Flashback

Her Importance to Me (Double update)

Flashback

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sbju4j82Tw

 

'The gift you gave me becomes my tears'

Epik High - The Gift

2 years ago

Their promise…

“We shall never give up on our love, no matter what..”

Their pain…

“I can’t do this anymore.”

Their chosen path..

“Don’t let the fans think you are someone else girlfriend!”

“Do you think I can understand your non-stop relationship with the girl!”

“I hate you.”

***

Yonghwa twirled the pencil in between his fingers as he dreadfully watched the clock on his wall ticking closer to 2 am, he was waiting for her to call him back. He sat there, trying to control his growing temper as he eyed the photo sent on his email of her and her several guy friends being close and friendly. His eyebags and his growing pimples were all the signs of his worries as he drummed his fingers on his computer table.

He impatiently started to type in a text message to her but there was no reply receive for the 1 hour that he waited. He stayed seated there until morning… his eyes were blood shot red, he looked terrible when finally his phone starts to ring back.

He was about to answer when his manager dragged him outside for the next schedule, he was supposed to emphasize how important the phone call was for him but he decided to let her know of his anger.

He won’t answer..

Yes, he won’t…

Maybe she will have fun with her so called ‘OPPAS!

“Hyung, we are going to the toilet if anything call us okay?” Minhyuk said to Yonghwa.

“I left my phone at home.” Yonghwa answered curtly.

“What, then you should ask manager hyung to go back and bring it back to you..” Jungshin said concern.

“I don’t need it.”

“What if, hyungsoonim call?”

Yonghwa glared at Minhyuk who was calling Seohyun, his hyungsoonim.

“Do you have a fight with her?” Jonghyun asked, forming a few lines of wrinkles on his forehead.

“I don’t know, you should ask her.”

“Is it about, you agreeing to join the cast of the Heirs?”

“Maybe.”

“Hyung, she’s just mad..”

Yonghwa stayed silent but still managed to fake a smile on the airport, enough for the fans not to speculate anything ridiculous.

***

Yonghwa yawned as he clicks on the light switch on the dark room, only to be met with a tired looking Seohyun sitting on his living room couch.

“What are you doing here?”

Seohyun stayed silent as she slowly lifted her gaze to meet his, her eyes were tired. Her face was puffy, it looks like she just cried her eyes out while waiting for his arrival. He felt his cold heart, melted with the sight of her hurting.

“Why don’t you answer your phone?”

“I left it home.”

“Yes, I heard the ringtone coming from your room. Do you purposely leave it there?”

“What are you saying?”

“Why are you being so defensive?”

“Fine, I leave it there because you won’t answer your phone.”

“I already told you I’m getting the flight to Japan and will go to the recording of some variety show there right away don’t i?”

“Really? Sorry, It slips out of my mind.. Sorry okay?” Yonghwa massaged his hurting temples as he positioned his briefcase on the floor.

“Where are your dongsaengs?”

“Not yet home, they stop by the grocery shop.”

“I don’t get it why are you so mad with me not picking it up for just a night, you’re usually not like that.”

Yonghwa walked to his room, grabbing his phone before handing it to Seohyun opening the picture beforehand.

“What is this?”

“Your pictures..”

“Yes, so?” Seohyun eyebrows furrowed together.

“With guys..”

“Yes.. Is this wrong?”

“You don’t tell me about this.”

“I can’t contact you oppa.” She emphasized.

“I’m still mad.” Yonghwa crossed his arms on his chest, tapping his feet on the floor anxiously. Looking down at the still seated Seohyun. The latter shook her head and bited her lips as she tried to stop herself from breaking down there.

“Now, what did I do wrong? Tell me, I know something has been off with you. Speak it up, you can’t keep it bottle in. I won’t know the problem if you don’t talk Seo Joohyun.”

Seohyun stood up, feeling a surge of feelings about to explode breaking down her wall of composure. “Why you’re the one that’s mad? I should be the one who is mad!”

“What are you saying?”

“You accepted the role in Heirs don’t you!”

“It’s complicated.”

“You said you won’t accept it!”

“Hey, calm down won’t you. I have no choice the writer wanted me in her drama.”

“Hah! Then should I, accept the offer from the Heirs too? Then we will form a love triangle!” Seohyun knew she was losing control of herself but she doesn’t care anymore. She started to laugh madly as she claps her hand together faking a look of amusement.

“Seo Joohyun… calm down won’t you?”

“Why don’t you tell me, you’re accepting the role?” Seohyun’s tone grew weary, she was sobbing badly by now.

It was the exact definition of an ugly situation.

“Why aren’t you answering oppa?” Seohyun asked him, trying to control herself again.

“I…”

“Is this because of the girl?”

“Seo Joohyun!”

“What, is it wrong that I mention her?”

“Seo Joohyun!”

“That’s the only thing you can say to me? Calling my name, asking me to stop.”

“I’m not the only one in wrong right now, you were hanging out with your oppadeul.”

“It’s not ‘Oppadeul’ It was a 91 liners meeting. I haven’t been there in ages. Don’t try to push the blame on me. You are trying to put the blame on me. That’s low of you to be doing oppa!”

“What can I do if the female lead is her!?”

“Quit it, ensure me.. no ensure your freaking fans that you have no feelings for her!”

“I did! I already did.”

“It’s not enough.”

“Seo Joohyun…”

“I hate her!”

“What the?! Hey!” Yonghwa tried to touch Seohyun who tried to wriggle herself out from his hand.

“I hate myself too..”

“Hey..” Yonghwa pulled her into a hug.. He was having a bad feeling with this fight that they are having right now. They are rarely like this, especially Seohyun. She usually will understand about his works… or his problems. She was always there to hold his hand and said that she was fine with everything but this woman in front of him was broken so badly that he felt like he wanted to pick the pieces of broken glass and glue it together again so he hugged her tighter in a desperate need of not wanting her to break down even more.

“I hate myself for hating her. I hate myself for choosing the path. I hate myself for hating you. I hate myself for doubting what we have now.”

“Please Joohyun stop saying the word hate.”

“I never feel as insecure as I did today.. I hate what I’m doing right now oppa. I’m sick of lying, I’m sick of you being insisted as someone else boyfriend when we promised to love each other.”

“What can I do for you?” Yonghwa caressed her back, trying to calm her down as he pushed down her head for her to snuggle in his warmth.

“I’m sorry for being selfish but can you quit the Heirs?”

“I signed the contract, I couldn’t possibly ask to withdraw from committing to it.” Yonghwa slightly distance herself from him as he tried to make her understand by directly talking while looking at her eyes. The now broken and fragile eyes of hers, the dim looking eyes that were nowhere close to the usual sparkles she has on. It was shredding his heart into million pieces.

What has he done to this girl in front of him?

Was he so incapable of making her happy?

Was he so selfish, when she was there everytime he needed her?

“Okay.” Seohyun withdrew her hand from his, slightly shaking. “Oppa, I’m sorry but I can’t do this anymore.” Seohyun tilted her head to the side, ignoring the hurt evident on his eyes.

“Please, stop talking..”

“Let’s break up.”

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Please don't kill me for the angst on this chapter. *runssssssssssssssssss* Wait a minute, you guys are the one asking for the reason Yonghwa is being the way he was right? Well i gave you a glimpse of the reason there's no more Yongseo from the chapter before. Am I allow to label this fic as complete? *hides away from getting bricks on my head* I hope none of you feel hatred for Yongseo in this chapter, this is why i want to avoid writing the history again lol.

One more thing, i like the actress and i mean no harm. So no bashing, i'm sorry for using her in this... T.T

And yay! for a short chapter. Haha, i wrote this in the span of 2 hours. Mwahahaha. I love writing short updates. ^^