2

Food is Always a Good Thing 2.0

A week had come and gone, more or less, and Myungsoo had managed to pull everything together for today. He had made sure to take Thursday off--just so he could get everything put together for dinner tonight after his and Sungjong's afternoon date together. Well, currently, it was considered a get-together since he hadn't actually asked him to be his boyfriend yet. Yet. While they were getting ice cream before going to a movie.

The whole afternoon and evening were planned out, and Myungsoo was going through everything in his head. It was going to be their first real time out together. First was to go shopping for whatever clothing or accessories that caught Sungjong’s or his eyes (or maybe even window shopping, really), then ice cream, then going to a movie; after that, they would hang out at the park and just spend time together before going back to Myungsoo’s for a late dinner. 

Throughout the afternoon while out, Myungsoo would drop little hints--hold his hand, hug him, and just be as affectionate out in public as he was at home with Sungjong whenever possible. While they were at the park, he would confess and give him a promise ring (He had invested quite a bit into Sungjong, emotionally and financially--it helped that his job as a model payed for his apartment and still left some money left over), and then he would ask Sungjong to move in with him--it wasn’t like he could really say no, considering that he spent most evenings over at his apartment anyway. It just meant less financial strain on Sungjong’s bank account or paycheck when it came to bills.

Yep, everything would go smoothly, he surmised, grinning to himself as he went over the checklist in his head, setting out the things necessary beforehand for this evening: His wallet, the promise ring, two tickets to that new horror movie that Sungjong had talked about so animatedly last week at dinner (Myungsoo shuddered thinking about sitting through it, but it was for someone special, so he would bear with it), and the grocery list that he would need to take with him shopping before Sungjong got to his apartment after work.

So, putting his wallet and the ring in his pants pockets, he grabbed the grocery list before setting out to buy the ingredients necessary. After all, he owed this much for everything Sungjong had done for him--feeding him when he really didn’t need to nearly every night.

And he grinned to himself as he imagined the face Sungjong would make--his reaction overall--when he confessed and asked him if they could live together, and then when he tasted the food Myungsoo would make for him. No doubt that the other would protest some and then whine about why Myungsoo didn’t cook more for him since he was so good at cooking.

-----------------

Sungjong hummed to himself as he sat at the desk in his office, organizing files and paperwork before standing and leaving the office to tend to the children in the main room of the daycare. He watched over and took care of the kids ranging in ages from as young as months old to up to twelve years old--with assistance from a few friends, of course.

First was Woohyun, who was surprisingly good with children despite having a more or less narcissistic, somewhat immature and stubborn mentality a majority of the time. He supposed it had something to do with the fact that kids could pick up on his playfulness and roll with it easily.

Next was Howon, or Hoya, as he liked to be called, and most of the children grade school level really adored him. He was a relatively awkward person in most social situations, but the kids always seemed to ignore it and spent a lot of time with him. He liked to dance for them, and they got along well.

Then there were Sungyeol and Sunggyu, who weren’t the best at dealing with children, nor did they have the popularity with them to really attract their attention a lot, but they were more diligent with caring for the youngest children and taking care of snacktime, studytime, and watching over naptime to make sure that they were behaving well.

Honestly, even though Sungjong was the most popular caretaker (The children seemed to absolutely adore him, above the rest--although, it could be quite competitive between Sungjong and Hoya when it came to newcomers to the daycare), the other four could manage the daycare facility even without him there and it would be fine. So when he informed them that he would be taking the afternoon off today, and that Sunggyu would be in charge of closing that evening, they all seemed to be okay with it. He trusted all of them, but Sunggyu seemed the most capable of closing up if he wasn’t able to.

Checking the time, he figured he could leave to go to Myungsoo’s apartment--three wasn’t too early, was it? He closed the door to his office, locking it, and informing Sunggyu that he would be leaving for the day.

“Have a date, Jjongie? With that Myungsoo guy you talk so fondly of?” Sunggyu teased with a grin.

Flushing, he quickly defending himself, “Ya, nobody said it was a date! Besides, we aren’t even together. We’re celebrating three hundred days of being friends!” He then smiled, “He said he had a lot planned for today, and that he’s going to be making dinner.”

“Really? Wasn’t it you who said that you always make food? Why do you do that anyway--doing it every evening seems a bit tiring, don’t you think?”

Sungjong pursed his lips, “Well...I guess it would seem that way, but I don’t mind. Myungsoo and I get along really well, and we always find something to talk about, you know? I can’t really say that I don’t enjoy cooking for him either. I mean, I’m not the best, but he always eats it and it’s better than eating alone, you know? Plus, it’s one of those things that I can’t seem to want to quit--spending time with him is important to me.” He hadn’t realized, but a warm smile had steadily made its way on his lips, and Sunggyu was smiling at the younger.

“Well, hopefully you two get together sometime soon so we can hear all about the love life of our sweet maknae daycare manager!” he grinned, ruffling his hair.

Pouting, Sungjong swatted his hand away, “Keep in mind that even though I’m younger than you, I’m still your boss. But yeah, I hope that something happens tonight.” A light flush tinted his features before he grinned, starting towards the entrance, waving to everyone. “Don’t forget to lock up!”

“Yes, I understand, boss!”


a/n: Oh wow, lookit that. Longer chapter, but gotta have some insight from Jjongie, right? Next chapter is probably gonna be their date, yo~ So look forward to a lotta fluff. If I can do it right, anyway! Wish me luck!