Nervous

Hesitation

“Dude, calm down!” Xiumin snapped annoyed at Luhan, who stood next to him, fidgeting nervously while they were waiting for their suitcases. “What are you so nervous about?”

Luhan glared at him. “Well, it’s not like you have to meet my parents so shut up.”

“Come on, what are you complaining about? You agreed to come with me! And my parents will like you, trust me. Especially my mother. You’re one of these guys every mother would love to have as their son-in-law.”

“Oh, no.” Luhan grumbled while he grabbed his suitcase on the conveyor belt and heaved it off it.

“Seriously, man. Relax. My parents think that you’re just a friend. They don’t even know that we... That you and I... That you... That I...”

“That we’re a couple?” Luhan suggested, sounding slightly pissed off and Xiumin nodded.

“Yeah... That.”

He was glad that at this moment his own suitcase appeared on the conveyor belt and he could avoid looking at Luhan by grabbing it. He liked Luhan. He really, really liked him. A lot. Perhaps, yes perhaps it was lo- more than just simple liking but he didn’t want to go there. He didn’t want to think about that. He and Luhan were in this... this thing for quite a few months now, now many exactly, Xiumin couldn’t remember. This... relationship. And truth was, Xiumin was still scared. He was scared less of using those words. A couple. Love. Relationship. Luhan really meant a lot to him but it just felt incredibly weird to him to use those terms when talking about himself and another boy. Even if said boy was as awesome as Luhan.

Xiumin finally looked at Luhan, just in time to see the other boy roll his eyes but thankfully, Luhan didn’t say anything.

Xiumin had never told him why he was having so many problems with using those words. He didn’t have to, one of the many advantages of being with a boy. He rarely had to talk about feelings and girly stuff like that; Luhan mostly just let him be. But Xiumin was pretty sure Luhan knew his reasons anyway. And perhaps it wasn’t that hard to figure out Xiumin’s feelings...

“Come on,” he mumbled and forced himself to smile at Luhan, trying to lighten up the mood. “My parents are probably waiting already...”

“Great...” Luhan muttered, starting his nervous fidgeting again and Xiumin grinned. And no, he did not want to think too much about what he was doing here. If he did that, he’d have to realize that he was actually taking Luhan to meet his parents. Like, he was really about to introduce the boy he really, really liked to his parents. And if he realized the full extent of that... No, better not think about it.