Will you forget how close we were?

█ « You Will Forget » [Eraser Feather Book 1]

           Will you forget how close we were?

So here we were: in front of the cinema. We were all going to see “Avatar”. It was so exciting that we could not stop chatting. I was playing with one of my close friend, him teasing me and chasing me in the cinema hall. That was it when suddenly, Ayden, or should I say, DongHae Oppa caught me in his arms. I could feel his muscles as he was using them to lift me up. I started to struggle as he laughed and shouted around « One ____ to sell, one! Who wants one ___? » while I was complaining, calling his name, even with “Oppa” but nothing would make him stop. Playfully some of my friend said they didn’t want to buy me as I pouted, sticking my tongue at them. It was when a boy appeared, amused by us.

- « What is her price? » he said in low yet amused tone.

DongHae looked at me silently then at the boy. All of the sudden, he nodded as if he came to a conclusion.

- « She has no price… » he answered as he let go of me, petting my head.

I looked at DongHae, quite surprise with his serious tone.

- « I guess so. » said the other boy who I could finally see the face… A stranger.
- « I’m Choi Minho, nice to meet you. Sorry to interfere in your fun, but I was dared to do so... » he laughed a bit.
- « It’s okay; you saved me from this fishy boy! » I exclaimed as DongHae hit my arm, the Minho laughed at us.
- « Not “fishy boy”! But "DongHae Oppa"! Say it! Ooooppa! DongHae Oppa~ »
- « Okay okay, DongHae Oppa~ » I imitated. He just pinched my cheek with a smile.
- « So you’re Korean? » Minho asked as his friends gathered behind him, waving at us cutely.
- « Yeah, Donghae is Korean! »

I told, gesturing to the concerned boy who smiled a bit, examining the Choi MinHo from every angle… in a gently manner, though. I tried hard not to furrowed my eyebrows, what was he up to again?!

- « Oh okay, that’s why you call him ‘Oppa’ then… » he said nodding his head. « What film are you going to watch? »
- « Avatar! It seemed nice. » I looked at DongHae again, who was still eyeing Minho cautiously but still not in a rough way. Was he gay or…? I laughed in my head.
- « Oh! We’re going to watch it as well! » they all exclaimed cheerfully, nodding their heads and chatting loudly - I wasn't understanding a thing.
- « Yah! We are noisy... » said MinHo, trying to calm them before giving me a cute little smile.
- « What about watching it all together? It could be nice… » asked the one who looked like the younger, holding onto Minho’s shoulder. « I’m TaeMin by the way » he whispered, waving cutely.
- « Err… TaeMin, they may want to be alone… » softly said by a boy with a bright smile.

TaeMin’s eyes widened as he seemed to get some hints his friend was giving.

- « WOH! » he put his hand on his mouth « Oh you mean they are a couple? Sorry, I don’t get these things easily. » He said embarrassed.
- « EH? Us? A couple? » DongHae and I were looking and pointing respectively at ourselves, shocked.
- « We’re not a couple, we’re friends… Ah, chingu you know. » I explained, feeling awkward as I was talking too fast.
- « We’re here with schoolmates. » DongHae added, pointing his thumb over his shoulder to our schoolmates.
- « Oh okay! » they said in unison. « We thought you were haha! So it’s okay for us to join then? » asked a black haired one. « And I'm Kim Ki Bum, but call me Key. » He gave a smile and a mischievous wink.
- « Nice to meet you all, I’m ____ and I think it’s okay for you joining us. » I smiled looking at Ayden who nodded, giving me a little smile.

They all cheered playfully and we started to introduce ourselves, chatting and playing. We were getting along well… Especially me, DongHae (of course) and Minho. We were like a golden trio. We finally entered the cinema room still chatting and we decided to make way apart with our schoolmates, because we couldn’t all stand in a same row. We had bought popcorn and candies. Uh, actually, Onew (alias mister bright squirrel smile) and DongHae paid for it… Never mind, we were all now enjoying the film. I was even on the verge of tears at a scene as DongHae elbowed me playfully when he saw this. I threw a bit of popcorn at him as he replied, throwing some back. However, it landed on Minho shoulders and he thought it was me. So, he pinched my arm in response and I whined a bit at the small pain and threw whatever I could at him. I was between him and DongHae, so I collected pain from both of them and they only waited for me to pout to finally stop teasing me, smiling and trying hard to hide their laugh.

- « You’re funny… » they said at the same time, as they looked at each other then.
- « And you both are annoying! » I answered, folding my arms over my chest as the film ended.
- « Aaah~ don’t be like this! » DongHae said, checking his watch « Wow, it’s already 19:30… You’ve to go home at which hour? »
- « It doesn’t matter, no more than 22:30, my mother would understand. » I said.
- « Hum… Maybe, but how about hanging out a bit until 20:00 or 20:30? » he looked at the boys who were looking at me.
- « We’re okay since it’s the week-end. » They agreed.
- « Ayden, I’m not a baby I can go out and last as long as I wish… » I puffed my cheeks after rolling my eyes.
- « You are a baby! » he said with huge eyes as if it was obvious « And I’m responsible of you. »
- « I thought YOU did want ME to be YOUR mother ! »
- « Yah, yah, yah! Don't argue kids, I'm the mother here anyway » Key said like, indeed, a mother. We all laughed.
- « Whatever! I guess we shouldn’t waste time anymore! Let’s go out! »

I exclaimed a bit, happy to meet new people… especially when I get along well with them. I wished that too, to meet new people. It was like all my old dreams were realizing... since... since Ayden/DongHae was in my life.

Anyway...

I was mostly playing with Taemin and talking with him and Key while JongHyun and Onew were doing silly things around the streets. I eventually joined them. DongHae and Minho were always talking with each other. Was it “friendship at first sight”? Haha, I guessed we could call that this way. Soon enough it was 20:20 and DongHae walked me back home. I still don’t know why today, but I asked him if he wanted to enter. The words just came out without me knowing it. He was hesitant and surprised but he said yes.
As my mother was out, we spent time watching TV and chatting in the living room but he brought an awkward topic.

- « Hum… Now! What about boys? »
- « What? »
I asked, shocked by the question.
- « I’m asking you about boys, your boyfriend, ex-boyfriends, crush or whatever… » he said looking straight into my eyes. My heart, unconsciously, started to beat a little bit louder.
- « Are you trying to do as girls during pajama parties? » I tried to joke.
- « No, I just wanted to know. It looks like, plus, that this Minho likes you. » He said, daydreaming at the ceiling now as my heart accelerated a bit, and this time I realized it.
- « You are the one who seems in love with him haha! » I laughed a bit too much as he pinched my arm without even looking at me.
- « Don’t make fun of this, I was serious. I’m not gay plus… » he mumbled the last part annoyingly.
- « We just met Oppa, don’t be silly! » I pushed him lightly. « And yes you looked like you were g-a-y » I mumbled the last part as well just to tease.
- « Maybe, but he looks like a good guy, he’s handsome, gentle, intelligent and he sure likes you. » Then he mumbled, « You are gay as well then if I’m… »
- « I CAN'T BE GAY YOU! I'm a GIRL » I exclaimed before adding « Even if all of this is right, it’s too early to think about… this. » I was frowning a bit.
- « ‘This’? Love? Love at first sight does exist I believe… » he was still looking like he was daydreaming.
- « Aigo! I don’t… It’s stupid. » I sighed, trying to slow down the race of my heartbeats.
- « You don’t? » he asked in a suddenly too low tone. « You really… don’t? »

Saying this softly, he suddenly stopped gazing at the ceiling and looked at me, his intensive eyes deep into my eyes. He never stopped to do that for a whole minute and I couldn’t dare to look away at first. The race of my heartbeats finally went wild, beating fast, fast, too fast, so fast. Why?

He stood up, out of the blue, looking at his watch.
- « Time to go for me ____. I’ll text you when I got home. See you, okay? »
- « Okay! »

I answered, slightly disappointed but relieved too: I would not die this day from a heart attack! When I walked him to the door, my mother entered the house, exchanging a ‘goodbye’ to DongHae. Just after he left, I saw her smile.

- « He’s nice this Ayden, isn’t he? »
- « Oh please Mum, I wouldn’t stand any “boys” topic anymore… »
I said looking like a vegetable.
She just shrugged, mubbling 'What's with her again?'

I went back to my bedroom and fell on my bed. I looked at the feather I found the day I met Ayden. It was still shining like the first day. This felt magic. I took it and played with it. I was planning to think about my old dreams, Ayden and his attitude but suddenly, my mother entered the room and handed me the phone.

- « For you ___, it's your father... » she said bitterly.

My eyes widened. It has been more than ten years... 14 years exactly since the last time I saw him... and heard him. And now, she, my mother, was asking me to take this phone and eventually talk with him... Why? Why now?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I posted 2 chapters today because it took time for me to update so...
From this chapter on, the story will take another turn.
Some chapters will be as plain as the first ones, but it will get a bit more dark and actions will fill hopefully the story as the chapters would go on =D
Special thanks to itsrainingbunnies <3

There will be at least one new character... Who shoud I choose? Haha, tell me if you have ideas, else I will choose but how hard hehehehe =)

See you~~