Flashback : Part 1

Secretly, My Favorite Member [HIATUS]

So... I know I promised I would update twice today... and I didn't >< so, I made some time to update today! I'll try to update tomorrow but I make no promises. Minahae!

For your information, these next few chapters are supposed to be flashbacks because I wrote it weird? So the italicized portion is the flashback. If you don't like how I did it or it hurts your eyes, send me a comment on how I fix it~ Enjoy~

 

----

 

Dara’s PoV

It’s a little before 6 o’clock in the morning. All the members, Tabi, Daesung, and our manager are currently in Minzy’s hotel suite. Ha. Sorry for my dry humor. I mean, this place is nice and all, but it’s hard to consider a hospital room a hotel suite, even though we’re in the ‘VIP suite’.

“Dara,” I jolted up. I didn’t realize I was starting to drift off.

It’s Chaerin. “Deh. Are you okay?” I asked. I wasn’t sure if my question was casual or concerning.

She looked at me gravely. “I’m hanging in there.” Of course. We all are shaken by the past day’s events. Even though I was exhausted, I stood up and gave her a hug. I wasn’t expecting her to cry or anything, but I knew she would’ve been pent up with stress and frustration.

She sighed and tightly hugged me back. On a personal level, we were the closest in the group. You might think Bom and I are really close, but Chaerin and I really know each other intimately. “CL, let’s go.”  Our Jjangmae prompted. I shot her a confused look. “We have to go talk to the president.” She answered my question. “Stay and watch over Minzy.” She demanded before they left.

As I watched the sliding door closed, I collapsed at the ground. It was like everything hit me again.

It was around 10 o’ clock by the time we reached the hospital. Chaerin took the ambulance with Minzy while Bom, I, and Sugawara-chan were driven by our manager. Thankfully, there weren’t any fans or paparazzi at the moment. I think there were some people at the hospital that recognized us, but we weren’t in the mood to care. Minzy was led into the ER and we were left to wait patiently in the waiting room.

Bom was pacing in the small waiting room and twiddling with her thumbs. Chaerin was sitting in her seat with her head between her knees, held by her hands. I was leaning in the corner, staring out the window. One by one, the fans would crowd the entrance of the hospital. The security guards and our bodyguards tried to break up the crowd.

“News breaks quickly,” Jjangmae said while showing us his phone. Chaerin didn’t bother to look up and I didn’t blame her. Bom looked up but didn’t bother to look closer. I walked to our manager. I didn’t want to look at the news, but I was too fidgety to stand still. “It seems some people took pictures of the ambulance while we left.”

“We don’t even know Minji’s condition yet.” I mumbled. And the paramedics said anything could’ve happened. A concussion was just a worst case scenario.

Suddenly, his phone rang. It was YG-sajangnim. I handed him the phone. At first glance, he sighed, but he gave me a soft smiled before he stood up and walked to a quieter area.

I turned around to go sit, but saw Chaerin starting to walk. “You should rest.” I tried to convince her. She’s been so stressed out with everything. I know sitting here feels horrible, but now wasn’t the good time to explode.

“I need to call Minzy’s mom,” she said with a sigh. I gave her a slight nod before sidestepping away. I watched her walk to the same direction as Jjangmae. I sighed, feeling a bit useless. I wanted to do something besides sit here.

An hour and a half passed. Within the first 20 minutes, Sugawara-sensei had to leave because she still had to teach her dance classes in the morning (since she is an internationally known dancer, her lessons weren’t something to be easily rescheduled) and because she at least wanted to fix the problem with the choreography. We bid her goodbye and returned to the tension filled waiting room. No more than five minutes later, Chaerin came back after a long talk, but automatically passed out when I told her to rest on my lap. For a while, it was just me and Bom.

“Is it my fault?” I looked up at her and saw her looking at the ceiling. Her position showed that she was going to cry, but wanted to stay strong. I knew we were about to have a heart-to-heart talk.

With the tone of her voice, I knew she was feeling guilty. And at this moment, she shouldn’t. “Aniya. Don’t think that way.” I said.

“Why did you say it that way?” she whined. Oh, bother. She was starting to get sensitive.

Well, to be honest we all were. Chaerin was more stressed than usual. Bom was more emotional than usual. I was becoming more irritable than usual. Where was our maknae to keep us calm?

Thinking of Minzy, I tried to keep my temper. “Bomi. We’re all tired. Don’t take it the wrong way.” I begged.

She sighed. “I know.” There was a long pause. “I just feel so guilty.” 

“She offered to get my water bottle.” I confessed. Bom didn’t even look at me. I was a bit glad she didn’t though. I might have lost all confidence to speak. “I could’ve just gotten it myself or persisted to say no.” she finally looked at me and I gulped. Her gesture made me feel like I did something wrong. “But I was so tired and weak.” I looked down. I felt tears b at my eyes. “To be honest, I really wanted some water and I couldn’t say no.” I sounded childish, but it was the truth. It made me think our maknae is seriously hurt because of my childish action.

“She asked me where you’re water bottle was.” Bom replied. I just looked at her. I didn’t care if my tears were falling down my face. “I didn’t even bother to stand up and look. I just gave her an idea of where it was at.” She then wiped her own tear and started fanning herself. “I knew one of our dancers spilled water, but I failed to remind her!”

I suddenly remembered the Crazy Dancer making a huge dilemma about it. “I-I forgot about that, too.” I stuttered out. Then, we were both too tired to continue the conversation. Jjangmae returned from his call, looking exhausted. I tried not to feel so anxious about the confrontation with YG-sajangnim that we would have to deal with later.

I tried to rest and take a nap, but (to me) no more than 10 minutes later, the doctor’s words woke me up.

“Gong Minzy.” My eyes snapped open. I woke up Chaerin and Bom. The three of us and Jjangmae hurriedly stood up and confronted the doctor. We bowed clumsily, but again, we didn’t care.

“How is she?” Chaerin asked quite timidly. We were anxious about the outcome.

“There’s no concussion, thankfully.” We all sighed in relief, but braced ourselves for more.

“She doesn’t have a concussion because she first landed on her hand.” Silently, we were exasperated, but we were also reassured that she’ll be fine. “We need to run x-rays on her arm in case anything is broken and maybe take some tests in case there is something wrong with her head, but we need parental consent.” The doctor replied.

Chaerin the checked time on her phone. “Her mom is taking the first bus ride here, but she won’t be here for another hour or so, would you like to call her?”

“Yes, please. That will be very helpful.” He said as if he was concluding his report.

“Wait,” I stopped him. Chaerin gave me a glance, warning me that what I had to say better be important. “Is there anything else with her? Can we see her?”

The doctor sighed, but complied. “Again, we only want parent and guardians to be visiting her, especially at this time. But she passed out, probably due to the pain from the fall to her hand and the impact to her head. Checking her vitals, her body was under a lot of stress and could have also collapsed due to exhaustion, especially after the fall.” I looked down at the floor. We were all tired, but she was kind enough to get a water bottle for her member. “I understand you are all working hard, but please watch over yourselves.” He finally said before we bowed to each other and he left with Chaerin.

About 10 minutes passed and Chaerin came back, telling us the procedure after Minzy’s parents gave consent to the x-rays.

We all decided to take a nap. We were too exhausted to wait, especially if we were prohibited from seeing her. Chaerin decided that we should at least rest until Minzy’s parents came or another doctor’s report needed to be delivered. We all laid next to each other on the bench.

Exhausted as I was, I had a hard time sleeping. I guess you can say, I did feel more relaxed in my own darkness, but my mind was racing all over the place.

I try to tell myself that it’s not completely all my fault, but the guilt just doesn’t go away. I don’t even know how I’m going to feel if Minzy’s more hurt than we hope she is. Adding to the stress, I’m trying not to think of how YG-sajangnim is going to deal with all of this. I can’t even imagine how Chaerin is feeling. Seriously, what are we going to do? Postpone the comeback again? The Blackjacks are going to be disappointed.

I want Minzy to be healed and healthy as soon as possible, but I don’t know if I can handle any of this!

“Gah!” I shot up. I realized, yet again, that I’m at the hospital. My breath was staggering, so I tried to calm down. It was just my mind playing with me. I looked up to see that a few people passing by seemed to look at my strangely. I politely bowed and apologized to them. I then turned to the left and in front of me. Jjangmae also seemed to have fallen into a slumber. I turn to my right and see my other two members who were sleeping peacefully. Chaerin crossed her arms and her hair covered her eyes, but you could see the frown of worry that was on her face. Next was Bom. She leaned her head on Chaerin. Her face was also pouting and her eyes looked heavy. As a force of habit, I looked for another person. When she wasn’t there, I flashed back to our trainee days.

Gosh damnit. Minzy’s back in my mind.

“Oh, noona. You’re awake.” I was surprised to hear a male voice. I cocked my head to the sound.

In front of me, Kang Daesung sat on one of the chairs. I gently grinned because I was glad to see he was here.  “Daesungie~” I said rather tiredly.

“How are you, noona?” he said as he stood to help me sit up.

I realized that there was a blanket surrounding the three of us. “You guys seemed cold, so Seunghyun-oppa asked for some blankets.” I looked up at him.

“What are you doing here?” I said rather icily. It came out wrong.

He had a shocked face. “I-I—” I suddenly felt guilty.

“I didn’t mean it that way. Sorry, Daesung.” I immediately apologized.

His warm aura came back again. “It’s okay, noona. I understand you are under a lot of stress.”

I smiled a thanks to him, but went back to my curious phase. “But seriously, Dae, why are you here? Why aren’t you in Japan?”

“I just had my last show.” He stated. “I was planning to stay a few extra nights to relax, but within a few hours of my stay I heard the news and took the first flight here.” I warmly giggled at his statement. His words touched me. I suddenly felt glad that I had brothers like him in our YG Family. “Plus, it’s Minzy we’re talking about. You obviously know that I’d come here in a flash for her.” He smiled.

“Yah~ you’re not the only one!” I suddenly heard a loud voice. My head throbbed as the voice echoed.

“Shut up, Seungri!” I heard a deep voice scold.

“Noona, gwenchana?” I looked up and saw Youngbae and Jiyong in front of me. I didn’t even realize my hand was grasping my head in pain.

“Yeah. My head just started hurting randomly.” I confessed.

“Here, I’ll get you some painkillers.” And Jiyong left in a flash.

I took my phone out and checked the time. It was almost midnight. Minzy’s mother probably wouldn’t be here for another 45 minutes or so.

Seugri and Seunghyn sat in front of me and Youngbae sat next to me. “As soon as we heard the news, Jiyong-hyung called Chaerin. She confirmed everything, so we all came here as soon as possible.” Seungri explained.

“I came here around 20 minutes ago. Then Youngbae and Jiyong came shortly after. Finally, Daesung and Seungri, who were in Japan.” Tabi explained.

Jiyong came back with the painkillers and some water. “Here, noona. I brought pillows, too.”

I nodded a thanks to him since I was too tired to even open my mouth. I carefully put the pillows under Chaerin’s and Bom’s heads. I had already put the pillow behind my head when I saw the person in front of me. I frowned.

“Waeyo, noona. Gwenchana? What’s wrong now?” Seungri asked.

For a moment, I just stared and thought about what to do. Jjangmae was just as tired as we were. I took the pillow out. “Mwo? Is the pillow not up to Dara-noona’s standard?” Big Bang’s maknae jeered again. Seunghyun smacked him upside the head.

“Ani.” I smiled. “Give this to Jjangmae.” I handed the pillow to the standing Jiyong.

Honestly, I expected them to smile and compliment me as a ‘nice noona’, but I obviously got ahead of myself. “This was the last pillow.” Jiyong confesses.

I actually contemplated what to do next. Sure, I was tired as hell, but I shouldn’t be selfish. “It’s fine.” I flatly said. I crossed my arms and leaned to a side. I was about to close my eyes, but Youngbae reached his arm around my shoulders and leaned my head against his shoulders. In my tired state, I didn’t bother to fight. He was comfortable anyways. He wore one of those poofy jackets and his scent calmed me.

“We’ll wake all of you guys up if anything happens.” Daesung reassured me. I returned with a simple grunt.

“Don’t be causing us a scandal.” Jiyong half-joked and half-demanded. Youngbae chuckled something melodious.

 

----

 

Here's a super long update! This is what I was talking about whenI said portions of this story might drag and take a while. I don't know. In dramas, there's a lot of portions that seem to take long, but I like the drama it adds to it~

So what's going to happen to Minzy??

What's going to happen to 2NE1?

What will YG say??

Find out in the future installments of Secretly, My Favorite Member!

Comment 'Flashback' if you read it~ (lol, jk. you don't have to~)