Taehyun

I'm Way Better Than Him!

What happened to the door?” I asked out loud at the sight of the broken door. Surely YG doesn’t keep their facilities in such a poor condition! When I try to push down on the handle, two screws fell out and with it the heavy iron handle. I held it stoically as the door swings open, fell out of it’s hinges, and hits the floor with a loud thud.

 

Great. My second week as a YG trainee and I’m already breaking the company’s properties. Yay.

 

A guy walked past me and dropped his bags into one of the sofas. “It’s a ty door, ignore it.” He said sharply. I looked up to introduce myself to him and was met with a pair of eagle sharp eyes. “I’m Kim Hanbin, team B’s leader. You’re the new trainee right?”

 

“Y-yes!” I answered formally out of instinct and bowed. Whoa, this kid is almost 2 inches shorter than I am, but his presence is really ing intense. On his cheeks I could see a bruise being sloppily covered with BB cream. I swallowed hard and stiffened. Does YG beat their trainees or is my team leader a delinquent with a penchant for streetfights? Either way I’m already unimpressed with how my day is going.

 

I could feel his impatient stare bore into my head. “Are you going to come in or…?” he asked, giving me a weird look as he change into his dancing t-shirts. I kind of just scattered into the room and followed what he was doing.

 

An older gentleman with a clipboard walked into the practice room and greeted us. The Hanbin kid greeted him with a loud voice while I half muttered my greeting.  The man looks really familiar…

 

“Be nice to the new kid ok BI? No crying today.” He said with mouthful of grill. Just from the side of the mirror, I caught a flash of diamond-studded inscription on his teeth.

 

Oh . That’s the OG Masta Wu….I didn’t know that YG’s Hip-hop legends train trainees!

 

“Yes Wu-hyung!” Hanbin shouted his answer again. Does he thinks he’s in the military or something? Being in the same room with a hardcore trainee and a hardcore rap legend is making me want to hyperventilate just a little bit. I shoved my hand into my pockets, desperately searching for a crumpled up note that I found under my door today, hoping that it’s contents could calm me down.

 

“Morning!

Taehyun-ah! I heard you’re going to practice with team B today.

Be nice to your leader ok? He’s the mean kid with the eyes ><

Do your best ^^ I’ll be cheering from the practice room next door.

Come by when Hanbin make you cry!

<3 Song Minho”

 

As cheesy as it sounds, out of the multitude of stupid notes he had sent me, this one actually made me feel a little bit better. I don’t even care that the letters seems like a prank this guy pulled just to tease my effeminate look. Just the thought that someone cares for me is enough to give me some courage. I smiled and folded the note into my front pocket. I’ll keep this one safe for now. Aside form the sudden confession, this Mino dude is an alright guy. I’ll keep him in mind when the Hanbin dude does make me cry.

 

Just minutes later five other people began to trickle into the room, all with exhausted faces that lights up when they saw Masta Wu. Out of the crowd I noticed a familiar face. It’s that kid Bobby that always hangs around to ‘discreetly’ slip Mino’s lewd notes into my bags!

 

I instinctively moved closer to scary eyes hoping that his presence might ward off that unsavory character away. True enough, on the sight of Hanbin, the Bobby dude stopped and turned around. Ha, everyone is scared of this kid! I chuckled, amused at the whole situation. The fierce leader suddenly turned around gave me an equally fierce glare and the smirk on my face instantly melts away.

 

“Just practice like you usually do. I’m not here to evaluate anything.” Masta Wu called from the far end of the room, clearly taking notes down on his clipboard.

 

“But you have a clipboard hyung.” One of the kids pointed out.

 

Masta Wu raised an eyebrow and showed us his clipboard. It was filled with doodles of penguins in various hip-hop paraphernalia. “See? No evaluation. Just dropping in to see my trainees. Now go dance or something.”

 

“Yes sir!” The whole team bowed deeply, with me following a second too late. I looked up to the Masta, half expecting him to call me out and punish me for now bowing as deeply as others. He only laughed and gave me a smile full of shiny grill. “Relax newbie. You look like you’re going to have a heart attack.”

 

I laughed nervously and looked around. Everyone else was already in their position, stretching their limbs for what I presume to be a grueling dance practice. I’ve heard the rumors about the severity of YG training, and I am so not looking forward to this next part. The scary leader inserted a cd and took center stage.

 

“Alright newbs,” He shouted above the blaring music. “Follow along ok? I’ll work with you with the basics later. Lets go!”

 

 

AAAAA AAAAAAA

 

 

Oh god.

The pain.

Oh god.

I cant-

 

“God please stop.” I gasped my prayer outlou as the song ended.

 

“There is no god in this room, there is only me. One more time!” Hanbin the slave driver shouted again, pressing spacebar to play that awful music again. I’m sorry G-dragon sunbaenim, it’s not that your music is musically bad, it’s just that now I associate ‘That XX’ with Hanbin’s face.

 

 

“Hey BI!” I could faintly hear Masta Wu called from the edge of the room. “BI! Play nice. Damn. Does that kid even listen to me?” Acting like he didn’t hear the man, BI only shouted out more instructions for me. Great. Even the legendary Masta Wu doesn’t have any control over this little maniac.

 

“I don’t think he listen to anybody hyung-nim.” I heard one of the kids said. “Hanbin kinda rule the practice room. It’s best to leave him like that.”

 

“Yeah, so let him haze the kid hyung. We all went through the same thing.”

 

“It’s not as bad as this though…”

 

“Nah, mine was worse that this! At least this kid is dancing to a slow song.”

 

“I bet you my run DMC cap that he’s gonna cry before 3 o’clock.”

 

“Call!”

 

Upon hearing on the bet I sneaked look up to the clock. It’s 2:50. Whats up with everybody thinking that I’ll cry! I let my head dangle down in despair at their conversation snippets, laughing bitterly at my supposed teammates’ support.

 

Cool. I can take hazing. If that’s what it takes for me to be a star, then haze away.  After the song ended. I gave my fiercest glare to the leader, who simply stared me down stoically. He sighed, shook his head, and threw me one of his towels.

 

“Take five and wipe yourself down. Your sweat is making the floor slippery.”

 

Since I was too busy gasping for air to answer him, I gave him a thumbs up and collapsed into the pool of my own sweat. This kid is… just… wow. It’s either he’s really passionate, or that he hates me. Either way, YG training is no joke.

 

“You’ll get through it newbie.” The trainee whose name I couldn’t remember patted my back and gave me a bottle of water. “He’s only mean on the first day. He’ll be super nice by tomorrow.”

 

I laughed, sitting up to sip some water. Somehow I really doubt that Kin Hanbin even knows the definition of nice.

 

“Or he wont. There’s always Team A. And there’s Mino in team A.” The Bobby kid said ominously, pushing a piece of pink paper, which indubitably contains one of Mino’s love letters. The nerve on this kid… I’m here ing sweating my balls off and he thinks that it’s an appropriate time to play ing cupid?!

 

“Um…” I said rather loudly. “Can you stop it with the whole ‘Mino loves you’ prank thing? It getting kind of old don’t you think?”

 

I could see that the Bobby kid was taken aback by my sudden harsh tone. Looking back, I probably should’ve apologize and stop it right there, but I continued to run my loud mouth.

 

“Yeah, yeah, I know I’m not exactly masculine, but enough with the gay jokes okay?! I already have it hard with your leader here trying to kill me-“ I pointed to an amused looking Hanbin, “-with dance moves that I doubt even he could do! So yeah! If you could drop the gay note prank then that would be great. Thanks.

 

“And you, Hanbin-shi, you need to stop being such a ing hard because all I want to do here is make friends and sing songs, but you’re making it goddam hard to make friends and sing songs! !

 

“Wow…” A voice called from behind me… “That was quite a speech there.”

 

“You…” I could feel myself blush from embarrassment. “What are you doing here?”

 

Mino just laughed and shrugged his shoulder. “I don’t know. You never replied to my letters, so I decided to see if you really hate me.”

 

“I don’t…” I took a step back, unsure what to do. “I don’t… so the notes weren’t just pranks?”

 

“A prank?” He threw his head up back in laughter. “Of course not! Nam Taehyun, I was serious when I told you that I like you. Don’t you believe me?”

 

I just sat there, dumbfounded by the sincerity in his voice. Is this guy for real? Confessing in front of his friends and Masta Wu? I looked around for help, hoping that he wont see my red cheeks. Hanbin looked pleased, but seemed guilty after he saw how sad Bobby looked. The rest of the team just cheered Mino on, happy that they get to see their hyung do something crazy for their entertainment. And Masta Wu… well Masta Wu…

 

“Great! Another gay couple. ing… Just go. All of you. No practice today. Go and have butt or whatever you gay boys do.” Masta Wu waved his clipboard around and sauntered out of the room, mumbling about how YG’s street cred is declining with the amount of gay couples in the company.

 

“Looks like you’re free now.” Mino flashed me that winning smile of his. “Come on… lets go cool you off.” he said, taking my hand and pulling me outside towards a flight of stairs.

 

“Wait. Wait.” I protested as he began to run up the steps. I let go of his hand and sat down to catch my breath. Undeterred, Mino went down a few steps and turned his back towards me.

 

“Jump on.” He said, giving me an over the shoulder wink.

 

“… You’re incorrigible.” I said, jumping onto his back anyways.

 

“Haha, you’re really sweaty Nam Taehyun.” He laughed as he began his slow climb.

 

“Shut up and keep climbing Song Minho.” I shot back, suddenly feeling embarrassed being so close to a masculine guy like him.

 

Mino just laughed my order off again. I held onto him tighter as the jolt of the ride began we continue our ascent to the roof. His shoulders are so broad, and all I can feel underneath his thin 3XL shirt are firm muscles working hard as he carry me to the top.

 

AAAAA

 

“Sorry I made you carry me all the way here… are you okay?” I pattered Mino’s arm as he’s bent to his knees trying to catch his breath. Poor guy.

 

“… uh-huh.” Mino wheezed out, his face red with exertion.

 

“You should’ve told me when you were tired.”

 

“No.” He gasped, shaking his head adamantly. “What are you talking *gasp* about? I’m not *gasp* tired at all.”

 

I laughed at his fake bravado. I know guys like him. He’s the type of guy who makes big gestures of affections then failing after realizing how hard it was. He’s all bluff. I opened my arms wide and let the wind whirred past me, the sweat and exertion from practice drying away leaving me refreshed and rejuvenated.

 

I walked to the edge of the roof until I was leaning against the railings. The wind was playing with my hair, messing up my perfectly parted hair. I screamed down onto the busy street of below, releasing the week’s worth of pent stress ad frustration. I could feel Mino staring at me intently from my side, and his attention is making me jittery with nerves.

 

“Whatchu looking at?” I pushed his shoulder playfully, feeling so free and liberated after my rant towards the B team. Mino just chuckled and followed me around the windy rooftop, catching my hand and turning me to face his serious face.

 

“You didn’t answer me.” He said, a small hopeful smile playing on his lips. “The first time that we met… you didn’t answer my question.”

 

“Oh.” I turn away from him to hide my smirk, secretly happy that he brought it up. “Why do you want to date me so badly anyways?”

 

“Because I can’t stop thinking about you! I feel like if I don’t say anything I’ll miss out on someone really special.

 

“Oh really?” I chuckled. What a smooth motherer, I thought, trying hard to hold myself back from screaming yes to this charming bastard. If he is going to make me his then he’s going to have to work for it.

 

“Ahh…” I sighed out loud, pretending that I didn’t hear a word that he just said. “But why me? I’m just a newbie who you know nothing about. I bet you’re going to dump me after a week.”

 

“Never!” Out of nowhere Mino stepped in front of me and grabbed my shoulders. “How could you say that? You’re so beautiful! I couldn’t think of any other girl that’s as gorgeous as you are. I could never be bored of you.” AlthoughI was satisfied with his answer, I pushed him away and walked to the edge of the roof.

 

“Booo stop lying!” I , enjoying the frantic look on his face as he tries to placate me.

 

“It’s true! Your eyes are so beautiful I could just stare at them all day. And I love your wit! The fact that you’re not just pretty, but smart and funny as well-“ Mino stomped his feet in frustration. Clearly he’s running out of words to woo me with. “It makes me angry that I haven’t met you earlier. You see? All I could think about how beautiful you are and how much I want to make you mine!”

 

“Really? You really think I’m beautiful?” I asked, pouting and crossing my arms to show him my aegyo. Mino sighed and massaged his furrowed brows, walking steadily towards me with a serious look on his face.

 

“Yes, now stop fishing for compliments and go out with me already!” he growled, pushing me against the railings with his arms splayed beside me.

 

Trapped between the busy street below and this terribly handsome er before me, I closed my eyes and gave him the biggest smile that I’ve ever given anyone before. “Maybe.” I whispered, laughing at his face before skipping away to the stairs to escape. Before I leave, I turned around to call on him one last time.

 

“I expect us to go on proper dates Song Minho! Pick me up for dinner and a movie on Sunday at 5!” I shouted across the rooftop, turning around as soon as I finish my sentence to rush back to the practice room.

 

Oh god… my cheeks feel so warm that it’s must be burning red right now. Instead of worrying about BI and practice tomorrow, all I could think about was about Sunday evening and the shirts I’m going try on wear for my date.

 

AAA

AN: Since songtonam requested a Teahyun POV, I couldnt help but to sink deep into the Namsong river... Hope you all enjoyed that, do let me know if yo do ^^

 

PS: GASP! Just found that a dude was dissing Bobby at SMTM3 and BI got pissed and owned him afterwards with a diss! Sorry guys, but the next chapter is going to be a Bobby POV because my Double B juices are flowing!