A Day With Ken

Why does it have to be you?

 Ken Pov

 

 As I woke up I reached for the other side of the bed, my hand touched the cold blanket and it felt like emptiness. I quickly pulled my hand back, tearing off the covers and setting my feet down on the cold wooden floor.

 "God, its so cold in here!", I thought as I dragged my feet to the kitchen, the aroma of....food? I yawned and plopped on the couch." Good morning sleepy head", I heard someone say. I jumped and quickly grabbed the vase next to me, someone was in my apartment. I blinked my eyes and....y/n?! I lowered the vase and there she was, cooking breakfast I presume. But why was she here? I walked up to her and she smiled at me, flipping one of the pancakes.

 "Y/n...why are you..here?", I asked, still in a morning daze. She stood there and she just looked so..cute. She pursed her lips and put the pancakes on a plate, walking right past me to set it on the table."You don't remember? You honestly don't remember?", she giggled, placing the utensils neatly by the plates. What? What happened last night?"Could you tell me what happened?", I asked, a bit more pleading than I wanted.

 "Honestly, I could never forget. You told me the story of how your mother died and you wouldn't stop crying afterwards, you fell asleep. So...I had to drag you to your bed and tuck you in, your a heavy sleeper", she said, lightly laughing as she talked. I couldn't help but smile as she look at me, she looked so beautiful.

 I realized i was close to her, just inches away from those lips.. I quickly backed away, way to close! She blushed and quickly retreated into the kitchen and started to wash the dishes." Umm, you should eat your breakfast", she said, red spreading across her face. 

 I sat down at the table, I grabbed the fork and took a piece of pancake, slowly savoring the taste as I chewed it."Wow, delicious!", I said through a mouthful of food, I could honestly say she was way better cook then me."I thought you would like it", she said, wiping her hands on the towel.

 "So..aren't you supposed to be working today?", I asked, today was Thursday and it was a day she was supposed to be working today."Oh, funny you should ask. My boss gave me the day off, don't know why though but I never asked", she said, twirling her hair." What does that mean?", I asked, I was just curious what she had planned today, maybe she would want to go on a date with me! 

 "I dont have anything planned if your thinking that, I'm free for whatever, under my thinking", she said, tapping her chin with her finger." Oh! So..umm, would you like to go shopping with me then?", I asked, I was hoping for a yes."Sure, I'd love too, I love shopping!", she said excitedly.

 A warm feeling spread throughout me, happiness bubbled up inside me. She said yes! I smiled and felt butterflies in my stomachs."Great! I'll just get dressed then we can leave! ", I said not sparing a moment to launch myself I to the bedroom. This was going to be the best day ever!! Just me and her, it sounded so perfect!