Angels, Black Sheep, and Leeches

Mama of Exo

Chapter Twelve: Angels, Black Sheep, and Leeches

          Quickly, you stopped the car, threw off your seatbelt, opened the door, and ran to the package sitting on your doorstep. Fear settled in your heart; stirring sorrow with it in your stomach. You ran with all your might, thoughts racing in your mind.

          Why didn’t the doorbell ring? If it did, why couldn’t I hear it?! Why didn’t the alarm system go off? I set it on correctly…oh, forget about the frigging alarm, Julie. Get to the basket, and with that, she pulled back the blanket over the basket, faintly feeling the pain in her knees as her legs gave out; not even hearing the babies from the car cry out to you. You focused on the basket in front of you.

          You pulled back the blanket and saw the new angels, only one still awake. The baby’s eyes widened when he saw you, opening his mouth to cry out to wake up the others. You wouldn’t let that happen though, since you picked him up immediately, holding him to your body to keep him warm from the freezing thirty degree temperature. He struggled a little bit, but soon nuzzled his face into your neck. You took off the blanket from over the basket and placed it on the other two, trying to keep them warm.

          You then picked up the basket, slowly carrying it to the car as you felt the babies inside moving, as if waking up from the walking. You looked down, seeing the babies rub their eyes before staring at you. You walked a little faster, getting into your seat as you placed the basket down in the passenger seat. You then the heater full blast before closing your door and putting your new baby back in the basket. You then turned back to the other boys who were now wiping their faces and rubbing their eyes from the tears that spilled over.

          You said comforting words to them before turning on the CD they loved to sing along to. You turned back to the three new babies, grabbing the letter.

          “Dear Miss Shield,

                   I hope we didn’t shock you. Did we shock you with three of them? Yes? Ah…sorry about that!

                   I don’t have a lot of time to tell you everything, so I will give you a short summary on each child.

                    The one on the far left, his name is Jongdae; or Chen. He loves to sing, he will trick you by pretending various emotions, and will most likely be the loudest of the three (we don’t really know since they don’t come near us at all; we expect him to be the loudest, though). He loves regular food, so don’t feed him baby food. He loves to cuddle (we learned that because when he was sad, he’d cuddle into the boys, but with you, we don’t know what he will do!) and he will most likely be tricking you into hugging him.

                    The one in the middle is Beakhyun. He loves to draw on walls, floors, and ceilings (don’t ask) with…wait for it…eyeliner. He is very mischievous and can be a little devil when he wants to be. That being said, don’t let him near your purse. Ever. Chanyeol (the one next to him) or Chen occupied the assistants a lot, allowing him to get into their purse, stealing all their makeup. I am not going to lie to you. Seeing a baby draw on ceilings, walls, and floors with makeup is actually really hilarious. You don’t know how many times I would walk into his room to see him “coloring” on the walls with makeup. He loves regular food, too…mostly bacon.

                    The one on the far right, next to Beakhyun, is Chanyeol. Again, just Chanyeol. He is very loveable, though we have only seen him show love Beakhyun and Jongin (another kid you will get later) a lot. They seem to be his favorite brothers out of all of them. We don’t know much about him since whenever one of us came near him, Beakhyun and Jongin would suddenly get a backbone and yell or scream at us, making the others come straight away so we couldn’t get close to him. What we do know is that he reacts really well to things he likes or dislikes. He is, really, and open book. He will eat anything and everything, though.

                   There are four more kids. We have decided to give you one tomorrow and then the last three after him. I don’t know if I told you, but as you may have noticed, you have all boys right now. The rest are all boys as well, so hopefully you can run and play fun games or else you are in trouble when they reach the terrible two’s.

                   Anyway, ta-ta~!

                             Lee Soo Man  

 You began to drive again, the gates closing as you set the alarm correctly (you knew because a green light came on). You soon heard them singing, along with Chen. The other two just stared at you with – what you felt was – cold eyes; as if they didn’t like you. You just ignored it though, singing along with your babies, but making sure to keep concentrated on the road.

          “Baa, baa, black sheep, have you any wool?” You sang along to the tune.

          “Yes sir, yes sir,

          Three bags full.

 

          One for my master,

          One for my dame,

          And one for the little boy

          Who lives down the lane.” You paused as the rest of them giggled or sang with you.

          “Baa baa black sheep,

          Have you any wool?

          Yes sir, yes sir,

          Three bags full.

 

          “Baa, baa, white sheep,

          Have you any wool?

          Yes sir, yes sir,

          Three needles full.

 

          “One to mend a jumper,

          One to mend a frock,

           And one for the little girl,

           With holes in her sock.

 

          “Baa, baa, white sheep,

          Have you any wool?

          Yes sir, yes sir,

          Three needles full.

 

          “Baa, baa, grey sheep,

          Have you any wool?

          Yes sir yes sir,

          Three bags full.

 

          “One for the kitten,

          One for the cats,

          And one for the guinea pigs,

          To knit some wooly hats.

         

          “Baa, Baa, grey sheep,

          Have you any wool?

          Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full,” You finished, laughing along with the little giggles from the back. After three more nursery rhymes, a whole bunch of stop lights, and three stop signs, you were finally at the school, twenty minutes before class was supposed to start and five kids. You took Xiumin, Luhan, and Kris out, feeling Xiumin and Kris sit on your feet while Luhan held onto your flannel shirt. You put Suho on your back, feeling him cling you as Xiumin once did. You then put their bag over your shoulder before putting Lay on the unoccupied hip. You then closed the door, walking around to get the other three.

          The students watched you, their faces contorted in expressions of disgust; some even sneering at you. You could basically hear the words they whispered or thought about you. Grabbing the basket, you locked the van and walked towards the school, slowly. Luhan walked in front of you for a while before Xiumin and Kris joined him. They always walked a little in front of you, making you smile when they turned around once in a while to make sure you were still there. Your smile wasn’t on your face for long, though.

          You followed your sons to the door of the school, hearing the words of the others around you. As the rude and mean words continued, your smile faded. You started to feel your face grow hot and tears gather behind your eyes. You kept it back, though, bottling it up inside you.

          Oh my God, she is such a !

          How many times do you think she’s been laid?

          Even if she did get laid, she couldn’t give birth that fast.

          I heard she steals kids from their families.

          I heard she kills people for a living and those are the kids of her victims she trains to be just like her. On that last comment, you smiled so wide that it almost hurt, the sadness somewhat being forgotten. The comment was hilarious, you totally admit that, but that didn’t mean you weren’t angry or annoyed at the comments.

          Opening the door, the boys tumbled inside with you following. They skipped down the halls to the daycare, making you walk faster to keep up with them.

          When you got there, though, the idols were already there.

          All of them.

          Inside the room as they talked to Jill about their kids.

          You took you kids inside, setting Lay and Suho down to play with the other three that went to play by themselves in the sitting area. Soon, the others left, but not without thanking you and looking at your three babies that sat in the basket with blank expressions on their faces. You didn’t really want to talk to them, of course, and Jill came to your rescue, thankfully.

          “Julie, are these the new babies?” Jill asked once they left, leaning down to look into the basket at the babies.

          “Yes and no. This is Chen, Beakhyun, and Chanyeol,” you answered, taking Chen out. He seemed to like you as he nuzzled his face into your neck again, but you had a feeling he wanted something. “I have two more playing with the others. The one with the adorable haircut is Lay and the other is Suho. I have food for the five of them, just not these three. Chen and Beakhyun eat regular food, while Chanyeol will eat anything. Please feed them well.”

          Nodding, Jill answered you, “I think I made too much food for myself anyway, so I can feed them some of that if they get hungry.” You nodded. “I’ll leave you alone so you can break the news to the new ones.” You nodded for the nth time before setting Chen down and calling for the others.

          “Ho-nnie, Chennie, Beakie, Channie, Lay-ah,” you began. They cocked their heads. “Omoni has to leave for a while, okay? Omoni will be back in a little bit, alright?” You told them slowly, feeling they’d understand and be okay without you. They looked at each other and then back at you. “Are you good? Am I allowed to leave for a little bit?” You said it with a bit of humor at the end, but you didn’t expect the answer you got.

          “Allowed,” Suho began. “But don’t forget us, Omoni.” You cracked a smile, nodding once more before seeing the other three run to you.

          “Kiss, Omoni!” they cried. You kissed the three on the head, along with Suho, Lay, and Chen (who more than gladly accepted it). When you tried with Beakhyun, he opened his mouth to scream. You pulled away when he opened his mouth, holding your hands up in surrender. He shut his mouth, smiling smugly. You rolled your eyes, turning to Chanyeol to see if he wanted a kiss as well. His eyes widened, shaking his head as he got out of the basket, Beakhyun following him, and running with the others to the back. You laughed the embarrassment and sadness off, bottling it up once more.

          Looking at the time, you walked out of the room, leaving the bag with their food and toys with Jill. You walked out, hearing a bell ring: the tardy bell. You then booked it to your next class, your legs not being able to run as fast as you wished. You could still feel the pain on your kneecaps from when you got the three kids. It felt as if you had put your knees on glass…not cement. When the thought entered your mind, you stopped walking, the pain becoming more and more noticeable. You looked down at your legs and saw what you feared the most.

          Gagging, you saw what was wrong. Your leggings and kneecaps were covered in blood, making it look like two blackish red leeches on your legs. Your stomach dropped when you saw it, but decided to go to the nurse’s office later on. So, instead of stopping the bleeding…you went to class.

 

Image is Jill. Hopefully that gives you some idea what she looks like! I will try to find Lee for the next chapter! :)