NaMi (BoNa) - Tell Me You Love Me 4/4

Pink Panda Story Collections

A/N: I'm so sorry for the very long hiatus. I've been through a lot last year and was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Depression (so scary, I know) and so I was adviced to take a break and rest for awhile. Right now I'm doing well and is writing again, finally. I had to rewrite the finale though since I lost all my files. I hope you'll like it. Have fun reading!

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Bomi lay still on her bed without any thoughts in particular. She just wanted to drift away for her not to think about the painful reality. For her not to think about what happened that day. For her not to think about Chorong. She shut her eyes close as the pain starts to linger in her heart again.

 

“Unnie…” Namjoo stuck her head from the lower level of their double deck bed so that she could take a glimpse of the older girl. Bomi snapped her eyes opened and was welcomed by an unfamiliar wall. It has been two weeks since she moved in with Namjoo to avoid any unnecessary encounter with Chorong. She moved in the day they clashed. The day her heart was broken. The day she declared that she’s taking her heart back from Chorong.

 

She rolled on the other side of the bed so that she could face the younger girl who was staring at her cautiously. She gave her a look as if encouraging her to continue whatever it is that she wanted to tell her.

 

“Just end this already.”  There was a hint of impatience in Namjoo’s voice but she made sure not to sound impulsive. Things were never the same since that day and it was hard for all of them. Their dorm which was filled with delight and laughter was occupied with hostility and silence. “Just make up with her and move on so that you can move out of my room and we could all move on with our lives.” Namjoo had always been the straightforward one. She’s also thoughtful but when she’s driven by a right cause, she’d be direct and upfront.

 

Bomi smiled at her earnestly. She arranges the thoughts on her mind so that she could make Namjoo understand that it’s not easy. She had a speech prepared in case any of the members confront her but she pushed it at the back of her mind and smiled at her instead. “In time, Namjoo.” Bomi reached out and took the younger girl’s hand. She gently pressed it on her heart and beamed at her. “When the wounds in my heart heal, I promise I’ll make things right and move on. But it’s not as easy as it seems so give me time, okay.”

 

Namjoo could see the pain in her unnie’s eyes and it made her sad. She blinks as the tears starts to swell in her eyes. She missed the loud and laidback Yoon Bomi that she used to know. “I just want the old unnie back…” She burst out, “I miss you, unnie.”

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

 

 

After weeks of being broken, Bomi realized the perks of having a broken heart.

 

Bomi began to notice how considerate and understanding the other members are towards her and her predicament. Eunji would still hang out with Bomi despite her busy drama filming and it made Bomi feel special. Hayoung never failed to laugh at Bomi’s jokes even when she’s tired and it boosts Bomi’s confidence. Namjoo would spend time with her setting aside all the medical dramas she loves to watch. They’d go out together for their food ventures and it made Bomi more comfortable and relaxed. Naeun who’s always tranquil and reserved started revealing another side of her the other members are not used to. She’d crack jokes once in a while and would go as far as copying Namjoo’s famous mimicries and though her jokes are lame and her impersonations are worth gagging at, Bomi would still laugh at them, acknowledging Naeun’s effort of risking her image and pride just to make her smile and to make her happy.

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

 

 

“Maybe this is not a very good idea.”  Naeun mused as she sat uncomfortably inside the café Namjoo and Bomi agreed to meet at.

 

“Unnie, just tell her I overslept, okay? I’m almost done with the medical drama I’m watching and I can’t afford to leave right now. What if the patient died and I’m out with Bomi unnie? I won’t be able to forgive myself if that happens.” Namjoo made her lame excuse sounds so convincing and Naeun could only raise her hands in defeat. She knew how Namjoo’s fondness for medical dramas is no joke and so she ended up agreeing to the younger girl’s request. Namjoo was supposed to meet Bomi for another food venture date but she pulled out at the very last minute.

 

 

“So, shall we order now?”

 

Naeun blinked at her. Suddenly she’s attentive to the girl sitting across from her. Bomi laughed as she shook her head, “You’re zoning out again.” She pushed the tip of Naeun’s nose closer to her face using her index finger. “Wake up, young lady. You’re in a date with me, remember.” She teased. She’d always like that. Despite her current predicament, despite her being broken, she’d still find a way to . Everything seems so light when Naeun’s around Bomi.

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

 

 

Few months passed and things started to get better and their dorm became a little bit livelier. Bomi started to open up and the awkwardness when all the members gathered together started to diminish. 

 

Hello goodbye, really goodbye.

Now, I will erase all memories with you,

all of the happy memories.

Hello goodbye, really goodbye.

Now, you’re not my girl anymore.

I will let go of your hand.

 

Bomi pursed her lips, biting the cap of her pen lightly as she glanced down at the lyrics she wrote. “Now it’s totally different.” She scanned it with her eyes, “things do change.”

 

The song she made turns out to be totally different from the song she had in her mind before. “This was supposed to be a love song but now it turns out to be a song of letting go.” She let out a heavy sigh. “Can I finally move on?” She ponders at the thought and after a long inward conflict with herself; she finally stood up from her desk and strides to the living room where Chorong, Eunji, Namjoo and Hayoung are gathered together to watch a movie.  

 

“It’s time.”

 

Bomi decided to finally patch things up with Chorong.

 

“Chorong unnie…I think we should talk.”

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

 

 

“What are you three doing?”

 

Naeun just returned from a variety show guesting and what welcomed her l were the three members, Eunji, Namjoo and Hayoung, squirming outside the room shared by the three oldest members with their ears on the door.

 

“Are you three eavesdropping?” The three were obviously prying on whatever it is that is happening behind that door but she asked anyway. However, the three ignored her and continue leaning on the door.

 

 “Yah…what are you…”

 

“Shut up, Naeun-ah…” It was Eunji who finally shushed her up.

 

“Then tell me…”

 

Namjoo looked at her briefly. She gave her a cautious look before letting out a deep and heavy sigh. “Bomi unnie…

 

 

…and Chorong unnie…

 

…they are…

 

…they’re finally talking.”

 

Naeun knew it was going to happen soon. The two would soon patch thing up between them and everything will be back to normal. She knew and she had somehow accepted it but the pang of pain still lingers in her heart and she hated herself for that. She hated herself for the unsolicited jealousy she has in her heart.

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

 

Someone’s pounding at the door and it’s so loud it woke Naeun from her sleep. She’s too lazy (broken) though, to open her eyes and open the door. She tried ignoring the person behind the door hoping to drift back down into the oblivion where she’d been safely couched for the past couple of hours. She placed a pillow over her head, blocking out the loud pounding noise, and tried to fall back to sleep.

 

“Naeun-ah…are you still sleeping?”

 

Her eyes shut open as Bomi’s husky voice soothed into her ears but she stayed still resisting the urge to open the door. She felt bad for acting that way but she couldn’t help it. Not when she’s having such a mixed emotion over Bomi and Chorong unnie’s reconciliation.

 

Few minutes later she felt the bed shifts around her and an arm laid on her waist. She opened her eyes and a pretty face came into view. Suddenly all her worries disappeared. “Unnie…”

 

“Good morning, Naeun-ah…” Bomi pushed the tip of Naeun’s nose closer to her face using her index finger like she always does and Naeun missed the fleeting sensation of Bomi’s touch as she retreats her finger back. She felt her body heat up as Bomi edged closer to her and she fought hard to restrain herself from reaching out to her.

 

 “Wake up sleeping beauty…” Bomi came up close to Naeun and gave her a kiss on her cheek and before Naeun can even respond she’s already gone by the door. She looked back smiling sheepishly, “Breakfast is ready, hurry up and join us. I made breakfast for you…and the rest of the members.”

 

 

 

 

 

By the time Naeun got into the dining area, the girls were done eating except for Bomi whose food remained untouched. Bomi motioned the younger girl to sit across her and the younger girl quietly obliged.

 

“What took you so long? Your food might have gone cold. Do you want me to reheat it?” Bomi grabbed Naeun’s plate but Naeun took it back before she could stand up. “Why are you being like this to me, unnie? Aren’t you supposed to be doing this to Chorong unnie? Aren’t you back together now?”

 

“We were never together…we’re just friends and we’ll remained that way.” She was smiling but her voice was serious. “and I’m being nice to you because I want to. It doesn’t have anything to do with Chorong unnie. It’s because of you.”

 

“Please don’t be like this to me unnie…I don’t want to be a scapegoat.”

 

“Naeun-ah…do you really think I’d do that do you?”

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

 

 

 

They were eating dinner together, the six of them together in the dining table. The atmosphere was bad and they could sense Naeun’s apprehension. Bomi, who was forced by Eunji to join them, didn’t display any emotions at all and it made it hard for them to read her. However, despite the heavy atmosphere, the girls tried shrugging it off as they listened attentively, laughing and giggling from time to time as Eunji tells them funny stories about her drama shoot.

 

Bomi, however, stayed mum as she digs into her food. For the first time in a long time, they’re eating together and Bomi doesn’t know what to make of the situation in front of her.

 

“Looks like someone’s in a bad mood, again.” Eunji peered peculiarly at Bomi, studying her expression but found no sign of anything and that bothered her.

 

Aware of the eyes shifting on her direction, Bomi sat up straighter but lowered her gaze and shrugged, “Just because I’m not talking doesn’t mean I’m in a bad mood. Sometimes, I just like being quiet.”

 

“But you’re not the quiet type…” It was Naeun who pushed further. “You’re noisy, loud and laidback.” She’d rather see Bomi getting mad at her for what she said that morning than be emotionless and detached.

 

Bomi clicked her tongue, raising her eyebrow as she threw a filthy look at Naeun, “Am I? Don’t talk like you care, Naeun-ah. You who dislike those who are loud and noisy. You of all people shouldn’t be talking to me like that.” Bomi hates confrontations because she’s not good at controlling her emotions. She would usually hide her true feelings to avoid confrontations such as this.

 

“Yah…Yoon Bomi.”

 

“Unnie…”

 

But this time around, Bomi lost control and crossed the line hurting the girl who cared for her and loved her unconditionally.

 

Naeun finds it hard to breathe as the air was really thin all of the sudden. With the need to get away, she pushed her plate away and walked out of the kitchen. Naeun was already out of their dorm when she felt the hot tears on her cheeks. “Stupid Bomi unnie…”

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

 

 

Naeun was sitting along Hangang river with her head hanging low.  It was cold and the girl shivered as she fiddles with her fingers. Naeun remembered crying there for the first time. It was during an A Pink News filming where they played a game and Naeun got hurt. It was also the first time she got emotionally upset with Bomi for choosing patbingsu, a Korean shaved ice dessert topped with red beans, over her.

 

And now she’s crying for the second time. Yet again, she’s crying because of Bomi.

 

“I’m sorry.” Suddenly Bomi was there real and right in front of her.

 

“How did you find me?” Naeun looked up and blinked at Bomi. The tears which dried up on their own starts to swell in her eyes again. Bomi smiled at her as she crouched next to her. She had been watching her from afar for quite a while now, not knowing what to say and how to apologize.

 

“It was not hard to find you. It’s the only place you could have gone to on your own.”

 

Naeun looked over at her and raised an eyebrow, “How did you know that?”

 

Bomi smirked at her as she playfully ruffled the younger girl’s hair. “I know you so well…” She faltered as the memories from earlier came flashing through. “I should have known better than to hurt you like that.

 

And…I can’t express how sorry I am.”

 

“Unnie…”

 

Naeun was already on Bomi’s arms. She was crying and Bomi felt the urge to hug her and hold her in her arms. It was a brief hug but Naeun could still feel Bomi’s warmth even after they parted.

 

“You’re such a crybaby, Naeun-ah.” Bomi patted Naeun’s head like a child and Naeun rolled her eyes at her before leaning closer to her. She clicked her lips and gave Bomi a deadpan look. Bomi held her gaze steadily and waited for her to speak.

 

“It’s because it was you who made me cry.”

 

Bomi nodded. “I know and I promise not to make you cry again.” She cupped the younger girl’s face with her hand, wiping the tears away with her thumb.

“Naeun-ah…will you let me stay by your side from now on. I’ll be the last person on earth to make you cry again…” Bomi meet Naeun’s eyes and stared at her endearingly, “because I came to like you so much it hurts me to see you cry.”

 

“Unnie…” Naeun was in daze. She doesn’t know what to say or how to react. All she can do is hug the girl who keeps on making her heart skip a beat. She wanted to tell her how much she loves her but she held it back. She doesn’t want to be greedy. Having Bomi by her side is enough for her right now and she doesn’t mind waiting for she knows Bomi won’t keep her waiting.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm so sorry for the lack of fluffy moments between Bomi and Naeun. I'll make up for it in another one-shot story in the future. I just really wanted to show a mature Bomi who doesn't just jump into a relationship just because she moved on and started liking Naeun and a sensible Naeun who's not greedy and is willing to wait.