Fifth

Re-Start

Sakura headed back to her office, an eight year old boy called Koseki Yuta was waiting for her in her office. Koseki Yuta was born with a con disease but he received an operation a year ago and currently doesn't have any problems but he has to regularly come for check-ups. Sakura was his child development doctor, she helped him with his learning difficulties which was an unexpected side effect from the con disease.

Sakura found Yuta and his parents waiting in the clinic. The head nurse, Okada Nana, took Yuta's height and weight.

"You've grown a lot taller!" Smiled Nana.

Nana brought Yuta and his parents into Sakura's office. Sakura took a drink from her mug before opening Yuta's file.

"Yuta-kun, how are you in school?" Asked Sakura, with a smile.

Yuta beamed, "My classmates and teachers are really helpful and patient!"

Sakura nodded, "Did you have any problems making friends?"

Yuta shook his head, "But some of my schoolmates don't like me, because I can't play sports like them. And they get scolded by my teachers when they try to get me to play."

Sakura nodded, "Well, you aren't supposed to play any intense sports. Don't worry, your friends are still young. They don't understand why you can't play. But if they do anything to you, remember to tell your parents and teachers."

Yuta nodded, "I will!"

Sakura asked Yuta a few more questions before speaking to his parents.

"He's growing fine, but do give us a call if he encounters any problems, especially in school." Said Sakura.

Sakura showed Yuta and his family out before taking a deep breath. Sakura's office phone started ringing. Sakura picked up and and held the receiver by her ear as she drank her water.

"Hello?" Asked Sakura into the receiver.

"Sakura, do you want to have lunch with Haruka and I?" Asked Miyuki.

"Anna, Jurina and Ryoha will join us a little while later." Added Miyuki.

"Sure, I don't have any patients right now." Shrugged Sakura.

"Yeah, we'll meet you at the cafeteria." Said Miyuki.

"Sure." Said Sakura.

Sakura set the receiver down and washed her mug. Sakura grabbed her wallet and cellphone and went to meet Haruka and Miyuki. Mayu wasn't joining them as she was working the afternoon shift which meant that she just started work. Sakura took the lift down and found Haruka and Miyuki waiting at the table. Haruka and Miyuki have already bought their lunches. Sakura bought her lunch and joined them at the table. Miyuki and Haruka smiled at Sakura as she sat down.

"Aki-chan's blood test result will only be available on Wednesday." Said Miyuki.

"Anyway, I heard from my fellow oncologist, Iriyama Anna, that Aki-chan's bone marrow donor, Tanaka Natsumi, willingly gave up her bone marrow to Aki-chan. She knew that she was dying soon and she requested that her bone marrow be donated to Aki-chan after her death. She knew about Aki-chan after she heard a few of the nurses talking about it. Her family was against it though. Isn't she nice?" Spoke Haruka.

Sakura nodded, there were people who were organ donors but their families opposed to it. But they saved many other lives. Anna, Jurina and Ryoha came together and their ordered their lunches and sat with Haruka, Miyuki and Sakura.

"I saw Fujigaya-sempai and Kojima-san earlier, and it wasn't a nice sight." Admitted Ryoha.

Jurina winced, "I heard about that too."

"Well, be professional. We can't let something like this affect our professionalism." Said Anna.

The seven doctors had their lunch together, with Sakura choosing to stay quiet during most of the conversations.

Sakura returned to her office after lunch and sat inside. Sakura's next appointment was with a five year old girl, Okada Ayaka, who was born colourblind. But the colours she couldn't see weren't the usual ones that normal colourblind people couldn't see. She couldn't see colours like yellow, pink, green and purple.

Sakura poured herself a glass of warm water as she waited for her patient. Sakura heard a knock on the door and she walked back to her desk as Ayaka and her parents came into the room.
 


Meanwhile with Shori...

Shori had handed over his resignation letter to the principal and he took the rest of the day off so that he could check out his new apartment. Shori walked into the building lobby and entered the lift. Shori headed up to the ninth floor, and found his apartment number. Shori pressed the doorbell, the letter stated that his house keys would be given to him by his housemates. A young man who looked to be the same age as Shori opened the door.

"You must be Sato Shori-san! I'm Nakajima Kento, one of your housemates!" Said the man as he let Shori in.

"That's Kikuchi Fuma, he is your second housemate. The three of us are living in this apartment." Added Kento.

Fuma poured Shori some water and showed him to his room.

"That's your room." Said Fuma, pointing to the second room from the hallway to the living room.

"My room is opposite of yours and Kento's room is beside the kitchen." Added Fuma.

Shori inspected his new room. There was an empty closet and a bed complete with pillows and bedsheets. There was also a wall clock, study table, chair, beanbag, bedside table, table lamp, bookshelves, television and air-conditioner.

Fuma and Kento continued giving Shori a tour of their apartment.

"So which department will you be working for?" Asked Fuma.

"I'll be working at the children's A&E ward." Replied Shori.

"Fuma and I are the the A&E ward but we usually work the night shifts. So you probably wouldn't see us around at night." Said Kento.

"Where are you working right now?" Asked Fuma.

"Tokyo Elite High School, I'll be working there until next week. And I'll start work here in two weeks." Replied Shori.

"Do you know your superiors yet?" Asked Kento.

Shori shook his head and Fuma pulled out a book from underneath the coffee table.

"The head of the children's A&E ward is Yamaguchi Kenki-sempai and the head of the A&E ward is Akimoto Sayaka-sempai. Other senior doctors from the children's A&E ward include Kasai Tomomi-sempai, Takaki Yuya-sempai, Umeda Ayaka-sempai and Mitsuya Ryo-sempai. For the A&E ward the senior doctors include, Minegishi Minami-sempai, Takajo Aki-sempai, Hongo Kanata-sempai and Matsumoto Jun-sempai." Explained Fuma, while pointing to the pictures of the respective doctors.

"I should get going." Spoke Shori, glancing at the clock.

Kento held out Shori's set of house keys, "Do you want to keep it? You can pick it up on the day you move in. Our superiors gave us a day off, so that we could help you settle in."

Shori nodded, "I think I'll take them when I move in."

Shori shook hands with Fuma and Kento.

"It will be nice having you here with us." Said Fuma.

Shori exchanged numbers with Fuma and Kento. Shori bid his new housemates farewell before going on his way home. Shori began to pack his things and he made a mental note to start packing the things in his office as well.
 


Meanwhile back with Sakura...

Sakura was already done for the day, Sakura exited her office and went back to her apartment. Sakura got herself some milk and got started on dinner. Jurina came home early as well and helped Sakura prepare dinner.

"Anna's going to be late tonight, one of her patients is currently having an operation right now." Said Jurina.

"I'll leave some dinner for her." Nodded Sakura.

Sakura and Jurina had cooked up some pasta, they scooped a portion into a bowl for Anna before getting their own portions.

"You have the day off tomorrow right?" Asked Jurina.

Sakura nodded, "Shori and I are going to visit our old middle school."

"Be careful, since you guys are kind of awkward with each other right now." Said Jurina.

Sakura nodded, "Thanks."

Jurina and Sakura chatted about their colleagues as they ate their dinner. Anna joined them halfway through their conversation.

"How was the operation?" Asked Jurina.

"Just fine, Nakamura-san is recovering." Replied Anna.

"What time are you leaving tomorrow? Asked Jurina.

"Probably nine." Replied Sakura.

"We'll prepare breakfast for you tomorrow, will you be back for dinner too?" Asked Anna.

Sakura nodded, "Most probably."

Anna and Jurina patted Sakura's back soothingly. Sakura smiled at her two friends as she picked up her glass of water.
 


The next day...

Sakura got out of bed and got herself ready for the day. Sakura got dressed in a simple light blue shirt with jeans. Shori would pick Sakura up from her apartment building and they would take Shori's car to their old middle school. Sakura ate her breakfast which was prepared by Anna. Sakura spotted Shori's blue Honda drive into the driveway. Sakura.

"Thanks for picking me up." Said Sakura, as she sat in the front seat of Shori's car.

Shori grinned, "It's no bother, and besides I need to know my way here, it will be easier for me the next time round."

"When are you moving here?" Asked Sakura.

"This week is my last week working at our old high school. I'll move into the hostel and start work next week. I met my housemates yesterday." Replied Shori.

"Who are your housemates?" Asked Sakura.

"Nakajima Kento and Kikuchi Fuma." Replied Shori.

"I know them, they usually work the night shifts in the A&E ward. I see them sometimes when I have to stay late to check on my patients. They are really nice people." Nodded Sakura.

"Yeah, I think working there will be a brand new experience for me." Said Shori.

Shori parked his car inside their old middle school. Sakura and Shori alighted from the latter's car. Sakura looked around the campus as they stepped into the school.

"It hasn't changed much, well the school has been upgraded but overall the school hasn't changed much." Said Sakura.

Shori nodded, "Yeah, it's been more than ten years since we've been here. I wonder if any of our teachers are still here."

Sakura smiled, "Who knows? We might even bump into one of our old schoolmates."

Sakura and Shori headed to the principal's office. The principal had changed but the vice-principal was still the same. The principal was a man in his late forties while the vice-principal was a woman in her late fifties. Sakura and Shori took a seat in the principal's office.

"Sakura-chan! Shori-kun! It's nice to see you again." Smiled the vice principal, Shinoda Mariko.

"Konichiwa sensei. Miyawaki Sakura desu." Smiled Sakura, giving a bow.

"Konichiwa sensei. Sato Shori desu." Bowed Shori.

"Shinoda-sensei has told me a lot about you two. The two of you are one of our top graduates." Spoke the principal, Kimura Takuya.

"How are the students after that accident?" Asked Sakura.

"They were obviously terrified but most of them are alright now. A few of them are still suffering from the aftershock." Replied the principal.

Sakura and Shori nodded.

"Is it alright if we visit them?" Asked Shori.

"They will be having their lunch break in an hour, why don't you visit them then? Meanwhile, you two can walk around the school." Said the vice-principal.

Sakura and Shori thanked the principal and vice-principal for their kindness before leaving the office. The two walked through the hallways passing by the classrooms, letting their nostalgic memories resurface.


Flashback

Fourteen-year-old Miyawaki Sakura walked through the hallways with a bunch of files, as she was a member of the student council. Sakura stopped by each classroom along the hallway, distributing the files to every classroom. Sakura stepped into her own classroom and placed a file on the teacher's table. Sakura took her seat beside at the middle of the classroom beside her best friend, Sato Shori, who was also a member of the student council.

Sakura took out her homework and handed it to her class representative. Sakura started doing her pre-lesson study. Shori glanced at his best friend before shaking his head.

During lunch...

Shori dragged Sakura to eat with their fellow student council members. Their fellow student council members included, Nishino Miki, Nagae Ryoki, Shiramata Atsushi and Kawashima Umika.

"How are the plans for the festival going?" Asked Umika.

"Most of the plans have been approved, all that remains are the teachers' plans." Replied Sakura.

"We have to wear a yukata right?" Asked Miki.

"We students need to wear our uniforms, the guests can wear yukatas." Replied Shori.

"It will be rather uncomfortable working in a yukata." Nodded Atsushi.

In the back of her mind, Sakura was thinking about last year's festival, where Shori had asked her to walk around the festival together. Sakura wondered if she would be able to walk around the festival with Shori again this year.

End of Flashback

 


"Things haven't changed much." Spoke Shori.

Sakura nodded, the lockers along the hallways were still there but they were new lockers. The teachers’ lounge was still at the same place when they were still students. The whole school had been refurbished but the memories still remained.

"Our old classroom this this way right?" Asked Shori, pointing to the hallway as they took the stairs up to the second level.

Sakura nodded, "I think it was the second classroom from the stairs."

Sakura and Shori walked past their former classroom. Sakura and Shori shared a look when they spotted the teacher who was teaching English. The teacher happened to spot them and he grinned at them much to the confusion of his students. The school bell rang a few seconds later and the teacher motioned for them to come inside.

"Ah! You're that doctor who took care of me in the hospital a few days ago!" Spoke a girl, pointing to Sakura.

Sakura recognised the girl as Nishino Nanase. Sakura smiled at the girl.

"Shiramata-sensei, do you know them?" Asked another student.

The teacher, Shiramata-sensei, grinned. "I was classmates with them and they are two of our school's best alumni. That's Sato Shori and that's Miyawaki Sakura. Both of them are doctors."

"You are free to go for lunch, you can stay and talk to them if you like." Added Shiramata-sensei.

A few of the students left the class but most of them remained in the class. Those remaining ate their lunches while chatting with one another.

"Sakura. Shori. How have you been these years?" Asked Shiramata-sensei.

Shori smiled, "Atsushi, you haven't changed one bit."

"I never knew that you were teaching here." Spoke Sakura.

"I teach here and so do Umika, Ryoki and Miki-chan. Miki-chan's niece attends this school. Miki-chan is currently a nurse here while Ryoki currently teaches music here." Replied Atsushi.

"Nishino Nanase is Miki's niece?" Asked Sakura.

Atsushi nodded, "Yeah, she mentioned about a nice doctor who treated her a few days ago. I didn't think that she was referring to you."

Atsushi, Shori and Sakura left the classroom. Atsushi brought them to the teachers’ lounge where they were reunited with Umika, Ryoki and their former teachers.

"I just texted Miki-chan, she is on her way here." Spoke Atsushi.

Umika hugged Sakura, "I missed you!"

Shori shook hands with Ryoki, "It's been a really long time."

"How are you guys lately?" Asked Umika.

"Sakura and I are colleagues at the same hospital." Said Shori.

"It's been a really long time. We should have lunch together someday." Said Miki.

"Yeah, when all of us are not so busy." Nodded Shori.

"How are the students after the accident?" Asked Sakura.

"Most of them are fine but a couple of them are still traumatised by it." Replied Atsushi.

"It's natural." Nodded Shori.

Sakura and Shori spoke with the other teachers before leaving the school. Shori drove Sakura back to her apartment before going home. Shori's things had been mostly packed with help from his parents. All that was left was for Shori to pack his things at his desk at school.

Shori picked up a photo frame on his computer table. It was a photo of Sakura and himself. The photo was taken during the middle school graduation and they were posing with their certificates. Sakura had long waist length hair back then but other than that she looked the same as she did now. Shori smiled as he remembered the memory, but at the same time he felt his heart beating a little faster and louder than usual.

Shori shook his head and thought in his mind, "Why is Sakura popping into my head all of a sudden?"

Shori took a shower but his mind was always on Sakura. Shori groaned as he flopped onto his bed. Shori glanced at his phone which was on his bedside table. Shori sat up and grabbed his phone and made a call.

"Sempai, can I talk to you?" Asked Shori.

"Of course, you can come by later." Replied the voice on the other end.

"I'll come by later." Nodded Shori.

Shori ended the call before placing his phone back on his bedside table. Shori headed downstairs to have dinner. Shori sat with his parents but his mind was always on Sakura.

"How was your visit this afternoon?" Asked Shori's father.

"Things haven't changed much even though the school has been refurbished. We also met a few of our old schoolmates, they currently work at the school." Replied Shori.

"That's nice." Nodded Shori's father.

"How's Sakura-chan?" Asked Shori's mother.

Shori blinked, "She's fine, but she's pretty busy lately because one of her patients is going to have an operation soon."

Shori's mother nodded, "That's good to hear, I forgot to ask about her last week when we had dinner together."

Shori helped his mother wash the dishes while his parents went on a date. Shori didn't mind as he had plans of his own for the night. Shori finished washing the dishes and hr grabbed his car keys. Shori drove his car to a house down the street, Shori would have walked if it weren't for the fact that it was current dark out and Shori had a feeling that he would spend quite a while out. Shori parked his car outside a white and blue house. Shori pressed the doorbell and the door was opened by a black haired woman.

"Konbawa, Shori-kun! Ryo-chan has been expecting you." Smiled the lady.

"Konbawa, Maeda-sempai." Nodded Shori.

The lady laughed, "Ami-chan will do just fine! Come on in."

"Shori, you're here." Smiled a man with brown hair.

Ami smiled, "I'll leave the two of you alone."

Ami headed to the stairs but not before the man gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"Shori, have a seat." Said the man.

The man got out two glasses and poured Shori some tea.

"Arigato Yamada-sempai." Said Shori.

"How many times have I told you I call me Ryosuke. We aren't in school anymore Shori." Said the man, now identified as Ryosuke.

Yamada Ryosuke was Shori and Sakura's sempai from the same high school but Ryosuke was a year older than them. Ryosuke was currently married to another one of their sempais, Maeda Ami.

"Is anything wrong?" Asked Ryosuke.

Shori bit his lower lip, "It's about Sakura."

Ryosuke raised an eyebrow, "Miyawaki Sakura-chan?"

Shori nodded, "She keeps popping into my head."

Ryosuke gave a small smile, "I think you miss her, you guys did fall out of contact for a pretty long time. Perhaps you have some feelings for her which you didn't know about."

"She's my best friend." Spoke Shori.

Ryosuke shook his head, "It may be cliché but there are many instances where best friends do fall in love with each other. And besides you guys are working adults now, you guys don't hang out together as much as before."

"And I think you have feelings for Sakura-chan." Added Ryosuke.

Shori sipped his tea, he hadn't really thought about his feelings for Sakura.

"Shori, give yourself some time to think about your feelings. You will be working at the same hospital as Sakura-chan soon. Give yourself some time to think about your feelings before you start work." Said Ryosuke.

Shori remained quiet and so did Ryosuke. Shori thought about it and his mind was always on Sakura.

"Ryosuke-sempai, thanks for the advice." Spoke Shori, breaking the silence.

Ryosuke smiled, "I'm always here to listen."

Shori smiled and gave Ryosuke a brotherly hug.

"You have work tomorrow, go home and sleep early." Said Ryosuke.

Ryosuke showed Shori out and the former watched as the latter's car drove away. Ryosuke shook his head and washed the used cups before going to his shared bedroom with his wife.

"What did Shori-kun want to talk to you about?" Asked Ami, as Ryosuke sat beside her.

"Sakura-chan. He has feelings for her but he just doesn't recognise it." Replied Ryosuke.

Ami laughed, "I knew that there was something going on between the two of them. Even though it took more than ten years for Shori-kun to realise that."

"I'm glad that it didn't take us that long to realise that we loved each other." Smiled Ryosuke.

Ryosuke gently kissed his wife on the lips before tucking her into bed.
 


Meanwhile with Shori...

Shori parked his car at the driveway of his house. His parents weren't home yet, Shori went to take a quick shower before going to sleep. But his mind was always on Sakura.
 


The next morning...

Shori woke up and got ready for work. Shori picked up a few cardboard boxes before placing them in his car. Shori made himself a sandwich before driving to work. Shori brought the boxes to his office and started packing his things.


Meanwhile with Sakura...

Sakura was already up and she was eating the pancakes that Anna had made. Sakura waited for Jurina and Anna before they went to work together.

Sakura entered the office and put on her doctor's coat. Sakura made herself a mug of coffee before her first appointment at 9am. Sakura sat in her office reading the file of Nakayama Aki, who was having her operation next Monday. Miyuki had sent Aki's blood test result over yesterday afternoon. Sakura washed her mug and picked up Aki's file before going to visit Aki. Sakura knocked on the door before entering Aki's room. Aki's mother was with her daughter.

"Aki-chan's blood test is fine, she can probably be released a few days after her operation." Said Sakura.

Aki's mother smiled at her daughter, "That's wonderful news! You want to go back to school don't you?"

Aki nodded happily, "I miss my friends."

Sakura smiled at Aki, "Wait until next week, after that you will only have to come back for check-ups once a month."

Sakura spoke with Aki and her mother for a while before going back to her office. Sakura returned Aki's file to Okada Nana, the head nurse at the child development centre.

"Sakura-chan, Oshima-sempai is asking for you. She asked you to meet her in her office." Said Nana, as Sakura handed Aki's file to her.

Sakura was confused but nodded. Sakura headed to Oshima Yuko's office which was just above hers. Yuko was the doctor who was going to conduct Aki's operation, and Miyuki's senior in the same department. Sakura found the office of Oshima Yuko, she knocked on the door before entering the office.

"Miyawaki-san, take a seat." Spoke Yuko.

"Don't be nervous, I just wanted to talk to you." Grinned Yuko.

"What's going on?" Asked Sakura, utterly confused.

"Miyawaki-san, I'm sure that you've heard about Fujigaya Taisuke-san and Kojima Haruna-san right?" Asked Yuko.

Sakura nodded, "Kojima-san is new isn't she? I know that she is Mako-chan's older sister."

Yuko nodded, "We were friends since our high school days. And I'm also sure that you've also heard rumours that they are supposedly engaged right?"

Sakura nodded and waited for Yuko continue talking.

"Haruna-chan came to me earlier and asked me to be with Fujigaya-san. Apparently they don't love each other but were engaged by their parents." Said Yuko.

"Oshima-sempai, you have feelings for Fujigaya-sempai don't you?" Asked Sakura.

Yuko gave a small but sad smile, "I'm pretty easy to read aren't i? But I don't want to come between them, even if they don't love each other. They have been engaged for so long and they both come from prestigious families while I'm just a plain commoner."

"True love definitely find a way." Said Sakura firmly.

Sakura's thoughts flew back to Shori. Will her feelings ever reach Shori?

Yuko smiled, "Arigato, Sakura-chan. I just needed someone to talk to about this. I apologise that I took up some of your time."

Sakura shook her head, "I'm always happy to listen, Oshima-sempai."

Yuko grinned, "I've always wondered why you didn't choose to become a psychologist instead. You really know how to listen and understand people."

Sakura smiled slightly, "I like working with children and as a child development doctor I'm their psychologist in a few ways."

Yuko smiled, "Hand me your phone, I'll give you my number so that we can talk next time."

Sakura nodded and handed her phone to Yuko. Yuko handed her phone to Sakura and the two exchanged numbers.

"I have to go sempai, I have a patient to visit in a while." Said Sakura.

"Thanks for listening." Smiled Yuko.

Yuko showed Sakura out and the later walked back to her office. Sakura found a bento box on her office table and she figured that either Haruka or Ryoha must have stopped by to deliver her lunch. Sakura always had her lunch in her office every Wednesday, as she was usually the busiest on Wednesdays. Sakura picked up her lunch and ate it as she thought about her conversation with Yuko.

"Oshima-sempai really loves Fujigaya-sempai. I think Fujigaya-sempais knows it too but he's holding himself back because of his engagement to Kojima-sempai even though they don't love each other." Thought Sakura.

Sakura set down her bento box and sat in her chair. Sakura didn't feel hungry anymore all of a sudden. Sakura closed her eyes and was soon swept into dreamland. And Sakura's next appointment wasn't until 1.30pm anyway and it was still 12.49pm according to the wall clock.

Okada Nana came to wake Sakura up at 1.15pm. Sakura blinked and rubbed her eyes. Sakura drank some water before picking up the file of her next patient, a four year old girl Nakajima Megumi. Megumi was born with learning difficulties which made studying in a normal mainstream school for her difficult.
 


Meanwhile with Anna...

Anna was in her office with her fellow doctors, Yamada Nana and Matsui Rena. They were discussing about one of Rena's patients, Umemoto Madoka, a twenty year old lady who suffered a cardiac arrest a few days ago and she had to have an emergency operation. Her condition was not stable yet.

"How is she?" Asked Anna.

"She hasn't woken up yet, it could be dangerous if she doesn't wake up in a few more days." Replied Rena.

"It's up to her to wake up by herself but we have to try to wake her up somehow." Said Nana.

"We just have to hope for the best for her." Said Anna.

"We'll keep a close watch on her for now." Nodded Nana.

"I have to go, I have to check up on her." Spoke Rena.

"Keep us updated." Said Anna.

Rena nodded and left the room. Nana let out a sigh.

"Yuma is probably waiting for me, I promised him that I would visit a patient of his. He wants my opinion." Sighed Nana.

Anna nodded, she knew Nana's younger brother, Nakayama Yuma, who was a doctor at the eye centre. Nana too left Anna's office. Anna relaxed in her chair. Anna sipped her water as she sat in her chair thinking about Shori and Sakura. Anna heard her office phone ringing.

Anna picked it up and held the receiver close to her ear. "Hello?"

"Anna, it's me. Do you want to meet for lunch?" Asked Haruka.

"Sure, I don't have any patients right now." Nodded Anna.

"I'll meet you at the cafeteria." Said Haruka.

"Sure." Said Anna.

Anna got her cellphone and wallet before taking the lift to the cafeteria. Anna found Haruka sitting at the window seat with her lunch untouched. Anna bought her lunch and sat with Haruka.

"Haruka, what's on your mind?" Asked Anna, waving a hand in front of Haruka.

Haruka blinked, "I was just thinking about Fujigaya-sempai, Oshima-sempai and Kojima-sempai. Their relationship is kind of complicated."

Anna nodded, Anna had a feeling that her senior Oshima Yuko had feelings for Fujigaya Taisuke from the neurology department. But he was engaged to Kojima Haruna, a doctor who recently transferred to their hospital's skin care centre. But Haruna and Taisuke didn't love each other, and unfortunately they couldn't break off their engagement even though they were already adults. Anna felt sorry for Yuko, as she had to suffer such pain. Anna was very blessed and happy to be with Yuri.

"I met one of our old schoolmates today." Spoke Haruka.

"Who?" Asked Anna.

"Kato Rena-san, she is currently a pharmacist at a clinic in town. She brought her sister here for a check-up today."

Anna nodded, she remembered her old schoolmate from university. Kato Rena was one of the rich and popular girls in the university but at the same time she was kind of arrogant. But Rena took pride in her grades, she was always one of the top students. Haruka was friends with Rena having been in the same class for one of their shared modules.

"And she's married now. I managed to speak with her for a while." Said Haruka.

"She's never been in a relationship during our university day right?" Asked Anna.

Haruka nodded, "It was an arranged marriage. She's currently married to Shison Jun-san, he's a family doctor. They have a clinic together."

Anna nodded, "So many things have happened and changed over the years."

Haruka nodded, "I just hope Sakura will be alright."

Anna stopped eating lunch and nodded. "But we can't do anything else except support her."

Haruka nodded and continued eating her lunch. Haruka sighed as she saw Ryoha walk past them with a bunch of files. Ryoha nodded at them as a greeting before walking past them, Anna and Haruka nodded back in response.

"I've been thinking of going on a break." Confessed Haruka.

"You deserve it, you almost never take a break especially after you joined the hospital." Said Anna.

"I don't know." Spoke Haruka.

"You should have a break, you could take a few days off and visit your parents in Saitama." Said Anna.

"Maybe, but what about my patients? And not to mention that we have a couple of problems on our hands right now." Said Haruka.

"I'm sure that your patients will understand, you do need your own private life after all. As for the other problems, we'll find a way to resolve them." Said Anna.

"I'll think about it." Sighed Haruka.

Anna and Haruka chatted as they had their lunch but both of them couldn't help but feel like something was going to happen later.

"Something feels weird." Murmured Haruka.

"Yeah, we better keep our eyes out." Nodded Anna, in agreement.

Haruka and Anna headed back to their respective offices. Haruka sighed as she took a seat in her office. Haruka pulled out her phone and a photo of Anna, Jurina, Ryoha, Mayu, Miyuki, Sakura and herself was set as the wallpaper.

"Something is going to happen to one of us later." Thought Haruka.

Haruka sighed as put away her phone and opened one of her patient's files.
 


Meanwhile with Sakura...

Sakura was with one of her patients, a five year old girl named Ikuta Erika, who had learning difficulties. Sakura had asked Erika to read a passage for her and Erika was able to do it except that she was a little slower than kids with no learning difficulties.

"You are going good Erika-chan!" Smiled Sakura.

Sakura gave Erika a strawberry flavoured lollipop, and the latter ate it happily.

"How are her grades?" Asked Sakura.

"The extra time was just what she needed. She was able to pass all of her exams but there were a few questions that she couldn't finish." Replied Erika's father.

"It's normal, Erika-chan has to learn how to write faster so that she can finish the whole exam paper." Replied Sakura.

"Thank you so much doctor!" Said Erika's mother.

Sakura smiled as she led Erika and her family out of the door. Sakura wrote something in Erika's file before handing it the head nurse, Okada Nana. Sakura glanced at the clock and decided to go for her late lunch. Sakura bought herself a bento set before going back to her office. But Sakura couldn't help but feel like something was going to happen later.

"Something feels weird today." Murmured Sakura to herself.

Sakura ate her lunch in her office as a certain memory played in her mind.


Flashback

Sixteen-year-old Miyawaki Sakura and Seventeen-year-old Sato Shori sat in the backyard of the Sato residence. That particular day was Shori's seventeenth birthday and his family had thrown him a party and all of his friends and family members were invited. Naturally, that included Sakura as well. Sakura was the last one to give Shori his birthday present as she wanted it to be extra special. Sakura handed Shori a navy blue box wrapped in silver ribbon. Shori opened it curiously before he broke into a smile.

"Did you make this just for me? Thanks a lot! I'll treasure it forever!" Smiled Shori.

Sakura had given Shori a hand-knitted scarf which she knitted by herself. Sakura took more than a month to finish Shori's present but she didn't mind. Shori gave Sakura a hug which she returned. Sakura felt her heart beating faster and louder than usual but she knew that it was because of her feelings for Shori.

End of Flashback


"I wonder if Shori-kun still kept that scarf with him." Thought Sakura in her mind.

Sakura's thoughts were interrupted by her office phone ringing. Sakura picked it up and nodded a couple of times as she listened to the other party. Sakura set down the receiver after a few minutes and quickly finished her lunch. Sakura threw the packing into the bin before grabbing her phone and leaving her office. Sakura headed to Ryoha's office who had called her earlier.

"Ryoha, what's up?" Asked Sakura, as she took a seat in Ryoha's office.

"It's about one of my patients, Kikuchi Ayaka. She was born with partial blindness which causes her colourblindness. She asked me if her currently unborn child has the same condition. She is currently six months pregnant and I don't know what to tell her. She is currently warded here for a few days." Explained Ryoha.

"There is a fifty percent chance that her child would be colourblind. But wouldn't it be more suitable to ask a gynaecologist about this?" Replied Sakura.

Ryoha grew uneasy, "It's not that I don't want to but you know that I'm not on very good terms with Mukaichi Mion-san."

"She isn't the only gynaecologist in the hospital though." Spoke Sakura.

"I know but somehow something bad will happen if we interact with each other." Sighed Ryoha.

Mukaichi Mion is a gynaecologist at the hospital's children and care department. She and Ryoha could never get along with each other during Ryoha's high school days and they were schoolmates during their third year in university. They both dated the same guy back in high school, Uchiyama Haruki. Ryoha was close friends with Haruki and he dated Mion for eight months before realising that he liked Ryoha. Mion and Haruki broke up and Ryoha started dating Haruki a few months later. Mion was mad and held a grudge against Ryoha, Ryoha tried her best to get along with Mion but Mion wouldn't respond to Ryoha's friendship. Ryoha and Haruki dated until their graduation from high school. After that Haruki and Ryoha went their separate ways in university and Ryoha went abroad to study. Ryoha was currently single and so was Mion. Ryoha still kept in contact with Haruki and he currently worked as a pharmacist at the same hospital but Ryoha rarely saw him as Haruki worked the night shifts.

"Is this about Uchiyama-kun again?" Asked Sakura.

Ryoha shrugged, "Maybe, I mean I don't see him often these days."

"Give yourself some time to think things through. You should talk to Uchiyama-kun some time." Spoke Sakura.

"Way to give advice to your friends when you can't even follow that advice yourself, Sakura." Thought Sakura, at the back of her mind.

Ryoha sighed, "I'll try, sorry to bother you about this during office hours."

Sakura gave a smile, "It's nothing, and we’re sisters aren't we?"

Ryoha nodded before smiling, Ryoha showed Sakura out and Sakura headed back to her office. Sakura asked the nurses if she had any more patients for the day and they shook their heads. Sakura was done for the day and she decided to go back to her apartment. Sakura packed up their things and headed back to her apartment. Sakura picked up a jasmine tea before going up to her apartment. Sakura took a shower and changed into white shirt with jean shorts.

Sakura on the sofa listening to classical music as she drank her tea. Sakura hummed along to the music as she heard the door open. Sakura saw Jurina standing at the door, removing her shoes.

"You're early today." Said Sakura.

"I didn't have any more patients today and I have a date tonight." Replied Jurina.

Sakura laughed, "Have fun with Shintaro-kun."

"Thanks." Said Jurina.

Jurina went to her room and prepared to shower. Sakura helped Jurina pick out an outfit for her date. They eventually settled for a white ribbon top and a navy blue pleated skirt-pants with black ballet flats. Sakura combed Jurina's hair and pinned it to the back neatly. Both Sakura and Jurina heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll get that, wear your shoes first." Said Sakura.

Sakura opened the door and found Morimoto Shintaro outside.

"Konnichiwa Morimoto-kun." Smiled Sakura.

"Konnichiwa Miyawaki-san." Replied Shintaro.

Jurina came out of her room and the couple bid Sakura goodbye before leaving for their date. Sakura closed the door and went back to her seat on the sofa. Sakura decided to get started on dinner. Sakura texted Miyuki, Haruka, Mayu and Ryoha to come over for dinner. Sakura headed to the kitchen and checked what they had in the fridge. They just did a supermarket run yesterday. Sakura decided to prepare a Korean barbecue dinner. Sakura prepared the chicken, beef and vegetables before cooking some rice. Sakura kept the meat and vegetables refrigerated while she set up the grill and boiled the soup. Sakura left the soup to cool while she waited for the others. Mayu and Miyuki arrived first followed by Anna and Haruka. But Ryoha was late.

"Ryoha's late, I wonder if something happened to her?" Spoke Mayu.

Anna picked up the house phone and was about to call Ryoha when the doorbell rang. Sakura opened it and found Ryoha outside, looking rather worried and flustered. Sakura let Ryoha in and led her to the sofa after seeing her worried face.

"Ryoha is something wrong?" Asked Miyuki.

Ryoha didn't reply and there was silence until Ryoha broke it, "I don't know."

"What happened to you?" Asked Anna.

"I met Haruki-kun when I left my office. And he asked me out." Spoke Ryoha.

Mayu nodded, "Mukaichi Mion-san is sure to make a fuss when she hears of this and not to mention that Uchiyama-kun is your ex."

Ryoha nodded, "We're both grown-ups now but I don't want to know what will happen with Mukaichi-san finds out."

"Did you accept his offer though?" Asked Sakura.

Ryoha shook her head, "Not yet, he said that he would give me some time to consider it."

"I think that you should give it a try, maybe he wants to get back together with you." Said Haruka.

"You never know if you don't try." Said Miyuki.

"But for now, let's eat! I prepared a lot of food for us to share." Said Sakura.

"Yeah, give yourself some time to think about it." Said Anna.

The five ladies brought Ryoha to the dining table and the six had their dinner together.

After dinner, the girls helped Anna and Sakura clean up before going back to their respective apartments. Sakura and Anna retreated to their own rooms for the night. Sakura saw her phone screen flashing and she picked it up. Sakura found a message from Shori.


Shori's message:

I'll be moving into your apartment block this weekend, I hope to work with you soon, Sakura-chan!


Sakura smiled slightly before typing her reply. Sakura placed her phone on her bedside table before going to take a shower. Sakura dried her hair and fell asleep immediately after her head touched her pillow.