White Rabbit

From the Rabbit Hole

Hakyeon had to take a few days off from Ken to make sure that Ravi was properly settled in. The blue haired teen was now decorating his room and Hakyeon decided to leave him alone for a while.

With nothing to do he the TV. Right at the moment an important message was on the news.

"Last night the young Han Sanhyuk escaped from the mental hospital. All citizens have to cautious and report any sightings of the patient. He is extremely dangerous and do not approach him. Immediately contact the police," the news reporter spoke as a picture of a pale blond teen appeared on the screen.

Hakyeon squinted his eyes. The boy seemed vaguely familiar, but that was obviously impossible. How could such a boy even be dangerous?

At that moment Ravi entered the living room. He liked Hakyeon’s apartment, it was cosy and decorated with a lot of red and white. He unpacked his few belongings in the spare room. All he had was an extra pair of clothes and a necklace with a small flask. The flask was made out of an odd shining material and it had a label saying: drink me. He didn’t know what was in it, but he knew that one day he’d had to drink it. Ravi was uncertain about when or where, but that time would come.

He was just in time to see the picture of Sanhyuk and the reporter talking.

“White Rabbit!” Ravi exclaimed, which made Hakyeon jump up. The recent events made the brunet anxious. He glared at the blue haired teen, but he didn’t seem to notice the angry look. He was too focused on the television screen. After the reporter was done talking, Ravi turned off the TV and turned to Hakyeon as if nothing had happened. “I need to go shopping. Will you come with me?”

 

Ken walked through the halls of the mental hospital. The place had the creepy vibes all over it. It was one of the oldest mental hospitals still standing, yet Ken was afraid to walk into some ghost or find blood on the floor.

“This was his room Mr Lee,” the nurse opened the door and revealed a room with light blue walls covered with texts. “He was one of our most troubled patients. That poor boy, he’d sometimes scream in the middle of the night. He was afraid of most of our staff. He said that we’d torture him. I cannot imagine what kind of life he had before he landed here,” the nurse muttered while Ken inspected the walls. The most common things written on the walls were: never follow, hide for Hyde and back to Wanderland.

“Do you know what these mean?” he asked the nurse. She shook her head.

“Sanhyuk kept on talking about Wanderland and how it was infected by someone or something called Hyde. He claimed to see it lurking in his room. He was so scared of it that we had to restrain him sometimes. I can still remember the tears streaming down his cheeks, screaming that he didn’t want to be alone with it,” she stated and shook her head in grief for the teen. Ken thanked her for the information and left to talk to Sanhyuk’s psychiatrist.

 

It was late when Hakyeon’s head finally hit his pillow. Ravi was mentally and physically exhausting. The brunet still felt uncomfortable around him. He quickly sank into a deep sleep.

Hakyeon was standing in a large room, seemingly made of giant cards.  He saw himself, but he was different. His hair had the colour of blood and his irises were jet black. The clothes were also different. They seemed to be from another time era, much older.

The other Hakyeon was trembling with rage. On the floor lay a pale boy with blond hair. He was dressed in white.

The other Hakyeon was kicking the poor boy. He was already coughing up blood, staining his snow white jacket.

"You were late! How dare you to embarrass me like that?" The other Hakyeon growled. The blond boy could barely speak and yelped in pain with every kick.

"Stop this madness!" a man with dark hair and electric blue eyes appeared out of nowhere behind the redhead. "Rabbit, you are dismissed," he spoke to the boy and helped him up on his feet. Hakyeon now saw the two rabbit ears on the boy's head. Rabbit bowed for the man and hurried away.

"What are you doing here, Leo Cheshire?" the other Hakyeon asked, not liking that his victim got away.

Hakyeon backed away when he heard the name. Cheshires were dangerous after all.

Leo smiled as he pecked the other Hakyeon's lips. The redhead was flustered by the sudden act of affection.

"What am I doing here, do I need a valid reason to see my lover? What happened my dear N, why is the king of hearts upset?" Leo put his hands on N's hips and planted soft kisses on his neck.

"I feel this rage, but I honestly don't know why. There is this... Darkness inside of me," N sighed tiredly. "I've always felt it, only it recently started growing. I hate myself."

"Don't say that, love. I adore all of you, including your darkness," Leo cooed and N's hair.

"You don't understand. Hyde hates you. He hates all who are Jekyll. What if he makes me hurt you?"

 

Ravi woke up in the middle of the night by an odd noise. It was coming from Hakyeon's bedroom. He sneaked through the hallway on his toes, careful to not make any noise.

As Ravi quietly opened the door, he saw Hakyeon peacefully curled up in his bed sheets, and a tall figure looming its dark shadow over the sleeping brunet.

The figure noticed Ravi standing in the door opening and stared at him with its gigantic obsidian eyes with a look that burned right through his already damaged soul.

A terrifyingly grotesque grin formed on the figure's face. The corners of its mouth almost reached its cheekbones, revealing two rows of sharp, white teeth.

The figure leaned closer until its face was only centimetres from Hakyeon's. It eagerly its lips as it inhaled the brunet's scent.

Ravi leaped over the bed and attacked the figure. The two rolled out of the room through the other door into the living room. Strangely enough neither of them was making a sound.

Ravi finally got the figure under him. However, as Ravi's fingers tightened around the figure's throat, it spoke.

"Kill me, your friend will die the same death, as for I am his Hyde," the figure hissed.

Ravi was perplexed by those words. The figure used the moment to throw his opponent off him, slamming Ravi against a wall with a loud thump. The figure then made its escape by jumping through a window, shattering the glass in the process.

Not long after that Ken came from his own bedroom with a gun in his hands. He was surprised to find Ravi unconscious on the floor and a broken window. He was even more surprised that his friend was still sleeping soundly, as if nothing had ever happened.

 

In the morning Hakyeon woke up to find the other two already awake. Ravi had a ice pack pressed against his head. He kept on staring at Hakyeon as if he was some sort of alien.

"What I still don't understand is why it jumped through the window. It should be dead after falling from the 10th floor," Ken mumbled between bites.

"Will you finally tell me what you're talking about? What is it?" Hakyeon angrily asked.

There was a mutual hesitation between Ken and Ravi as they looked at each other. Ravi sighed and explained what had happened that night. Just like with Ken, he left out the description if the intruder and what the figure had told him.

Hakyeon paled and started shaking. He thought about the dream he had. It was so real and vivid. It felt more like a memory. Hakyeon decided to keep it to himself.

"What did it want? Do you know who or what it was?" he asked with a shaky voice. Neither Ken nor Ravi knew the answer.

 


Now this is an interesting chapter. I reccomend listening to White Rabbit (the nightcore sounds better to me) I got the inspiration for Hyuk's character from that song.

Any questions? Please ask.

Love y'all!