Two Americanos

Vanilla with Cinnamon on Top

It hadn't sprung overnight and spread, Luhan knew that much. Bone cancer wasn't an illness like the flu or spring fever. It took time to develop, and even more time to spread.

But if his mother wanted it, Luhan would pretend to believe it.

He let out a weary sigh as he looked out the window. Those black town cars were parked in front of that empty building again, along with two large trucks. People in white uniforms swarmed the place, along with men in black suits. Luhan wanted nothing more than to go over there and find out what it was they were doing everyday, but his older sister Victoria told him it was bad to snoop in other peoples' business. He hated disobeying his older sister, so if he was to be left with a burning curiosity in his being to keep him from doing so, he shall. Luhan finished wiping the table, and sparing a last glance at the building and the busy bees, he walked into the kitchen. Once he entered, he met a situation, one which he was very familiar with.

"Princess Lulu!" Amber cried, running behind him. "Help me please!"

"What is it, Amber-noona?" Luhan asked.

"She is so stubborn!" Krystal cried in English. "She wants to cut her hair short. AGAIN." She finished in Korean.

He turned. Indeed, Amber's hair was a bit longer than usual, due to neglection for skateboard practice. Amber had a competition coming up, so she had literally no time to do anything aside from practicing. Luhan looked back at Krystal and Sulli.

"Krystal-noona, Sulli-noona, if Amber-noona wants to cut off her hair, let her. She won't be able to do many tricks with hair in her face."

"THANK YOU!"

"And you," he turned to Amber. "Need to stop denying that you're a female and begin to act like a lady."

"Thank you!" Krystal mimicked.

Sulli slapped her forehead. "Krystal-ah, lets leave it." She said. "Luhan-ah, we'll be going to the grocery store. Can you handle the cafe while we're gone?"

"Of course," Luhan replied.

"Thanks!"

Amber, Krystal, and Sulli peeled off their aprons in record time and dashed out of the building. Luhan rolled his eyes. He was sure they were going to check out that bakery those boys owned down the street. Victoria went to go get groceries earlier. If they were going to make a lie, they had to at least make it believable. He walked out of the kitchen, sighing in content at the sudden quietness, and settled behind the counter.

His eyes soon wandered over to the building across the street. Most of the cars were gone now, and he could see the building was now furnished. He couldn't wait until Victoria closed up the cafe so that he could go see what was going on. Luhan drummed his fingers against the countertop to a beat playing over the speakers. In his daze, he didn't notice two people walk up to the counter.

"Hello?"

Luhan blinked and turned. "Ah, yes? Pardon me for daydreaming," he laughed softly. "How may I help you?"

"Are you open?" A tall dark-skinned teenager asked.

"Yes, yes we are!"

"See, I told you, Kris-ge!" The teen pumped his fist in triumph.

The other, a tall blond in a black suit, cleared his throat. "Two... Americanos..."

"Ne!"

Luhan bounced off his stool and proceeded to make the americanos. As he made them, he began to think. His mind always wandered away when he was working, has he had practiced so much he didn't need to think to make it. His thoughts flittered over to the tall blonde. He was quite attractive, and even more so in a suit and a tie. Luhan wished he could one day be like that. He looked down at himself as he finished making the drink.

Yeah, as if that as ever going to happen.

Luhan handed the two containers over to the teen and the man. The teen started sipping it eagerly. The man glanced at him.

"How much do we owe you?" He asked.

"Owe?" Luhan asked, tilting his head cutely. "Oh, no, please don't bother! Its on the house! You're are first customers in a long time, so don't worry over something so trivial as the-" A million won soon made its way to the counter with a sharp slap. "...Bill..."

"Keep it." The man took a look at his name tag. "Luhan."

"I can't accept it, I'm sorry. Please take it back."

The teen shook his head. "Once Kris-ge has made up his mind, you can't force him away."

"But this is too much, I can't-"

"Just shut up and take it." The blonde muttered before grabbing the teen's arm rather roughly and walking out of the cafe.

Luhan picked up the money. "Aish, how burdensome." He mumbled. "This...could help pay for umma's bills..." He shook his head. "No, its bad to accept it." Then he glanced down. "Yah! Stupid man!"

The little bell on top of the door jingled. Luhan looked up and put the money in the counter. It was the blonde man.

Again?

The man walked up to the counter and slapped a piece of paper down on the counter. With a heavy blush, he walked away. Luhan picked up the paper.

"He gave me his number..?" He asked.

"Luhaen! Lu~haen!"

Luhan looked up as his best friend, Baekhyun, entered the cafe, his usual diva atmosphere following him. He walked right into to the counter and stood next to Luhan.

"Hello, Baekhyun-ah," He said cheerfully.

"What have you got there, Luhannie?" Baekhyun took the paper out of his hands. "Someone gave you..their number?!"

"Y-Yes, just a few moments ago.."

"Are you going to call? Text? Tell me yes. Please tell me you will."

"I...I don't...know..." Luhan winced at his friend's glare.

"Lulu, as your best friend, its my job to see that you live happily for the rest of your life," Baekhyun began his usual rant. "So that means, its also my job to make sure you contact this dude." He realized something. "Wait. Was he cute?"

"V-very.."

"Tall? Dark? Mysterious?"

"That too..."

"Rich?"

"Quite possible.."

"y?"

"Baekhyun!" Luhan cried.

"Okay, okay!" Baekhyun laughed. "But Luhan, please do it. The number was given for a reason."

"I don't know."

"Song Luhan... If you don't do it I swear to God I will-"

"Oh stop threatening my little brother, Baekhyun, he's scared enough of you already."

Luhan sighed in relief as his older sister, Victoria, walked into the cafe, carrying a few bags from the grocery store. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Hey, Victoria-noona," he chimed.

"Hey Baekhyun," Victoria placed the groceries down on the table in the kitchen before going back out again. "Where are the others?"

"Sulli-noona and Krystal-noona probably went to go check out the owner in that shop at the corner, and Amber-noona went to go get her hair cut," Luhan replied.

"Sounds like Sulli and Krystal to be checking out dudes during work time," Victoria sighed.

"Crap, she found out.."

"Act like it was nothing.."

Krystal and Sulli tried to slip into the kitchen unnoticed, but ended up getting caught by the collar by Victoria. She turned to Luhan. "You can go home, Luhan. We'll close up here. Right Krystal-ah? Sulli-ah?"

The way she strained their names sent shivers down the two girls' spines. "Yes, unnie..." They murmured.  

"Good."

Luhan smiled at his older sister and took off his apron. He bid goodbye to everyone and followed Baekhyun out of the cafe. They passed the restaurant where their other friend Kyungsoo worked at. It was already closed.

"Soo went home early today..." Luhan whispered.

"You can't blame him. Kid had a cold."

"True..."

The conversation ended there. They walked to Luhan's house in silence. Once they reached it, Baekhyun waved and left, but not before reminding him about the number. The chocolate haired boy sighed as he walked into his bedroom. He gathered up his pajamas and went into the bathroom. He shed his clothes and stepped into the shower.

After a quick wash, he dressed himself and exited the bathroom. Luhan flopped onto his bed, swiping his phone as he fell. He turned it on and clicked the 'New Message' button. He glanced over the number given to him and typed it in. He wrote a quick message before hitting 'Send.' Once he finished, he rolled over and groaned.

"Why do I always listen to Baekhyun?! I'm going to kill him!"

"Kill me?" Baekhyun peeled his eyes from the show he was watching. "Oh, damn, its just the TV."

             _________________

To: Kris Wu

Hello... You gave me your phone number... Was there something you needed?

             _________________