Sixth

Re-Start

The next morning...

Sakura woke up when her alarm clock rang. Sakura picked out her outfit for the day and went to shower. Sakura found Jurina preparing breakfast while Anna was drinking some coffee.

"Ohayou, Sakura." Said Anna.

Jurina placed three plates of pancakes on the table and the three ladies ate their breakfast together. Sakura made herself some hot chocolate which she placed in a thermal flask. Anna, Jurina and Sakura headed to work. Sakura walked to her office, bumping to Miyuki on the way. Sakura entered her office and read through her files for her patients. Sakura picked up Nakayama Aki's file and headed to her ward. Today was the day that Aki was going to have her operation. Aki's operation was scheduled at 10am and Sakura promised Aki that she would wait outside the operation theatre.

Sakura's first patient for the day was a young girl named Koga Narumi. She became mute after being kidnapped a year before. Narumi was saved but she was traumatised and subsequently became mute. Sakura communicated with her mute and deaf patients using a whiteboard. Sakura wrote what she wanted to say on the board and show it to her patients. But Sakura also spoke with her mute patients but most of her patients would choose not to reply her vocally. Sakura prepared herself as she heard a knock on the door.


Meanwhile with Shori...

Shori was packing up his things, tomorrow would be his last day working in his former high school. His colleagues would miss him but Shori knew that he would make new friends and colleagues at his new workplace as well. Shori felt a little nostalgic, as he remembered something similar happening during his last year of high school.


Flashback

Eighteen-year-old Sato Shori was cleaning out his locker, tomorrow was his last day as a high school student, after which he would be someone in the society. Shori cleared out his books and stationary. Shori spotted an unusual paperweight beside a bunch of photos of him and his classmates that he had hung up. The paperweight was a birthday gift to him from Sakura when they were fifteen.

"Do you need some help Shori-kun?" Asked a voice that Shori knew all too well.

Behind the locker door stood a eighteen-year-old Miyawaki Sakura. Sakura had a smile on her face which made Shori smile as well.

"I could use it." Grinned Shori, sheepishly.

Sakura giggled and helped Shori clean out his locker. Sakura and Shori walked home together with the former helping the latter carry his things.

"Arigato, Sakura-chan! I never know what to do without you." Grinned Shori, sheepishly.

Sakura smiled back, "Me too."

Sakura headed into her house via the back gate in the garden after helping Shori bring his things into his room.

End of Flashback


It was just like last time except this time, Sakura wasn't here to help him and he was a working adult and not a student anymore. Shori smiled at the memory as he packed his things.

"We're going to miss you." Spoke Matsushima Sou, one of his co-workers.

Shori looked up, "I'm going to miss you guys too. But it was fun working with you guys. These few years have been enjoyable because of you guys."

Shori's co-workers gave him brotherly hugs which he returned. Shori packed the photographs he had on his table, he was definitely going to miss working here.


Meanwhile with Mayu...

Mayu took a drink from her water bottle in the A&E's doctor's lounge. She had just finished treating a few patients and was currently take a short break. Mayu kept her water bottle away along with the other water bottles belonging to her fellow doctors before going back to work. Mayu walked towards an empty treatment room just as a young boy who looked to be about seven years old was led into the room.

"Konnichiwa, what seems to be the problem?" Asked Mayu, giving a smile.

"He's been having a fever for the pat couple of days, it has gone done a little but the fevers keeps coming and going." Replied the boy's mother.

"I see." Nodded Mayu.

Mayu checked the boy's temperature and nodded.

"He still has a fever right now." Nodded Mayu.

"Does he have any rashes or body ache?" Asked Mayu.

The boy's mother shook her head, "He doesn't. Is he alright doctor?"

"What has he been eating these days? Perhaps it's due to his diet." Replied Mayu.

"He loves spicy food but I didn't give him any. Unless he managed to steal something spicy from the kitchen to eat." Replied the boy's mother.

"Hey, what's your name?" Asked Mayu, turning the boy.

"Yamamoto Ikkei!" Replied the boy.

"Ikkei-kun, have you been eating any spicy food these days?" Asked Mayu, serious.

Ikkei nodded, "I added some chilli oil to my ramen yesterday."

Mayu frowned, "You shouldn't be eating spicy food when you are sick. You won't recover that way."

"Ikkei! I told you not to eat spicy food!" Scolded his mother.

"I'll give him some medicine for his fever but keep him away from spicy food for a while." Said Mayu.

Mayu wrote a prescription for Ikkei and handed to the nurse with her. The nurse then proceeded to lead Ikkei and his mother out of the room. Mayu went outside to look at the patients in the waiting area. Mayu felt her phone vibrating, she took it out of her doctor's coat and found a call from her sister, Miyuki.

"Onee-san, what's up?" Asked Mayu.

"Are you free right now? I'll meet you at the children's A&E ward, it's about something important." Said Miyuki.

"Of course." Said Mayu.

"I'll be there in ten minutes." Said Miyuki.

Mayu nodded and ended the call. Mayu waited for Miyuki in the doctor's lounge and she saw her sister approaching her with a worried look on her face.

"Onee-san, what's wrong?" Asked Mayu.

Miyuki handed Mayu the file she was holding and gave an uneasy smile. Mayu took the file nervously and read it. Mayu's eyes widened and she glanced up at her sister.

"Is this true?" Asked Mayu.

Miyuki nodded grimly, "Unfortunately, that's true. Yagura Fuuko-san's bone cancer has relapsed."

"Isn't she currently pregnant?" Asked Mayu.

Miyuki nodded, "Sakura-chan, Chinen-kun and many of the other paediatric doctors are advising her to go for an abortion."

Yagura Fuuko was a doctor from the neurology department in their hospital. And she was born with bone cancer, which she inherited from her mother. And she was currently three months pregnant, she just found out her pregnancy a week ago and the news of her cancer relapse was revealed just today.

"It's going to be hard on her and her husband." Spoke Mayu.

Miyuki nodded, "Well, I'll let you get back to work. But don't tell anyone about this alright? We should respect Yagura-san's privacy."

Mayu nodded, "Of course, I won't tell anybody. We'll talk about this again later."

Miyuki took the file from her sister's hands and left the lounge and Mayu headed back to work.


Meanwhile with Sakura...

Sakura was currently in the office of Dr Yagura Fuuko of the neurology department, her senior Chinen Yuri, Fujigaya Taisuke, a senior doctor from the neurology department and Matsumoto Rina, a senior gynaecologist were also in the office. They were speaking to Yagura Fuuko about her cancer relapse and her pregnancy. Sakura felt sorry for Fuuko, who was two years older than her. She had survived her cancer treatment and recovered, and she found out that she was pregnant a week ago but now she found out that her cancer had relapsed. Fuuko's happiness had been crushed, and she was in despair.

"Yagura-san, I know that you want to keep the baby but it isn't good for the baby especially when you go for chemotherapy." Spoke Yuri.

"Chinen-san is right, we are only concerned about your health Yagura-san." Said Rina.

"But I want this baby!" Said Fuuko.

"We know that but if you don't take care of yourself how are you going to take care of kids? You can always try for a kid in the future, you should focus on your cancer treatment first." Said Taisuke, Fuuko's senior in the neurology department.

"Yagura-san, we understand that you want to keep the baby but it would only endanger it's life if you don't abort it and go for treatment. You will also endanger your life if you don't go for treatment." Said Sakura.

"But the final decision is still yours Yagura-san, you should go home and discuss this with your husband and family. It is still a very big decision to be taken." Said Rina.

"I'll ask the hospital director to give you a few days off to think about things." Said Taisuke.

Taisuke and Rina left the room, Yuri and Sakura shared a look before Yuri left the room. Sakura assuringly squeezed Fuuko's hand before following Yuri out of the room.

"It's going to be hard for Yagura-san." Said Yuri.

Sakura nodded, "It's expected, she just found out that she was pregnant last week and news of her cancer relapse has emerged. I can imagine the pain and confusion that she's feeling."

"Let's visit Aki-chan! We weren't able to visit her earlier after her operation, which was successful." Said Yuri.

Sakura nodded, "We promised that we would wait outside the operation theatre for her."

Sakura and Yuri headed to Nakayama Aki's ward, they knocked on the door and found Aki's parents, Oshima Yuko, Kojima Mako and Miyuki inside.

"How is she?" Asked Sakura.

Yuko gave them a thumbs up, "Her condition is stable, she is just sleeping right now."

Yuri smiled, "That's a relief. Now Aki-chan can grow up like a normal child."

"We shall not disturb you any further, Nakayama-san." Said Miyuki.

The four other doctors nodded and left the ward.

"It's a good thing that things worked out fine." Said Yuri.

"We heard about Yagura-san, how is she?" Asked Mako.

Sakura and Yuri shared a look.

"She isn't taking it well, would be how to explain her situation." Spoke Sakura.

"She's confused, betrayed and sad." Said Yuri.

Yuko nodded, "It's expected though, but it is still going to be a tough decision on her."

"Fujigaya-sempai and Matsumoto-sempai are talking with her and her family about it but I don't know how they are going to take it." Said Yuri.

Miyuki sighed, "It's going to be hard on Yagura-san."

"Alright, no one is to say anything about this alright? We should respect Yagura-san and give her all the emotional support that she needs." Sighed Yuko.

The other four nodded in agreement. Miyuki, Mako and Yuko took the lift I the sixth floor where their office was located while Yuri and Sakura walked further down the hallway. Sakura entered the child development clinic while Yuri walked further down to his office. Sakura entered her office and got ready for her last patient of the day.


Meanwhile with Miyuki...

Miyuki walked back to her office and found someone outside her office. Yuko and Mako's offices were in another part of the clinic.

"Nakajima-kun?" Spoke Miyuki, recognising the back view of the person.

The person turned around and Miyuki saw that Nakajima Kento was standing outside her office.

"What brings you here? Come on in." Said Miyuki.

Miyuki opened the door to her office and let Kento in. Miyuki poured Kento a cup of water and one for herself as well.

"What brings you here, Nakajima-kun?" Asked Miyuki.

"Have you heard of Sato Shori?" Asked Kento.

Miyuki paused at the name, wondering how Kento knew that name.

"He's my new housemate." Added Kento, seeing the expression on Miyuki's face.

"Why do you ask?" Asked Miyuki.

"Well he texted me if I knew a doctor named Miyawaki Sakura in our hospital. She's a friend of yours right Watanabe-san?" Spoke Kento.

"They were childhood friends." Responded Miyuki.

Kento nodded, "I was wondering why he knew her name since he said that he didn't know anyone who worked here."

There was an awkward silence between the two before Kento broke it.

"We are never going to be like before are we?" Spoke Kento, softly.

Miyuki looked down, she spotted a hanging photo frame hanging on the knob of her table's drawer. Miyuki couldn't see the picture clearly from her position but if one were to pick up the photo frame one would see Miyuki and Kento in the photo holding hands and smiling happily. Truthfully, Kento and Miyuki used to date until the middle of last year when they suddenly broke up, much to the shock of their friends and colleagues.

"Can we start over? As friends of course. I know that you are still hurt by what happened back then." Spoke Kento.

Miyuki stared at Kento and realised that he was being sincere. Miyuki thought in her mind that it was time that she let bygones be bygones and become friends with Kento again.

"It's alright if we become friends again." Said Miyuki.

Kento stood up and smiled and held out a hand to Miyuki. Miyuki stared at it before standing up and taking it and the two shared a handshake.

"I should get going, sorry for taking up some of your time, Watanabe-san." Said Kento.

"We're friends, you can always talk to me." Miyuki heard herself say.

Kento smiled at Miyuki before leaving her office. Miyuki watched as Kento left her office. Miyuki felt tears rolling down her cheeks as Miyuki fell back into her chair. Miyuki's tears streaked down her face as someone knocked on the door.

Miyuki quickly wiped her tears and managed to speak in her normal tone, "Come in."

The door opened and Mako entered the office. Mako noticed Miyuki's tear stained face and became alarmed. Mako placed the file she was holding onto Miyuki's table before going to stand beside her.

"Miyuki-sempai, is something wrong? Did Nakajima-sempai do anything to you?" Asked Mako.

Miyuki didn't know what to do, as she knew that Mako was right. Kento did do something to her and that was to make her heart beat faster and louder again. Miyuki felt confused and betrayed right now, she just let her tears streak down her face as she hugged Mako. Mako was shocked but she realised that what Miyuki needed right now was a shoulder to cry and lean on. Mako patted Miyuki's back until Miyuki fell asleep. Mako helped Miyuki sit in her chair properly before writing a note to Miyuki. Mako quietly left the office and went back to her own, not minding her wet doctor's coat. Mako removed her coat as she was already off duty. Mako picked up her office phone and called Miyuki's younger sister Mayu. Mako met Mayu outside Miyuki's office.

"Miyuki-sempai cried after speaking with Nakajima-sempai. I left her to sleep for a while in her office, I was thinking that you could talk to her since you know her better than I do." Said Mako.

Mayu glanced at the door to her sister's office before nodded, "Arigato, Kojima-san. Thanks for taking care of my sister."

Mako gave a small smile, "Miyuki-sempai is the one who is always taking care of me."

"Thank you, I can manage on my own." Nodded Mayu.

Mako left Mayu in the hallway and the younger Watanabe sister entered her older sister's office. Mayu entered the office quietly and noticed her sister's tear stained face and her make up was smeared. But unfortunately for Mayu, the door creaked slightly and that caused Miyuki to open her eyes.

"What? Oh, Mayu. You're here." Mumbled Miyuki.

"Kojima-san called and told me that you cried after speaking to Nakajima-sempai." Said Mayu.

Miyuki fell quiet and Mayu placed a hand on her sister' shoulder.

"You can tell me at home, I'm already off work and you are too. Kojima-san checked that you don't have anymore patients today, so you are free to go." Said Mayu.

Mayu handed her sister a tissure to clean her smeared make up before she helped her sister pack up. The two sisters heard back to their shared apartment.

Mayu helped Miyuki wash off the rest of her smeared make up before washing away her own. Mayu waited as Miyuki changed into a sky blue shirt with black shorts. Mayu herself was dressed in a pink shirt with a black skirt. Mayu made Miyuki some hot tea as they sat on the sofa.

"Onee-san, what happened earlier?" Asked Mayu.

Miyuki sniffled as she wiped a few drops tears away. Mayu took the mug from her sister's hands and placed the mug on the table before hugging her sister.

"I don't know how I should be feeling right now." Choked Miyuki.

Mayu patted her sister's back, "Then don't, let yourself have some time to think things through."

Miyuki cried onto her sister's shoulder and Mayu patted her back. Miyuki explained things as tears kept rolling down her cheeks. Miyuki eventually fell asleep after crying her heart out. Mayu the air-conditioner and covered her sister with a blanket before going to change her shirt as her current one was wet. Mayu washed her mug as well as her sister's before cooking up some porridge for her and her sister. Mayu decided to leave her sister alone for a while and she decided to visit Ryoha and Haruka, who lived in the apartment across theirs. Mayu pressed the door bell and Haruka opened it.

"Mayu-chan what brings you here? Ryoha isn't back yet, I have a day off today." Spoke Haruka.

Mayu bit her lower lip nervously, "It's about onee-san."

Haruka gave a serious look and led Mayu to the living room while she poured Mayu a glass of water.

"What's wrong with Miyuki?" Asked Haruka.

Mayu bit her lower lip and explained the situation to Haruka. Haruka nodded as Mayu explained the situation.

"Nakajima-kun is the only one who can cause Miyuki to be like this." Nodded Haruka.

"It worries me, Sakura-chan already has problems with her love life. I have a feeling that Ryoha has a few problems as well." Said Mayu.

"Maybe you can have Oshima-sempai talk to Miyuki about this. Oshima-sempai is her senior after all." Said Haruka.

Mayu sighed and nodded, "Thanks for listening, I should be getting back. I have I check on onee-san."

Haruka smiled, "It's no problem, we are sisters after all."

Haruka showed Mayu out and the former watched as the latter entered the apartment opposite of hers. Haruka spotted Miyuki sleeping peacefully on the sofa. Haruka closed the door and shook her head.

"So many things have happened over the past few days, especially to our love lives." Thought Haruka.

Haruka shook head and went back to preparing dinner. Haruka chopped up some vegetables and mixed an egg with them. Haruka carefully poured the mixture into the sizzling pan. Haruka skilfully made an omelette before going on to fry some vegetables.


Meanwhile with Sakura...

Sakura packed up before leaving the clinic, Sakura met up with Anna before going back to their apartment together. Jurina was already preparing dinner, which was pasta. Sakura took a shower before joining Jurina and Anna in the living room.

"Mayu called me earlier, about Miyuki and Nakajima-kun." Spoke Jurina.

Anna and Sakura shared a look as Jurina explained the incident between Kento and Miyuki.

"It's been a couple of months since they broke up and Miyuki has never really gotten over Nakajima-kun." Said Anna.

Sakura nodded, "Miyuki really loves Nakajima-kun, I think she still does."

Jurina sighed, "I just hope that Miyuki is alright."

Jurina served their pasta and the three women ate their dinner while discussing about Miyuki and Kento.

After dinner, Sakura returned to her room and lay on her bed, thinking about her relationship with Shori. Sakura lay on her bed as a memory flashed through her mind.


Flashback

Sixteen year old Miyawaki Sakura sat on her bed, drying her tears. Sakura had just seen Shori and her close friend, Motomura Aoi, on a date. It pained her to see Shori with another girl, especially when he seemed to be having fun and enjoying her company. Sakura dried her tears, Sakura was glad that her parents or younger brother weren't home at the time, she didn't want them to know about her feelings for Shori. Sakura got up from her bed and headed to the bathroom to take a warm bath. Sakura filled the bathtub with warm water and added some bathing salts to it. Sakura wrapped herself with a towel before entering the bath. Sakura let the heat of the water enter her body, warming up her body.

Sakura hugged her knees as she thought about Shori again. Shori seemed really happy when he was with Aoi. Sakura felt sad and hurt, Sakura was always at her happiest when she was with Shori but she didn't know he feels the same way. Having hidden feelings for your best friend was one thing but being best-friend-zoned by a confession that they like someone else is even more painful. But that was how Sakura felt right now.

"Shori-kun." Mumbled Sakura, as she cried in the bath.

End of Flashback


Sakura sighed as she hugged her pillow. Sakura reached for her cellphone and dialled Shori's number.

"Sakura-chan, what's up?" Asked Shori.

"I was wondering if you need some help moving this weekend." Said Sakura.

"It's appreciated, but my housemates are helping me but you are free to come and help me." Said Shori.

"I'm free on that day, unless an emergency pops up." Said Sakura.

"Thanks, Sakura. You are a great friend. Arigato, shinyuu." Said Shori.

Sakura giggled, "You are a great friend too. Arigato, shinyuu."

"Goodnight, Sakura." Said Shori.

"Goodnight, Shori-kun." Said Sakura.

Sakura and Shori listened to each other's breathing for a few minutes before hanging up. Sakura held her phone close to her heart as she felt her heart beating faster and louder than usual. Sakura felt her tears slipping out, but she didn't know why. She should be happy that Shori acknowledged her as his best friend but at the same time she felt sad because they were only best friends. At the moment, Sakura wanted Shori to hug her and get her to stop crying. Sakura hugged her pillow as she closed her door. Sakura's tears wet her pillow but Sakura didn't care, all she wanted was for Shori to calm her down and get her to stop crying like when they were younger. Sakura eventually fell asleep from crying and Anna quietly tiptoed into into the former's room to cover the former with her blanket. Anna also set Sakura's alarm clock for her.


The next morning...

Sakura woke up when her alarm clock rang. Sakura showered and prepared herself for her day ahead. Sakura made coffee as Anna prepared breakfast. Sakura sipped her coffee as she ate the waffles that Anna had prepared.

"Sakura, you'll be home early today right?" Asked Anna.

"Yeah, why?" Asked Sakura.

"I'm going on a date with Yuri tonight and I think Jurina has plans with Shintaro-kun. Will you be alright alone?" Asked Anna.

"I can just meet with the Haruka and the others for dinner." Shrugged Sakura.

"Just don't stay alone alright?" Said Anna.

Sakura and Anna's eyes met before Sakura nodded. Sakura knew that Anna knew what happened last night after dinner, and Anna was just looking out for her. Anna gave Sakura a sisterly hug and patted her back.

"Everything is going to be fine." Said Anna.

Sakura and Anna broke their embrace as Jurina walked into the dining room. Anna plated some waffles for Jurina and Sakura poured a mug of coffee for her. Jurina squeezed Sakura's hand as she took the mug of coffee from Sakura.

The three friends headed to work together and Sakura felt that she wasn't prepared to face Shori tomorrow. Sakura sat in her office and closed her eyes, whilst staring at the ceiling. Sakura only had one patient that day and she wondered if she should spend some time with Ryoha and Miyuki who had day offs today. Sakura texted Miyuki and Ryoha before placing her phone into her bag as she prepared for her only patient that day.


Meanwhile with Anna...

Anna sat in her office with her boyfriend, Chinen Yuri, who was also Sakura's senior. Yuri had dropped by to give her a cup of hot chocolate, as well as to spend some time with her after visiting one of his patients.

"I'm worried about Sakura." Confessed Anna.

Yuri raised an eyebrow, "Does she have any problems lately?"

Anna sighed and explained the situation with Shori and Sakura to Yuri.

"Well, it is painful for Sakura-chan. But I think that things are going to be fine. If Sato-san is going to work here, the earlier they resolve things, the earlier that they won't be having an awkward relationship with one another." Nodded Yuri.

Anna sighed, "I guess you're right but I can't help but feel worried for her."

"Sakura-chan is a strong person, and besides she has us to support her." Said Yuri.

Yuri brought Anna into his embrace and he gently kissed her forehead. Yuri patted her back and hugged Anna close.

"I have a patient to visit, thanks for the hot chocolate." Said Anna.

Yuri grinned, "I'll pick you up later for our date."

Anna smiled and picked up her patient's file. Yuri walked Anna to her patients's ward before they split up at the lift lobby.

Anna visited one of her patients, Mogi Shinobu, who suffered a cardiac arrest a few weeks ago and fell into a coma. She still hasn't woken up but they couldn't do anything except hope that Mogi would be strong enough to wake up. Mogi was a rather pitiful girl as she inherited her cardiac problems from her grandfather, and none of her father or uncles had heart problems, only Mogi did. Anna spoke with her family and told them that it was up to Mogi to wake up on her own.

Anna left Mogi and her family before going back to her office. Anna decided to stop by Sakura's office and check up on her. Anna carefully knocked on Sakura's door before Anna heard Sakura's voice.

"Come on in." Spoke Sakura's voice.

Anna entered the room and took a seat across Sakura. Sakura was obviously surprised by her sudden visit.

"How are you feeling though?" Asked Anna.

"Alright, I'm thinking of talking with Miyuki and Ryoha about this, since we have similar problems." Said Sakura.

Anna nodded, "You should definitely talk to someone about this."

"Anyway I was about to go, my only patient today left a few minutes before you came." Said Sakura.

"Be careful alright?" Spoke Anna.

Sakura nodded and squeezed Anna's hand. Sakura left her office while Anna headed back to her office. Sakura walked back to her office, Sakura rarely had very short days like today, so it felt a little weird for her. Sakura returned to her apartment and changed into a comfortable white top and jean skirt. Miyuki had offered to have her and Ryoha over for lunch so that they could talk about their problems together. Sakura took her house keys and cellphone before going over to Miyuki's apartment which was three floors above hers. Sakura pressed the doorbell and Ryoha opened it.

"Miyuki is finishing up on lunch, come on in." Said Ryoha.

Sakura entered the apartment and found it to be air-conditioned. Miyuki had closed the windows and drawn all of the curtains. Miyuki had prepared soba for the three of them and the three of them sat in the living room.

"Shall we talk about our problems one by one?" Asked Miyuki.

"I'll go first, if you don't mind. It's been really confusing me." Said Sakura.

Miyuki and Ryoha nodded, motioning for Sakura to explain her story. Sakura explained the things that happened last night and her current feelings for Shori.

"We can't really say anything since we don't know Sato-san at all but I think that the two of you have to talk things out. That way you can clarify your relationship with each other and make amends." Said Miyuki.

Ryoha nodded, "You guys should have a heart to heart talk, who knows, he might even return your feelings."

"I guess." Mumbled Sakura.

There was a short silence before Ryoha broke it.

"I guess it's my turn." Sighed Ryoha.

Ryoha hugged one of the pillows on the sofa.

"Haruki-kun and I talked yesterday, and he wants to get back together with me. It's been years since we've dated each other and I'm confused about my feelings for him." Sighed Ryoha.

"How do you feel about him?" Asked Miyuki.

"Well, he can definitely bring my mood up when I'm sad. Sometimes  he sends me texts to cheer me up, it's like he knows when I'm sad, just like when we were dating back in high school." Said Ryoha.

"I think you still love him, you guys did date for more than a year you know and old feelings are rather hard to forget, especially your first love." Said Miyuki.

"You should give it a try again, it may work out again between you two." Said Sakura.

Ryoha smiled slightly, "Thanks for listening girls, I needed it."

Sakura smiled back, "We're sisters aren't we?"

"Miyuki, we're here to help you. You can tell us about Nakajima-kun." Said Ryoha, turning to Miyuki.

"I know that we still have some unresolved issues between us, but I'm afraid of getting hurt again. I want to get back together with him but I'm afraid of getting hurt." Said Miyuki, softly.

"You should try to talk to him again, this time about your feelings. You should clarify your feelings and see if he still returns them or not. But I think Nakajima-kun still loves you, it's just that he's just afraid of hurting you again." Said Sakura.

"But it feels like he has totally forgotten about the times we had together, like he only remembers when we broke up." Said Miyuki, trying to hold back her tears.

Ryoha and Sakura hugged Miyuki as Miyuki let her tears fall freely. Sakura thought in the back of her mind that their love lives were really complicated, but that only made their feelings for their respective partners stronger.

"Things will be alright." Said Sakura, softly.

"Mayu will definitely go after him if he does anything to you again, and that goes the same for us." Said Ryoha.

Miyuki bit her lower lip, "Can you guys stay here with me for a little while?"

"I'm free for the rest of the afternoon." Said Sakura.

"Me too! We can stay for as long as you need!" Nodded Ryoha.

Miyuki smiled slightly, "Thanks, you girls are the best."

Sakura and Ryoha shared a look before sharing a smile. The three ladies talked a little more about their love lives as they ate their lunch. Miyuki eventually fell asleep on the couch, Ryoha and Sakura quietly washed the used dishes before going back to their own apartments, so as not to disturb Miyuki. Sakura entered her apartment and headed to her room. Sakura sat on her bed and hugged her pillow. Sakura felt tired and she soon fell asleep. But Sakura's nap wasn't peaceful, in fact it was full of tears.


Sakura's dream:

Eighteen year old Miyawaki Sakura walked along the halls of the airport, waiting for her plane. Sakura glanced at the gates, to see her family and friends waving to her. Sakura smiled slightly and waved back to them. It hadn't been an easy decision for Sakura to decide to go overseas and study medicine. When Sakura decided to accept the offer to a well-known medical university overseas, she hoped that her best friend, Sato Shori, would ask her to stay. But Shori didn't, Shori congratulated Sakura on her acceptance and supported her decision to go overseas and study medicine. Shori said that he would miss her but he made no move to ask Sakura to stay. Sakura felt sad, but she figured that she would change her mind about Shori when she went overseas. After all, she was supposed to meet new people overseas. But Sakura's feelings for Shori never faded, in fact they became even stronger.

Sakura clutched her bag tightly as she wandered around the departure hall while waiting for her flight. Sakura took one last look at her family and Shori, before heading in the direction of her departure gate.

End of Sakura's Dream.


Sakura slept soundly despite having the dream. Sakura's tears gently rolled down her cheeks as she slept. Sakura's eyes gently fluttered opened as she felt something salty on her lips. Sakura sat up and cleaned away her tears. Sakura headed to the bathroom to freshen up before making herself a mug of tea.

Sakura took a seat on the sofa as she sipped her tea. Sakura set down her mug when she heard the door bell ring. Sakura went to open the door and she found Ryoha outside.

"Would you like to join me for dinner later Sakura? I know that both Anna and Jurina have plans tonight and Haruka is with her colleagues tonight." Spoke Ryoha.

Sakura smiled slightly, "Sure."

Ryoha nodded before examining Sakura.

"Were you crying earlier?" Asked Ryoha, noticing Sakura's slightly puffy eyes.

Sakura let Ryoha in and the two ladies sat on the sofa.

"I had a dream, I dreamt of when I left Japan for England a few years ago. I was hoping that Shori-kun would ask me to stay but he didn't. He chose to support my decision of going to England." Explained Sakura.

Ryoha nodded and squeezed Sakura's hand reassuringly.

"Don't worry, things will be fine." Said Ryoha.

Sakura and Ryoha had a sisterly hug before Ryoha headed back to her apartment. Sakura showed Ryoha out and promised to be there for dinner later. Sakura returned to her seat on the sofa and she continued sipping her tea while thinking about Shori and her dream. Sakura shook her head, before turning on some classical music.

Sakura closed her eyes as she listened to the soothing music. Sakura sat in a meditating position on the floor and meditated for a while. Sakura decided to take a shower to calm herself down.

Sakura dried her hair and got dressed in a yellow shirt with jean shorts. Sakura headed over to Ryoha's apartment to help Ryoha, Sakura figured that Ryoha could use the company as well.

"Are you feeling alright?" Asked Sakura.

Ryoha blinked before nodding slowly, "I just need some time I suppose."

"Then give yourself some time to be alone and think about things." Said Sakura.

"You should speak to Sato-san about this, that way you wouldn't suffer so much." Said Ryoha.

"I'll be meeting him tomorrow, he's moving in tomorrow." Nodded Sakura.

"Then talk things through with him, he may return your feelings now." Said Ryoha.

"I don't want to get my hopes up, I'm not like my younger self anymore." Said Sakura.

"I know that but you how love makes us weak and helpless at times." Said Ryoha.

"We'll be fine, we just have to follow our hearts and let nature take it's course." Said Sakura, even though she wasn't too sure of her own advice.

Sakura and Ryoha finished preparing their dinner which was kimchi fried rice. Ryoha set the bowl of fried rice on the table before leaving it to cool. Sakura and Ryoha sat on the sofa drinking their iced tea, which Sakura had made. Ryoha and Sakura listened to each other's troubles and assured each other that things were going to be fine, even though they weren't really sure of their own advice.

"Thanks for having me over." Spoke Sakura.

Ryoha smiled slightly, "No, I should thank you. You spent some time with me to keep my mind off my hectic life. I really needed it."

Sakura smiled and hugged Ryoha. "You did the same for me, I should thank you as well."

The two ladies shared a sisterly hug before Sakura headed back to her apartment. Sakura returned to her room and remembered her "appointment" with Shori tomorrow. Sakura took a deep berth before going to have a shower and an early night.


The next morning...

Sakura woke up when the sun's days entered her bedroom through her bedroom window. Sakura opened her eyes groggily and blinked several times. Sakura got out of bed and went to freshen up before going to prepare breakfast. Sakura prepared a traditional Japanese style breakfast along with freshly brewed tea. Sakura poured herself some tea while she waited for Jurina and Anna to freshen up for breakfast.

"Sakura, you're meeting Sato-san later right?" Asked Jurina, as she took a seat beside Sakura.

Sakura nodded, "I promised Shori-kun that I help him move in although his housemates have already agreed to help him."

"Be careful alright? We don't want you to get hurt." Said Anna.

"I know what I'm doing, I'm doing my best not to get hurt." Said Sakura.

"It's easier said than done but we'll always be here for you." Smiled Jurina.

Anna nodded, "We'll help you with your problems if you need it."

Sakura smiled slightly, "Thanks girls."

Anna and Jurina squeezed Sakura's hands before the three ladies had their breakfast.

After breakfast, Sakura took a shower and changed into a pale green shirt with white shorts. Sakura sat in her room for a few minutes before checking her phone. Shori had already texted Sakura his apartment number the night before. Sakura took a deep breath before heading up to Shori's apartment which was four storeys above hers. Sakura pressed the doorbell hesitantly and Shori's housemate Kikuchi Fuma opened the door.

"Ohayou Miyawaki-san! Sato-san mentioned that you would be coming today. Sato-san's already unpacking his things." Said Fuma.

Sakura nodded, "Arigato, Kikuchi-kun."

Fuma let Sakura into the house and showed Sakura to Shori's room. Sakura found Shori packing his clothes. Fuma left Shori and Sakura while he and Kento helped Shori hang up some of his photos in the living room.

Shori heard someone step into his room as well as Fuma'a voice. Shori turned around and found Sakura standing at the doorway of his room, while Fuma headed back to the living room. Shori smiled upon seeing Sakura. Shori mentally noted Sakura's shoulder length hair and her simple attire. Shori found Sakura to be naturally beautiful. Shori mentally smacked himself for thinking in such a way.

"She's your best friend, Shori! Unless Ryosuke-sempai is right, I may have feelings for Sakura."

"Thanks for coming by to help me, you didn't have to." Said Shori.

Sakura shrugged, "I didn't have anything to do anyway."

Shori stopped what he was doing and approached Sakura. Shori gave Sakura a hug which shocked her, mostly due to their close proximity. Sakura felt herself blushing as she hugged Shori back. The hug wasn't like a normal between friends but rather a hug which had the feeling of missing someone. It was like Shori missed Sakura and he wanted to hold her in his arms for a long time. Shori and Sakura shyly pulled away from each other after a while.

"Let's get back to unpacking shall we?" Spoke Sakura, trying to ease the tension between them.

Sakura helped Shori unpack his clothes, and they managed to lighten the mood between by talking about their childhood days. They had finished unpacking after an hour. Sakura and Shori were sitting on Shori's bed.

"Thanks for helping me move in today." Spoke Shori.

Sakura smiled, "I had fun today, I felt like we were kids again."

"Me too, it relived some old memories." Said Shori.

Shori and Sakura smiled at each other.

"You want to hang out tomorrow?" Asked Shori.

Sakura raised an eyebrow jokingly, "Are you asking me on a date?"

Shori chuckled, "Maybe."

Sakura fell quiet before nodding, "Why not? I like to spend some time with my best friend."

Shori chuckled, "I'll pick you up tomorrow morning."

"I'll be waiting." Giggled Sakura.

"I'll walk you back to your apartment." Said Shori.

"Maybe later, I think you have some more things to tell me about. Unless you want to talk about it privately, my apartment is empty. Anna and Jurina are visiting their families for the weekend." Said Sakura.

Shori blinked before chuckling, Sakura could still read him so well.

"Well, it would be nice to have some privacy." Admitted Shori.

Sakura nodded and brought Shori to her apartment after bidding Kento and Fuma farewell. Sakura made Shori and herself two some hot tea and they settled themselves in the living room.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Asked Sakura.

Shori bit his lower lip, "It's about nee-san."

"Amina nee-san?" Questioned Sakura.

Shori nodded, "Her husband was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago. No one knows except me. His condition is quite serious and he may not survive even with the cancer treatment. Their child is only a year old, I'm worried for them."

"Your parents aren't aware of this right?" Asked Sakura.

Shori nodded, "Nee-san asked me to keep it a secret as she doesn't want to worry them. Nee-san's husband comes from a wealthy family but I'm worried for her and we child."

"We can't change things like tumours, in these times we can only support them." Said Sakura.

"Nee-san is trying her best to find a doctor who is willing to remove the tumour. But they aren't having much luck." Said Shori.

"We can both speak with the fellow doctors and see if they are willing to take such a risk." Said Sakura.

Sakura gave Shori a comforting hug before Shori hugged her back. Sakura smiled slightly and they remained in that position for a while.