ChoMi/BomiXSojin - Let's Not Fall In Love 3/5

Pink Panda Story Collections

January 2014

Eunji’s POV

 

“Don’t you look into my eyes and lie again, I’m sick of being alone…”

 

Bomi was openly staring at the TV screen with slightly parted. Her eyes were fixed on the screen without blinking and I just hope she didn’t stop breathing as well. Few minutes earlier she was squirming like a worm as she impatiently waits for the release of Girl’s day’s music video for their comeback song, Something. Now she’s just sitting on the couch, frozen.

 

“Yah, Yoon Bomi!” I shouted from the kitchen as I was still busy preparing our midnight snack. The two of us were supposed to watch a movie after the release of the music video. A minute have passed and she hasn’t hollered back and so I decided to approach her just to witness her staring closely at the screen, replying the music video for the nth time.

 

“Yah Bbom ah, stop gawking at Sojin unnie like a creep.”

 

She finally snapped out of her trance as she tears her eyes away from the screen to look at me, “daebak…” She smiled at me like a lovesick fool and the small amount of irritation I was harboring for her lack of focus vanished just like that. She was unexpectedly cute being all so giddy and infatuated and I’m quite delighted knowing that Sojin unnie has somewhat earned a spot in Bomi’s heart despite the latter’s extreme denial. 

 

“You’re a lovesick fool.” I teased and she beamed at me with no effort to contest what I just said.

 

“So, shall we watch a movie now, I’m starving? Where are the popcorn and the drinks?” In a matter of seconds she descended from heaven and returned to the old Bomi that I knew and my curiosity had me following her line of sight just to meet Chorong unnie’s eyes. Of course.

 

 

--

 

 

“It was too racy. Totally not my style.” Chorong unnie answered candidly and the spark in Namjoo’s eyes disappeared in an instant. I saw Bomi’s jaw tighten and I’m not sure if I should just in to change the topic. We were eating breakfast together when Namjoo opened up about the new ‘talk of the town’, the same music video Bomi was gawking at last night.

 

“You and Hayoung were not even supposed to watch it since you’re too young to watch racy stuff like that.” Chorong unnie added rubbing salt into Bomi’s wound. I was about to finally in when I heard Bomi hissed.

 

“Racy stuff?” Bomi’s eyes sharpened as she met Chorong unnie’s eyes. I almost chocked on my drink when the realization hit me. Did Bomi just glared at Chorong unnie? I had to make a double check as I carefully glanced at Bomi’s direction. I know I’m not supposed to be happy about this but Bomi is being a freakin’ badass right now I just can’t…aigoo.

 

“When Sistar’s Alone came up, you were freakin’ ecstatic about it. But when other groups came up with the same concept, it’s racy?” Bomi had never raised her voice before and it made the room quiet. Namjoo decided to focus on her food as she silently settled down to her chair. Hayoung stop eating altogether and was just staring openly at Bomi. Naeun was also cautiously watching Bomi with her right hand clasped on Bomi’s arm, as if to calm her down.

 

“Yah, Yoon Bomi, did you just raise your voice at me?” Chorong was already standing up with her hands on top of the table, shock evident on her face. Pain lingered in her eyes for a moment before she decided to look at anything else other than Bomi and I would have missed the hurt in her face if I had just blink for a second.

 

Bomi had somehow lost her mind for a moment but when she came to her senses, she muttered a low and soft “I’m sorry.”

 

“And there’s nothing wrong with what I said, it’s racy and lewd or whatever and it’s inappropriate for Namjoo and Hayoung and even Naeun to watch it. I think it’s a bit desperate on Girl’s Day’s part actually, but hey, it’s topping the charts!”

 

And when I thought Chorong unnie would be the mature one to let this thing go before it went more awry, if that’s even possible, she began talking compellingly fueling the fire in Bomi’s eyes. Chorong unnie was never the type to stoop that low and I’m  not sure as to where her bitterness is coming from.

 

“And so you’re just gonna shun everybody else’s opinion just because you think you are right? Notwithstanding the fact that you might actually hurt them?”

 

Bomi was also standing up ignoring Naeun who was trying to calm her down.

 

“And who did I hurt? You?” Chorong laughed mockingly, daunting Bomi and driving her to the edge.

 

“Yes, you did! You hurt me for looking down at someone I care about. You think they’re desperate? You think they’re comeback is inappropriate? Well I don’t give a damn! Just don’t push your view on us like we don’t have our own and stop, just please stop belittling them like that because you don’t know anything about them.”

 

Bomi took one last glance at me, mouthing an apology before leaving the kitchen and eventually leaving the dorm. Chorong marched to her room soon after and I was left with the three bewildered members, gawking at me for an explanation but I could only raise my hands in frustration.

 

“Don’t ask me. I’m just as dazed as you all are.”

 

 

--

 

 

Sojin was staring at Bomi like nothing else matter but her. Bomi was still sulking on her chair and was staring at anything else but her. Bomi just finished telling her what happened that morning and Sojin gave Bomi few minutes to cool down.

 

“How about you, Bbom-ah, what do you think of our comeback?” She was still staring intently at Bomi and with all the courage Bomi could muster, she stared back at her. She was silent for a while, considering what she’s about to say.

 

“I think it was great. It was y, I mean it’s a y concept afterall but I would never consider it as racy or lewd. It was y, but in a sophisticated and elegant way. I think you all looked great. It was you…I mean it was Girl’s day afterall. I…I love it.”

 

Bomi looked so shy and self-conscious and Sojin just wanted to hug her at that very moment. A smile appeared on her face as she reached out to hold Bomi’s face with her warm hands.

 

“What you think is all that matters.”

 

The corner of Bomi’s lips tugged upward and seconds later she was beaming at Sojin like an idiot. She scratched the back of her head while giving out a relieved sigh.

 

“But Bbom-ah, I think you should go home now.” Sojin was still smiling delicately at her while Bomi creased her brows in confusion.

 

“Are you mad?”

 

Sojin let out a small chuckle. “No I’m not, you silly. I just want you to go home so that you can apologize to Chorong. I think she’s more of the traditional and conservative type so somehow I understand where she’s coming from. And it’s not like it’s my first type hearing negative remarks about our comeback.”

 

“But…”

 

“Bbom ah…” Sojin’s hand finds its way into Bomi’s hand, resting it on top of hers. “I know you’re mad at Chorong but what you did back there - standing up against her and raising your voice at her in front of the other members – what you did might have hurt her feelings…a lot. No matter how mad you were and how wrong you think she was, I think she deserves your respect especially in front of your younger members. She’s your leader after all.” Sojin squeezed Bomi’s hand lightly before clearing . “I’m a leader too and so I know what it feels. I would have kicked you out of the dorm if I was Chorong.” Sojin let out a small chuckle before nudging the frozen girl in front of her. “Yah, I’m just kidding. I might slap you but I won’t kick you out of the dorm. Our agency would have kicked me out as well.” She started laughing again and Bomi sighed heavily, shaking her head at Sojin’s dry sense of humor.

 

“So, what does Chorong likes?”

 

“What? Chicken feet? Why?”

 

“Yah, why do you always think of food and why must it be chicken feet of all food? Anyway, you need a peace offering.” Sojin winked at her. “You need an offering to atone you sin.” She teased and before Bomi could complain, Sojin is already dragging her out of the coffee shop and into her car. “So let’s go buy some chicken feet for your Chorong unnie.”

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

 

A/N: Hi guys, I'm so sorry for such a short chapter and for the angst. I'll make it up to you guys on the next chapter. Also, I'm sorry for making Chorong the bad guy in this chapter, like what I've done in the first story, I'll redeem her in the next chapter...or not. ;) I also apologize for any errors since I wrote it in a haste, I'll edit the chapter later on. I think I somehow changed the direction of the story and I'm really sorry for messing up a little bit.

I would  like to thank you all for reading and enjoying my story despite my very late updates. I hope you'll stick with me until the last chapter of this story. Thank you guys.