Never forget I’m here for you!

█ « You Will Forget » [Eraser Feather Book 1]

          Never forget I’m here for you! 


- « ____? »

I was frozen. His voice was so… old-like. Was it really my... father? He had said my name, as if he knew it… Did he remember about me? Had he never forgotten? Or did he just listened to my mother? I didn’t know how to react.

“Hm, Hello…” was my only answer.

From this on, he started to talk for minutes and minutes. It lasted at least two hours. He was like trying to catch up with me but I was obviously reluctant. That’s all blankly I ended the call. When I faced again my mother after this, all I could see was anger. Not at me, I knew it but soon again, she started to sort out her feelings by making me the cause of her problems. I was not as good as she expected, I knew it but still she could hide it or just blurt it.
I suddenly felt like crying even more that I was at the moment already and was about to leave when she did it. She never came back that night and at the morning, there were still no signs of her. Totally depressed, I decided I wouldn’t go to school and just curl into my comforter. Anyway, when I woke up, it was already late. It was noon when the doorbell rang. I was so overwhelmed I almost jumped out of fear. But I eventually stood up and tried to see who it was at the door. I could guess Ayden’s childlike face and would have smiled at his waving hand if I weren’t still a bit crying. I tried to forget all the matters. I dried my tears, breathed and finally opened the door.

“I was about to force the door!” he exclaimed right when I opened, before dropping his smile at my sight. He frowned a moment but smiled again.
“Hey, what are you doing here?” I asked with a little voice.
“I should be the one asking! Are you sick? You look pale… I was coming to make sure you were okay but it looks like it’s not the case…”
“I’m fine, just a bit tired and I may have caught a cold.”
I felt bad for lying but…
“Oh…” he paused before making obvious the bag he was bringing “I bought us something to eat… can I tag along? I feel suddenly unwell too…” he joked.
“Sure, welcome at my hospital! Come in, come in!” I answered sarcastically as he entered with a smirk.

██ No One's POV

He comfortably went to the kitchen and started to cook some Korean plates. Slowly, you managed to really forget a little bit the whole situation about your mother thanks to his interactions. He was always acting so mysterious but so happy-looking while he gave this nostalgic feeling. You did not know much about him yet which was a first for you. Usually, people would tell you most of the things about them at first sight and wouldn’t even know one thing about your life in exchange. With Ayden, the situation was totally different. The positions were switched. You realized it as slowly watching him putting the plates on the table.

“Do I have something on my face or am I just THAT distracting?” he asked, chuckling a bit.
You snorted “Do you think you are this interesting?!” he laughed at this, pinching your nose.

He sat down the seat beside you and told you to try it first. You awkwardly asked him how to eat this food (you were not familiar with the food he cooked). He laughed it, took his chopsticks, grabbed some food, melanged some things with another and put his chopsticks in front of your mouth. You stared at him.

“Come on, just open your mouth~” he sang joyfully. You couldn’t help but laugh.
“You’re so childish!” you exclaimed, trying to avoid the chopsticks.
“Come on!!” he whined, still handing the food “Just eat it”

You sighed and opened your mouth. When the food only touched your tongue, you made a pleased sound. This was just delicious. You looked at him with huge eyes as he laughed at you.

“It tastes so good… Have you really done this by yourself?” you asked.
“Of course! Do you think I have magic powers so I can make food appear?” he asked, a sly smile on his lips… Sly… Why a sly one? Oh, come on! No time for questions now!
“Perhaps” you shrugged.

He then taught you how to eat the plates by yourself even if you both enjoyed him feeding you. You were about to stand up to wash the now empty plates when the phone rang. Your body froze as you stared at the phone. You slowly went to it and tried to see the phone number of the caller. Your mother. You really didn’t want to talk to her so you waited for the phone stopping ringing.

“You aren’t going to take this call?” asked Ayden, snapping you out of your trance.
“No…” you answered simply.
“____... what happened?” he softly asked. You realized he had moved from his chair. Ayden was then right on your back.
“Uh?”
“Don’t you really think I’m going to believe you are sick? You look a bit weak but… I have the feeling something happened…” he said with worry in his voice.
You shrugged “My father suddenly decided to patch up with me and brought back some painful memories. My mother went wild out of anger and our usual topics of arguments showed up in the process. Nothing major.”
“Major enough to make you feel bad… though…”
“I’m okay. I just need some time off everything…”
you breathed nervously.
“Tell me what exactly showed up…”

Without you even knowing how and why, you dropped the entire thing at him. He never stopped you and listened carefully, nodding to let you know he was understanding what you were telling him. You felt stupid when you stopped. It wasn’t something that huge but it hurt you so much since…

“She is the only parent I have, the only person I have… I don’t enjoy these kinds of situations…” you almost sobbed again but kept it inside of you.
“Do you feel… alone?” he asked.
“Isn’t this normal? We’re just the two of us you know…”
“Stupid…”
he breathed.
“What?”
“I said you.were.stupid!”
he emphasized the last words “You’re not alone (Hehe “Down down down. No no no no”).I’m here! Don’t you think a bit about me, MinHo, our friends and all?”
“I know but…”

“No buts! Whatever what you’re saying, just call me next time. I’ll be right here…” you nodded as he pinched gently your cheek “Here! So, don’t forget it, okay?”

You were about to nod when he winced. You looked up questioningly at him but he just hugged you.

“I wish you’d remember…” he whispered.
“I will!” you answered stubbornly. He gave you one of his usual nostalgic smiles as he broke the hug, shaking his head. You frowned but he suddenly gasped at something on the sideboard.
“What is this?” he asked with widened eyes. You looked at the direction he was pointing and smiled suddenly.
“Oh, this! I found it the day I met you just on the street. I found it beautiful so…”
“Don’t keep it.”
he sharply requested.
“What?”
“Don’t keep it I said.”
He looked at you with dark eyes.
“What’s wrong with you? I want to keep it…” you argued. He breathed, trying to calm down.
“It won’t give you any luck to keep it.” he added but dropped the subject, deciding to go out a bit. You didn’t object. However, it had been weird after this.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A/N: Such a long time, sorry!
Well after this chapter, things will slowly starting to get interesting and... fantasy-like ^^