=THREE=

Will The Flower Blossom?

Since that day, Mr. Wu (aka Kris, which he figured out his name later on) came to the florist’s daily to buy a stalk of flower. Each day, he would buy a different species of flower on his recommendation. He didn’t know what had motivated him to have such determination. But he fathomed most probably it was because of women. After all, Mr. Wu is handsome. This is obvious when all the girl staff in the florist’s went crazy for him, fangerling over him every time he visited the florist’s. He never asked him the real reason because he knew he shouldn’t interfere with his customers’ personal lives.

But anyhow, his curiosity was still aroused and he hoped that someday Mr. Wu would tell him his motive.

“What is that plant?” Mr. Wu caught him off guard when he was paying for that stalk of violet at the counter. Luhan looked to the direction where Mr. Wu pointed his finger and immediately sighed, “Nothing. It is just a naughty pot of hydrangea plant I planted.”

“Naughty?”

“Yes, it refused to bloom. Naughty, isn’t it?”

He expected Mr. Wu to laugh at his lame joke. But Mr. Wu didn’t turn a hair. Instead, he took the joke with aplomb.

Awkward. Luhan gulped.

“I believe someday it will blossom, like the other flowers. It needs patience, don’t worry.” And then Mr. Wu left. Perhaps Mr. Wu had discerned his apprehensiveness about the plant.

He felt that he had underrated Mr. Wu. Maybe he was more observant than he thought he was. He really should evaluate Mr. Wu seriously once again.

Luhan stared at that pot of hydrangea she put aside the window from afar. Still, it showed no sign of blooming.

“Will the flower blossom?” he murmured.

He wondered.

-----------------------TO BE CONTINUE