wakes up and the first thing he sees is a broken-white ceiling. His eyes wanders to the left where he can see the morning air makes its way inside the room. The curtain is baby blue and there are two stems of daisy  neatly placed in a slim vase. He can smell pancakes and chocolate from outside. Is someone cooking? Woohyun lets out a breath. It's there. He's alive?


His feet decides to step on the ground, and the sudden wave of coldness hits him. He doesn't stop himself from going further, nevertheless. Woohyun twists the round doorknob and creaking sound is heard from the mahony door. The young man makes a way towards the sound of clinking and that leads him to the kitchen, where he can find a taller man with light brown hair. His skin is pale and he looks like he's settling the table with warm pancakes.


"Sunggyu," the name slips out automatically from Woohyun's lips. He's even surprised at how endearing it sounds and how it feels good to say it. So he does it again. "Sunggyu.." The voice becomes slightly louder and Sunggyu finally turns to face Woohyun, and Woohyun can't help but to think that this Sunggyu guy is incredibly gorgeous.


Sunggyu forms a wide grin and his eyes shrink into crescents. "You're awake?" He steps closer and holds Woohyun's hand and God, how can a man's hand feels so soft and warm? "I made you pancakes!" Woohyun is still gazing at how Sunggyu's hand is holding his like he's used to it already, but the sight soon disappears as Sunggyu takes a seat across Woohyun.


He starts eating the freshly made pancakes and keeps his lips shut, floating between not knowing what to say or the silence is too comfortable to be broken. Sometimes he glances up at Sunggyu and he itches to touch the other man; wheter it's brushing his bang off, his cheek, twirling his fingers on his locks - he wants to feel him more, and he is craving for it.


"So, how was it?" Sunggyu smiles and when Woohyun looks at his plate, it's empty already. It ends too fast, really, and it's different from when Woohyun is in his office, waiting for lunch break to come, fingers typing on his laptop's keyboard and-


"Wonderful," Woohyun says. He can see Sunggyu beams happily before standing up and takes the dirty plate away from Woohyun's hold. "How can you make such a delicious dish?" The sudden usual greasiness blurts out from Woohyun's mouth, and it earns the younger a chuckle from Sunggyu.


"It's just a pancake, Hyunnie," Hyunnie. What a nice nickname for him, Woohyun thinks.

 

 

The next thing Woohyun knows, he's curling up with Sunggyu on the couch. They're somehow watching a drama and judging at how Sunggyu stays silent and watches it with full intense, he likes this kind of show. Woohyun doesn't complain, not a bit, because it feels right. It feels like he has been doing this for years and it's a habit for him to wrap his arms around Sunggyu's waist from behind and inhales the scent of vanilla from Sunggyu's hair. The both males squish themselves into the couch.


"What should we do today?" Sunggyu asks, of course when the drama has ended for today. Woohyun blinks. What should he do today?


"Let's have a picnic in the park,"

 

 

 

Woohyun learns Sunggyu is adorable (not just his face, but his personality too.) He really enjoys the company of the other. The words and lame jokes flow naturally from Woohyun's lips and Sunggyu laughs like it's the funniest thing ever. The pecks, the shoves of elbow, the hugs, the sweet words - Woohyun feels like he has grown with it. He is not a socially awkward guy, but he certainly never feels a sudden huge of comfort this fast with someone.


When the foods in the basket are completely done, the couple decides it's nice to take a walk around the park. It's Autumn now and the leaves are a beautiful shade of orange and brown. The chilly air makes their hands hold a little bit tighter, as the both seeking for warmth.


Woohyun catches a fallen leaf and brushes it on Sunggyu's nose, which makes him pout and shove Woohyun away in a playful manner. Woohyun laughs at the way Sunggyu stomps his feet and walks faster, leaving him behind. The young man quickly chases the other and begs for forgiveness by whispering millions of sorry against his ear, arms hugging the waist tightly from behind.


They feed the ducks next, with crumbles of bread and Sunggyu threatens Woohyun that he will shove the younger to the pond if he keeps teasing him how Sunggyu looks like the fat duck over there. Woohyun doesn't stop nevertheless, because he knows Sunggyu will never have a heart to throw him into the water.

 

 

 


At night they cuddle on bed, lights dim and limbs tangled. Sunggyu talks about the things that annoy him and Woohyun enjoys the voice that escapes from Sunggyu's lips. His fingers are running through the softness of Sunggyu's hair and Sunggyu feels sleepy because of that, telling him to stop doing so but Woohyun ignores him. "It's 11 and it's late," he claims. Sunggyu goes stubborn and repeatedly says he doesn't want to sleep but ends up dozing off inside Woohyun's embrace.

Woohyun wakes up in happiness the next day, feeling the emptiness gone from him when he sees Sunggyu sleeping peacefully. The day goes better than those stressful days he remembers. Do those days even exist? He starts to think that they are just some kind of twisted dream and now he's in his reality. Though he still needs to face paperworks from the job he has never thought he has, Woohyun feels a bliss when Sunggyu is there, loosing his tie when he gets home.

 

 

 

It happens for weeks, and months, and Woohyun wishes this is really his reality and Sunggyu will never disappear from his life. He starts to wonder how will his days feel like without Sunggyu. He is getting used to Sunggyu's kisses when he frowns, Sunggyu's smiles when he says something sweet, Sunggyu's warmth when he is hugging him, Sunggyu's touches when he is exploring Woohyun's body. It has became a habit for him to buy Sunggyu ice cream when he sulks, to order the same menu in the same restaurant for him, to walk him to rock section in music stores and Nam Woohyun hates changes.

 

 

 

It's this one night when they cuddle like usual, but Sunggyu is hugging Woohyun tighter than usual. Woohyun chuckles at the sudden protective side the older rarely shows and kisses his forehead, leaving a loving gaze on his face. "What's up?"


Sunggyu shakes head slowly, seeming still deep in thought and Woohyun starts to worry because the man is a happy-go-lucky man, at least when Woohyun is there. However, when Woohyun has opened his mouth to ask what the hell is wrong, Sunggyu looks at him deeply.
"Woohyun-ah," he says. "I love you," he continues and kisses Woohyun's lips tenderly. "Always." Woohyun isn't able to reply because in a blink of eye, Sunggyu is asleep already.


Woohyun finds it hard to sleep later on, but he does anyway at the end.

 

 

 

Woohyun finds himself in a dark room where everything is black, and he is alone - without Sunggyu to hold him and guide him the way. He looks around and sees nothing. He tries to run but no light seems to be available in the place he is currently in. When he is out of breath, he decides to sit and wait. "It's just a nightmare," he mumbles to himself. "When I wake up, Sunggyu will be there and we'll share kisses again," his voice sounds uncertain but Woohyun keeps waiting, in the darkness and coldness of nowhere.


Suddenly, he barely hears someone calling for him. Sunggyu?


"Woohyun!" The voice becomes clearer, and Woohyun stands up to find where is the source of the sound. "Woohyun! Come back to us!" It doesn't sound like Sunggyu, he thinks, but he keeps searching anyway. He wants at least someone to accompany here because this place .


The voice keeps calling him and soon there are two, or three different voices. It becomes louder and louder, but Woohyun still has no idea where they are. He keeps running but he only hears echoes. His legs are giving up on him and he is sweating everywhere. Woohyun thinks he is in a maze now - where he can't get out and this is not some kind of nightmare.


When he is about to give up, a light comes from the South and Woohyun finds hope. He uses his last strenght and runs towards the light that becomes closer and closer. The next moment, the light is engulfing him, blinding the man.

 

 

 

 

His eyes fluttered open and he can feel grips on his arms. Woohyun wanders his eyes and finds three familiar people and the rest three are doctor and nurses, judging by their uniforms. Woohyun wants to speak but he can't, so he just stares at the people he thinks are his friends because they all seem horribly familiar.


"Oh my god, Woohyun! Finally!" A figure with a pair of tall legs starts sobbing along with the person beside him, who Woohyun thinks looks like a dinosaur. The third person is silently crying too and the back of Woohyun's mind is trying to scream their name in a silent voice Woohyun can't hear.


Later on, the doctor tells Woohyun to rest and the other three are asked to let him alone, much to his relief. When he is alone in the hospital room, he feels weak because of all these medical equipments. He tries to think about those people, who cried and rant about how he finally wakes up. He wonders how long did he sleep? Is this a dream or reality? And where is Sunggyu?

 

 

 

The next morning, he can finally find his voice and fortunately, he acknowledges the names of those three.


"Sungyeol," he calls. "Dongwoo and Myungsoo," Sungyeol and Dongwoo sobs lightly again, grateful that their almost dead friend still remembers them. While Myungsoo only steps closer with a blank face, and Woohyun kind of remembers all those memories the four of them has been through.


 "I can't believe you still remember at least our names after sleeping for about 6 months," Myungsoo slightly smirks and Woohyun finds it comfortably annoying. "Don't leave us again, man. It's really lonely without you." That makes Woohyun grin sheepishly and Myungsoo seems like he wants to take his words back.


Sungyeol hugs him next, which Woohyun only winces because it's too tight and Sungyeol mutters an apologize, still in tears. Dongwoo cries harder and isn't able to even hug Woohyun and Woohyun finds the chaos is something he has missed. According to Myungsoo, he slept for six freaking months and surely, he has missed a lot of things. So they talk and Woohyun feels slightly better.


Sungyeol tells him that it's all his fault that Woohyun went into a coma, because it was him who was driving when they ran into someone and crashed. Sungyeol turns into a crying mess again and Woohyun needs to assure Sungyeol that it's fine. At least now.


It finally hits him that someone is missing.


"Sunggyu," he mumbles. "Do I know someone named Sunggyu?" The three raise their eyebrows, and Myungsoo shakes his head. Woohyun's face falls. It's impossible that Sunggyu doesn't exist in his... so called reality now, is it? Heck, he's still even  confused wheter this world is just another dream or not. He can wake up tomorrow in another place, with another people he find familiar and he has to start all over again.


"Isn't it.." Dongwoo's face is solemn, mixed with a glimpse of confusion. "Isn't it the person you and Sungyeol ran into in the accident?"


"Is he still alive?" Woohyun bites his lips. "Where is he now?" Dongwoo scratches his nape and shrugs.


"I did see the nurses bring him into this hospital too, but his injuries are as bad as yours.. so.. I have no idea if he's still breathing or not."

 

 

 


Woohyun is released from the hospital a week later. He learns that he is a director of a company and lives in a huge apartment in Seoul. He somehow remembers his routine - what should he do, what time, what he shouldn't do and so on, but still, the lingering of habit of living with Sunggyu does not live him. He refuses to forget how it feels like to be in the other's arms.


It's Spring when Woohyun trolls around the city. He remembers the unknown town when he lives with the older. The parks smell like fresh grass and the streets in the morning smells like coffees and pastries. Woohyun remembers how Sunggyu likes window shopping and ends up bringing nothing to their apartment. He remembers how Sunggyu clings onto him when he sees dogs. He remembers every details and it is planted in the back of his mind.


So when Woohyun passes the hospital once again, he goes in and tries his luck. Maybe Sunggyu is still alive? He goes to the register desk and asks about a patient name Kim Sunggyu. The nurse looks at him in a slight shock and taps her finger before asking, "Are you his relative?"


Woohyun doesn't want to lie but he knows he can't just casually say 'I'm his lover in my own dream' so he replies instead, "I'm his friend." The nurse nods and excuses herself just to bring another nurse who introduces herself as Ara.


Ara leads Woohyun to the room where Sunggyu is resting and tells a bit about the guy.


"He has been in coma for six months already," Ara starts. "I remember so well he's involved in a car accident with you, right? I'm his guardian nurse, so it's not weird if I know that," She smiles and opens the door where a pale man is sleeping peacefully. His lips aren't pink just like in Woohyun's dream but his hair still looks so soft. "You're the first one who has ever visited. I kind of pity him, does he even have a relative?" A sigh escapes from Ara's lips.


Woohyun stares at how weak and hopeless Sunggyu is right now but he is sure that it's his Sunggyu. The Sunggyu he spends his six months of coma with, and he can't keep himself to not wonder if Sunggyu is dreaming about him too right now.


Ara leaves them alone and Woohyun takes a seat beside Sunggyu's lying figure. He the back of Sunggyu's hand. Soft, yet fragile. He can feel how that hand used to brush against his and there would be some sparks that jolt Woohyun awake, though it appeared in no where beside his dream itself.


"Sunggyu.." Woohyun calls. "I know.. you might not know me when you wake up, but please," he inhales a deep breath. "Please, please, please, wake up.." It comes out with a sad and begging tone. Woohyun is able to hear how desperate he is for Sunggyu to open his eyes and even if Sunggyu asks, who is he, Woohyun will just smile widely because at least the older wakes up and alive.


Moments passed and there is still no sign Woohyun has waiting for. He decides that he should come back tomorrow and try his luck again, so the young man pushes up from the chair. A kiss on Sunggyu's forehead isn't forgotten for Woohyun give, but when he is about to go, someone holds his hand weakly.


Woohyun turns his gaze to the man on the bed, who is staring at him with his little, adorable eyes. He can feel his eyes getting wider when there is a small smile creeping on Sunggyu's pale face.


"Why.. did you disappear.. from my dream?" His voice is weak and small and Woohyun barely hears what he says but he manages to catch the words. "I was waiting.. for you.. Woohyunnie.."

- end -

 

aww yeayy happy ending o u o at first i was going to make it an angst where sunggyu has passed away already when woohyun wakes up and he can only put two daisies on sunggyu's grave, since daisy means hope (if i'm not wrong) ;;;