The Deal

How to Seal a Deal

It was around midnight and the full moon illuminated the lonely crossroad. In the centre a teen was digging a hole. His loud beating heart and rapid breath betrayed him. Every small sound made him quickly turn around to see if there was any kind of danger, but there never was.

If you really wanted something, you’d do anything to get it. Sanhyuk just hoped that his soul was worth it. He got the idea from a friend. He was probably joking and probably never expected Sanhyuk to be that desperate, nobody did.

The picture and the graveyard dirt were easy to come by, but it had taken him weeks to retrieve the bone of a black cat. Hopefully his aunt wouldn’t miss Black-Jack too much.

When he’d covered the wooden box with dirt he patted the ground a few times just to be sure. He stood up and brushed the dirt from his jeans. Sanhyuk looked around and almost started to panic when he didn’t see anything happen. Did he do something wrong?

“Welcome to my crossroad Sanhyuk. How may I help you?” a charming voice said and Sanhyuk quickly turned around to see a handsome man, just a few years older than him, bow for him. The person’s eyes were still focused on him and the teen gasped when he saw they were red.

“How do you know my name?” Sanhyuk took a step back but froze immediately afterwards. He didn’t want the other to think that he was scared or a coward.

“Every crossroad demon knows the name of their client. My own name is Lee Hongbin if you prefer to know,” the teen didn’t know what it was but the voice of the demon calmed him and he felt a lot safer than his brain wanted him to be.

The demon flashed a smile, which showed his perfect white teeth. “Since you have summoned me you’re here to make a deal. Tell me your wish Sanhyuk, and I will make it come true.”

“I wish to become a singer, an idol,” Hongbin grinned at the childlike hope that was intertwined with those words and he knew that the poor teen didn’t want anything more in the world. Being idolized by millions of people did seem quite attractive, even for the crossroad demon.

“Good, but before we seal the deal I want to inform you about the contract details. This wish of yours will only last ten years and not a second longer. Secondly, every deal has a price. In this case it is your soul you pay with, but you already knew that, didn’t you?” the dangerous undertone was well hidden under the business tone and yet Sanhyuk felt there was something off. What if he tried to run away now? He knew if he would try he’d find his feet glued to the ground. Hongbin would get angry and he might do something to him.

Sanhyuk nodded understandingly. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea after all and the life he hoped for didn’t seem as glamorous as it was when the demon slowly approached him.

“Then let’s seal it,” Sanhyuk had already come this far. It wasn’t the moment to back away. He stuck his hand out for a handshake, making the demon laugh in such a way that his blood froze in his veins and for an ice-cold chill to creep up his spine.

“You didn’t read the instruction manual as good as I thought. To seal a deal like this, a kiss is required. Doesn’t it sound beautiful? Let me change your life with one crossroad kiss,” within a millisecond Hongbin was right in front of the teen. Staring into the soul that would soon be his with those scarlet red eyes of him. “Don’t be afraid,” he whispered and let out another chuckle when Sanhyuk shivered when Hongbin’s hot breath touched his cheek.

When the clock struck twelve the teen felt cold lips capture his. His legs started shaking and his mind was clouded. The rest of the evening was a black hole in Sanhyuk’s memory.

 

A few months later Sanhyuk entered his new dorm and home for the first time together with the two other newbies Byungjun and Yoonchul. He had already forgotten about the night at the crossroad, but the demon’s cold lips and hot breath still haunted his memories. He was excited to meet the other members and carelessly unpacked and took some banana milk out of the fridge. Sanhyuk didn’t realize what he was doing and just went along with his hyungs.

As the other seven members arrived the three realized their mistakes and got scolded for it. Sanhyuk didn’t realize someone was staring at him.

When they sat in a circle on the ground he finally saw a familiar face. Hongbin smirked at him and his eyes flashed red. The teen looked around to see if anyone else noticed but no one seemed to have.

When the two were finally alone Sanhyuk was cornered by the demon.

“You seemed so interesting that night, I couldn’t resist. I also figured that the idol life might be something for me.” Hongbin winked and left the room.

 

“Don’t forget Sanhyuk! Ten years, not a second longer!”

 


I hope you liked it

Would you like me to write what happens after ten years or not?

Warning: DO feed this writer comments. Without it she will get out of inspiration and die horribly.

Bye bye!