Troublemaker

So Much for Lying

I let out an exasperated sigh knowing that karma was definetely punishing me. Why did Seunghyun have to be the T.O.P? 

I rubbed my temples, massaging it very gently, gently enough that my head doesn't go insane. 

But as many times as I tried to clear the pain away, my mind became fixed on one thing --- Jiyong was going to win. I stood completely still, my gaze fixed on the moving road, repeatedly skimming from the left of my window to the once remaining image of T.O.P and Jiyong. How did I miss that? 

How could I be so --- so stupid? Sure, I didn't really consider the consequences of using Seunghyun as an excuse, but how was I supposed to know that he was also an international super star?

I was so screwed. I was completely and totally screwed out of my mind. 

"You okay, Bom?”

I let the Jiyong's deep, velvety voice wash over me. His brows were in perfect arches, scrunched lines smoothed in suspicion as he turned and looked at me. There was something about the half curve of his lips that made him look so truimph --- so, so arrogant like he won something over me. 

“I’m fine.”

"You sure? Cause you looked a little --- I would say --- paranoid?" 

A vien literally snapped. The ego in Jiyong's voice suffocated me, choking me into despair. 

"I said I'm fine, okay? Just drop it." I said, with cutting edge. What was he trying to imply? 

Before Jiyong could retort back, I heard a faint melody --- the sound of music blending together and a ringtone of Girls' Generation's "Gee" erupted through the car.

Gee Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby Baby
Gee Gee Gee Gee Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba

The last two lines in perfect harmony came from a cell phone in the cup holder. 

With one hand of the wheel, Jiyong lifted his head and his gaze shifted to the caller ID. 

Jiyong groaned. 

"Crud," I heard him mutter under his breath. 

He ran his hand through, before lazily reaching for his phone with his eyes on the road. 

I made a quick decision, and it happened like lightning fast. As if to response to his need, I reached for the phone first and held it up to his ear, my hand brushing against his soft skin.

Alarmed, Jiyong turned around as if completely surprised by my action.

I shot him a look. 

"Just keep driving," I muttered, looking away.

I can tell he was struggling with this decision, but after a brief moment he seemed to relax. His gaze didn't stray elsewhere but it remained focused on the road.

Don't me wrong, I was doing this to be safe. I mean, a cell phone was a hazordous distraction on the road.

"Yeah, it's me." He was talking on the phone now. "I don't suppose that I can come in 45 mintues later, Bae."

There was some muffling on the other side of the end. It sounded like a male's voice as its smooth, deep voice rung off the phone, its masuline tone slicing through the car.

"Yes, I know about the fanmeet. I'm with a friend now, I gotta take her home dude." 

H-he was taking me home? He never took me home when we were dating.

At that moment, the voice became louder and angrier. It was as if Jiyong and the person on the phone were engaged in a heated arguement. Jiyong's brows crumbled into a thin, frustrated line and his eyes held a small ignited fire as he drove.

"What am I supposed to do then? Leave her in the car for 4 hours, and fetch her at intermission?" 

Within several minutes of constant arguing, Jiyong hung up. His eyes glared at the phone in my hand and he sharply push the back of his head, now focused on me. 

Blowing a frustrated sigh, he ran his hand through his mane of spiky hair, and threw me an "I'm sorry" look.

"What?" I choked out, clearly annoyed. Out with it, you jerk!  "What is it?"

My head jerked towards Jiyong and I stared at him angrily. 

Jiyong took a deep breath, and his eyes spelled aggravation and repentance.

"I have a fan meet in 15 minutes," he mumbled out, softly. "and I'm needed there."

The words echo through my head, resonating through the car.

Right. That stupid fan meet that started it all. 

"And?" I trailed off.

"I'm going to have to go there." He let out an exasperated sigh, as if he was upset. "My bandmates and mangers are getting angry that I missed rehearsal." 

“What about me?” I asked suddenly alarmed about my presence. 

“Just stay put for now," Jiyong pondered for a moment before deciding, "I can ask drop you off during intermission, okay?”

I turned to look at him with a wistful expression.

"Fine, whatever."

He looked stressed enough. He looked so remorseful and irritated that I felt odd for sympthazing with him. 


It was a little past 15 minutes when Jiyong pulled into the "secret" parking lot of the stadium. The trip here consisted mostly of Jiyong gunning the car when the light almost turned yellow and zig zagging through the early streets of Seoul. 

The adrendaline and acceleration began to unnerve me, and I felt a little pang in my heart at the familiar feeling. Jiyong had the tendency to speed, especially on his motorcyle and he used to say that the speed made him feel alive.  

I blinked at the sudden cease of the engine. Jiyong had put the car in park.

"Here, we are." Jiyong gestured arrogantly towards the enormous building. "The famous Olympic hall, quite a beauty isn't she?"

The building was a big as an three elephants and beautiful as stained glass, but there was no way I was admit that that.

"I've seen better." I huffed out. Did he think that I was going to be impressed by him just like that?

Jiyong rolled his eyes.

"You're the one to talk, Bom." He made a startling, mocking face. "You haven't played anywhere at all."

I let out a scowl. 

"Shut it, Kwon."

My failed auditions flashed through my mind, but there was no way that I was going to let him insult me. So what if I wasn't a superstar yet?

"Whatever," he spat out. "Just sit here and hide in any means if the paparazzi sees you." 

"When will you be back?" I asked. 

His eyes ran over me, scanning me for a reaction of some sort.

"An hour or so, depending if I get a chance to talk to Seunghyun about you."

Hearing his name mention, I sat up, straight and snapped my head to look at him bewildered. I blinked, starting to understand what he was trying to do.

I looked at him in disbelief. 

“What? No!” I half-shouted, flailing my arms. "You can’t do that!"

A sly look slowly made its way to his pale, structured face.

"And why not, Bommie?" He looked at me with an amused look. "Are you hiding something from me?" 

"N-no!" I stumbled over my words, sinking in my seat with a huff. "Why would I do that? It's just t-that our relationship is --- is a secret, okay?"

What was I saying? What things were sprouting out in my mouth?

“Then I’ll just have to 'secretly' change Seunghyun’s mind for you," he whispered, his eyes dancing and his lips stretched into a playful smile.

I immediately backed away. 

"I said no." I shouted, trying to state the obvious. "What part of NO don't you understand?"

"C'mon," he tried to point out. “You said no, but you didn't say Seunghyun didn't say no." 

"Are you freaking crazy, Ji?"

The muscles of my body froze and I turned towards Jiyong, my mouth hung open in total shock. 

“Can’t we negotiate this?" I ended up pleading. "Let me come with you, please?”

He cannot find out about Seunghyun. 

At that was moment, it was as if he suddenly transformed about into his egocentric self again -- the same one that hung my life by a thin thread on his hand. I honestly didn't know why he was being like this. I said no, but I guess that wasn't the end story. It never was for Kwon Jiyong. 

"Well, then." A smirk sat on his lips. "Do you have a ticket?"

It was quiet for a moment, silence reigning the car before I remembered.

“I do have ----” I stopped myself.

I had the tickets. Dara had given me the tickets last night. But what use was it to tell Jiyong? I was ---

In an instant, an idea popped into my mind. What if I got there before Jiyong? What if I met Seunghyun first? What if I used the tickets to my advantage?

At this moment, I knew there was only one thing left to do with the tickets --- use them for payback. 

“What did you say?” Jiyong’s voice snapped me back to reality. 

“Nothing,” I said, looking anywhere but his face. 

"I thought so," he said with that stupid smirk of his.

I wanted to wipe it off so bad.

Just because I didn’t accept, he goes running to Seunghyun, and thinks he's all that. Does he seriously think he can make Seunghyun tell me what to do?

He left me with no choice. 

At that moment, Jiyong moved forward, his hand on the door handle and he looked over his shoulders at me. 

"Just be on the look out for one my managers," he notified with a shrug. "I'll be disguised as one of them to take you home."

I didn't say anthing right after then. I sat there, clenching my teethwith my palms sweating by my side. It was if my anger was ready to take over my body, choking me into that once despair and hatred I felt towards Jiyong. Maybe it was because the fact that he never thought of me to begin with or maybe because he kept making decisions without ever thinking about how I felt. I didn't know. 

"I'll sneak out during intermission."

It wasn't long before Jiyong reached into his components of his red leather jacket. He pulled on some oversized sunglasses, placing them on the bridge of his nose. 

"See you in an hour," he said, giving me a little salut. Swag was written all over him.

Jiyong hurriedly pulled open the car door, before placing one foot onto the pavement and got out. He didn't even bother to look back and slammed the door carelessly. 

I couldn't help but peeked outside, noticing journalists and photographers in front of the stadium with cameras. So he was really leaving without me?

I wasn't really surprised. After all, Jiyong comes first.

Looking outside, the people outside looked like little colorful dots.

They were all different sizes ranging from small to short. They were quite far, but some noticeable in a way with their big cameras and crews. I guess Jiyong had some media issue from all his scandals.

I’ve watched a lot of news and celebretities to know that the paparazzi follow the celebrities every tracks. 

With Jiyong gone, I kept myself preoccupied with keeping a lookout on Jiyong. He moved around the journalist under his disguise, sliding through the crowd in a secret entrance.

It was that at moment that I secured my messenger bag over my body, my hands clutching the door handle. I waited for a few seconds until Jiyong was far out of reach. My ran my other hand through my bag, feeling a small papery feel from my tickets I presume.

Good, it was there.

My hand lingered on the hard surface of my sunglasses before I took my hand out. 

After a few moments, I opened the door and got out before slamming the door with such force. I can feel the wind tossing my hair around, back and forth.

The cold air was enough to give me goosebumps. 

 

Then, I ran like the wind.


A/N: I think I made Bom looked like a crazy maniac in the beginning. Oh well. My attempt at her freaking out failed. Pretty much a boring chapter overall...that somewhat makes a little no sense to me. 

So I wrote too much as you can see, so T.O.P won't appear until next chapter. Yeah, sorry. Comment and suscribe anyway?