Ten years later

How to Seal a Deal

Ten years had passed and the now 27-year-old ‘Hyuk’ was pacing through the practice room while everyone else had already left. He knew it was the day. Hongbin had reminded him of it months ago, just to tease and tense him up for the big night.

Vixx had been very successful and Hyuk had actually become kind of friends with the crossroad demon. Sometimes the members would question where Hongbin went in the middle of the night while Hyuk knew, but wasn’t allowed to tell.

In the beginning he was a bit afraid of Hongbin and Leo, who also ended up being a demon. Hyuk didn’t know if he had a deal with someone else in vixx and didn’t dare to ask, especially not since Leo had always taken his hellhound everywhere with him the first two years before leaving it with Hongbin’s.

Tonight he would come face to face with Hongbin’s hellhound. He promised himself not to scream, not to cry and not to beg for his life or soul. Hopefully he could keep that promise.

Just then, he got text from N.

‘Come to the dorm. It’s urgent’

Something was terribly wrong. Hyuk glanced at the clock and saw he had half an hour left till midnight, the time on which he kissed Hongbin and sealed the deal.

He got into his car and drove as fast as he could to the dorm. He just assumed that Hongbin and Leo kept the others as bait for him, afraid that he wouldn’t show up. Those two demons didn’t like to send their pets out. He got to know them pretty well in all the time that they had spent together, in the practice room, on tour, at kcon and in the dorm.

He carefully opened the slightly ajar door and noticed that everything reeked of sulphur. Inside he saw exactly what he had imagined. N, Ravi and Ken were tied up on the couch and the door of the manager was closed, yet Hyuk could see the blood puddle that was forming inside that room. Hongbin and Leo were waiting for him.

“Sanhyuk, it has almost been ten years since our deal. I think it’s time for you to pay,” the crossroad demon grinned and showed his red eyes. Hyuk could hear his hellhound growl next to him, excited to rip him to shreds.

“Hyuk, what is he talking about? What deal?” N pleaded.

“Yes Hyuk, why don’t you tell them what you did to get into vixx?” Leo sneered. Instead of letting his head hang Hyuk stood up straight and looked the three unaware members in the eyes and spilled his story.

He told them about ten years ago. How desperate he was for talent and fame. An old friend told him these rumours about people getting their dream life after they came back from a night at a crossroad. He quickly gathered the ingredients and did the ‘ritual’. With that he had summoned Hongbin and sealed a deal with him.

“I sold my soul to become who I am now, and today is the day to pay. These were the best years of my life, so I thank you for that,” Hyuk turned to the two demons and glanced at the clock. He only had a few minutes left. “Before I pay, can I request something?”

“Like what?”

“What we did ten years ago.”

 

Hyuk died in Hongbin’s arms. He did not scream, he did not cry and he certainly did not beg for his life or soul. He did not feel a thing.

The next morning the police found the manager with his head ripped off, Hongbin and Leo with stab wounds that seemed to be over ten years old and the few parts that were left of Hyuk. The leftover three members were too traumatized to talk about what happened. 

The two crossroad demons left to find new vessels and never saw the three back. They most likely split up, still haunted by nightmares.

No one wanted to be reminded of what happened at midnight.

 


This is it. It was supposed to be a one-shot after all. I still have an alternative ending. (do you want me to write it?)

I finished supernatural and sat there sobbing for a while (._. )

Please send this hungry writer yummy comments

Love y'all!