Still Moments II

TaengSic Drabbles
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The first time she saw Jessica was when the blonde was struggling on the plane, trying to put her luggage in the cabinet just above Taeyeon. “Pretty.” Taeyeon commented, peeking just under the think blanket. “Prettiest person I’ve ever seen.” Taeyeon thought still stealing glances under the think blanket. She pretended to sleep, wanting the weak-looking-blonde to fall on her so she can introduce herself, sighing when she failed, the blonde was too careful and modest. Taeyeon wanted to take pictures of the sky during the flight but forgot everything about it the moment this pretty blonde took off her pony-tail, she almost jumped her and asked for her number but controlled herself. Really. Really. Controlled herself. “Stop.” Taeyeon commanded herself, she was almost successful but then the pretty blonde started in putting on lipgloss, which made her perfect looking soft and thin lips to more perfect, if that’s even possible. “Stop.” Taeyeon commanded herself again.

 

The midget almost fainted when the blonde looked at her, as if checking her out. “fk fk fk.” Taeyeon panicked, she saw the blonde’s eyes focusing on her tummy. “I’m not bloated, I’m sure my baby fats ain’t bulging and I’m wearing quite a large shirt for it to be visible.” Taeyeon thought, her mind was in chaos. This certain blonde is checking her out and it’s throwing her out of her wits and into oblivion.

 

Minutes later she saw the blonde’s head bobbling, nodding and bobbing in all directions. “She might hurt her neck, she must have fallen asleep.” Taeyeon thought. She took off the thin blanket that was covering her body, fixed her appearance up a bit and straightened her posture. Glancing at the blonde beside her, she scooted closer to the pretty girl. “Lord, save me.”  She whispered to herself as she carefully, slowly letting the blonde lean her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder. “Finally.” She sighed, relieved when the blonde’s head rested on her shoulders.

 

Taeyeon grabbed her phone and risked her bill in contacting her bestestfriend, Tiffany Hwang. “Paniya, I need help. I’m so into this girl I’m seating with on the plane. She’s so pretty and girly.” And with that Taeyeon hit send, in no longer than a two minutes Taeyeon felt her phone vibrate, flinched and glanced at the pretty girl leaning on her. “That didn’t wake her up?” Taeyeon asked herself in surprise.

 

“Is she travelling alone? How often does she checks out herself?!! Like in the mirror or her reflection.” Taeyeon reads out Tiffany’s message, she can just imagine the happy, easy go lucky Tiffany turning into a defensive, overprotective grumpy bestfriend.

 

“Easy. Easy there, Miyoungshi! She often checks herself out, may I know why this is so important? I mean! How do I approach her? And yes, I’m certain she’s traveling alone.” Taeyeon replied.

 

“Well….you better make yourself look cute and cool. DO.NOT.APPROACH.FIRST. You need to appear interesting and mysterious! wait …..who am I kidding?? You are cute enough, cool enough and the most interesting human I know…..so. I guess you’ll do well. Just DO.NOT.APPROACH first! Vain girls like that want attention and once they get it easily, they will throw you around like used tampons.” Taeyeon read, absorbed and grimaced at the last part. “Ew” Taeyeon thought.

 

“Thanks. I trust your opinion. Love you!” Taeyeon grinned and pressed send.

 

“Love you too! Tell me what happened once you land. OKAY??????” Tiffany replied making Taeyeon giggle, she glanced at the girl beside her. Satisfied and giddy, as she took out her camera from her handbag and waited for the pretty blonde to wake up.

 

 

 

“Hello? Taeyeon-shi? Earth to Taeyeon?” Jessica flicked her fingers in front of the dazed Taeyeon. “Huh? What? I’m sorry I just remembered something. Okay but I’m not really good with surprises.” Taeyeon grinned. The door opened before Jessica can even utter a word, the old lady greeted the two cups of tea, all sorts of flavors, filling up the room with a very satisfying and enticing aroma. “Thank you.” The two of them chimed and proceeded into trying some teas. The two of them enjoyed their small talks while sipping teas, exchanged phone numbers and chatted some more. Taeyeon took a lot of pictures of teas, Jessica and the two of them together; Jessica did as well using her phone. “Your camera is an expensive one, considering taking pictures is just one of your hobbies.” Jessica commented looking at Taeyeon while the midget was taking a picture of the cup of tea on the table. “Because a picture captures memory, it’s like a time capsule. It’s quite amazing how you look at a picture and everything, the memories you’ve made during the time you took it, just comes back to you and brings back an avalanche of feelings.” Taeyeon said, still taking pictures with a sincere smile on her face.

 

“Still moments.” Taeyeon said as she peeked from her camera, directly looking at Jessica; slowly aiming the camera at the blonde. *click* but the blonde was too into the moment she did not mind a stolen picture. “This person….quite amazing.” Jessica thought, to her seeing someone talk about something they strongly believe in with passion in their eyes is quite amazing.

 

“One day I’ll create great moments with someone special and capture every single still moments that I can capture. Sit with her on a nice and comfortable couch, maybe a little bit cuddling, and just scan through the pictures we’ve taken and reminisce. Just feel. I think that’ll be nice.” Taeyeon said, pressing on some buttons and scanning through the pictures she took just a while ago., stopping at the last picture she took. “Pretty.” She commented looking at the last picture she took. Jessica’s dumbfounded expression with a hint of amazed and passion in her eyes.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter