ChoMi/BomiXSojin - Let's Not Fall In Love 2/5

Pink Panda Story Collections

December 2013

 

Bomi’s POV

 

Sojin unnie pulled me into a tight hug right after we decided to take a break. “Our Bomi is so cute! How could you be so cute when you’re dancing a y song!” Sojin unnie squealed as she pinched my cheek.

 

“Ah unnie…my cheek hurts…”

 

“Bomi-ah reminds me of Pikachu, that’s why.”

 

She was about to pinch my cheeks again when I decided to launch back, avoiding her slender fingers. “Unnie, please stop, my cheeks can’t take it anymore.”

 

“Arasso, since Bomi is so cute like that I’ll let your cheeks rest.” She winked teasingly at me.

 

“But I want to be y too, like Sojin unnie.” I pouted earning a y chuckle from the y Girl’s day leader.

 

“Alright, I understand. But you shouldn’t force yourself to be y. It would come out naturally if you don’t think about it too much. You’re still young, Bomi-ah, I think you should enjoy your cute and fresh concepts first while you’re at the peak of your youth.”

 

“I feel bad for unnie. It’s sad that you can’t do cute and fresh concepts anymore.” I smiled mischievously at her and before I know it she was already pinching my poor cheeks with her legs latched around my waist, preventing me from running away.

 

“Yah, are you trying to say that I’m old now?”

 

I started laughing and she burst into laughter few seconds later.

 

 

--

 

 

Sojin unnie insisted on driving me home since we finished a bit too late. Before dropping me off, she asked for my number, saying she’ll treat me to a nice meal someday when we got a chance to hang out.

 

 

--

 

 

Eunji’s POV

 

I just came out from the shower when I heard something ringing. I searched for my phone and found it lying on top of my drawer. Ah, it must be coming from Bomi’s phone. I took out Bomi’s phone from my bag and when I realized that it was Chorong unnie who was calling, I answered it immediately.

 

“Eunji-ah? Why do you have Bomi’s phone?”

 

“I accidentally took her phone when I was packing my things awhile back.” I reasoned out and she hummed an okay before hanging up. Few minutes later, I heard Chorong calling out and so I walked out of the room I shared with Bomi and found Chorong unnie at our doorstep. She’s wearing a black hoody jacket matched with black jeans.

 

“Are you going out?” I squinted at her but she avoided by gaze, nevertheless, she nodded and started walking away.

 

“I’m meeting a friend.”

 

I followed her and sat at the couch in the living room as I watched her put her shoes on. Friend? Yeah right. She’s meeting Suho for sure. I don’t hate the idea of Chorong unnie dating but I wish she could just be a bit more considerate to us, and especially to Bomi. “Why are you calling Bomi then?”

 

 “Oh, I just wanna ask her if she want me to fetch her later after I meet my friend.”

 

I grimaced inwardly. “Don’t worry about her unnie. I heard Sojin unnie offered to drive her home.”

 

“I see. At least I won’t have to worry about her. Gotta go then.” She gave me a quick smile before heading out.

 

“Please be careful.” I muttered and she turned around meeting my gaze. She had this guilty look on her face, like she had been caught or something.

 

“What?”

 

“I said be careful.” Please don’t get caught.

 

 

--

 

 

It was almost eleven when Bomi arrived at the dorm. I was busy flipping through different channels in search for anything interesting when the front door swung open, revealing a tired Bomi.

 

“Yo…welcome back.” I greeted but she headed straight to the kitchen. She furiously moaned when she found an almost empty refrigerator.  She sighed at the sight of our poor fridge as she crouched down to grab a box of milk.

 

With a glass of milk in her hand, she joined me in the living room, sitting down next to me.

 

“I somehow regretted rejecting Sojin unnie’s offer for a late dinner.”

 

I sighed heavily in response before staring at the glass of milk in her hand. We barely eat at home lately. We would usually eat outside before heading home leaving our refrigerator empty most of the time.

 

“Oh, do you want some milk?” She offered her almost empty glass and I rolled my eyes, smacking her in the arm.

 

“That was rude Bomi-ah, declining a free dinner.” I teased and she nodded furiously, patting her grumbling stomach.

 

“Here.” I handed her phone and she stared inanely at me.

 

“I took your phone accidentally while packing my stuff awhile back.” I stated, stressing the word accidentally. “Chorong called several times but I was taking a shower so I missed few of her calls.”

 

She stared blankly at her phone before clutching it tightly with her hand.

 

“She went out to meet a friend which I’m guessing is Suho.” I added and she just nodded.

 

She chugged her milk, finishing it at one gulp before heading back to the kitchen. She’s a lot calmer now than she was before everytime Chorong went out to meet Suho. Day by day she had managed to control her feelings and it made me a little bit happy for her. She’s becoming more mature as time pass.

 

“Eunji-ah, what do you think of Sojin unnie?” Bomi asked once she’s back from the kitchen with another glass of milk. I stared at her and she held my gaze as she waits for my response.

 

“I’m not really sure since we barely interact with each other but I heard that she’s really nice.”

 

She smiled amusingly at my response and after a satisfied nod, she gave me a thumbs up.

 

“Sojin unnie is the best.”

 

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

 

 

 

Chorong POV

 

Gayo Daejun concerts which are held by the three major TV channels are end of the year performance shows that provide fans with the opportunity to watch hours of programming featuring their favorite artists on one stage. KBS, MBC, and SBS’ daejun concert always deliver special performances and collaborations from idol groups and other Korean artists. We used to watch these concerts at home when we were young and we began dreaming to become singers while watching our seniors’ performances on tv. After years of hard work and training, we finally had the chance to stand and perform at the same stage with senior groups and artists.

 

We will kick off this year’s end of the year performances through SBS Gayo wherein we would be collaborating with Girl’s day for a cute and y special performance. I’m not really inclined into performing y choreographies and I’m a bit conservative, not liking racy concepts but since it was for a year-end performance I decided to take this up as a challenge.

 

We were heading to Seoul Samsung-dong COEX Hall D, the venue for the SBS Gayo, for the final rehearsal before the concert which will be held tonight, when I noticed Bomi squirming on her seat. She looked so thrilled and animated, like a kid who’s going to meet Santa Claus. She kept on nagging the maknae, expressing how excited she was to meet Sojin unnie. How did they become close after just one meeting? She might be straightforward but Bomi isn’t the type to open up easily, especially to a stranger. Even Bomi and I took quite a long time to become really close.

 

“Yah Yoon Bomi, I’ll throw you out of the window if you won’t stay still.” I saw Eunji throwing a deadly glare at Bomi but Bomi only smiled mischievously at her.

 

“Bbom-ah…” I called out and she hesitantly looked my way, “stop disturbing the others. We’re almost here so you could finally see your Sojin unnie.” The last part sounded so bitter and I mentally slap myself for sounding like a jealous puppy. I’m not even jealous. Why should I even be jealous?

 

--

 

Bomi hopped her way into the rehearsal area, humming into Expectation as she makes her way towards the Girl’s day’s leader. She greeted her vigorously and they share a short but tight hug before she glanced our way, hollering us over.

 

We greeted each other shortly and began preparing for the rehearsal few minutes after. We barely had the chance to talk but Bomi seemed to be satisfied. She exclaimed her excitement when Girl’s day took turn to perform our song, No No No. She started cheering for the Girl’s day’s leader while the other members hassled at her to shut up.

 

After their turn, Sojin unnie approached Bomi and gave her a high five. She began reminding Bomi not to be too ual, telling her to keep it simple and y at the same time. We started performing their song as they watched us from the backstage. I caught a glimpse of Sojin unnie staring openly at Bomi and I felt a sudden jab in my chest. I started to lose my focus and keep messing up the whole time.

 

“Unnie, are you not feeling well?”

 

I felt Bomi’s hand around my arm but I swat it away, as I started to feel concerted for no apparent reason. “I’m fine, stop bugging me.” I stated before walking away, clenching my fist. Just go to your Sojin unnie, you liked her better anyway.

 

 

--

 

 

Bomi’s P.O.V

 

We were watching Girl’s day’s special performance with Vixx at the backstage when I first found myself confused. They were performing a cover of Trouble Maker’s hit song, Now. They took turn after we finished performing the remix version of No No No. My eyes instantly trailed towards Sojin unnie from the very beginning and they remained glued to her throughout their performance. I felt like the world narrowed down to just me and Sojin unnie and I had to get a hold of myself before I got into a blackhole which is Sojin.

 

The whole idea of being mesmerized and not in control of your own actions is fascinating. Time stopped its course, leaving you frozen and unmoved. You were left breathless and you gasp for air only to chock it up upon the sight of her smile. You fell into a trap with no one to save you but yourself.

 

“Earth to Bomi?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Eunji threw me a mischievous smile, leaning in to whisper in my ears. “You’re drooling.”

 

The back of my hand worked its way into the corner of my lips promptly, wiping the imaginary drool in my face. “I’m not.”

 

“Then close your mouth or you’ll start drooling anytime soon.” She peered at me, “That would be pretty embarrassing especially in front of Sojin unnie.”

 

I started to heat up, feeling a little bit embarrassed. I smacked Eunji on the arm and she snickered at me. She had been teasing me with Sojin unnie lately and despite denying it a hundred times, she kept on insisting that I’ve fallen over heals with Sojin unnie. How could that even be possible when I’m still unconventionally in love with Chorong unnie.

 

“Bbom-ah…”

 

I felt a chill on my spine, feeling nervous all of a sudden. The moment I laid eyes on her, the feeling of guilt rushed through me. I found myself feeling mortified for laying my eyes on Sojin unnie longingly when Chorong unnie was just right next to me. It felt like I’ve cheated on her and I felt bad despite the fact that Chorong unnie doesn’t even love me.

 

“Unnie…” I smiled at her as I reach for her hand. I pulled her away from the temping sight of Sojin unnie and she held my hand, interlacing her fingers into mine. This is where my heart belongs. It belongs to Chorong unnie and only to her.

 

 

--

 

“Is there something in my face?”

 

Eunji, who was sitting across from me, narrowed her eyes at me, contemplating. She had been throwing accusing glares at me and I wonder what I did this time. Ignoring her drama, I reached out to grab her untouched cup of ice cream but she slapped by hand away before I can even touch the tip of the cup.

 

“You went out with Sojin unnie without telling me?”

 

“It was just a simple dinner. I told you she made a promise to treat me once we got the chance to hang out to compensate for the late dance practice we had before.” I made sure I sounded casual, like having dinner with Sojin is a big thing anyway.

 

“You didn’t tell Chorong unnie either…” A sly smile crept on her face as my brows creased together. “because you feel like you’re cheating on her everytime Sojin unnie came into picture.” Here she goes again, throwing accusations in my face.

 

“That’s not true.” I raised my voice for a bit, suddenly feeling defensive and when I thought she’d feel bad, I saw her snicker before putting a mouthful of ice cream in . What did I do in my past life to have a friend like her?

 

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

 

 

 

January 2014

 

“It was so absurd, fighting over things like that. Can she just accept my opinion even if it clashes with hers? I can’t believe she got mad at me for disagreeing with her.” I shoved a large chunk of cake in my mouth as I kept on mumbling while the girl in front of smiled adoringly at me.

 

“Hey, slow down or you’ll choke on your food.” She pushed her drinks towards me and I drained the glass of iced tea in one sip before looking up to gawk at Sojin unnie who’s eating her cake in the exact opposite manner of the way I eat. She’s prim and proper and in spite of her clumsiness at times, she remained graceful.

 

“You’re starring again.”

 

“I just feel bad that you have to drive all the way here just to hear me whine despite your packed schedule.” I sulked as I stared at my empty plate.

 

“It’s okay. Why did the two of you fight anyway?” She eyed me cautiously and I fought myself not to stare back at her. I bit my lip in hesitation before letting out a sigh.

 

“We fought because of you, unnie.”