I thought I forgot this story…

█ « You Will Forget » [Eraser Feather Book 1]

        I thought I forgot this story…

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A/N: Just in case ; EunHyuk = Hyuk Jae ; Ayden = DongHae =)
Because I realized it can be confusing for someone who doesn't know.
Special thanks for the ones who commented, it sure motivates me! =3 ♥
Saranghae~
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬


“I hope you will.”Someone said, gathering Ayden's attention again.
“You?” he asked. “Aren’t you going to join Key, MinHo and ____?” Ayden asked innocently.
“Of course, yes. I just saw you, so I came before leaving.” He smiled “But I still hope you’ll be doing your work nicely. Just your job, nothing else.”
“What are you talking about… TaeMin?”
Ayden was still acting innocent.
“You exactly know what I’m talking about…” TaeMin smirked before putting on his innocent face.
“Who are you exactly?” Ayden asked abruptly. This last sentence wasn't sounding like the innocent TaeMin he met a while ago.
“Just do your job and don’t hurt ____ too much. What kind of friend would you be?” TaeMin said.

Ayden was now confused. Was TaeMin talking about the job of being a friend… or the other job? TaeMin saw the confusion and just shrugged, this time he looked really innocent. Behind him, an Ayden’s long time acknowledge appeared. His eyes widened at his sight.

“Hyuk… Hyuk Jae?” Ayden asked, literally shocked.

The named Hyuk Jae never answered nor looked at Ayden. He stared at TaeMin who ran back to him.

“I’m leaving Ayden Hyung. See you next time!” TaeMin waved and went away with the other boy.

Ayden was now as still as a statue. “How can that be? Was it really Hyuk Jae? It’s impossible…” He looked at the floor. Two white feathers were on the floor, one next to DongHae, the other one was a little further. Ayden took the two feathers but as soon as he touched the one who was further, it slowly turned a bit grey then dark.

“Something bad is up…” he whispered darkly.

███ BACK TO YOU:

You were at Key, MinHo and TaeMin’s home. The three boys were apparently living together in a big flat. You were so amazed. They were only students, how could they afford this when living by themselves? It wasn’t even making sense.

“Key’s parents and mine are helping paying this. They think it’s good for us to live by ourselves sometimes so we are not to dependant.” MinHo said.

You nodded in understanding. Still, their parents had to be rich to afford this to their children and be living somewhere else. You sighed. They gave you something to eat; you didn’t hesitate and try it. You felt comfortable until you noticed you were alone with two boys. You slapped mentally yourself. Hopefully nobody would hear about this and you could avoid the awkwardness. The boys and you played some games (no video games, they thought it would not be as much fun).

“We’re home!” screamed a sweet voice you recognized as TaeMin’s.
“Welcome home boys!” the two other boys shouted back.

You frowned. “We” and “Boys”? Was TaeMin with someone? You felt suddenly awkward as you discovered another boy with short black hair. He had sharp black eyes and wasn’t much taller than TaeMin. The boy looked at you and smiled finally.

“Hello, I’m Lee EunHyuk. You are ____, right?” he asked with a gummy smile.
“Yes I’m…” you answered but were wondering how he knew about you.
“I heard quite a lot about you…” he answered, nodding his head.
“Oh, really?” you were surprised.
“I’m nice to finally meet you. Hope we will be good friends, since I’m in your school as well.” He said.
“Really? Which class and section are you-” you were about to ask something but your phone rang. “Sorry… I'll be back.”

You walked a bit away from them and looked at the caller ID: ‘DongHae Oppa~’. You slapped your hand over your mouth, realizing you forgot about him. You tried to discuss in your head whether answering or not. Your phone was now ringing for the second time and MinHo asked you if everything was alright about the caller, so you finally decided to pick up and talk with Ayden/DongHae.

“Hello?”
“____, where are you?”
he asked cautiously.
“Sorry Oppa, I suddenly had another plans and I couldn’t say no… I didn’t plan on-” he cut your sentence.
“It’s okay ____... Just, tell me where you are.” His voice was little though.
“I’m with friends…” you answered, not really wanting to say you were at Minho’s and Key’s home. It would sound weird. There was a pause… “I really didn’t mean to leave like this…”
“It’s okay. We need new friends, don’t we? We don’t have to be always stuck together.”
He sounded distant and his voice was emotionless but he wasn’t hesitating, not even a bit.

You didn’t know why but these sentences hurt you. You remembered how much friends he had around him earlier. He even had fangirls… It looked like Ayden didn’t care about you and him getting less and less closer. You thought he would never be like all these people who forget about you easily after being all close. But obviously, he was like that. You really thought he was different. In three months, the two of you had become so close… and it was already going down. I wished I never got this quickly close to you then, stupid! you thought, feeling like kicking something.

“Something looks wrong ____...” EunHyuk popped next to you.
“Who’s that?” DongHae asked on the phone.
“Oh, no, everything is alright EunHyuk…” you answered him, ignoring DongHae on the phone.
“____, who’s that EunHyuk guy?” he asked, suddenly being impatient.
“A new friend…” you answered coldly.
“… … … Are you with TaeMin as well?” he asked.
“Why do you ask?”
“So, yes you are with him… Where are you exactly again?”
he asked again.
“Why do you mind?”
“Just tell me or come out, now.”
He demanded.
“Why all of the sudden? Do you have a problem?”
“No… Just listen to me, I don’t want you to stay with them.”
“This is too much now.”
You bluntly said, not even realizing it.
“It’s not the time to argue ____. Meet me at school or else I’m coming where you are.”
“You don’t even know where I am! Really, you’re acting weird!”


EunHyuk eyes were still on you but you were strangely okay with it… You felt like gaining confidence with him being here

“Telling me we need different friends and all, and then asking me to meet you and leave them. I’m not your puppet, Ayden!”
“Why are you so mad?”
he asked. You didn’t even know yourself but was thinking each word you said. “You forgot about me first, I have the right to ask you to come now.”
“You said it was okay. Why now it would suddenly be a problem? Moreover, you are the one avoiding me or pretending to forget to say hello in the morning. And this only because of a freaking feather story!”

“I have my reasons…”
“And should I be satisfied with this?”
“Are you coming or not?”
he demanded again.

You were about to answer when EunHyuk grew impatient and asked for your phone, you hesitated but he finally grabbed it. He went away with it and came back a minute or so after. A smile grew on his lips when he ended the call... leaving you suddenly feeling bad but… what could you possibly do? Leave them and join Ayden? No way! What about your pride? You smiled at EunHyuk and MinHo who were still eyeing you a bit and joined back the others to have some fun. You sat on the sofa and Key made MinHo sat in between you and EunHyuk. Therefore, you discussed a lot with MinHo but you couldn’t focus… ‘I have my reasons’ Ayden had said. What did he mean? Was there something about the feather or you being with TaeMin and EunHyuk? He didn’t even meet EunHyuk but sounded so hostile about him talking with you.

“You argued again with Ayden, right?” MinHo asked suddenly.
“Yes…” you sighed.

MinHo took you by the hand and led you in the kitchen. He sat on the border of the table and you did the same, next to him. He stared at you and opened his mouth.

“Tell me about the matter, you will feel better.”
“Are you sure?”
he nodded and you didn't even wait to drop it all, “It’s just he thinks of me as a puppet. He will act all friendly and then forget about me… He has plenty of friends and he wasn’t paying much attention to me these days. But now, he suddenly remembered, and he is like ‘Meet me now’ ‘Come now’…” you sighed. “Plus, I feel like he’s always hiding things from me. Why am I always wasting my time with people who don’t truly care about me?”

You paused a bit and he sighed.

“Don’t think like that…”
“But it’s how it is! He was like ‘you’re not alone, I’m here’ and look now! Who was there for me this morning? You and Key. Who asked me spontaneously after class? You and Key. Who is listening to my stupid babbling? You… Where is he in all of this? Asking me to meet him and to leave you, like this, for some reasons and he doesn’t even want to explain. What’s his problem?”


MinHo gently tapped your back to comfort you.

“I don’t even know why I’m so mad: I met him only three months ago. I should not expect too much from a guy I knew for this little.”
“In three months, a lot can happen… It’s been three months since I first met you, you know… I wished we would be already this close.”
His head dropped.
“It’s… it’s different, we were not in the same class. Though, you have always texted me or called me. We would meet and you'd come to me right away. I know you are sincere. Don’t compare yourself to him.” You hurriedly said, making him chuckle.
“Yes, it’s different, but I know how a heart remembers its scars and feelings. If you feel betrayed by a friend, you will become more suspicious about some other friends. It’s natural. However, I don’t want us to be suspicious about each other.”

You fell silent. He was right. At this moment, you were even cautious about the words he just said. What if MinHo was to forget you right after, just like Ayden did? You were feeling worse and worse. He sighed.

“Can I confess something?” he suddenly asked. You nodded and looked at him, “This is awkward… but I can’t hide this anymore. You can notice we are living in the same neighbourhood, right?”
“Yes, that’s right, I live a little further only. How do you know?”
“Actually, I noticed you a while before we met at the theatre. Your friend, Lina, was taking the bus I was taking too. I remember, on your way to your school, you would always say hello to her if you guys were meeting.”
“Seriously? Wow! I never noticed…”
“I was always already on the bus or late when you were out, that’s why!”
he joked. You laughed. “I sound like a stalker, right?” you laughed again.
“No! It's natural to remember someone you meet a lot, I’m just so blind sometimes…” he nodded his head.
“Blind and noisy, the whole street would hear you laugh! It was easy noticing you!” he chuckled as you slapped his arm. “Ow! Don’t slap me! Else I’m going to fight back!” he warned.
“TRY!” you challenged.

He smiled at you and went to the fridge, took some Chantilly cream and ran in your direction while you were running away.

“You are SO not doing this, you, stalker!” you jokingly warned.
“Oh yes I’m going to do this, you, blind loud girl!” he answered the same way. He cornered you smartly and left a big Chantilly creamed mark on your face.
“You are so lucky it’s your house!”
“Make yourself at home then, my dear!”
“You will regret saying this, you know that?”
“… ‘TRY’ to make me regret it!”


You took some cream from your face and chased MinHo around the kitchen. He bumped into Key, which gave you the time to mark his face. Key groaned at your war and threw some water (from the glass he was drinking) at you both, before MinHo responded. TaeMin joined the fun with EunHyuk while Onew and JongHyun were betting on who will be the winner of this war. Soon, the kitchen was a total chaos filled with laughter.