Reason # 4

Reasons Why Lee Sungyeol Hates Kim Myungsoo

Reason # 4: You always have to be right.

“That bastard!” Sungyeol angrily exclaimed as he dumped the books he as holding on the table, ignoring the librarian’s scolding and sat with a huff on his chair. Kiseop only spared him an amused look.

“Had a fight with Myungsoo again?” Sungyeol scoffed.

“Please refrain from speaking his name in my presence.” Kiseop couldn’t help the laugh that bubbled in his stomach.

“Well? What is it this time?” Kiseop asked. Sungyeol stilled on his chair and had an uncomfortable look on his face, bottom lip trapped between his teeth as he chewed on it in nervousness. “Yeol?”

“Can we not talk about it? Because its absolute bull anyway.” Sungyeol muttered, hand busy flipping through one of his various medical books. Kiseop’s eyebrows raise at that.

“Doesn’t look like bull to me. Come on Yeol, you know you can trust me.” Kiseop coaxed, and looks like it worked.

Sungyeol sighed in his seat before he started playing with his hands, eyes nervously shifting to meet Kiseop’s patient gaze. “The Idiot forbade me from seeing you, saying something along the lines of you being in love with me. But that’s complete bull right? You don’t harbor feeling for me in that way, right?”

To his growing horror, Kiseop’s whole body stiffened and it was him now avoiding his gaze – something akin to guilt reflected to those brown orbs. And that was all the persuasion he needed to bolt out of the place.

“Wait Sungyeol don’t go let me ex-“

“WOW look at the time, have to go.” Sungyeol said in a flurry of mumbles, cutting Kiseop from whatever he was about to say, as he abruptly stood up from his seat and fixed all of his things in a hurry. He managed to evade the hand that shot up to grasp his arm and almost desperately speed walked out of the library, ignoring Kiseop’s desperate calls of his name behind him. It was only after he has left the vicinity of the library did he let himself grasp the nearest wall on the halls and leaned on it, frantic puffs of breath escaping his lips.

He had his suspicious, the other man’s blatant favoritism over him and the occasional stiffening whenever he and Myungsoo would show affections for each other in his presence, but he only shrugged it off as something that weird’s him off since he was sure five minutes ago Kiseop was straight as a metal beam. If he had knew it was something more he would have done something to prevent it further, to preserve this friendship of theirs that Sungyeol knew already has a huge strain on it now.

To make matters worse, just a few feet away from him stood Myungsoo – face blank like it normally is and a strawberry lollipop on his lips.

“Soooo,” Myungsoo drawled out, letting the word drag on the air as he took another to his lollipop. “How did your ‘studying’ go?” he made air quotations on the word ‘studying’ and Sungyeol hadn’t remembered a time he didn’t want to see his boyfriend’s face until now.

“You were right,” he spat out. Myungsoo opened his mouth to reply but Sungyeol beat him to it, a hand raised on his face and a warning on his eyes. “Before you start – don’t. Just – don’t. I’m too tired for any of your right now and could you please do me a favor and leave me alone?”

Myungsoo only blinked at him, having such a reply before shrugging and took steps forward so that he was standing right in front of Sungyeol. Sungyeol’s gaze was strained on his boyfriend’s form as he tensely waited for whatever next move the other has in mind. To his utter surprise, Myungsoo only patted his head before taking the lollipop out of his lips and placed it in front of Sungyeol’s lips. When Sungyeol parted his lips enough so that the lollipop would slip in, Myungsoo let out a soft hum in appreciation before staring intensely at Sungyeol’s eyes and left without a word.

Leaving Sungyeol behind still leaning on the wall but relatively calmer than when he first left the library.


A/N: OMG this was such a fail TT.TT