« Will you forget the day we met? »

█ « You Will Forget » [Eraser Feather Book 1]

My name is ___ ___, I’m 18 and I guess it doesn’t really matter where I live. Well… although I have to tell you that all of this has taken place first in England. I was a normal student, it was my last year and my class was just a mess. Of course, I had my own friends but school was just feeding me up! You’ll say it is just natural, most of the pupils and students all around the world are this way. Perhaps, perhaps not. All I was caring about was my little world: my friends, my mother and people I like. Oh and music as well… Hum. I guess you don’t really care about it so let’s start with the telling...

It was a plain day. I hated and liked those ‘so plain day’ at the same time. Because it was okay to know that nothing horrible will happen. However, when you knew what a plain day was at that school… you wouldn’t like it.
I headed to my classroom, and guess what was my first class… Math! I swore I would go crazy! I just say some ‘Hello’ to my friends and some people I was able to stand in this class. I had no problem with anybody but some of them were just annoying and immature. Plus they were always arguing and fighting for no reason. Therefore, I didn’t pay attention to those disturbing people and sat down on my chair behind my desk. I didn’t even look at the teacher who was totally weird in my opinion and so stressful as well.
A plain and oh so boring day!

- « Please hurry up! We’ve already lost two minutes since the beginning. You know it… » started our Math teacher… while Thomas was sighing.
- « Yeah and while he’s saying that, we lose time as well… »
- « True. » That’s all came out of my mouth.

The lesson had finally started when we all heard a knock on the door. All the attention was now on this door and it was an opportunity to escape just a while this boring lesson. When our teacher finally got that someone had knocked, he just screamed a ‘come in’ before remaining stand next his beloved blackboard! If it weren’t an administration secretary, he would have go on without even caring. But it was… and of course the classroom went so calm.

- « How strange… »

I whispered sarcastically as the woman came in. Not alone, but followed by a young man around our age. Although he looked younger, but I guess it was because of his childish smile which was stuck on his mouth all during the secretary’s speech. So, something is finally new in my world? I thought. A new student, an Asian boy by the way, not that tall, brownish hair that he surely died, white teeth and twinkling eyes. To tell the truth, I was amazed by his cuteness. He was sure good looking. Well some people have no interest in Asian boys or girls… However, I think everybody would find him at least cute.

- « So here is your new schoolmate. He is Ayden Lee. He comes from Asia but can totally speak our language. He may sometimes have a hard time to understand or say something but I think it will be okay. Help him, hum? »

Nobody really replied but the woman didn’t expect or even wait for an answer. She just left. And the poor boy was left like this, looking like an orphan lost in a too big place for him. The teacher hurried to tell him to find a seat, and he kept on looking for one with the same lost expression. I smiled, it was funny. Suddenly he walked, with a all new confidence. I found it weird but was surprised to find him sitting behind me and asking me for the book, page and exercise. I blinked, really surprised - I meant it!

- « Sorry, I surprised you right? »
- « Hum? Oh, it’s okay. Just a moment, I forgot the page; let me take a look… »

He just laughed. And somewhat, it was strange.
You know… it wasn't a laugh that means that you’re amused, nor sarcastic… It was like a tired, sad or nostalgic one. I just mentally slapped my face: thinking of stupid things or eventual things, which weren’t real wouldn't do anything good.

...

The class went on as usual, just was our new schoolmate totally surprised by the class' loss of interest in the professor's speech. I had to explain him that it was the way things were in this school. I guess since I was the first person he talked to, he tried to be my friend so that’s why we kept on hanging around together all day long.
Ayden was delighting, really gentle and fun to be around. It was sometimes getting on my nerves, as he was looking too cool to be normal, but I couldn't help and feel at ease with him. We even walked together back home as our homes seemed to be near to each others…

- « So here I am! Well. See you tomorrow then, Ayden. »
- « Okay ___! »
- « Wow! You remembered about my name. »
- « Of course I did. » he smiled.
- « People used to have a hard time to remember a name of a people they just met… »
- « I do remember about everything. Even of what people end up forg-… »

He suddenly trailed off, his eyes twinkling and his smile falling. I frowned. What was wrong? He was looking so sad all of the sudden... As if he heard my thougts, he coughed and smiled again. Strange.

- « Well you should just go do your homework or else you'll have problems. » I grimaced, even though I caught he changed the topic.
- « I don’t like doing it! » I blurted out.

Again he laughed, this time of amusement… well, I guess.

- « Ow! You’ll have to do it anyway you know. Or I’ll force you to! Mwahaha! » He tried to frighten childishly… and I just laughed. How could you act indifferent?
- « Okay, okay! Since I’m so scared, I’ll do this silly homework… » I joked gently.
- « If you want, we could, and this whenever you want, do it together times to times. Everything is more warming and funnier when we’re not alone. » that was exactly what I was thinking before I changed into a I-am-bored monster.
- « You’re really warm! I keep this in mind okay? But this time I have to go Ayden, See you! »

I turned my back and headed to my apartment wondering about my new friend.
What happened to him after my “See you”? I don’t know… I turned automatically my back just to watch him walking away but… He was nowhere to be seen. He just disappeared like the wind and when I realized it, all I could tell myself was ‘He may just be fast’. But it didn’t convince myself strangely: what was up with me? Perhaps was it because something about him was strange. Even our start of friendship was. When I looked back to the entry of my building, I found a feather silently falling… It was shining a bit like a diamond… I was so amazed by it that I decided to keep it for me.