Reason # 1

Reasons Why Lee Sungyeol Hates Kim Myungsoo

Reason # 1: He can be a jerk sometimes.

It was a known fact that Sungyeol is one insecure creature. And although it slowly deteriorated when they reached college (based from the observation of his friends), it once again reared its ugly head when he and Myungsoo got together. And to put salt to wound, the said boyfriend that is usually the main cause of his bouts of insecurity outbursts (because the ing bastard is almost perfect) does nothing to elevate his worries.

A good example would be now when we see the hunched figure of Sungyeol on the cafeteria, lunch forgotten in front of his as he clutched the wretched piece of paper containing his mid-term grades with shaking hands and gawked at the disturbing grade encoded beside ‘College Algebra’.

Although smart in anything that deals with the different sciences, Sungyeol has always been weak at Math. That was the exact reason why he decided to become a doctor, there was little to no maths in it and plus it deals more on biology – which is actually something he likes very much – so he wasn’t really particularly hurt by the failed grade. What flared but his insecurity levels is that the guy beside him who can’t even multiply 9 and 9 (and he is sure about this since the guy asked him for the answer) passed with flying colors.

With. Freaking. Flying. Colors.

Is he really that stupid for not passing the damn subject?

(Why does he even have that in the first place?)

“Yes you are actually that dumb. I’m surprised you even realized it at all.” Despite his somber mood, his boyfriend on the other hand is contently slurping on his banana milk. Sungyeol scowled at him before taking the other’s paper that contains his grade and scanned it.

“WHAT THE HELL!? You don’t even have a failed grade! Even Sunggyu-hyung had one.” He gawked and stared wide-eye at Myungsoo. “This paper is a joke right?”

Myungsoo scoffed at him before taking the paper from his hands, folding it in half before placing it in-between two books on his bag. “How can it be a joke? You saw the legit signature of our chairman right? And as for hyung, he actually deliberately failed that subject; didn’t attend even a single session since it conflicted with Woohyun’s free period.” Myungsoo grimaced, finding his brother’s relationship with Sungyeol’s best friend overly sweet and disgusting. The two were too joined to the hip even the wind has troubles passing through them.

Sungyeol scoffed at his hyung’s stupidity before groaning again and glared at his own grades. “I seriously hate you right now.” He groaned once again and dropped his head on the table, face turned sideways and eyes slanted at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo only ignored him as he opened another pack of banana milk and slurped it. “I know, you never fail in reminding me during this time of the year.” He was answered with a kick on his legs under the table and another hard glare.

“You’re supposed to prove me wrong, you . And then profess your undying love to me along with a list of reasons why I’m so perfect.” Myungsoo spared him a sidelong glance and an amused smile was already pasted on that pink lips.

“Are you hearing yourself right now darling?” Sungyeol scowled once again before abruptly standing up and gave his boyfriend a rather venomous glare.

“I was only asking for some sympathy. You should have told me you weren’t in the mood, no need to be such a jerk about it.” And with that he stormed out of the cafeteria.

He wasn’t really asking for anything much, was it really wrong to ask for some affection from his boyfriend?

“Why the hell did I fell in love with that again?” he growled under his breath, ignoring everyone as he continued to trudge along the school hallways still fuming.

A sharp vibrate from his phone alerted him of a message and stopped him on his tracks. He couldn’t help the scoff that went passed his lips when he saw the sender.

 

To: YeolYeol

From: MyungMyung

                I’ll be at your house after my last class today. Get ready because we will spend the rest of the evening grilling algebra on that small brain of yours.

 

Not an apology or even just a hint of guilt by what happened earlier. And this further flared Sungyeol’s anger.

A break up seems really tempting right now.

Before he could take a step forward his phone buzzed again. This time, all thought of breaking up once again flew away from his mind like all other times and instead a deep flush invaded face and he couldn’t help but release a tired (yet loving at the same time) sigh.

 

To: YeolYeol

From: MyungMyung

                I forgot to mention it, you look cute today. I’ll bring tiramisu later from that Italian restaurant that you really love so I’m expecting a big warm hug when I arrive okay? I love you :*

 

Stupid, stupid Myungsoo.


A/N: I think I lost my touch, can Myungsoo be considered a jerk here?

Also Yay for the first chapter! I made sure to make it long *^^*