Chapter Ten

In Your Eyes

It took weeks on end for Naeul to get her bandages off and everyone was on their toes. Byunghun and Naeul’s father stood on either side of her as the doctor carefully unwrapped the thin white cloth. Her eyes were closed and when she slowly peeled them open everyone held their breath.

Everything was hazy. Her vision wouldn’t get much better even if she blinked at least a hundred times. But she could see. She could tell that her father was looking at her with nervous eyes. And she could see a handsome boy around her age staring at her with great expectation.

“Dad, you’ve aged so much.”

That did it. Naeul and her father held each other and cried. Byunghun controlled himself. He didn’t want to breakdown or jump with glee. He needed to be calm.

Naeul released her father and stared at him long and hard. He was gray hair now and there were wrinkles on his once smooth face. But he still looked like her father. Then, she looked at Byunghun. He had dark brown hair and he looked so adorable with his small stature. He was taller than her but he still looked small. She didn’t care because it was Byunghun.

“Can you see things clearly?”

“No, everything is a bit blurry.”

“That may be caused by the bandages but let’s make sure.”

Naeul was dragged away to an examination room. They flashed a bright light into her eyes and widened her eyes with their fingers. Things didn’t seem right.

“The surgery was successful. But your vision won’t be a hundred percent perfect. You’ll have to get some glasses but other than that, I don’t think you’ll have any problems. If for some reason you do encounter any issues, come back so that we can check your eyes more thoroughly.”

With that, Naeul was sent home with a prescription for a new pair of glasses. When she got home with Byunghun, all she could do was stare at him. He looked perfect. He was everything she imagined him to be and more.

Even before she could see, he was all she could see. And now, he was still everything she could see for he was her world.

<< >>

A/N: The End. 

Not enough people seem to be interested so I've decided to end this story.

Thank you.