Baby Boy

my baby boy

Sitting on the bathroom floor surrounded by 15 pregnancy test thingies . my eyes scan all of them and my hand reaches out to one of them whispering what my eyes fell on “it’s a plus , 15 plusses”

Gathering all of them I get off the bathroom floor and walk towards the living room . I drop all of them on the table and shuffle towards the bedroom . I sit on the bed and reach out for my phone . sliding it open I call the only person I can think of . I wait as the phone rings twice and a voice can be heard at the other side of the line

“oh hello Hwan ,  what’s going on ?” I hear Suho say on the side

“ Oppa can u come over “ my voice came out as a whisper .

“Hwan what’s wrong ? I’ll be right there “ he said his voice turning serious

“ok hurry up Oppa and bring Luhan Oppa with you” I said as I can hear Suho humming as a sign of ok before closing the call .

Sighing I get off my bed and walk back to the living room . lowering myself on the couch letting my body sink into it . I bring my hand to my lips and starting to nibble on my nails . “This must be minseok’s baby” I say loudly to nobody  . yup I got married to Minseok A.K.A EXO trend setter Xiumin . it started as a fan-idol relationship which escaladed to us being boyfriend girlfriend for about two years . more like until he proposed to me in front of a sea of EXO fangirls in their concert . it was embarrassing yet touching .

That special event was almost two years ago . although I received so much hate . it was worth it because in the amount the hate I got I could say I got  double the love from Minseok and EXO . To explain the loneliness I’m experiencing in this apartment for two –or three in 9  months- and why I called Suho not the father of my baby is because Minseok is in the military . that’s right a week after we got married he got enlisted to the army . cruel yet I can understand . now it may confuse people like how am I pregnant from Minseok when he is in the army . well he got a weekend off a week ago so that might explain how . I sigh again “how am I going to break the news to Minseok” I say letting my eyes settle on the front door .

Suho and Luhan must be near our house now . the EXO dorm is about 20 min away from our house . as I close my eyes for minute a knock can be heard . I open them and walk quickly to the front door . swinging it open I get greeted with a big hug from both Luhan and Suho . stepping out of their embrace I welcome them inside .

As they take their boots off Luhan notices the huge pregnancy tests on the table.

“are those…” he says stopping mid-sentence to stare at the pile trying to comprehend what’s going on .

“I think those are” suho says steps into the house still eyeing the pile .

“yup they are”  I say confirming their doubts  .

Walking pass both of them stoned in place handsome boys I sit on the couch sinking again in it trying to ignore the awkwardness that just spread in the air . the first boy to wake up from the stoned state was Suho . dragging a still confused luhan behind him .

They sit on both sides beside me trying to make up questions to ask me . finally the silence break when luhan hugs –crushes my ribs- me . squealing like a little girl –very many of u Luhan-. few seconds later Suho joins the rib crushing ear deafening hug  . 5 minutes later their vocal cords give up and their hands unwrap themselves from around my ribs . I feel like I got my hearing and breathing ability back .

Looking at their faces . Their smiles look like they can tear their faces in halves .

“so u called me to tell me the happy news “ Suho says almost tearing .

I nod quietly not meeting their eyes

“Hwan those are great news . but why aren’t u happy ?” Luhan asks concerned .

“I am happy I really am . but ..” I stop not knowing how to say it . I bite my lip and look away

“wait don’t tell me . you haven’t told Minseok , have you ?” Suho asks his smile getting smaller .

I shake my head as a sign that I haven’t

“why haven’t you ?” Luhan asks as he puts a comforting hand on my back a bit concerned .

“because I don’t know if he actually wants this baby”

“of course he does!!” both of them say together .

“who wouldn’t want a baby from their loved one” Luhan says as he rubs his hand up and down my back

“yeah , but how can I break such news on the phone I need to tell him face to face . so I can know how he truly feels” I say explaining what bothers me

“so you want to wait until he is released from the army to tell him ?”Suho asks

I nod .

“you are going to wait 4 months until he is released till you tell him!!” Luhan half screamed .

I flinch a bit from the power of his voice . “Luhan” Suho said warning luhan .

“sorry” Luhan apologized

“Hwan look at me “ Suho tells me . I look at his sincere eyes

“if that is what u want to do then shall it be .but know for these four months you are in our care . since no one other can ..”

“but” I say trying to cut Suho off but getting shushed “let me continue” Suho says .

I nod not wanting to make him angry .

“if u want us not to tell Minseok then let us take care of you “

I couldn’t say no cause knowing both of them if I have disagreed they would tell Minseok in a blink of an eye .

I nod brining glee to both of their handsome faces .

“ I hope both of you are happy cause you know in the midst of your hectic schedule there won’t be time for you to check up on me” I smile as if I won a battle

“there wouldn’t be any need to come check up on you . since u are moving into our dorm “Suho says stumping over my small victory .

“huh ?!” I say shocked

“yes , Minseok’s old room is still empty after he left u can use it “Luhan says .

I look at the two men feeling betrayed . yet I give up to their demands cause sooner or later I would move in to their dorm .

 An hour later I’m in the backseat of Luhan’s car .  sitting next to bags and bags of my stuff . since I’m basically going to live in their dorm for 4 months now .

Reaching to their dorm we get down unpack all of my stuff in Minseok’s old room .

15 min later Suho call the rest of the members to a little meeting in Minseok’s old room  now mine . it got crowded really quickly . soon enough the news has been told and reactions have been released . different ones from shock to joy to teasing and also dumb questions . especially that one question of “ who is the father? Is it really Minseok ? “ I wanted to kick Tao for such questions.

I started feeling dizzy and my body felt heavy suddenly . Luhan must of seen my discomfort as he hushed all of the boys . soon Suho  made the boys swear for secrecy and not telling Minseok . telling the boys about my decision and the need for them to respect it . after making things clear Suho ordered the boys to leave me alone so I can rest . leaving one by one after hugging or congratulating me I was left alone to rest . I spread myself on Minseok’s old bed smelling his scent on it . I fell asleep quickly .