1

Food is Always a Good Thing 2.0

A knock at the door alerts Myungsoo to a visitor, and he looks over from the couch lazily, allowing his head to drop onto the back and placing his neck in a compromising position. Too lazy to get up and greet them (and already sure of who it is), he suppresses a smile as he calls out, “The door’s open!”

 

The knob turns and the doors open to reveal a familiar ball of sunshine and attractiveness. “I’m coming in,” he announces with a smile, stepping inside and closing the door, pausing to remove his shoes at the entrance. “Have you eaten today?”

 

Myungsoo lifted his head before turning his body to look at his guest and examine his figure and choice of clothing--a simple pastel yellow t-shirt and blue jeans that fit his figure quite well actually--responding as he let his eyes wander and watch the other walk into his kitchen, “I had ramen.” He decided to get up from the couch at this point to properly greet his friend, shuffling over towards the other and wrapping his arms around his waist from the back, resting his chin on Sungjong’s shoulder. “What did you bring?”

 

“Aish, you really need to cook things other than ramen--it’s not healthy to resort to ramen when you run out of leftovers!” he scolded, placing the plastic bags on the table. “And I brought some mackerel, lots of vegetables, kimchi, and other various ingredients--I’m gonna make some grilled mackerel and kimchi jjigae, since I know you like it so much,” he smiled, taking out the ingredients and various foods. 

 

“You’re an angel from above, Jjongie,” Myungsoo murmured, nuzzling the other. “Is there anything I can help with?” He didn’t quite want to pull away just yet, but he figured he may as well help soon enough.

 

“You have that grill still, right? Didn’t get rid of it?” Sungjong smiled, raising an eyebrow.

 

“No--it’s too much effort, and you’ll use it to make good food sometimes,” he nodded, regrettably pulling away to pull it out from one of the lower cupboards and setting it on the table.

 

“Can you wash these vegetables?” he questioned, handing him a bunch of vegetables still in their bags.

 

Nodding, he got to working on the task assigned. “Hey Jjongie.” He figured he may as well ask for the other to try and spend the afternoon next week.

 

“Yeah?” He was getting the ingredients ready to cook.

 

“Next week, it will be three hundred days since we’ve met.”

 

He heard the other’s feet shuffle, and he looked over to see a surprised expression adorning his features, “Really? You kept track?”

 

‘How could I not when it comes to you?’ “Yeah, amazingly. I realized how long we’ve been friends when I was looking at my calendar yesterday,” he admitted, smirking a little and turning back to continue the task set.

 

“Woah...three hundred days, huh?” Myungsoo could hear the smile in his words, and he  grinned himself. Only a week to plan out everything. 

 

“So, I was wondering if you could take an afternoon off next Thursday and spend some time with me? I wanna spend some time with you and cook for you for once,” he nodded.

 

He heard a chuckle, and Sungjong went back to dealing with the meat. “Alright. I can do that--especially since I expect you to cook something extra special for me,” he nodded.

 

“Oh, I plan on something super special--it’s gonna be an afternoon full of surprises,” he grinned, setting aside the washed vegetables for Sungjong.

 


a/n: Super short, but I did say the chapters were shorter than anything I usually write~ So...see you next chapter, when the date hang out takes place~