3

Food is Always a Good Thing 2.0

Myungsoo paused as he looked left and then right. Sure, he'd been waiting for a good fifteen minutes that could have been spent taking a nap to calm his sudden nerves, but he couldn't calm down, and he was sure that he would have slept longer and missed their meet up time. They were supposed to meet at two at the park not far from either of their apartments, but Myungsoo had arrived half an hour early, despite knowing he would be waiting a while. 

 

He took out his phone and checked the time—13:43—and he sighed to himself. He was much too excited for this, and he had to keep reminding himself that this was Jjongie, and that he had to avoid screwing up too badly; he wanted everything to go perfectly today.

 

Humming to himself, he went over the plan again.

 

First, they would go to the department store or street markets—whichever Sungjong  wanted—and then get ice cream; after that, they would go to the movies, hang out at the park, and go back to Myungsoo's apartment, where he would make dinner, confess, and ask him to move in together. 

 

He smiled to himself, feeling more than a little giddy and lovestruck towards his friend-possibly-boyfriend by the end of the night, an he couldn't resist but do a little dance out of excitement. 

 

Even though he was feeling this way, there was a nagging feeling in the back of his brain, digging at his happiness and trying to push doubts and small fears into the forefront of his mind, and he sighed. 

 

"I still can't help but feel as if something might go wrong. Maybe the movie might be sold out, or maybe Sungjong's favorite flavor of ice cream won't be there..." He pursed his lips, feeling a bit subdued at this point due to what would seem like trivial doubts; they were big doubts to him, since he wanted everything to go perfectly. He prayed that he would be fortunate enough that everything would go well. So much so that he didn't even hear footsteps approaching. 

 

"Hyung?"

 

Myungsoo jumped a little at the sudden voice, and he felt his heartbeat pick up when he saw his favorite person. 

 

"Ah, hey," Myungsoo waved a small wave, feeling nervous. 

 

"Hi. How long have you been waiting here?" Sungjong peered over at him as he approached closer. He seemed to have been analyzing him with hawklike diligence. 

 

"Ah...not long, really." He checked his phone again and saw that it was more or less their meet-up time. 

 

"Really?" Sungjong seemed doubtful. 

 

"Yeah! Of course. Even if I was waiting long, I wouldn't tell you." He grinned then, standing beside the other closely and gently nudging him. 

 

"Hyuuuung," he whined, nudging him back and pouting. 

 

Myungsoo couldn't help but watch his pouting lips for a moment before looking up and seeing feigned upset on the younger's face, and he grinned before pulling him into a hug and sighing contentedly at the feeling of the other in his arms. 

 

He felt arms wrap around his body, and he smiled warmly, even if the other couldn't see it. To be honest, he just wanted to stay there all day, but he had a whole schedule to keep in mind and didn't want to screw it up, even a little bit. Pulling away, he still held Sungjong's hand, looking at him. "So, are you ready to go?"

 

 He saw Sungjong purse his lips for a moment and watched his face as he thought. "Well...should I bring my wallet? What are we doing today?" He looked at Myungsoo a little warily, unsure.

 

"Well, I'll tell you as we go--and I'll pay for everything today," Myungsoo nodded, "Do you think you might need a jacket or something?" He knew that Sungjong wasn't the biggest guy in terms of size (not so much height, since they were nearly the same height), and he knew that the other whined when displeased with something like temperature--it wasn't that he didn't like that the other whined, but he didn't want to give him reason to whine, honestly.

 

He watched as the other checked his phone (no doubt checking the weather for today and this evening) and shrugged. "It doesn't seem like it'll be too bad, so I think I'll be fine."

 

Myungsoo thought for a moment, "Alright, but tell me if you get cold." He would have to figure out how to fix the situation if it came to that, but he'd also have to drop a hint or two if it came to that.

 

"I guess I'm ready to go," Sungjong nodded, grinning.

 

Myungsoo reciprocated the grin and moved to stand behind the other, pushing his back gently in the direction of the department store. "Let's go window shopping first," he smiled, moving to walk beside Sungjong as they started in that direction.

 


 

A/n: Hello again ;3; I really apologize that I've updated so late, and that it's not very much, but I swear that I'll get Jjongie's pov to you soon, either through editing this chapter again or adding a chapter. I really badly at keeping consistent with a lot of things, especially stories and art. ;n;

 

Anyway! I don't like the new chapter editing system, since everytime I try to add a new paragraph, it forces me back to the beginning of the first paragraph and I typed a couple times back up there before realizing what happened! ;3; sigh

 

Finally, I'm so glad that people like you guys are so patient! I swear I'll get Jjongie to you before next week! And I have no idea when I'm going to update the other two. cries As a peace offering, allow me to give you a more recent gif of jjongie ;3; I can't find any recent instances of myungjong tbh and i feel a little bit deprived ;3;