NaMi (BoNa) - Tell Me You Love Me 3/4

Pink Panda Story Collections

Soundtrack:

 

Bomi was called to the office by their CEO and she had no idea why. They’re in the middle of their dance rehearsal for the upcoming dream concert when she was called in.

 

“Bbom-ah, the CEO wants you in his office. Now.” Kungfu Panda announced and the rest of the members flashed curious looks at her.

 

“Yah, Bbom-ah, did you do something wrong? Are you in trouble?” Eunji was worried and it was evident on the way she watched Bomi get ready to meet their CEO.

 

“Am I? I don’t remember doing anything wrong.” She looked calm, cheerful even.

 

“Let’s not be negative about this…it could be a solo project.” For the first time, Naeun chose to be the optimistic one and Hayoung and Namjoo decided to go along with her as they nod their heads in agreement.

 

Chorong was silent though and when Bomi glanced her way for some comfort, she looked away, not meeting Bomi’s eyes. That’s when Bomi realized something was wrong. “Could it be because of that?” She bit her lip and shrugged off the thought before it sinks in. “No way…Chorong would never…”

 

“Bbom-ah…let’s go.” Their manager pulled her away and she waved at her members with a smile she could manage despite her distress.

 

-

 

Their CEO leaned on his seat with a serious look. Bomi was standing across his desk with her eyes on the floor. She’s finally convinced that she’s indeed in trouble when their CEO greeted her with a stern look. She just hoped it was not because of that. That secret. Her secret.

 

“You are aware we’re planning another comeback for A Pink soon, right?” His voice was soft and gentle but it couldn’t hide the fact that’s he’s somewhat disappointed or even frustrated at the girl in front of her.

 

“Yes sir.” Bomi nodded. She was still looking at the floor even if she doesn’t want to because of the tears she’s holding back. She started crying before she even knew why.

 

“Your comeback date might coincide with the upcoming National Taekwondo Competition yet you decided to join without telling us.” He tried his best to sound cheerful. But somehow the flatness, the frustration, found its way into his voice.

 

“It’s not yet final sir. I could still withdraw if you want me to.”

 

“You should and you would.” He was partly annoyed but a little apologetic too. He Knew Bomi’s passion for Taekwondo. It was her first love.

 

“Chorong thinks it’s the right thing to do and you should too.”

 

And that’s when Bomi’s tears gained meaning. The tears she’s holding back poured down and Bomi felt like she would choke at her own breathing. She blinked through her tears as she bit her lip in order to stop herself from bursting.

 

Bomi shed tears not because she had to withdraw from the competition she’d been preparing for secretly for the past six months. She shed tears because Chorong promised not to tell anyone, not until she had the courage to tell their CEO about it personally. She kept her secret from everyone but decided to tell Chorong because she trusted her so much. Too much. Chorong supported her decision and she thought she would till the end. But she was wrong.

 

 

-

 

“I’m back.” She exclaimed cheerfully, too cheerfully, as she enters their practice room. She finally returned after two hours of hostility. The other members, who were sitting on the floor taking a break from the long practice, looked up and watched her worriedly as she squat on the floor next to Naeun. They’re all aware of Bomi’s predicament. Apparently, Chorong already told them about it after she was called in.

 

 Bomi wanted to be in anyplace but there practice room but she had no choice but to return. She rested her head on Naeun’s lap, the only girl she could find comfort with at that moment, and closed her eyes with the need to drift away.

 

“Unnie, are you okay?” The younger girl gawked down at her anxiously. Bomi opened her eyes to meet the younger girl’s warm but worried eyes. She opened but no words came out. No words can describe how wronged she felt at that moment. How broken she was. How upset and disappointed she was. In the end, she could only stare at Naeun’s dark eyes, searching for the comfort she badly needed.

 

She reached out and cupped Naeun’s face with her cold hand. “I’m fine.”

 

 

-

 

 

“Time to go home, kids.” Kungfu panda stuck her head on the door as she asks the girls to get ready to leave. They quietly obliged, not saying any word. They were set to go when Chorong spoke up, finally breaking the painful silence enclosing the room.

 

“Yoon Bomi…let’s talk.” With a shaky breath and a forced smile, she walked beside her and when Bomi didn’t move from where she stood, Chorong’s right hand shot out to clasp at Bomi’s wrist. “We need to talk.”

 

Bomi dragged her hand from Chorong’s grip and bent her head down, closing her eyes and breathing deeply. Chorong and the rest of the girls watched her patiently, worried for her next words.

 

“It was a mistake," Bomi took a step back as she places her hand over her heart because it had begun to hurt.  “But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.” She looked up with an indifferent expression on her face.

 

“I’m sorry.” Chorong took a step forward, slowly walking towards her again. The tears were slowly forming in her eyes but she held them back as best as she could. She knew Bomi would be hurt by her decision to disclose the younger girl’s secret to their CEO but she didn’t realize she had sacrificed Bomi’s trust on her for A Pink’s sake. A Pink should always be her first priority ahead of herself, ahead of Bomi and she was convinced she was doing the right thing the day she told their CEO about Bomi’s plan to join the tournament. But being caught at this painful moment, she realized she was wrong. She might lose her. She’s losing her.

 

Bomi fixed her cold gaze at her, “To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved, remember?” She scoffed at her, “It was you who told me that. How ironic, isn’t it?”

 

The other kids are watching and so Chorong fought hard to keep her expression in check. She wanted to reach out and hug her tight but she stood still gasping as the oxygen seemed to leave the room.

 

Bomi didn’t mind the fact that Chorong never visited her in the hospital when she was confined due to heavy fever. It didn’t matter that only the three youngest members stayed with her and looked after her for the past two days of confinement. Chorong was busy, so was Eunji, and she understand.

 

Eunji, however, made sure to call her every time she had the chance, checking up on her when Chorong failed to do so. Still, she let it pass. She might be tired because she’s working too hard on her first serious drama role. She convinced herself and made sure she understand.

 

Bomi didn’t mind the fact that she could only see Chorong during the night and could only say goodnight because of their conflicting schedule. It will pass. Her drama would end soon and everything will be back to normal. She stated. She hoped.

 

She didn’t mind the fact that Chorong no longer cook breakfast for them. She would be gone for filming before the others woke up. Bomi would do the cooking and Hayoung and Namjoo would lend a hand sometimes. Naeun, on the other hand, would assist her, all the time. And so Bomi didn’t mind at all.

 

She let everything slip and she tries to understand everything. Anything. She’s willing to wait. She promised her she would wait.

 

March 3, 2012

 

It was Chorong’s birthday when Bomi decided to finally confess her feelings to the older girl. She didn’t mind being rejected. She just had to let it go or it will kill her. The wanting and the anticipation would kill her. And so she did, she finally confessed.

 

“Bbom-ah…” Chorong was holding back her tears. She reached out and hugged the younger girl. She felt the same way. She also has feelings for the younger girl but she’s not ready yet. The two of them are not yet ready. She had responsibilities. They both have responsibilities, to their members and their fans. And so she asked Bomi to wait, she told her that she loves her too but a relationship was impossible and Bomi has to wait.

 

“I will wait. I promise.”

 

Two years have passed and Bomi kept her promise. But it didn’t mean Chorong could break her heart, her trust. Park Chorong took and broke her heart. And now…

 

Bomi looked at her briefly in disdain. “I entrusted my heart to you without reservation because I trusted you. Loved you. I waited for you but you chose to break my heart.”

 

“Unnie…”

 

“Bbom-ah…”

 

They were taken aback by the Bomi they’re witnessing in front of them. She had never raised her voice to anyone, especially to Chorong. Not until today.

 

“Now, I’ll make sure you give it back to me in one piece.”

 

-

-

-

-

-

 

A/N: My ChoMi heart is broken because of me. How stupid of me...

Anyway, one more chapter to go before I start with the new story. Please look forward to Tell Me You Love Me's finale. I hope you enjoyed reading.