Daycare, Omoni, Clocks, and Babies?!

Mama of Exo

Chapter Eight: Daycare, Omoni, Clocks, and Babies?!

 

            Julie continued down then halls, noticing the kingkas and queenkas were still following her. She knew, duh; they weren’t whispering very quietly -_-. Anyway, she walked them to the day care, feeling Xiumin and Kris play with the ends of her hair as Luhan skipped next to her, his hand squeezing hers. When she got to the day care, she opened the door and walked right in, already seeing some the teacher’s and other parents’ kids. She let Luhan go, put Kris and Xiumin, and watched them run and play with different toys. She looked around, spotting Jillian, her American – Korean friend.

            “Jillian!”

            Jillian turned around, looking at Julie directly. She broke out into a big grin, quickly running to her with happiness all over her face. “Julie!” She squealed, wrapping Julie in a big bear hug since she was at least a head taller than her. “What’re you doing here?” She asked her when she pulled her an arm’s length away with a confused look over her face.

            “I have some kids for you to watch today,” Julie answered. She looked at her with a shocked expression before letting Julie go and looking down her body.

            “You were not pregnant, right? I mean, you would’ve told me, ne?” She asked Julie. Julie was quiet for a second before laughing really loud. She frowned at her. “Don’t laugh! This is serious! You’re only twenty! You cannot get preggo at this age!”

            “No, no, I wasn’t pregnant! I can’t even get a man! Why would I have that with a random stranger?!” She giggled out before putting her hands on Jillian’s shoulders, looking at her seriously. “My grandma died and I got her house, only to find out she signed a document saying that the new owner of the house (me) would take care of twelve kids for an orphanage. I haven’t gotten all the kids yet, just three. I don’t have anywhere to keep them for the day, so I decided to put them here. But I have thirty minutes after every class and a forty-five minute lunch, so I will be coming back and all. I just need you to take care of them, and maybe teach them Hangeul or read to them or play with them. I’ll be back, later, okay? Here’s their bag, it has regular baby things. Luhan eats the baby food, Xiumin eats the food in the blue lidded container, and Kris eats the food in the red. I didn’t pack any milk, sorry. I have toys and food and diapers and toys for them in it.” She finished, smiling. Jill nodded.

            “Who are they?” Jill asked. Julie looked around the room, seeing them playing with a couple other kids, looking really comfortable.

            “Luhannie, Min-Min, Kris~!” She called. They froze and looked at her, smiling wide before running to her.

            “Ne, Umma?” Luhan asked, smiling. Jill squealed, picking Luhan up.

            “Aww!” She shrieked before squishing her face with his. “He’s so cute! All three of them are! Oh, my goodness! You’re going to have hot foster kids when their as old as us! What are their names?” Julie giggled at her happy face, along with Xiumin and Kris.

            “You’re holding Luhan, only I call him Luhannie, so don’t call him that,” she said seriously. Jill put him down and saluted. “This is Kris, and this one is Xiumin, again only I can call him Min-Min.”

            “How come Kris doesn’t have a nickname?” Jill asked.

            “I haven’t got around to giving him one,” Julie answered truthfully. “He came last night, so I haven’t really thought about any nicknames yet. Anyway, I have to get to class. Oh! And the kingkas and queenkas followed me here. Make sure their followers don’t touch my babies, okay? You know how to handle people like them better than me. If they try to take them, hide them somewhere safe.” Jill nodded, now serious.

            “Will do, and, oh, yeah! I have your backpack,” Jill said, running to a cupboard a bit away. Julie took this as an opportunity to tell them. She crouched down and looked at them.

            “Hey, babies,” she said gently. “Umma has to go somewhere for a little bit, but I will be back a lot today, okay? Will you be good to Jill noona for Umma?” Xiumin nodded, along with Kris, but Luhan looked really sad. He shook his head, muttering ‘Ani’ over and over. You brushed the hair out of his face, smiling before getting an idea. “Luhannie, Umma will be back! Don’t worry…look -,” Julie pointed to a colorful clock on the wall. The three looked at it. “You know your numbers, ne? And your colors?” They nodded. “When the small blue line is on the nine and the big red line is on the six, Umma will be running here, right back to you. You won’t even know I am gone, sweetie. And I will be back, always know that. No matter what, Umma will always come back, okay?” They nodded, hugging Julie all at once. They pulled away from her. When she was about to leave, her backpack near the door since Jill didn’t want to interrupt a touching moment, when Luhan stopped her.

            “Omoni,” Luhan said, pulling on Julie’s shorts with Kris and Xiumin behind him. She turned back to him, smiling wide. “Kiss.” He puckered his lips, making her smile big. She kissed him again, making him blush and the others jealous. They immediately went to you, yelling they wanted a kiss, too. You kissed Xiumin and then Kris, when Kris said something to you that made you almost want to cry.

            “Omoni,” he began. “Omoni come back, right?” He asked it so innocently with his big eyes that you couldn’t resist hugging him once more before looking him in the eyes.

            “Always.” And with that, you kissed forehead and he ran back to his new friends and brothers. You left, your backpack on your shoulder, waving back at Jill who had your babies’ bag, looking through it to see what she needed. You closed the door and turned, jumping in fright from the faces in front of you, staring at you with annoyed expressions. “Yah! Don’t sneak up on me! I almost died of a heart attack!” You put your hand over your heart, moving through them, saying “Excuse me” very politely. When you were two steps away from them, one of them pulled you back. You saw it was Jessica from Girls Generation (or SNSD).

            The girls were really nice to you, and so were the boys. The only reason you disliked them all was because the attention you received and the nasty rumors and beatings you get from the obsessed boys and girls of the school.

            “We heard about the kids,” Jessica began, Tiffany interrupting her.

            “And saw them,” she said. Jessica gave her an annoyed look.

            “Yes, and saw them.” It was silent for a while.

            “Okay, enough with the annoying silence,” you said, sighing before giving them a blank face. “Whadaya want?” They looked at each other before giving into you.

            “Where’d you get them?” Baro asked, slightly jumping in happiness.

            “Why?” You asked them with a suspicious tone.

            “We all want one,” one or two people answered at the same time. You sighed before grabbing a piece of paper and a pen, writing something down before folding it and putting the address on the front.

            “Well, all of you go in together. Ask for a man named Mr. Lee Soo Man, and give him this. The address is on the front, and make sure you get the one you really want,” you told them, watching as they nodded to you excitedly. “Ask a whole bunch of questions about the kid and ask to see their file. When you are totally sure you want the child, then…well, Mr. Lee will tell you what’s next. Oh, and don’t tell anyone I was with you.” You finished and walked away, your hands in your pockets.

            “Why can’t we tell anyone?!” One yelled to you. You turned around, walking backwards.

            “‘Cause last time someone knew I was with you, I was almost dead! Literally!” You then walked to your class, laughing at the gasps and ‘what’s from them.

            When you were finished with your first class, you went back to see the boys. You did that all the time, going back when your classes were finished. At lunch, you fed them yourself, laughing as they told you about their day. You understood their words to some extent, now understanding baby talk. You laughed and smiled when they told you something you found amusing, and when it was time, you left, saying your pep talk from the morning all over again. When classes were all done, you picked up your kids, their artworks in the bag. You carried them out of the school, the students still staring and whispering about you, but you didn’t care. You were happy the way the day turned out, but was still excited to get home. You didn’t see the kingkas or the queenkas, so you assumed they went straight to the orphanage.

            You drove home, singing along with the boys in the back. When you back to the house, you saw another basket on the front porch and instantly got worried that the baby was out too long. You quickly got the boys out of the car, letting them in the house before you went to get the basket. You picked up the basket, bringing the baby inside. The basket was heavy, of course, and you figured it was to be a hefty kid. You didn’t bother looking inside and put the basket on the table. You pulled off the blanket and smiled, seeing the sleeping baby…

            Well, babies.

            Who do you think it is~~~?? Two or three or more??? Even I don’t know! And what really happened to the Kingkas and Queenkas??? Did they get a child or more? Or did something happen to them? Will the students do something if they find out about her telling them about the babies??

            Send in your ideas or comments!!!!!