4

Food is Always a Good Thing 2.0

Sungjong smiled as he walked beside Myungsoo, hands in his pockets. He'd been anticipating this for quite some time; that didn't mean he wasn't still excited though. He had to keep in mind that more contact than necessary was a bad thing, especially since he didn't want to really so much as scare off his friend. He knew that Myungsoo was comfortable with skinship a lot of the time, and that they ended up a lot more intimate than he could have possibly imagined with any of his other hyungs.

Then again, this wasn't one of those times. He felt a little awkward, especially since his intentions behind agreeing to go along with today were less as friends and more as a prospective relationship. He smiled, glancing over at the other and seeing he seemed more tense than Sungjong at the moment. He hesitantly nudged the other in the side, feeling a little bad when he saw the little jump in response to the gentle touch.

"You okay?"

"Huh?" Myungsoo seemed a little dazed but focused and nodded quickly, "Yeah, just thinking about stuff."

He wasn't sure if he wanted to really pry further, but he figured that Myungsoo would tell him when he wanted.

"So...shopping, right?" Sungjong paused for a moment, waiting for Myungsoo to get back on track.

"Ah, yeah! Right. Let's go shopping--if you want anything, tell me, alright?"

Sungjong nodded slowly, unsure if this was really okay, but Myungsoo said it was, so he figured it was.

Walking through the mall proved to be fun in its own way. They walked past different stores, looking at different clothes, shoes, and other such things. Myungsoo more or less was quiet through most of it, but he was happy, and Sungjong could tell.

"One day, you'll get to meet my hyungs at the daycare, and the kids too! Oh my god, Myungie, they're so cute! I can't wait to see how much they'll love their handsome oppa!" Of course, these were not really thought out, so he didn't really realize that he'd called Myungsoo "Myungie" and handsome in one go. He also failed to notice Myungsoo's embarrassed flush from both the pet name and compliment.

They approached a toy store and Sungjong peeked inside.

"Do you want to go in?" Myungsoo questioned, amused at the unsure look to his eyes.

"It's for kids, though..." He pouted and seemed to be struggling with his choices, "Ah, that's right! I need to get toys! For the kids!" He hurried into the store, and Myungsoo chuckled, following him inside.

"If there's anything that catches your eye, tell me." He smiled at Sungjong's absent-minded nod and 'uh-huh'.

Browsing the aisles, Sungjong found quite a few things that both he and the kids would like--primarily stuffed animals. In the end, although he wanted to come here to find something that he liked, he ended up really thinking about what the kids would like. 

"Sungjong-oppa?" Sungjong looked around before his eyes landed on a small child he instantly recognized. He smiled and squatted down so he was more or less eye level, give or take a few inches. 

"Boyoung? What are you doing here?" He smiled as she ran up to him, giggling as he picked her up and carried her as usual--on his hip.

"My mommy took me here! We're gonna get birthday present!" Sungjong grinned, putting on a confused face.

"Birthday? It can't possibly be yours; yours was what? A year ago?" He grinned again when she squealed, lightly hitting him with her small chubby hand.

"Oppa! It's every year! I turn five in..." she counted on her fingers, "...six days!" She held up five fingers, and Sungjong gently fixed it with a smile.

"Yeah, oppa knows; and he's gonna have something special for you on your birthday, so don't forget to ask your mommy if you can come to daycare on your special day, okay?" He poked her nose before crouching and setting her down.

"Okay oppa! I'll see you tomorrow!" She waved as she waddled off towards her mother who was at the end of the aisle, watching them with a smile. Sungjong smiled and waved, sighing happily. Kids always made his day.

"Now I've seen the great Sungjong-oppa in action, I can confidently say that you'd be a great wife." Sungjong jumped and turned to see Myungsoo smirking a little, eyes twinkling in amusement.

Sungjong flushed, "Ya!" He grinned then, jutting his hip out and resting his hands on his hips, "I'd be the best damn wife there is." He looked to the items on the shelves, picking out a small stuffed bunny and holding it. "I want to get this for Boyoung for her birthday," he said softly, affectionately.

"Next week, right?"

Sungjong nodded, smiling. He heard the rustling of plastic as Myungsoo shifted his weight and looked down at his hand to find a huge bag. "What's that?"

Myungsoo shrugged, "Something." He grinned then, poking Sungjong in the nose, imitating the other. "You'll see eventually," he teased.

Sungjong pouted, "Fine then. Don't tell me." He started toward the front, asking if the clerk could wrap it up somehow. Myungsoo paid for it, and they left on their way, doing more window shopping than anything. After they left the mall, Myungsoo suggested ice cream, and, being Sungjong, he eagerly accepted the kind offer. "Thanks hyung."

"No problem." When they arrived at the ice cream shop, Myungsoo turned to him, "What flavor?"

Sungjong pursed his lips, thinking about the different flavors, "I want...chocolate." Myungsoo smiled and nodded, ordering chocolate for Sungjong and vanilla for himself.

After Myungsoo paid, they went to sit down and ate their ice cream. "Is it good?" Sungjong nodded, "Yeah, this place is pretty good."

"Ah, so I was thinking we could see a movie after this. You know that new movie, right?"

Sungjong perked up, "The scary one?"

Myungsoo nodded with a smile, slightly cringing on the inside, 'It's for him'.

"But hyung, don't you hate scary movies?" His tongue darted out and his ice cream, his lips next.

Myungsoo hummed, "Well, yeah, but if you want to see it, let's see it. I'd rather you enjoy watching a movie than have to sit through one bored. Plus, it's not like a scary movie will really bore me, you know?"

Sungjong nodded after a moment, "Yeah, that's true. Alright, scary movie it is! And don't be afraid to hang onto me if you're scared, hyung." He grinned, teasing the other.

"Ya, I'm not that big of a coward!" Myungsoo pouted, knowing it was far from the truth.

"Sure, whatever you say."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: So I got this done. Their date isn't finished yet, but it'll get done, trust me. Hopefully before the end of my winter break, before school can trap me in its dark embrace once again.