Complicated

From the Rabbit Hole

It was raining heavily that day. Himchan on the other hand didn’t care even when cold shivers went up his spine. His eyes scanned through the empty street as he lit another cigarette. His employer got angry with him again and even threatened to fire him if he didn’t came with something interesting enough to write about.

He hated her. First she gave him an almost impossible task, then set up a ridiculous deadline.

Himchan was definitely considering quitting and writing a horror novel of some sort. However, he still wanted the cheshires off the streets. He still wanted to know everything there was to know about them.

The journalist just wanted to go home and dry when he saw Ken walking down the street. Himchan saw that he was walking in the direction of the mental hospital.

He might have nothing yet on the cheshires, but he could give his employer something worth publishing in the mean time. The details of an escaped mental patient for instance.

The journalist made sure that there was enough room between him and the honey blond Ken. The rain was still pouring down on both of them, but only Ken had an umbrella with him. Himchan felt stupid for forgetting his and made a mental note that he had to buy some medicine later, in case he caught a cold.

 

Himchan tried walking as casually as possible. He didn't want others to think that he wasn't supposed to be there. He'd lost Ken already in the maze of hallways and was walking aimlessly through the hospital.

"Why are you here?" Himchan heard a female voice behind him ask. The journalist expected an angry nurse, but he was surprised to see a young woman with red hair. She was a patient.

"Why would I tell you that?" he snapped back at her. He was quite irritated after wandering alone for so long.

"You’re a journalist,” she stated. "You're not supposed to be here, are you? I'm Red Queen by the way," Red smiled.

"Kim Himchan," the journalist introduced himself. She possibly knew Sanhyuk and could tell him more about the runaway patient. Himchan showed her his most charming smile. “I’m here for information about Han Sanhyuk. You might know him,” he smirked.

Her eyes widened in excitement. She told him everything she knew about him. With every piece of information she came closer to Himchan. She flirted with him and he went with it. Her ebony eyes and beautiful lips captivated him.

“You know Himchan… you might need an extra pair of eyes and ears. One day they’ll catch you sneaking in,” Red paused to look around the empty hallway. “Let me be your eyes and ears.”

“What is the reason why they locked you in here?” Himchan whispered as he wrote down his number for her. Red shook her head and backed away a little.

“Poison and sisterly betrayal,” was the only thing she hissed. She snatched the paper from his hand and walked away, leaving the journalist confused behind. The whole experience followed him for the rest of the day. There was something seriously off with Red Queen.

 

“Don’t you think it’s a bad idea?” Ravi asked as Ken showed him his school uniform. “I could hurt somebody,” he added to it. However, Ken was unmerciful.

“It has been decided that you will go to a special private school and will see a psychiatrist every other day. There is still some discussion of where you’ll stay after school hours,” Hakyeon stated.

Ravi produced a low growling noise. How dared they decide over his fate? Memories suddenly flashed before his eyes.

 

“Come on Ravi, we’ll be late!” the girl called out to him. The two ran through a field of flowers made out of the most precious gemstones. The sky seemed to be a constantly moving painting. Ravi saw the sunrays reflect gold and silver on the girl’s raven hair and her eyes shimmered like sapphires.

In the middle of the field there was a circle where other children their age were present. All of them had the same blue eyes, but only the raven girl’s where the brightest to Ravi.

Then three young men appeared and everyone sat down in a perfect circle around them. All the kids had a lot of respect for them.

“So my little cheshires. Have all of you done your homework properly?” the one with the red hair asked and all the little heads nodded, except for one. “Alice, why haven’t you?” he looked disappointed at the young girl with the raven locks and sapphire eyes.

“I tried, but there’s no use trying, your majesty. One can’t believe impossible things!” the girl responded angrily. Ravi glanced at her. Was it really that hard for her to believe impossible things? Maybe it was because she wasn’t born in Wanderland like the others.

“I dare say you haven’t had much practise,” the king of hearts scolded her. “When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”

“It’s impossible,” Alice grunted. The three men looked at each other with eyes full of worry. The man with the hat and the man with porcelain skin and cat ears kneeled before her.

“Only if you believe it is,” the man in the hat remarked. The man with cat ears nodded in agreement and held Alice’s tiny hands in his own.

“The mad hatter is right. You should know… imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality. Reality is a horrible thing, Alice. It away your will to live and dream. The only thing reality does is leave you with only darkness in your heart,” he spoke. He gave Alice a warm smile and the girl smiled back.

“I will try, Leo…for you.”

For a second Ravi felt jealousy stab him right in the heart. He envied Leo for how many people adored him. Why wouldn’t Alice look at him like she looked at the Cheshire cat? Why wouldn’t the king of hearts or the mad hatter look at him with pride in their eyes, just like they had as they looked at Leo? Oh, how Ravi wanted to hear those same words from Alice, but then meant for him. I will try, Ravi… for you.

Maybe that was one of the impossible things Ravi believed in.

 

“Oh, what the hell. Let’s do it then,” he grunted.

It was just a flash, but Ravi saw the small spark of pride in both of their eyes. Maybe it wouldn’t be that bad. A small smile appeared on the teen’s face. This was maybe his second chance.

He now had another impossible thing to believe in. He believed that he could make Cha Hakyeon fall in love with him.

 


Oh gosh RAVIII

Aaaand I obviously HAD to have multiple insane characters. Plus the enormous amount of quoting (but Alice in Wonderland quotes are soo good and fit well with the story!)

How do you guys even put up with me?

Comment your thoughts on it, please...before I have to face my French teacher again.