Eighth

Re-Start

The next morning…

Haruka woke up when her alarm clock rang, she found Ryoha preparing toast for breakfast in the kitchen. Ryoha blinked when she saw Haruka enter the kitchen.

“I thought that you would sleep in, since it’s your day off.” Said Ryoha.

“I’m meeting someone later.” Said Haruka.

Ryoha nodded and placed two slices of toast onto a plate as well as a mug of coffee on the dining table for Haruka before she went to work while Haruka went to brush her teeth. After brushing her teeth, Haruka ate her toast before preparing for her day ahead. Haruka opened up her closet before deciding on a pair of denim shorts overalls with a white shirt. Haurka went to shower before changing into her outfit. Haruka tied her long hair into twin plaits before slipping on a black cap, Haruka slipped her wallet and cellphone into her bag. Haruka picked up her house keys and locked up the house before heading downstairs. Taiga was waiting for her at the lift lobby and he complimented her outfit.

“So what do you want to do?” Asked Taiga.

“I’m not sure myself, I don’t really know how to spend my off days.” Said Haruka.

“How about we go to the amusement park?” Suggested Taiga.

“We’re not kids anymore Taiga-kun.” Said Haruka.

“Everyone has their inner kid, and besides I know that you haven’t been to an amusement park since our high school days. You told me a few months ago remember?” Said Taiga.

Haruka blinked, she hadn’t expected Taiga to actually remember that.

“I suppose we could go.” Nodded Haruka.

Taiga grinned and grabbed her hand. The two walked to the train station and took the train to the amusement park. Taiga paid for their tickets, he insisted that it was a gentlemanly thing to do.

“What do you want to ride first?” Asked Taiga.

“How about the Spinning Teacups?” Said Haruka, excitedly.

Taiga chuckled at Haruka’s enthusiasm as she dragged him to queue for the Spinning Teacups. The two took a seat in a blue teacup and waited for it to start spinning. Haurka grinned as the teacup started spinning. Haruka has always been a fan of thrilling rides, but she rarely got to visit the amusement park due to her strict upbringing. Her parents didn’t really bring her out to amusement parks when she saw younger and neither did she go to the amusement park with her friends often, but whenever she got the chance to, she loved going on the thrill rides. The last time she went to an amusement park was during the winter vacation of her second year in high school. Haruka accompanied her parents on a business trip to Korea, and they went to the amusement park there.

After getting off the Spinning Teacups, Haruka let Taiga choose the next ride. Taiga chose to ride the bumper cars. Haruka got onto a yellow bumper car while Taiga got onto a red bumper car. Taiga grinned as he bumped into Haruka’s car, much to her shock and surprise. The pair went on a few more rides before grabbing a bento box each. Haruka and Taiga sat in a café selling bento boxes as meals, to have their lunch. Haruka and Taiga thanked the waiter when their food arrived.

Haruka paused for a while before she gave a small smile, “Taiga-kun, I had fun today. Thank you very much.”

Taiga blinked as it was very rare to see Haruka smiling. Taiga gave Haruka a smile of his own, “No, thank you very much. I had fun too, and it was all thanks to a fun partner.”

Haruka smiled and picked up her chopsticks and Taiga followed suit. Haruka and Taiga spent a little more time at the amusement park before returning to their apartments. Taiga walked Haruka to her apartment block.

“Taiga-kun, thanks for accompanying me today. I had fun, maybe we can go again with the others.” Said Haruka, with a smile.

Taiga just grinned before he ruffled Haruka’s hair, which caused her to pout. “I had fun too, we should organise an outing with the others soon.”

Taiga gently patted Haruka’s head before she entered the lift. Taiga waved and smiled at Haruka before the door closed. Haruka pulled out her keys and opened the door. She found Ryoha with her laptop on the sofa, presumably writing a medical report.

“I’m meeting a friend for dinner tonight, he invited me to his apartment and I have a day off tomorrow. Will you be alright alone?” Asked Ryoha.

“I’ll be fine, I’ll probably turn in early tonight.” Said Haruka.

“So how was your day off with Kyomoto-san?” Asked Ryoha.

Haruka felt her cheeks heating up, “How did you know?”

“Sakura told me, she told me that she found out from Sato-san who knew from his housemates who are good friends with Kyomoto-san.” Replied Ryoha, with a shrug.

“It was fun, I feel refreshed in fact.” Said Haruka.

Ryoha patted her back, “It is good to take a break once in a while.”

“So are you meeting Jinguji-san?” Asked Haruka, changing the topic.

“Yeah, we thought that we should catch up with each other.” Said Ryoha.

“Do you know any of his housemates?” Asked Haruka?

Ryoha tapped her chin, “Matsukura Kaito and Abe Aran. Matsukura-san is Sakura’s colleague while Abe-san is a pharmacist at the A&E ward.”

“He is Chinen-san’s junior isn’t he?” Asked Haruka, referring to Yuta.

Ryoha nodded, “Chinen-san is supposed to be his mentor since he is new here and we’re supposed to get a few new fellows next month and we might even get assigned to them. That was what Miyuki told me this afternoon.”

“I remember when we were fellows here, we spent six months working here before we were officially assigned here after graduation.” Said Haruka.

Ryoha nodded, “Yeah, we made many new friends and learned a lot in the six months we spent here as fellows.”

Just then the house phone rang, Ryoha picked it up since she was sitting closer to the phone. Ryoha conversed with the other person on the line for a few minutes before hanging up.

“Who was that?” Asked Haruka.

“Anna, she offered to have the both of us for dinner tonight. But I told her that I had other plans and you should be going.” Said Ryoha.

“I’ll go, and you should get ready for your dinner date.” Said Haruka.

“I’ll finish up on this report first.” Said Ryoha.

Haruka nodded before heading back to her room to take a shower.


Meanwhile with Miyuki…

Miyuki was in her office reading through one of her patient’s medical records.

“Come in.” Spoke Miyuki, when she heard three knocks on her office door.

A male about Miyuki’s age popped his head into her office with a smile. Miyuki blinked as the man entered her office and placed a cup of coffee on her table.

“Arigato, Shigeoka-kun. It’s been a while.” Said Miyuki.

This male was none other than Shigeoka Daiki, Miyuki’s childhood friend and he was an Oncologist.

“I’ve been busy with one of my patients, he recently got an operation for a new bone marrow. You’ve been busy too.” Said Daiki.

 “One of my patients recently got discharged after getting a bone marrow transplant.” Said Miyuki.

Miyuki picked up the cup of coffee and sipped it, “Thanks for this, you still remember my favourite.”

Daiki laughed, “How could I forget my childhood friend’s favourite drink?”

“Have a seat.” Said Miyuki, setting her cup down.

“What can I help you with?” Asked Miyuki.

“I have a patient whose daughter has been showing signs of childhood leukemia. She suspects that it is due heredity and she brought her daughter for a checkup and Katayose Ryota who did the check up on her, has decided to refer that young girl to you. That girl may have leukemia as well, but we are not too sure, so we will have her come for regular checkups twice a month. He gave me her file and told me to inform you.” Said Daiki, handing over a file to Miyuki.

Miyuki took it and glanced at her patient’s particulars before nodding.

“What about her mother, what is her condition? Maybe it will give us a hint as to which type of leukemia it may be.” Said Miyuki.

“Her body lacks red blood cells, she more white blood cells than red blood cells and her daughter has rarely been sick until the recently months were her body condition became pretty weak compared to her original body condition.” Said Daiki.

“It is possible that they have the same condition since they are related by blood. I’ll wait until she comes for a checkup before making any judgements.” Nodded Miyuki.

Miyuki placed her new file on her shelf before turning back to Daiki.

“Would you like to have dinner together?” Asked Daiki.

Miyuki shrugged, “I don’t mind, I just finished work and Mayu isn’t going to be back so early.”

“I’ll meet you at the counter, I have to submit a file and sign out anyway.” Said Daiki.

Miyuki nodded and Daiki left her office. Miyuki packed up her files and removed her doctor’s coat and placed it hanging on her chair. Miyuki picked up her bag and doctor’s pass, before turning off the lights in her office before finally leaving the room. Miyuki tapped her pass on the scanner on the counter as Daiki handed over a file to one of the nurses. Daiki tapped his pass as well before the two doctors headed to the cafeteria to grab dinner. Daiki paid for their bentos, much to Miyuki’s protests. The two took a seat at a table and the cafeteria was pretty empty at the moment.

“Oh yeah, did you know that we’re getting a new fellow in our department. Each department is getting a new fellow this year, even the research department. The emergency departments are getting only three fellows each this year though.” Said Daiki.

“I heard about that from Mayu but it’s been a while since we’ve gotten a new fellow. The last one was Kojima Mako and that was nearly two years ago.” Said Miyuki.

“But I haven’t really seen you around the clinic either these days.” Added Miyuki.

“About that, I’m preparing to go for an overseas seminar next month and I’ve been collecting all of the past medical records of the patients at our clinic to bring to the seminar. The seminar is about a week long and we’re going discuss about the current medical treatments available and what kinds of new mutations there in the cancer cells.” Explained Daiki.

“Sounds interesting.” Nodded Miyuki.

“I’m going with Ninomiya-sempai, Dr. Matsui Rena of the cardiology department and Dr. Minegishi Minami of the neurology department are going too but for different seminars instead.” Said Daiki.

“It is good to exchange information with other doctors so that we can handle cases that we have never taken before but other doctors might have.” Nodded Miyuki.

Daiki and Miyuki caught up with each other, updating each other about their work as well as their personal lives, they were enjoying the company of each other so much that they didn’t notice the time and they spent two hours catching up with each other.

After dinner, Daiki walked Miyuki back to her apartment block. Miyuki remembered that Daiki lived in the apartment building just two blocks away from hers. Miyuki opened the door to her apartment and the lights. Mayu was still not back yet, she was staying late in the intensive care unit to monitor a patient that was sent in early this morning and Mayu was the doctor who treated him. Miyuki went to her room to take a bath before sitting on her bed. Miyuki glanced at her wall clock which showed 9.21pm. Miyuki stretched her body and fell back onto her bed. Miyuki set her alarm clock, her nightlight, and turned off the wall light before snuggling under warm blanket.


The next morning…

Miyuki groaned when her alarm clock rang. Miyuki glanced at her alarm clock which showed 7.03am. Miyuki went to take a bath before changing into a white dress shirt with a black midi-skirt and black flats. Miyuki quietly tip-toed to Mayu’s room and found the latter to be sleeping peacefully. Mayu was working the nightshift at the Children’s A&E ward tonight so Miyuki decided not to disturb her and left the younger girl to sleep. Miyuki made some coffee and toast for herself before going to work. Miyuki walked to her office and she bumped into Anna along the way who was going to visit one of her patients. Miyuki yawned as she entered her office. Miyuki sipped her tumbler of coffee as she picked one of her patient’s files off the shelf. Miyuki headed out of her office and bumped into Kojima Mako who was at the counter tapping in. Miyuki scanned her pass before Mako handed her a sandwich.

“Matsui-sempai asked me to give this to you, I bumped into her on my way here.” Said Mako.

Miyuki nodded and took the sandwich from Mako, “Thank you for delivering this.”

Mako waved it off, “It’s no biggie.”

Miyuki smiled and Mako headed to her office. Miyuki ate the sandwich as she headed to her patient’s ward. Miyuki joined Chinen Yuri and Matsumoto Rina in the ward. Miyuki’s patient Onishi Ryusei was a five year old boy with childhood leukemia, Yuri was his pediatrician and Rina was his gynecologist when he was younger.

“How is his treatment?” Asked Rina.

“He’s doing fine without a bone marrow at the moment but I don’t know how long this will last, it will become a problem if he doesn’t get a bone marrow transplant soon but he is still too young for an operation at the moment and not to mention that it is difficult to find a suitable bone marrow from someone who is about the same age as him, his blood is a special type and the blood donor has have the same blood type as him.” Said Miyuki.

“He is growing pretty normally except that his immune system is weaker than normal children.” Said Yuri.

Rina nodded, “We can only wait until he is old enough to have an operation.”

Miyuki, Rina and Yuri looked at their patient before leaving the ward.

“I’ll be heading back to my office first, if anything happens just call me.” Said Rina.

Yuri and Miyuki nodded as Rina walked down the hallway while Miyuki and Yuri were heading in the opposite direction.

“Are you going to visit Anna?” Asked Yuri.

Yuri shook his head, “She has an operation in an hour, and I’ll visit her after that.”

“I’ll be seeing you then, my office is three floors up and yours is one floor down.” Said Miyuki.

Yuri nodded and he took the stairs down while Miyuki took the lift. Miyuki made some notes on her patient’s file before handing them to the nurses at the counter. Miyuki entered her office and pulled out her phone to send Jurina a thank you text for the sandwich in the morning. Jurina soon replied with a smiling and thumbs up emoticons, which made Miyuki smile. Miyuki slipped her phone back into her pocket when she heard three knocks on her office door.

“Come on in.” Said Miyuki.

Katayose Ryota popped his head into Miyuki’s office before entering. Ryota placed a stack of papers on Miyuki’s desk.

“I’m sure that Shigeoka has already told you about the mother-daughter case. This is both of their medical and blood test records, I thought that you might want to refer to them.” Said Ryota.

“You and Daiki are the doctors taking care of her mother right?” Asked Miyuki.

Ryota nodded, “She asked me to conduct a checkup on her daughter when she came for her treatment when she told me her concerns and I spoke with Shigeoka and Ninomiya-sempai as well and they agreed that we should give her a checkup as well. Her daughter is only four years old and she might not be showing the symptoms of the illness as of yet but she might be in the future. It’s just a safety precaution at the moment.”

Miyuki nodded and slipped the papers into her new patient’s file.

“Well, I shall not bother you any further. But feel free to ask me or Shigeoka about her mother’s condition if you need it.” Said Ryota.

“Thanks for these, they will come in handy later.” Said Miyuki.

Ryota smiled before the left Miyuki’s office. Miyuki yawned again before she took another sip of her coffee. Miyuki’s next and last appointment for the day was at 11am and it was still not yet 10am. Miyuki decided to visit Sakura in her office. Miyuki walked to Sakura’s office which was five levels down. Miyuki entered the child development clinic and she was greeted by nods from Okada Nana and Matsukura Kaito, who were at the counter speaking with the children’s parents.

“Sakura-chan is in her office, she has an hour’s break right now before her next appointment.” Said Nana, while turning to the printer to grab the medical slip.

Miyuki nodded and knocked on Sakura’s office door. Miyuki heard a muffled “come in” before she entered the room. Sakura was munching on a sandwich which was most likely her breakfast.

“What brings you here Miyuki?” Asked Sakura.

“I was bored and my next appointment is at 11.” Said Miyuki.

“I finish at 12pm today, would you like to come over for lunch and to soak in the tub? Mayu too, I know that she had a busy and tiring day yesterday, Shori-kun told me as much.” Said Sakura.

“It would be good to de-stress.” Nodded Miyuki.

“I’ll text you when I finish work then I’ll meet you at my apartment.” Said Sakura.

Miyuki nodded and she chatted with Sakura for a little while more before returning to her office. Miyuki’s last appointment was a quick check-up and she was done for the day. Miyuki texted Sakura that she would buy bentos for them as lunch and Sakura agreed. Miyuki headed down to Sakura’s apartment when she received the latter’s text.

Sakura opened the door for Miyuki and the two doctors sat in the living room eating their bentos.

“So, what is on your mind?” Asked Sakura.

Miyuki tapped her chopsticks on her chin, “Dr Katayose Ryota referred the daughter of one of his patients to me. His patient has leukemia and her daughter has been showing some mild symptoms of childhood leukemia. I have not officially met them yet but I’m still thinking of what to do at the moment. We’re having her come for check-ups as a precaution. I was hoping to ask for your opinion.”

Sakura paused from her eating and she took a sip from her tea. “It is possible for a child to inherit their parents’ medical conditions but childhood leukemia is a different thing. Any child can get childhood leukemia, it’s honestly a matter of luck but having a parent who has leukemia would increase the chances of the child having leukemia too. But I don’t know too much about that, you’ll have to speak to Chinen-sempai about that.”

“I was planning to speak with him tomorrow, Dr Katayose Ryota asked me to meet his patient and her daughter. Then we’ll speak with Yuri for some advice and help.” Said Miyuki.

“You should do that, but childhood leukemia is hard to detect because the symptoms don’t show that easily.” Said Sakura.

“That’s true, but I think having childhood cancer is usually a matter of luck and fate. These kids suffer so much when they are still so young but they will get stronger when they grow up because they have survived that crucial period.” Said Miyuki.

“That’s true, but childhood cancer is treatable and kids get to grow up and live normal lives again.” Said Sakura.

Sakura sipped her tea before she remembered something, “Miyuki, you have a day off next week right?”

Miyuki nodded, “I’m going back to Nara, and I’ll only be back on Sunday night.”

“Are you going alone?” Asked Sakura.

“Mayu is working, but she’ll go back to Nara on her next day off.” Said Miyuki.

Miyuki was born and raised in Nara prefecture where their father was from while Mayu was born in Saitama prefecture where their mother was from. Miyuki and Mayu lived in Nara until they were seven and five respectively, when their father was transferred to Tokyo because of his job. Both Miyuki and Mayu attended elementary, middle and high school in Tokyo. They then moved to England to attend medical university, Miyuki graduated two years ahead of Mayu, and one year ahead of Sakura, Anna and Jurina.

“Anyway, I heard that Morimoto-kun is planning on proposing to Jurina. Mayu told me that she overheard him and Tanaka-san saying that he was checking out wedding rings.” Said Miyuki.

“Morimoto-kun isn’t proposing to Jurina, his older brother is planning on proposing to his girlfriend. Jurina told me so, Shintaro’s older brother requested her help when he is going to propose.” Said Sakura.

“It would be nice if one of the doctors in our hospital got married.” Giggled Miyuki.

“But I heard that Kamenashi Kazuya-sempai is planning on proposing to Umeda Ayaka-sempai. Mayu told me that Kamenashi-sempai is planning something romantic on their fifth anniversary.” Added Miyuki.

“I heard about that too, Shori-kun told me.” Said Sakura.

Miyuki and Sakura chatted for a while more before Anna came home. Miyuki, Sakura and Anna decided to soak in the tub for a while. Miyuki made a call to Mayu to ask her to come over as well, Miyuki was sure that Mayu has just woken up. Miyuki and Mayu soon bid Sakura and Anna goodbye before returning to their apartment, but Mayu went downstairs to meet Nakajima Yuto. On the way back to her apartment, Miyuki spotted Ryoha and Jinguji Yuta. The two were entering Ryoha’s apartment which was just opposite of Miyuki’s. Miyuki smiled slightly before she entered her own apartment.


Meanwhile with Ryoha…

Ryoha let Yuta into her apartment, Haruka was still at work. Ryoha poured Yuta some water and the two sat on the sofa.

“Nice place, you’ve got here.” Said Yuta.

Ryoha shrugged, “It’s one of the smaller apartments here but I only have one housemate, so it’s not like I need such a big apartment.”

Yuta laughed, “You haven’t changed one bit.”

Ryoha smiled, “Neither have you.”

“It’s strange how we’ve managed to find ourselves back together. We made a childhood marriage promise remember?” Laughed Yuta.

Ryoha blinked before remembering her first pinky promise with Yuta, which was during their elementary school years. Yuta and Ryoha attended the same middle school but different high schools, and Ryoha soon moved to England shortly after her high school graduation. Ryoha did remember that she and Yuta made a secret marriage promise when they were still in fifth grade.

“I remember, but it is strange how we managed to find ourselves back together again, just like old times.” Said Ryoha.

Yuta smiled, “That’s true, and how about I cook you dinner tonight?”

Ryoha raised an eyebrow, “You cook?”

Yuta shrugged, “I had to, after living in America for a couple of years, I decided to pick up cooking and it saved me quite a bit of money and it was healthier too. I presume that you cook as well, since you lived in England for a few years.”

“Haruka and I take turns to cook but we usually have a few of our colleagues over, it’s a tradition of ours around here. We usually end up crashing at our colleagues’ place for meals and they don’t mind most of the time, we usually return the favour afterwards.” Said Ryoha.

Yuta smiled, “Sounds fun, so you’ll be at my apartment at 7? My housemates will be out, so I have the whole apartment to myself.”

Ryoha smiled slightly, “Sure, I’ll meet you there.”

Yuta set down his glass and got up, “I’d better be going, I have to prepare for later.”

Ryoha set down and glass as well, before standing up. Ryoha showed Yuta out the door, Yuta gently pecked Ryoha’s cheek, causing her to turn shy. Yuta chuckled before heading to the elevator. Ryoha stared at Yuta’s retreating figure, before deciding to visit Sakura. Ryoha texted Sakura, to see if the former could pay a visit to the latter. Sakura said that she would come up instead. Ryoha washed the two used glasses in the kitchen. Ryoha soon heard the doorbell ring and she opened the door. Sakura was standing at the door with a grocery bag.

“I was just at the convenience store buying some stuff, would you like some ice cream soda?” Asked Sakura.

“We have ice cream in the freezer.” Nodded Ryoha.

Ryoha opened up the freezer and pulled out a tub of vanilla ice cream. Sakura filled the glasses with several ice cubes before filling the glasses with ice cream soda. Ryoha then placed a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of the cream soda while Sakura washed two straws and spoons. Ryoha kept away the tub of ice cream while Sakura capped the bottle of ice cream soda and placed the straws and spoons in the glasses. Ryoha and Sakura picked up a glass each and headed to the sofa.

“So, what’s on your mind?” Asked Sakura, after sipping her cream soda.

“Yuta-kun invited me for dinner at his apartment tonight, he said that he wanted to cook a meal for me. I was wondering if you could help me pick out an outfit.” Spoke Ryoha, shyly.

Sakura smiled, “Of course! I’ll help you pick out an outfit after we finish our cream soda.”

Ryoha gave a small smile and the two conversed about the topic of marriage, especially the couples in the hospital. Sakura helped Ryoha wash the glasses before the two ladies headed to Ryoha’s room. Sakura opened up Ryoha’s closet and inspected the clothes. Sakura eventually pulled out a light blue shirt, a pleated jean skirt and a jean jacket.

“This looks good, I’ll clip your hair for you later.” Said Sakura, holding up the clothes.

“What time are you meeting Yuta-kun?” Asked Sakura.

“Seven.” Replied Ryoha.

Sakura glanced at the clock which showed, 5.56pm. “We have about an hour left to help you get ready.”

Ryoha went to take a bath while Sakura took out Ryoha’s hairclips. Ryoha soon emerged from the bath. Sakura helped Ryoha dry her hair, before Ryoha changed into her chosen outfit. Sakura then clipped Ryoha’s hair up using a silver butterfly hairclip.

“You look great.” Said Sakura.

Sakura glanced at the clock which showed, 6.44pm. “You still have some time left before you go. You should relax a little.”

“You can leave if you’d like, I’m sure that you have other plans for the night.” Said Ryoha.

“I don’t, Anna is having dinner with Chinen-sempai while Jurina and Morimoto-kun are going to watch a movie after work. So, I have the whole apartment to myself for most of the night.” Said Sakura, while shaking her head.

Sakura waited until it was five minutes before seven before accompanying Ryoha to the lift. Sakura took the lift one floor down while Ryoha took the lift three floors down. Sakura squeezed Ryoha’s hand before she exited from the lift. Sakura walked back to her apartment and found Shori waiting for her outside her apartment.

“Shori-kun, what are you doing here?” Asked Sakura.

“I heard from Morimoto-san that you are alone for the night and I wondered if you wanted to have dinner together.” Said Shori.

“You didn’t have to but thanks for the thought. Did you wait long?” Asked Sakura, pulling out her keys.

Shori shook his head, “I came up just a while ago.”

Sakura opened the door and let Shori in. Sakura the lights and headed into the kitchen.

“How does pasta sound?” Asked Sakura.

“Sounds good to me, I’ll help you.” Said Shori.

Shori cooked the pasta while Sakura cooked the sauce. Shori plated the pasta and Sakura poured the sauce onto the pasta. The pot and pan were left in the sink and Sakura also washed two forks. Sakura and Shori sat across each other at the dining table.

“So how are you settling in?” Asked Sakura.

“Just fine, my colleagues are pretty nice.” Said Shori.

Sakura spoke to Shori about his colleagues as the two finished their dinner.

“It seems that almost all of our friends are dating someone.” Said Shori.

“Yeah, but I guess it’s normal for people our age to date, I mean they do have to settle down and get married soon.” Said Sakura.

“We’ll be married someday too.” Nodded Shori.

“Oh yeah, did you attend Yamada-sempai and Maeda-sempai’s wedding?” Asked Sakura.

“I did, but I left early. I had a test the following day, so I didn’t stay throughout the whole ceremony.” Said Shori.

“I went too, but I didn’t see you.” Spoke Sakura.

“I was sitting with Chinen-sempai, you were probably with the other girls.” Said Shori.

“I was sitting with Mayu, Anna and Jurina.” Confirmed Sakura.

“The tables we were sitting at were probably at the other end of the hall.” Said Shori.

Shori and Sakura chatted throughout dinner and they didn’t realise the time, until Shintaro sent Jurina home. It was then that Shori and Sakura realised the time, it was getting late, and they still had work tomorrow. Sakura and Shori reluctantly bid each other goodnight as Sakura showed Shori out. But before Shori left the doorway of Sakura’s apartment completely, Shori suddenly turned around and placed a gentle peck on Sakura’s cheek. Shori gave Sakura his usual glimmering smile before he left, leaving Sakura to wonder what had actually happened. When Sakura’s brain finally processed what just happened, a small smile crept onto Sakura’s face. Sakura retreated to her room smiling to herself, leaving Jurina who was utterly puzzled at Sakura’s behavior when the latter passed by the former on her way to the kitchen.

Jurina waved a hand in front of Sakura, “Sakura are you feeling alright?”

Sakura blinked before nodding and Jurina just grinned.

“It seems that the love bug has caught you.” Said Jurina, with a smile.

“I guess.” Shrugged Sakura.

“I’ll be here for you, you can tell us anything.” Said Jurina.

Sakura gave a small smile, “I know.”

Jurina grinned, “So, how about some supper? I was craving for chicken.”

“Why not? I’m sure that Anna would love to have some when she’s back.” Said Sakura.

“Go and take a bath first, I’ll call for delivery.” Said Jurina, waving the house phone.

Sakura nodded and she headed to her room to take a shower. Sakura took a warm shower, she the warm water warm up her body. Sakura let her memories take over her mind while she washed her hair with shampoo. The incident and her past memoires played through Sakura’s mind as she took her bath. Sakura soon stepped out of the bath and changed into a short sleeved nightgown. Sakura dried her hair before hanging it on the railings of the window in the living room. Jurina handed Sakura a mug of hot tea as the two ladies waited for their delivery. Jurina immediately jumped up when she heard the doorbell ring. Jurina paid the delivery boy along with a tip and she set the box of chicken on the table. Jurina and Sakura waited for Anna come home before having the chicken. Anna returned a few minutes later and she took a quick shower before joining Jurina and Sakura in the living room.